MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Friday
9:12 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » Post a Request » Request
Request
Cul-utaanForteDate: Tuesday, 05 Oct 2010, 1:05 AM | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Users
Awards: 0
A Clone Wars refit Lucrehulk-class Battleship, with Droid Control Ship additions and the Core Ship having undergoneBattlesphere modifications, holding a full complement.

A Recusant-class Light Destroyer with full complement

Two DP20 Frigates

Control of a planet in the Rishi Maze, called Terminus (With an Unlimited Projection style base that has been permanently grounded and fortified, I can request this seperately if need be), and an outpost on Rishi (containing a simple Mobile Command Center and some outlying facilities and supply depots). Appropriate surface defenses and assets.

A group of militant Twi'leks known as Forte's Legion to fill any gaps in sentient personnel needed.

General Cul'utaan'forte
Forte's Legion

Message edited by Cul-utaanForte - Tuesday, 05 Oct 2010, 1:15 AM

Jace_VaritekDate: Wednesday, 06 Oct 2010, 8:38 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
After I'd finished going through various states of horror, disbelief, and disappointment upon seeing another request for a Lucrehulk-class ship, I resigned myself to be willing to approve of it—if it's your only ship. I've mentioned elsewhere (and surely you agree, since you of all people have seen the problems that these ships pose in the RP) that I'd prefer to limit Lucrehulks this time around. But yes, if it's your only ship, then I will approve. Or, if you choose not to do the Lucrehulk, your one Recusant and two DP20 frigates seem like a perfectly reasonable fleet unto themselves that I'd be willing to approve (again, I must emphasize, sans Lucrehulk).

The rest of the request seems good. I vote to APPROVE the planet in the Rishi Maze, particularly if it has a history similar to the one we discussed in Messenger, as well as the outpost on Rishi and the contingent of Twi'leks. Please do get back to me on the ships, though. Just to clarify, in case I was confusing above; what I had in mind was one of two choices.

▪ 1 Lucrehulk-class battleship (we'll need to discuss the fighter complement also)
▪ 1 Unlimited projection base on the planet you call "Terminus." Also; an outpost on Rishi.

-or-

▪ 1 Recusant-class destroyer
▪ 2 DP-20 frigates
▪ 1 Unlimited projection base on "Terminus." Also; an outpost on Rishi.

One other thing that would need to be addressed in either case is the output of the unlimited projection base, since it's also said to act as a factory. If you could touch on these in your reply, I'd be grateful.

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

Cul-utaanForteDate: Wednesday, 06 Oct 2010, 10:03 PM | Message # 3
Colonel
Alright, cool beans. As a factory, I'd use it primarily to replace lost droid units as well as maintain them, maybe occasional upgrades. The only extensive use I could see of it is offering the same services to others for a small fee in return (or in some cases, repairs to the Lucrehulk or other beneficial services). As for the complement, I was thinking...

12 Belbullab-22 Starfighters (Piloted by Twi'leks)
60 Nantex-class Territorial Defense Starfighters (Piloted by OOM Pilot Battle Droids)
266 Droid Bombers
400 Droid Tri-fighters
600 Vulture-class Droid Starfighters

10 Tri-wing Shuttles
20 Armed Sheathipede-class Transport Shuttles
10 Droch-class Boarding Ships
10 modified Vehicle Armored Carriers (equiped with two quad laser cannon turrets)
40 C-9979 Landing Craft

200 MAFs
300 HMPs
1,000 Troop Carriers
50 MUTs
500 MTTs
1,000 Heavy Artillery Guns
1,250 modified Ground Armored Tanks (equiped with heavier armor and weaponry)
3,000 AATs
1,000 DSD1 Dwarf Spider Droids
1,500 OG-9 Homing Spider Droids
1,500 IG-227 Hailfire-class Droid Tanks
2,000 NR-N99 Persuader-class Droid Enforcers
2,000 STAPs
29,600 Droidekas
200,000 B2 Battle Droids
100,000 B1 Battle Droids

The droids would have been upgraded with better combat programming as well as the addition of tactical protocols. Essentially, this programming upgrade is from lessons learned during the Clone Wars, to make them more combat effective, efficient, you know...actual battle droids. Part of the modifications to the Lucrehulk would be re-work the interior for the storage of a "unconventional" Lucrehulk complement, which ends up sacrificing most of the passenger space. I think this is an appropriate complement, as my surface forces will be drawn from these numbers, with the exception of the Twi'leks of course.

General Cul'utaan'forte
Forte's Legion

Jace_VaritekDate: Wednesday, 06 Oct 2010, 11:25 PM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Please recall Rule 2.2, with respect to listing ground troops. Also, I don't mean to be rude, but surely, surely you must know that this many fighters aren't going to be approved, after a missive I made just days ago about the obscenely large fighter complements on prequel ships and the need to reduce them, and when Druckenwell has a total of 72 fighters and Sthena, another Separatist, has 100 (plus some, but not many, more fighters on his Recusant that need to be determined). I understand you're basing this on the ordinary complement of a Lucrehulk, and I can only say, again, that you of all people have personally seen the sheer hell that RP becomes when this many fighters are introduced into a fleet battle. Even if, as I suspect you'll say, you intend to use them more wisely, it's just not a precedent I want to set.

But that's just the fighters. Honestly, when will you ever need 20 Sheathipede-class transports? Or 40 C-9979 landers? If it's all the same (and for all intents and purposes, I believe it is), I'm not going to list the landers and transports in the revised complement below—let's just assume they exist and, like ground troops in Rule 2.2, figure out specific numbers for them as needed on a specific occasion. This way, poor Jace isn't exhausted reading through numbers. I guess what I'm going for here is, please don't request things that aren't going to be approved (that many fighters, obviously), and don't request things that don't need to be approved (the landers, ground troops, tanks, etc.).

That said, I am willing to APPROVE:

12 Belbullab-22 starfighters (piloted by Twi'leks)
18 Droid Bombers
36 Droid Starfighters
36 Tri Fighters
(plus an additional, unspecified number of C-9979 landing ships, assorted transports, and unmodified Vehicle Armored Carriers)

This gives you roughly the complement of an Imperial Star Destroyer, and more fighters than Druckenwell, an industrial planet of billions population.

I vote specifically to DENY:

60 Geonosian Fighters
10 Droch-class Boarding Ships

Jace Varitek

—John Maynard Keynes

Cul-utaanForteDate: Wednesday, 06 Oct 2010, 11:55 PM | Message # 5
Colonel
No problem. I was really more just wishing to post that, to give you a general idea of the make up, and have you decide upon something you're comfortable with. I was just using you, is that so bad? I wished that line worked on some of the girls I've been with.... ZING!!! I'm just kidding... I don't use girls. I'm not THAT much of a tool. I was using you though, Jace.

Added (07 Oct 2010, 0:55 Am)
---------------------------------------------
And I just realized how bad that last part sounds...

General Cul'utaan'forte
Forte's Legion

Jace_VaritekDate: Thursday, 07 Oct 2010, 10:09 AM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
It did occur to me this might be some new game, like "Let's-Request-Way-More-Than-Jace-Will-Ever-Approve-Then-Haggle-Him-Down-To-Something-That's-Still-Higher-Than-He'd-Ordinarily-Approve-Becau se-He's-A-Nice-Guy-Who-Always-Compromises-On-Requests-Or-In-Other-Words-He's-A-Sucker." But if so, you LOSE! Good DAY, Sir!

Jace Varitek

—John Maynard Keynes

Jace_VaritekDate: Thursday, 07 Oct 2010, 10:14 AM | Message # 7
Generalissimo
But also, having the smaller fighter numbers isn't all that bad for you because, with that unlimited projection base, it's pretty much like a 102 oz. slurpee that you can constantly refill—and 7/11 is open all the time, so you can literally never run out.

Jace Varitek

—John Maynard Keynes

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » Post a Request » Request
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz