MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Sunday
4:12 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » A Mission of Mercy (To Haruun Kal)
A Mission of Mercy
Darius_VaughnDate: Saturday, 12 Jan 2013, 11:26 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Users
Awards: 0
A number of ships dropped out of hyperspace near Haruun Kal. Among them were a quartet of Barloz-class freighters, a trio of Class 720 freighters, a squadron of MorningStar-B starfighters, a squadron of MorningStar-C starfighters and a rather distinctive modified JumpMaster 5000 by the name of Escapade; a trio of container transports were not long in arriving either, though they had not yet emerged. At the moment, however, none were broadcasting any IFF signal, running dark as it were.

In the cockpit of the Escapade, Darius Vaughn, Prince of Tantra, was sweating more than slightly as he broadcast over the encrypted Libs frequency that he'd been given some time ago. "Black Knight to any listeners, I need to speak with whomever is in charge as soon as possible. It is a most urgent message and we are low on time." By Vaughn's estimation, he only had a matter of hours, having had assembled a mercy fleet with others on the way to act as personnel evacuation.

Darius Vaughn
Prince of Tantra

Message edited by Darius_Vaughn - Sunday, 13 Jan 2013, 3:51 PM

Tremaine_FowlkesDate: Sunday, 13 Jan 2013, 8:59 AM | Message # 2
Colonel general
What Darius did not know was the fact that the Black Knight was put on the "at-risk" list for the Libs. When he had met with Baird, Havoc, and Mika...all three got captured and Black Knight was the only one that came out of it. After the meeting, the man had disappeared for a long time before now. Havoc and Baird escaped, and would have likely told the Libs of Darius' true identity. Once Darius and his people arrived, he would see that there was a DP20 gunship in the orbit, with a squadron of Z-95 Headhunters running a routine patrols of the planet.

Inside the gunship were former General Jed Mann of Telosian Security Forces. The moment he had received the evacuation code, he had been preparing for evacuation and the whole base was on high alert. When the Black Knight's crew showed up, the Z-95s would move to reinforce the DP20's position. The channel would open, "This is General Mann of the Patriot. You are in the restricted space. Please leave." The weapons were ready hot, trained to shoot when ordered.

Tremaine Fowlkes
Senator of Telos IV

Darius_VaughnDate: Sunday, 13 Jan 2013, 11:06 AM | Message # 3
Lieutenant colonel
Assumptions could well have been made and cast, but there was nothing specific to say that Vaughn had not been captured or not. Granted of course, Havoc and Baird might have seen or assumed something, but was it truth or was it yet another Imperial lie? The overall truth was that the Libs based at Haruun Kal would not have received an evacuation code yet (see the OOC board in regards to the Libs slicing messages), and as such, while their suspicion of Vaughn was not unfounded, he did have a way to make it past and allay any fears they might have.

When the ship hailed him, Vaughn did not alter his course. "General Mann? My codename is Black Knight, and I have come on an emergency mission at extreme risk to myself, my life and my family to get word that I have managed to glean. I know there is much I must explain, but the word I bring is in dire need of hearing by the Libs." Vaughn's fists tightened on the controls briefly as he mentioned that name. If this General Mann did not like that word, or was indeed an Imperial lackey, Vaughn and his rescue ships might well be fired upon here.

Darius Vaughn
Prince of Tantra

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » A Mission of Mercy (To Haruun Kal)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz