MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Monday
8:14 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » Into a Warzone (Set after the events of Carida)
Into a Warzone
Ana_StarkDate: Tuesday, 26 Feb 2013, 7:55 PM | Message # 16
Major general
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Ana had met Draken Tu'Rot twice now, and his excitement did not cease to startle her this time as well.  She actually winced when he nearly crushed her hand in his Goliath-like grip, before she was able to withdraw her hand from his politely. "Thank you, Senator. The compliment is most welcome."  She looked down at the data pad thrust into her hands and switched the device on as he spoke. When the eccentric Senator announced what it was and its purpose, she smiled some and looked to Alyn for a moment before she returned her husbands offered kiss. 

"This is a generous donation, Senator. Too much, perhaps. We wouldn't turn it down, of course. I am glad to see that at least some Senators have a care for those in the galaxy who need help. Help that will hopefully not be too hard to find or gain easy access to in the near future." Ana said before she switched the data pad off and handed it to An aide of sorts, who was always lurking nearby.

Draken_TurotDate: Wednesday, 27 Feb 2013, 3:45 PM | Message # 17
Major general
"I certainly hope not, Ana!!!" Tu'Rot shot back with some concern. "The best medical doctors and staff that Acherin can offer!!! And the best part is, Acherin will handle all the payments... it is OUR vessel afterall!!!" Nodding some, he looked at Alyn. "Tell me my good man... exactly what is the game plan here!?"

Message edited by Draken_Turot - Wednesday, 27 Feb 2013, 3:45 PM

Alyn_StarkDate: Thursday, 14 Mar 2013, 3:10 PM | Message # 18
Generalissimo
Awards: 2
( Let's just run this as happening prior to the events at Trandosha. )

"Quite fine, Senator Thanatos. It is one of the things that make me exceptionally glad I departed the Senate before I became quite insane." Stark chuckled a bit and shook his head. "Then again, my reputation does precede me and I am a man known for challenging the norms." With another kiss for Ana, Stark moved away a step or two to be able to address the group.

"As you all may be aware, the Botor-Dawferim Conflict has been an ongoing strife for quite some time. The Dawferim, Human by nature, are fighting with the Humans under Botor control. The Botor themselves are an ursinoid species. My idea is to go in and meet with the Dawferim leaders first, offering them counsel, aid and assist in any way I can. Following that, I plan to meet with the Botor and extend the same offer, hopefully bringing both their peoples together under a neutral flag that I shall raise to be able to bring a close to this conflict and usher them into the fold of the Galactic Empire."

Alyn Stark
Lord of Kinyov
Senior Captain, Retired, Republic Navy
Head of House Malos (former)
Licensed bounty hunter
Majority shareholder, Lorrd Engineering
Owner, Stark Defense Conglomerate
Civilian Medal of Honor recipient
Representative, Lorrd (10 BBY-9 BBY)

Ilanah_ThanatosDate: Friday, 15 Mar 2013, 4:43 PM | Message # 19
Colonel general
Awards: 3
"Mr. Stark..."  Ilanah started, hesitantly.  "Why is it, exactly, that you think this is your job to stop?  A feud is a feud and it should be worked out between the two parties.  I know your heart is in the right place, and helping to negotiate is a good thing, but...."  She frowned for a moment.  "Why you...or us, for that matter?"

Ilanah R. Thanatos
Senator of Chandrila

Ana_StarkDate: Friday, 15 Mar 2013, 4:56 PM | Message # 20
Major general
"Well thank you, none the less, Senator.  I will make sure that the Foundation sends you an invoice for a tax write off.  A non-profit donation is , well....thank you."  Ana said, patting Tu'Rot's arm lightly before she moved to stand beside Alyn. 

"Ilanah, I know that you have doubts about this.  I had a feeling that you would, but I asked for you to be brought here specifically because of your work with children's charities.  I've read so much about the good work that you do, though it has tapered off since the birth of your son.  You are the best person I....we could think of to help here.  There have been so many children affected by the war.  They've been left without parents or entire families.  That's part of the reason I am here, and most of the reason you are."  If nothing else, Ana knew how to tug on the heart strings of the doubting Senator.

Draken_TurotDate: Sunday, 17 Mar 2013, 10:12 AM | Message # 21
Major general
With the pat on the arm, Tu'Rot got a little red. "A beautiful woman touched me!!!" He thought to himself, nearly yelling it in front of everyone. Listening to Stark, he nodded some. "A conflict is a conflict, Alyn!!! However, rather then risk your life on the ground, we should bring them up here and discuss with them the issues!!! I cannot be permitted to go onto the ground and I can't let you go either!" He stood tall. "Call it bad for business!!!"

Ana_StarkDate: Thursday, 21 Mar 2013, 3:15 PM | Message # 22
Major general
Ana had barely finished speaking to Ilanah when she felt it.  A slight, but incredible pain that pulsated from her navel to her hips.  She tried hard to hide it, and was relived about a half of a minute later when it subsided.  As Tu'Rot spoke, however, it happened again.  This time though, Ana checked the delicate silver chrono that was fastened around her right wrist.  A minute, only a minute.  She noticed then that Senator Thanatos was watching her, and she forced a small smile. 

"I really apologize, you two, but you are going to have to excuse me...and perhaps Alyn too.  Would you mind taking Senator Thanatos or Governor Tu'Rot's ship and go ahead?  Just in case...I mean...."  She knew Ilanah would understand, at least.  Ana moved over to her and kissed to woman on each cheek.  "Please let me take Caden with us.  Our nanny could watch him until you all return."  She offered to take him.  At that point though, if Ilanah would allow it, Alyn would have to take the boy because Ana was lucky to be upright.  It was unfortunate that Ana (and Jackson) was cutting their diplomatic visit short, but Thanatos and Tu'Rot certainly could handle it on their own, were Alyn not able to catch up with them.

Ilanah_ThanatosDate: Thursday, 21 Mar 2013, 3:28 PM | Message # 23
Colonel general
Ilanah hesitated for a moment, wanting desperately to help Ana, but going home would be best for the woman right now.  She recognized her expression.  "Sure, yes, that might be for the best."  Ilanah trusted the Stark's and knew that Caden would be better with Ana and safer on Lorrd than where Lana and Tu'Rot were going.  She let Alyn take her son, after some moments of hesitation before she looked to Tu'Rot.

"Why don't we take my ship and let them....well anyway.  My ship is very nice and comfortable.  Custom.  I think you will enjoy it."  She linked her arm with his carefully to show him where it was, if he would agree.

Ilanah R. Thanatos
Senator of Chandrila

TreslarDate: Tuesday, 26 Mar 2013, 9:56 PM | Message # 24
Sergeant
Awards: 1
Presumably, the Starks had left—Ana in labor, or believing herself to be. And Alyn did have that business opportunity with Tssk that he could see to, and catch up with Thanatos and Tu'rot later on. With the Botor-Dawferim war raging for more than 500 years, it certainly wasn't going anywhere, and Thanatos and Tu'rot were perfectly capable of beginning the mission without him. So the Senators presumably departed the Viridian Sky in Ilanah's ship, parting ways with the Starks and proceeding to the Botor Enclave. Or so they thought.

It was a long trip, and sooner or later Thanatos and Tu'rot would adjourn for the evening and get some sleep. (One imagined the two of them didn't have much to talk about either, but this was beside the point). They would be rudely awakened when Ilanah's ship shuddered violently. An experienced spacefarer would recognize from the shuddering motion and the sound of the engines straining that the ship was caught in a tractor beam. Once they had recovered from their initial confusion, Thanatos and Tu'rot would see out their viewports a Marauder-class corvette to starboard, its turbolasers pointing directly at them. Another, smaller ship—a Katarn-class boarding shuttle—could be seen maintaining a safe distance away.

One of the turbolasers discharged a single shot, sending a green laser blast into the diplomatic ship's shields and throwing a jolt into the floor beneath Thanatos and Tu'rot. A warning shot, it seemed. "This is the Ruusan Reformation League cruiser Friend of Drackmar," said a stern, heavily-accented voice from the Marauder, "You are carrying arms dealers on a gun running mission to the Botor Enclave. Lower your shields and surrender peacefully and no one will be hurt."

What Ilanah's pilot would do was, of course, up to her and Tu'rot. But there wouldn't appear to be many options; a Marauder-class corvette had more firepower than Ilanah's ship could match, and with its communications jammed it couldn't call for help, either. How had this happened? Most likely, Ilanah's ship had dropped out of hyperspace to make a planned course correction and the Friend of Drackmar had been waiting for it. But that didn't explain how this Ruusan Reformation League—whatever it was—knew where they would be and when. Time would tell, assuming the Senators survived this encounter.

Treslar
Captain of the MC-30c frigate Tarsus Valorum
Ruusan Reformation League
Former Captain of the Guard, City of Mon Ubris

Message edited by Treslar - Tuesday, 26 Mar 2013, 9:58 PM

Draken_TurotDate: Thursday, 28 Mar 2013, 1:16 PM | Message # 25
Major general
Tu'Rot never slept!

... Well actually, he did... a lot actually, more times when he was bored. In the guest room sleeping, his personal security (5 men) were 'patroling' the area in which he slept in. One man was in the cockpit of Ilanah's ship chatting with the individuals that piloted the vessels. However, when the message came around, it took interest. Nodding some, he turned to the pilot. "Try and get us out of here!" He would run out and head towards Tu'Rot's room. Taking a few moments, he'd alert the others to gear up and prep for war. Approaching the room, the man would bang and kick on the door. "SIR! SIR! WAKE UP!" From the other side of the door, the Governor was sleeping, cuddling with a pillow. He wore a robe with a bed hat as he was wrapped in the blanket. He was dreaming of individually yanking out the teeth of Jedi, and for the races that didn't have teeth, he would result to pulling out finger and toe nails from them. Yet, his dream was interrupted and grumbly walked towards the door and opened it. Rubbing his eyes, he looked at his man. "WHAT IS IT?!!!!" He shouted back, taking the man back by surprise. Shaking some, he looked at him. "Sir, we are under attack! We just received word that some terrorists plan on killing you and having their way with Ilanah!" Eyes widen, Tu'Rot threw off his bedrobe and hat revealing his original attire underneath and nodded. "We must get to her!!!" He would say with a dramatic finger pointing up in the air at a degree.

Running past the man, he would proceed towards Ilanah's room, and both of the men would bang loudly on the door. Tu'Rot would shout. "Ilanah!!!! Wake up!!!! There are some terrorists planning on killing you and having their way with me!!! And is there a medic on board?!!!!" His security would look at Tu'Rot like he had four heads.

Ilanah_ThanatosDate: Thursday, 28 Mar 2013, 5:33 PM | Message # 26
Colonel general
Ilanah was most certainly already awake, had been since the first shot was taken at her ship. She had dressed rather quickly and was just about to leave her stateroom when there was banging at her door.  "Governor, do calm yourself. Though if anyone was going to have their way with anyone on this ship, I am quite certain it would be you that they chose." She flashed him a small smile, teasing him gently. It's was, after all, the second time that this ship had been attacked, so she was relatively calm.  "Riley is a certified medic, as well as being my body guard. Try not to worry." She gave him another calm smile and headed up to the cockpit. 

"Replay that message for me, Riley?" She asked upon arrival. He had been piloting, as that was what he did (aside from keeping her safe), because she and Kal both trusted the man. As the Senator listened, she frowned some. Her ship was barely armed, and barely large enough for her, Riley, Tu'Rot and his entourage let alone arms dealers and weapons. "Open a line to them, Riley. We can't outrun that and it may look bad if we tried."

"I can't, Senator.  Communications are down." Riley responded to her, to which Ilanah emitted a sigh.

"Governor Tu'Rot, I think it may be best just to let them see we are not what they are accusing us to be.  Running might not end well....what do you think?"

Ilanah R. Thanatos
Senator of Chandrila

TreslarDate: Friday, 29 Mar 2013, 10:16 AM | Message # 27
Sergeant
Awards: 1
Another warning shot would splash against the shields as the Senators decided what to do, enveloping the ship in blinding, white light as the shields strained momentarily under the impact.

Treslar
Captain of the MC-30c frigate Tarsus Valorum
Ruusan Reformation League
Former Captain of the Guard, City of Mon Ubris

Draken_TurotDate: Friday, 29 Mar 2013, 4:36 PM | Message # 28
Major general
As the turbolaser hit the un-armed vessel, Tu'Rot could not help but jump. "They are attacking!!!" He'd shout at the top of his lungs. His arms would lunge at Ilanah and violently shake her while yelling in her face. "Talk to them!!! There are no arms dealers here!!! STOP THEM!!!" He would be held back by 2 members of his security team, with the lead one slapping him in the face. Tu'Rot would glance at the man and sigh. "Thank you!" He'd then brand a blaster pistol and unload into the man. The other 2 members of the security team would release Tu'Rot and act nervous. "No one EVER touches me like that!!! EVER!!!" He'd drop the pistol into the man's hands and glance at everyone. "It was suicide!!!" His glance would be directed at Ilanah. "Now then... do something before they violate me!!!! Don't you read the reports... terrorists are homosexuals!!!!!!" He'd scream again at the top of his lungs.

Ilanah_ThanatosDate: Friday, 29 Mar 2013, 6:15 PM | Message # 29
Colonel general
Ilanah sighed as the Governor, a military man (so she thought) started to have an absolute meltdown.  The second he grabbed her, Riley was on his feet with his hand on the blaster at his hip. The weapon was set on stun for the moment.  "Governor, please! Calm down!" She responded. Once he let go of her and shot his guard, however, she moved back. Riley, being concerned for Ilanah's safely took aim and fired, just to stun the Acherin.  

"Riley, lower the shields and let me talk to them." She was concerned for Tu'Rot, of course, but more concerned with making sure they got out alive...and we're not blown up.

Ilanah R. Thanatos
Senator of Chandrila

Avadrie_volFyrDate: Saturday, 06 Apr 2013, 4:26 AM | Message # 30
Major general
Perhaps somewhat randomly, but after all the uneasiness and near civil war that had erupted in the Empress Teta sector over the last few months - it had been decided, largely at the behest of Senator volFyr, that the Tetan anti-piracy fleet would go on far ranging patrols. 

It was truly designed to keep the oft plotting Prince Raphael from plotting, but on this day perhaps it would serve some greater perhaps (if only by happen-chance.)

A single retrofitted Consular Class cruiser bearing Tetan colors and the transponder signal "Keres" was in proverbial earshot when the ship's first mate noted an energy discharge several clicks away on the routine long range scanners. 

"Sir!" Ensign Flounder called out for the commanding officer of the ship, "Look at this!" As the Captain looked over the younger man's shoulder and nodded knowingly,

"Well, it could be anything." He glanced at his chrono. These damn patrols were such a waste of time, if that Senator hadn't gotten involved, Admiral Damar would have them all doing something productive, like making Empress Teta the center of the galaxy again..but instead...

"Change our bearing. Lets go see what it is." As the young Ensign input the commands to bring the ship around and increased their subspace speed to start the approach.

Lady Avadrie volFyr
Senator of Empress Teta
Defense Committee Member

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » Into a Warzone (Set after the events of Carida)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz