MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Sunday
3:57 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » The 220-Ton Powder Keg
The 220-Ton Powder Keg
Karth_DeQoraDate: Sunday, 07 Oct 2012, 9:31 PM | Message # 31
Colonel general
Group: Administrators
Awards: 1
He nodded, though it wasn't quite clear whether it was in response to Dani's suggestion, or simply validation that they had, in fact, arrived at their destination. The street around them was cluttered, albeit populated with some less-than-savory individuals, but the two of them would be fine.. probably. He turned back to her, grinning in that way he did whenever they faced potential danger. "Look, D, there's a reason we're here. Well, two reasons. I'm a marked man here, and here the local SoroSuub rent-a-cops don't like to tread." His eyes scanned the street once more, as though he was afraid that he'd suddenly summoned them simply on an utterance. "Ryln's an old friend I guess. And he has everything we need. And he and Vallo aren't on the best of terms, to say the least.

"Which means," he continued. "He might be willing to share, if we make him care." With a confident nod, Karth placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder, squeezing gently and widening his smile. "Trust me, eh? We're still kickin'." And, with that, he quickly made his way across the street, hands tucked deep within his cloak.

Man, Myth, Administrative God. Also plays a mean kazoo.
Jace Varitek: In Northern California we just have gangs of vigilante interior decorators.

Daneira_FarrisDate: Monday, 08 Oct 2012, 3:58 PM | Message # 32
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Daneira found that, despite his reassuring touch and smile, she was not quite settled about the entire situation. Maybe she was just tired and cranky from the heat, she thought, though it was doubtful that was all that was bothering her. Still, Dani kept a hand on one of the blasters that was on her person, the one at her waist. He gaze followed him across the street and then reluctantly she followed.

"Slim..." She started as she caught up. "Share what? About Vallo? Or the part we need for Caecelia?" If she was honest with him right then, Dani would have told Karth that she was unconcerned about Vallo. That was something they could handle on their own, Dani had done worse on her own, so she thought. Vallo wasn't a Hutt she had any direct contact with, but if he was like the others, it wouldn't be a difficult job.

"I don't think we can trust this guy. I know you say he's your 'friend', but...I don't know. I've learned that friends are usually wolves in disguise." It was just a caution on her part. For now she wanted to just trust him and try and get through this. They could get the part, get the information they needed and be on their way and get the price off of Karth's head.

Karth_DeQoraDate: Tuesday, 23 Oct 2012, 5:34 PM | Message # 33
Colonel general
(( Sorry for the delay Jess; but, well, you know what's been up with me lately. ))

The apartment building—just as seedy and decrepit as he remembered—still smelled the same after three years. The air was thick with tobacco and spice, it stung his nostrils and caused the Jedi to wince. To their right, immediately upon entering the lobby, was the elevator that led up to Ryln's floor. Karth's eyes lingered on the cluster of Sullustans huddled up at the stairs, an all-too-familiar sight in this part of town. His mind drifted back to the first time he'd been here. He was a different man, then. Back then he was disheartened; the scars—both emotional and physical—from the betrayal on Tanaab still relatively fresh. The man that walked through those doors now was calmer, serene (or brooding, depending on who was observing). Karth turned back to Daneira, a grim smile set along his chapped lips, hoping that she trusted him. It wasn't a matter of funds, or of whether or not she feared his former employer. To him the problem ran a lot deeper, something Karth had no doubt she would discover in time.

"Ryln's on the third floor, if my mind's not totally fucked by this point." While those words were said with confidence, a part of him couldn't help but feel that the Sullustan would have gotten off-world by now, especially considering what had happened a few years ago. WIth another glance around the lobby, he cocked his head towards the waiting elevator. "If you wanna head back to the ship, I'd understand, believe me."

He couldn't blame her for being suspicious, cautious, whatever it was. Ryln wasn't trustworthy in the slightest; at least, not if he wasn't paid ahead of time. But, the alien had a strong survivor's instinct, and Karth had become quite adept at using that trait to his advantage in the past. A part of De'Qora wasn't quite sure what it was he hoped to find up there; though the cynical side of his brain was telling him to expect either an empty apartment or a rotting corpse. Friends were few and far between in this galaxy, and while Ryln certainly hadn't been a friend, he was more than willing to stick one in Vallo the Hutt's craw. That alone was good enough for Karth. That, and the fact that Ryln Telumb held no great love for the Empire, either, something he couldn't say for any of his other (former) contacts.

Jace Varitek: In Northern California we just have gangs of vigilante interior decorators.

Daneira_FarrisDate: Wednesday, 24 Oct 2012, 6:59 PM | Message # 34
Lieutenant
For a brief and shining moment, Daneira wanted to slap the spit out of Karth De'Qora. "Really, Slim? You really think I am just going to walk away? Do you know me at all?" Yes, she was a little upset about the stupidity of his statement. More than upset, really. Instead of remaining angry at him over the silliness, she just brushed past him and into the apartment building and started the trek to the third floor on foot. A brief glance behind her would tell her if he was coming or not.

More than anything, she wanted to get this over with and get off of that god forsaken planet. Then they could get the price off of Karth's head. That was even more important to her than getting off planet. Dani waited at the landing on the third floor, and unsnapped the holsters that held the blasters she was carrying before she drew the one at her hip and kept her finger hovering over the trigger. Hopefully she wouldn't need it, but the weapon would at least be ready if the need arose.

"Which apartment?" She called back to him, though her voice was quiet as to not alert anyone. Kicking down each door wouldn't have been ideal, but it would happen if there was no other choice.

Karth_DeQoraDate: Thursday, 22 Nov 2012, 6:42 PM | Message # 35
Colonel general
"Four, ah..." he paused, tapping his chin as he followed slowly behind her. "B?" He posited, hand reaching down to the blaster strapped at his thigh. His saber, while certainly the more elegant and impressive weapon, was hardly practical for such tight quarters. Not to mention someone waving a laser sword around tended to draw the attention of the individuals they had been hoping to avoid.

4-B, there it was. The same faded durasteel, replete with carbon scoring, with the malfunctioning control panel. Karth smiled at his good fortune; or perhaps it was bad fortune that Ryln hadn't fixed that in all of these years. Either way, the Jedi cocked a head down the hallway, indicating Dani should keep watch, while he tinkered. It was password-encrypted, but the encryption was un-changeable. A few seconds of searching his brain revealed the combination. 7,5,2,2,8. The door slid open with a whoosh, spilling dim light into a dark and foreboding tenement. "Huh," he mused, waiting a moment before stepping inside so his eyes can adjust to the darkness. There was a stench, and it wasn't pleasant, it overpowered the million other smells that hung thick in the hallway. It wasn't a good sign. "You smell that?" He inquired, stifling a retch.

Groaning, Karth covered his nose with a jacketed arm and stepped into the apartment, hand feeling about for a light switch. It took a moment, but soon the apartment was brightly-lit, and the explanation for the smell soon became clear. The room, first of all, was thrashed. It appeared as though several rabid kath hounds had taken to Ryln's musty furniture, everything was torn or shredded entirely. There were holes in his wall, burn marks, and a freshly-rotting bird sitting on the stove. Who knew how long it had been there. But what was really, truly interesting? In the center of the living room, trembling quietly in a chair, was a Sullustan. His legs and arms were bound, mouth gagged and his eyes wide when he spotted the two. In his panicked state he kicked out, the chair toppling out from underneath him and sending him crashing to the floor.

Now, where a man like Karth would normally help the poor bastard out, he could only chuckle and holster his gun. "Howdy, Ryln. Long time no—" he paused, sniffing. "—smell."

Daneira_FarrisDate: Thursday, 22 Nov 2012, 7:34 PM | Message # 36
Lieutenant
"Is he dead?" She asked as the stench rolled from the room in a wave. "Gad....." She groaned as she waved him off. There was no one in the hallway anyway, so they were pretty clear. As Karth stepped in, Dani followed, frowning as she did. The place was disgusting, worse than anywhere she had been even over the past ten years. Even worse than Karths skanky apartment when she had found him.

"-This-is your friend? Doesn't surprise me any." Dani smirked and unlike Karth, she kept her weapon in hand. For a moment, she wondered if he was going to leave the guy tied up, or help him and find out what happened. She could have cares less either way. "Are ya gonna introduce me? Or not?" Being who she was, Dani did check the other rooms for bodies or people and threw open a window so they wouldn't asphyxiated on top of everything else.

Finally, Dani holstered her blaster and turned her attention to Karth.

Karth_DeQoraDate: Thursday, 22 Nov 2012, 7:42 PM | Message # 37
Colonel general
He frowned, scratching absently behind his ear before he turned to her, offering a shrug. "He's usually more impressive than this," Karth conceded before turning back to Ryln, who was helpless and pathetic on the living room floor. De'Qora sighed, perhaps a bit over-dramatically, and knelt down to hoist the sullustan back to his feet. "Look at you," he continued, sitting Telumb back in the chair and dusting him off. "Let me guess: bookie did this to you? Or wait, maybe one of the pimps you solicit got tired of you stiffing him.."

After a moment of quiet contemplation, Karth struggled to undo the restraints around Ryln's thin ankles. Far be it from him to leave an innocent creature to suffer, hungry and scared. That didn't mean he wasn't itching to have a bit of fun, first, after what happened between the two the last time Karth was here. Threats had been made, albeit empty ones on the sullustan's part, but that didn't offend De'Qora any less.

The gag in his mouth remained, for the moment, simply because Karth remembered all too-well that Ryln could talk a sarlaac to death. He turned back to Dani, his gaze apologetic, before he slid the door shut behind them and let out a sigh. "You really let this place go, buddy, I swear."

Daneira_FarrisDate: Thursday, 22 Nov 2012, 7:48 PM | Message # 38
Lieutenant
"He stiffed a pimp? Aren't ya supposed to stiff the.....well.....never mind." Dani said as she threw open a second window. She glanced to the counter and saw a bottle of antibacterial dish soap....and the sink had one of those pull out sprayers. It was mighty tempting. Dani tossed a glance to Karth and held up a somewhat rusted steel wool pad and shrugged, half nodding to his friend before she smirked.

"Can't imagine how he could be more impressive." She said as she abandoned the soap and prayer idea for the moment. "Lets get this over with though. It would be nice to get out of here." Normally it wouldn't have bothered her, but she felt a little off and was anxious to return to Caecelia. It wasn't that she felt there was something wrong with the ship (moreso than the busted part) but someone in the ship....or worse. Someone that -was- in the ship.

Ryln-TelumbDate: Thursday, 22 Nov 2012, 8:00 PM | Message # 39
Private
Poor Ryln Telumb, simple information broker, has had one of the worst days of his (relatively) young life. First off, no, he hadn't stiffed a pimp. Not in the last few weeks, anyhow, and that debt had been quickly repaid. The reason as to his current... predicament... was a simple one. Information was always in demand; and when one dealt in secrets that concerned some very, very important people, there was bound to be friction. Secondly, he had only just the other day received the unfortunate news that his mother had passed. Some sort of hemorrhagic fever, quite disgusting really. While the news itself wasn't so much sad as it was disappointing; Telumb's mother hated him with a passion. The disappointment stemmed mainly from the fact that he hadn't been there to witness it.

And, as though fate was some cruel puppeteer, in walks the one person in the whole galaxy that Telumb feared would always come back to settle an old score. So, naturally, upon glimpsing the visage of Karth De'Qora for the first time in years, his first instinct was to scramble for an escape route. This, quite hilariously, backfired. So here he was, completely at the mercy of a powerful Jedi Knight that had promised unspeakable pain and anguish be wrought upon Ryln for how their friendship had ended.

The woman, however, was a wild card. Beautiful, clad in outerwear and toting weaponry that showed she meant business. If he hadn't surmised the closeness of these two, he would have perhaps attempted to approach her. As it stood, however, he was stricken with abject terror at the notion that she might scrub him clean with steel wool. Wide-eyed, Ryln struggled to loosen the gag in his mouth, something Karth eventually relented to and allowed it to slip free. A torrent of words spilled forth.

"De'Qora! My friend, long time no smell indeed!" A nervous laugh, then more words. "Ahaha, you've caught me in quite the state, I'm afraid. Though I must say your own state looks quite-" another pause, his black eyes scanning Daneira with the faintest hint of lust in them. "-accomodating." Ryln finished, gulping and attempting to cull the sweat dripping from his pores.

Message edited by Ryln-Telumb - Thursday, 22 Nov 2012, 8:01 PM

Karth_DeQoraDate: Thursday, 22 Nov 2012, 8:21 PM | Message # 40
Colonel general
"Yeah, quite the state," Karth mused, crouching so that Ryln was eye-level with him, their similarly-dark eyes meeting. Telumb's gaze held a potent cocktail of fear and anger, with a smattering of shame. Karth's, conversely, were serene. Though his gaze was always serene, that didn't mean he wasn't secretly plotting Telumb's violent, bloody death. He very nearly eviscerated him when he caught the sullustan eyeing up Daneira; Karth sneered and slapped him across the cheek, pointing into his eyes. "Eyes on me, buddy. What the hell happened to you?"

There was no genuine concern in his voice, more like morbid curiosity. This pathetic excuse for a sentient being most certainly deserved whatever horrible vengeance was brought down upon him, of that much Karth was deadly-certain. He held up a hand when the bound man started to speak, that silencing the terrified sullustan before it turned outward, calling a kitchen knife over to hover a few inches from Ryln's ear. "And no lying this time."

Daneira_FarrisDate: Thursday, 22 Nov 2012, 9:02 PM | Message # 41
Lieutenant
Dani frowned when she noticed his wandering eye as well. Karth's slap wasn't nearly enough to satisfy her, but for the moment she let it go and let the two of them talk. If his beady eyes wandered again, however, she would make sure to knock his balls into his throat or punch him in the face. Just because she felt like it.

"Karth..." She said as she paused at the window. "If I had tied someone up and left them for dead, I'd probably come back to make sure they were dead, wouldn't you? Or come back to see if he'd be willing to give up the information..." It was, of course, a hypothetical question, but valid none the less. Not that the pair of them couldn't get out of a tight situation if need be.

Ryln-TelumbDate: Friday, 23 Nov 2012, 12:49 PM | Message # 42
Private
He damn near pissed himself, what with a knife hovering half-a-foot from his right ear. He liked that ear, and Ryln would have hated to constantly sit with his left side facing anybody for the rest of his life. So, any pre-existing inclination to lie to the two dissipated quickly in the wake of his sudden need to remain eared. "Why would I lie to you?" he began, jowls flapping audibly in what Karth could only assume was the sullustan equivalent of a two-faced smile. "We're old friends, right? No secrets between friends, ahaha." Still, Telumb's poker face was as bad as everything else he attempted, and the drab look in De'Qora's eyes told him that the Jedi wasn't having any pleasantries.

Ryln sucked in a breath, clearing his throat and shaking his head. 'Fine, no lies. I suppose I can't blame you for the suspicion, given how we left things." He paused, nodding along with Dani's sentiment. "You should listen to the beautiful female, this area isn't safe for us to talk. They left me here to 'think' about things." He sighed, bobbing his head as he chattered in that language of his. His eyes nervously flitted from Karth, to the door, to the knife and back.

Message edited by Ryln-Telumb - Friday, 23 Nov 2012, 12:49 PM

Karth_DeQoraDate: Friday, 23 Nov 2012, 12:58 PM | Message # 43
Colonel general
"Mmh," Karth grunted. He let the knife fall to the ground with a clatter, undoing Ryln's wrist restraints and allowing him to stretch out his neck. De'Qora rose back up to his feet, bringing a hand up to his neck to crack it, clearly annoyed. His other hand remained at his side, hovering near his DL-18, just in case his old friend decided to get uppity. Or in case his friends, whoever they are, decided to come and finish the job. "Guess that means you shouldn't waste my time, then." Another crack, his neck always seemed to hurt whenever he was annoyed. "Give me a reason I shouldn't just leave you here." He wouldn't, of course, but best to seem in-control. Ryln was far more likely to respond to the threat of a grisly demise than he was a chumming between two old criminal friends. There was no honor amongst thieves, and that extended to petty ones like him.

Daneira_FarrisDate: Sunday, 25 Nov 2012, 12:14 PM | Message # 44
Lieutenant
She was feeling antsy and impatient, and didn't do anything to mask those feelings from Karth. While they talked, she was checking out the escape routes and then the best places to hold should someone come back for the skeezy Sullustan. Her gaze found Karth again and she crossed the small room to him in several steps.

"Maybe we oughta just leave him. He doesn't seem like he's going to be able to help anyway. Kinda useless and used up, it looks like. Especially if he didn't hold up his end of the last deal he was apart of." A little good cop/bad cop never hurt anyone, especially when they needed something from a sleezebag. She watched Karth with he shimmering dove grey eyes for several moments before she popped the snap that held one of her blasters in its holster. Just in case.

Karth_DeQoraDate: Monday, 26 Nov 2012, 4:15 PM | Message # 45
Colonel general
Antsy and impatient was one way to describe the emotions he felt streaming off of her; though Karth would have better summarized it as annoyance. Ryln had that effect on people, and his patience was wearing thinner and thinner by the moment. He cast her a wink, back to Ryln so that he could indicate that the routine would work. "The lady doesn't think you're worth it, Ryln," he stated, turning back to the sullustan with a sudden darkening in his features. "And she's far more patient than I am." He crossed the distance between himself and their prisoner, sliding over one of the kitchen chairs with him and plopping down into it. His gaze never left Telumb's, Karth crossed his legs and unstrapped the pistol at his side, inspecting the barrel as though he was contemplating using it. "Talk."

He gave the pistol a little spin, pointing it once or twice at Ryln, just to elicit a little protested whimper. It was hard not to torture him like this, clearly Karth held grudges more seriously than he thought.

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » The 220-Ton Powder Keg
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz