MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Monday
9:36 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » Into a Warzone (Set after the events of Carida)
Into a Warzone
Alyn_StarkDate: Friday, 22 Feb 2013, 11:39 AM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Users
Awards: 2
Stark was a prepared man. The Botor-Dawferim conflict was a smoldering, nearly burnt-out mess from everything the galaxy made it out to be. Nonetheless, it would have to be extinguished one way or another. As such, Stark awaited the arrival of Senators Thanatos and Tu'Rot as he sat in his cabin on the Viridian Sky above Lorrd. When both senators had arrived, the journey would begin to try and halt the fighting. Of course, Stark's method to halt the warfare might not be in line with the traditional manner, but he felt that with all things considered, bringing at least some semblance of an end to the conflict would be preferable to no conflict at all.

Alyn Stark
Lord of Kinyov
Senior Captain, Retired, Republic Navy
Head of House Malos (former)
Licensed bounty hunter
Majority shareholder, Lorrd Engineering
Owner, Stark Defense Conglomerate
Civilian Medal of Honor recipient
Representative, Lorrd (10 BBY-9 BBY)

Ilanah_ThanatosDate: Saturday, 23 Feb 2013, 4:59 PM | Message # 2
Colonel general
Awards: 3
"Really, Riley Mason, I swear sometimes you are almost too paranoid, even for me.  And I understand perfectly that you are worried about Kal being angry at you for letting me go, but he also knows that I am an adult and I make my own choices.  And he will respect that."  That was her final word, and her bulky guard knew exactly when to back down.  He worried, understandably, as the senator was still having trouble remembering some things.  She was obviously less than concerned, and had made the decision to accompany Alyn Stark (a man whom she barely recalled, but was told by her aide she was friends, of sorts, with) on this trip. 

Ilanah hadn't made the decision lightly.  With Kal off working, and her refusal to trust anyone with Caden, she had to bring him along.  Hopefully though, Mrs. Stark would be along and could take the child when she had to work, etc.  Although the more she thought about it, the more she was bothered by the fact that Alyn would take his pregnant wife into a war zone.  Perhaps they would just stay on the ship?  She really had no idea the situation.

The other thought she had was that maybe, just maybe, this shouldn't be a situation that a civilian (arms dealer or not) and two senators should be into.  Ultimately, she was trusting that Alyn knew what he was doing and if it came right down to it, there might actually be something she could do to help. 

"Just relax, Riley."  Ilanah said as she shifted Caden on her hip.  "We're already here...and about to meet Mr. Stark.  If you aren't comfortable, then go home, and I am sure that there are enough people here to make sure I make it home safe and sound."  He frowned and she shot him a glance right back before she picked up her own bag and walked through the landing bay of the Viridian Sky.

Ilanah R. Thanatos
Senator of Chandrila

Draken_TurotDate: Sunday, 24 Feb 2013, 2:12 PM | Message # 3
Major general
Awards: 0
[Set after Christophsis]

Governor Tu'Rot's Theta-class shuttle would emerge from hyperspace. He had been prepped for his travels with the good Alyn Stark. "Stark is something else..." Xane would mention as Draken sat in his back room... alone. "He isn't so bad. His company does help us a lot." Xane shook his head. "You're relying on him for the production of military production... hope you know what you're doing..." Suddenly there was a knock on the door. "Sir, we are approaching Lorrd." One of his security team members stated. Standing up, Tu'Rot smiled. "Outstanding!!!" His voice boomed as he again rushed to the cockpit. "Contact Lorrd, let them know we are here to see Alyn Stark!" One of the pilots nodded as the request was sent.

Alyn_StarkDate: Sunday, 24 Feb 2013, 2:17 PM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Ilanah had already cleared the landing and security sweep that allowed her to enter the Sky, but Tu'Rot was the late arrival today. Lorrd Control redirected him kindly towards the Viridian Sky, where the pilot would clear him to land his shuttle upon the ship. The yacht, as it was, did not so much have a 'landing bay' in the traditional sense as it did docking clamps for smaller craft and airlock entry. The only 'real' bay on the ship was hidden at the moment and held the ship's compliment off drone defense starfighters; a good portion of what made the war-yacht into the fearsome craft that it was.

Stark was present at the airlock's entrance into his ship as Ilanah and her bodyguard came aboard. "Welcome, Senator Thanatos! I certainly hope you had a pleasant journey here." He greeted her with a smile, even as the ship's intercom system notified him that Senator Tu'Rot was en route.

Alyn Stark
Lord of Kinyov
Licensed bounty hunter

Ilanah_ThanatosDate: Sunday, 24 Feb 2013, 2:34 PM | Message # 5
Colonel general
Riley was, of course, looking stern with his arms crossed as she Senator just walked away from him.  Last time she had done that, she had gotten hurt, and he had gotten chewed apart by Mr. Thanatos.  He caught up easily and took her bag, murmuring his apologies before he silenced when Stark was in view and started speaking.  From there on out, he was silent as the grave.

"Mostly pleasant, Mr. Stark.  Riley here was having a bit of an issue with it, but I assured him that you wouldn't be dragging both me or your wife into something without some sort of security plan in place.  Either way, it might set his mind at ease if he were able to know of such plans.  Otherwise, the poor fellow may mope the entire time we are here."  She said pleasantly. 

"I take it Senator Tu'Rot is not here yet?"  She questioned, knowing that if he had been there, there would be yelling and Caden would be crying and it would have been all around unpleasant for a few moments while she settled the child down.  He was unused to such noise and it would likely startle him.

Ilanah R. Thanatos
Senator of Chandrila

Draken_TurotDate: Sunday, 24 Feb 2013, 2:43 PM | Message # 6
Major general
As the shuttle was re-directed towards the yacht, Governor Tu'Rot was preparing himself. The shuttle would bring itself towards the docking bay and dock with the yacht. As the ramp was lowered, the Governor would walk down by himself with a big smile on his face and a data-pad in his hand. "ALYN!!!" he would scream with joy as he would power walk over to the man and forcefully shake his hand... violently. "Great to see you!!! I've brought you some Acherini Ale and a data-pad on the medical Nebulon-B Frigate Acherin plans on using for GalacticAid!!!" The data-pad would find itself rushed into Stark's hand as he adjusted his sights on Senator Thanatos. "Ilanah!!!" He'd proclaime loudly, walking over to her and patting her on the shoulder... a little rough. "Still looking lovely as ever!!! Have you put on weight?!" He'd question, looking down at the baby. "And who is this strapping future Imperial Stormtrooper?!!!"

Alyn_StarkDate: Sunday, 24 Feb 2013, 2:53 PM | Message # 7
Generalissimo
"I can promise both yourself and Riley that extreme cautions are being taken for the security of all on board this vessel and all the finest products I have to offer are being placed to afford us the greatest safety, from the best drones Vigilance Technology makes to the very security staff on this vessel down to my Shadowguard; I assure you, we will all be quite safe." Stark's pitch was mainly designed to ease Riley's mind, as well as reinforce Ilanah's belief that they were quite safe. While there was always the 'X' factor, Stark was more than confident that the particular crew on board for this operation would suffice.

Before Stark could speak further, Tu'Rot did indeed arrive, and both Ilanah and Stark were assaulted by the overly loud voice of the Acherin senator, who of course, was always welcome in Stark's household. "Why thank you, Senator," Stark responded politely. "The ale will make a nice addition in the wine rack, but as for the frigate, I'm afraid you'll have to confer with my lovely wife. Certain events caused a change in seating within GalacticAid and she, not I, am the chairperson now, though I have no doubt she will welcome this vessel given from your gracious nature. Shall we move to the bridge for now?"

Alyn Stark
Lord of Kinyov
Licensed bounty hunter

Ilanah_ThanatosDate: Sunday, 24 Feb 2013, 3:02 PM | Message # 8
Colonel general
As if on que, when Tu'Rot yelled, Caden wailed.  Ilanah visibly winced.  While she liked the Acherin senator, his excitable nature tended to  be too much for her.  She was able to quiet him down quickly enough though and she smiled to the Senator.  "Senator Tu'Rot, so...nice...to see you again.  This is Caden, of course."  She ignored the remark about her gaining weight, which was not at all the case.  In fact, if anything, she had lost it since having Caden and looked herself again. 

"That is a very kind donation, Senator.  I would be interested in seeing the plans for it, if you wouldn't mind showing me as well.  I am afraid that we are having to start looking into upgrading the ships used for the mobile pediatric medical centers."  She said, tossing a glance back to Riley, who still looked slightly irritated.

Ilanah R. Thanatos
Senator of Chandrila

Draken_TurotDate: Sunday, 24 Feb 2013, 3:07 PM | Message # 9
Major general
Draken let out a hardy laugh. "Caden!!! A fine strong name!!! He'll kill many enemies of the Empire!!!" His hand would reach in to slightly pinch the cheeks of the young boy. He'd make a motion towards the shuttle and 4 men in suits would exit in a box formation. Turning his glance back to Alyn, he smiled. "I've decided to volunteer 4 members of my security team for this mission!!! Tell them where to go and they'll report!!! They even brought their own equipment." Guns, ammo, vests, etc. All stowed away in the Theta. Nodding some, Tu'Rot looked. "And how is your beautiful wife?!!! Many children on the way for the Stark family with a wife like that!!!" Another laugh would follow, followed by a shove on the man's shoulder. "Do lead the way, Alyn!"

Alyn_StarkDate: Sunday, 24 Feb 2013, 3:18 PM | Message # 10
Generalissimo
Leading them through the ship, likely followed by Riley and the quartet of Tu'Rot's security force, Stark would point out the way to the bridge. On the way, the pair might take note not only of the Castle Stark guard troops on board in their distinctive bladed armor, but a goodly number of armed personnel wearing the SDCSC insignia upon their black uniforms, not to mention a large number of sealed crates all being carried towards the stern of the ship, wherein sat the storage area.

"Well at least we'll not lack for safety and security," Stark commented as they walked. "Ana will be joining us on this venture, along with my unborn son. As such, I can assure you that we will be neither looking for nor engaging in any combat. I don't intend to go there to fight a war for either side, after all. No, my friends, we are there to show them a more enlightened path, if they'll agree to see it and providing we can find the means to do so." Of course, Stark's version of a 'more enlightened path' was likely quite different from the path most would choose; then again, Stark was an arms dealer first and a philanthropist second. In his eyes, it was no faux paus to sell medical supplies and weapons out of the same box, so to speak.

Alyn Stark
Lord of Kinyov
Licensed bounty hunter

Ilanah_ThanatosDate: Sunday, 24 Feb 2013, 3:33 PM | Message # 11
Colonel general
Ilanah glanced at Tu'Rot, then down at Caden after the Senator walked away.  The baby surely wouldn't understand the sympathetic look she was giving him.  None the less, she kissed her son on the forehead and followed along beside Stark. 

"Surely the 'enlightened path' that you speak of does not involve selling weapons, Mr. Stark?"  She didn't know, but she assumed that being the arms dealer that she had read about, Stark was not as interested in the peacekeeping portion of this trip as he said he had been.  "No offense, just curious is all." 

That being said, she quickly changed the subject.  "Oh good...I am glad Ana will be along.  I couldn't make it to her baby shower on Naboo, but I brought something for her, and you.  It's on the ship.  Riley?"  He grunted slightly and jogged back to find the parcels and would then deposit them and her luggage wherever her room was assigned and make himself scarce...checking security, is what he called it.

Ilanah R. Thanatos
Senator of Chandrila

Ana_StarkDate: Sunday, 24 Feb 2013, 3:51 PM | Message # 12
Major general
Ana was joining them, in fact, she was already on the bridge with Irlilia.  Out of all of the Shadowguard, Irlilia and Tarin were her favorites, and when she absolutely had to have one at her side, it would be one of the two.  Gadrid wasn't so bad, in truth, but she enjoyed making him uncomfortable more than anything else.  She had, of course, been told that their guests had arrived and that they were on their way to the bridge, so she stayed put. 

When Ana noticed that people had arrived, however, she smiled and spoke.  "Ilanah, Senator Tu'Rot, so nice to see you both again."  Her gaze trailed to Alyn for a moment before she stepped closer.  "And Caden too...he's getting so big."  She gushed.  "Should I go and let you to business?"  It was still new enough to her that she sometimes forgot that she was actually there to help, with Galactic Aid, that is.

Message edited by Ana_Stark - Sunday, 24 Feb 2013, 7:59 PM

Draken_TurotDate: Monday, 25 Feb 2013, 2:18 PM | Message # 13
Major general
"Ana Stark!!!" Tu'Rot yelled, walking up to her and crushing her hand in a handshake. He took into account that she was pregnant, but not like it matterd with her hand. "I'm glad that a wedding dress isn't the only thing that makes you more lovely!!!" A pat on the back would follow. Listening to Stark, he agreed completely. "I concur!!! Members of the Empire should be tasked daily to ensure that planets are enlightened to the views of the Mighty Empire!!!!" Nodding some, his data-pad would find its way into Ana Stark's hands. "Your husband wanted me to give this to you!!! This is the vessel in which Acherin will employ for GalacticAid. A Nebulon-B medical frigate!!! I was told it needed the new boss stamp of approval!" He laughted.

Alyn_StarkDate: Tuesday, 26 Feb 2013, 5:40 PM | Message # 14
Generalissimo
Stopping two SDCSC personnel who were about to pass them by, Stark opened the crate they were carrying. "As you can see, Senator Thanatos, these crates contain medical equipment." Closing the lid and continuing on, as they came to the bridge, Stark ushered his guests upon the spacious area first, then stepped around them to kiss his wife. "My love, good to see you here already. Senator Tu'Rot has something for you... well, for GalacticAid, that is. And now, of course, since we are all here, we can get underway, which will give us plenty of time to speak."

Giving the navigator the go-ahead, the war-yacht maneuvered out of Lorrd's gravity well and then, jumped to hyperspace.

Alyn Stark
Lord of Kinyov
Licensed bounty hunter

Ilanah_ThanatosDate: Tuesday, 26 Feb 2013, 7:45 PM | Message # 15
Colonel general
Ilanah shook her head briefly and let out a low sigh. "You must forgive me, Mr. Stark. I am afraid the assumptions of the Senate wear on a person after a while."  She said , leaving it at that. 

Once on the bridge, Lana stayed opposite of Senator Tu'Rot and greeted Ana kindly in return. She didn't show her unease at all and would just quietly listen to the goings on until she felt that she had something constructive or useful to interject.

Ilanah R. Thanatos
Senator of Chandrila

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » Into a Warzone (Set after the events of Carida)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz