MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Friday
7:29 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » Post a Request » Planet/Senator/Ships request
Planet/Senator/Ships request
Trask_LargeroDate: Friday, 08 Oct 2010, 4:14 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
sorry its so long but i figured Id roll it all up into one lovely package and let you cast an up or down Vote.
This is for an original(custom) planet. It will be considered open for rp and what not or for back stories like I plan to use it with Trask in his back story. I will be playing the senator as a newly elected following the death of their previous one. Nomination process is in here as well so it can be shown how its done.

The back story I have is that the Senator will have been a militia leader during the Clone wars when the planet was attacked by the seperatists and that was how they got known enough to receive the nomination.

Name: Volus
Size: Circumference: 41,000 km
Gravity: 1.1 Earth
Atmosphere- approx: 68% Nitrogen, 22% Oxygen, and less than 1% of all other gases
Terrain/Climate: Earth-Like temporate
Location: Just inside of the expansion region along the Hydian Way close to the Inner Rim
Rotational Period: 25 hours
Revolutionary Period: 378 Days
Natural Satillites: 1 Ve'erna (pronounced v air nuh)

Population: 14 Billion
Capitol City: Panem
Governmental Type: Constitutional Monarchy/Representative Democracy

Governmental Structure-

King/Queen - Hereditary position, acts as the executive and can initiate legisilative bills for approval by the legislative branch. Acts as the Commander and Chief of the Armed forces able to command them however for a declaration of War they need the Prefecture's approval.

Prefecture- Legislative branch. Most of the power rests here. They are elected officials from all of the cities which represent the people of smaller districts. There are 1000 total and are elected by party based on percentage of the votes recieved. If a party recieves 33.0% of the vote then they will have 330 votes in the legislature. They are elected for terms of 4 years at a time, with the voters being allowed to recall their Prefect at any time if they can gain a majority vote in favor of recall in the district of the Prefect.

Powers: Raise/Lower Taxes, pass laws/bills/measures, approve appointments to office(such as the Senator to the Galactic Empire), Impeach and try elected officials, Remove a monarch from their position giving it to the next in line( to move it any further it requires multiple votes), Control funding(the monarch proposes a yearly budget including some discresionary spending for him, which usually the Prefecture approves so the monarch can spend without approval of the Prefecture), Declaration of War.

Council of Governors- Elected position. Governors are the heads of each of the major cities, 9 in all and are placed on this council for being awarded. This council acts as advisors to both the Prefecture and the King/Queen. They have one official power though. With a 2/3s vote they can override ANY act of either the King/Queen and Prefecture but if this is ever used they must immediately resign their position afterwards. The override is final and can only be rescended by the Council's successors or a unanimous vote by the Prefecture.

House of Nobles: The Court system of the planet is seperate from the other structures. As they are charged with all the judicial duties and responsibilities. They are also given the power to overturn any laws or acts of the Prefecture and ruler that are deemed to be in violation of the interpretation of the constitution. Those on the High court are nominated by the King and approved by the Prefecture while the Council of Governors are allowed to nominate the lower level justices.

Military(local militia):
The military is often used in place of a policing/paramilitary force. The vast majority of the forces are reserve meaning they are only ever called when needed.

Ground:
500,000 Active duty ground forces(GIs, and officers), deployed around the planet in bases, tend to act more as police than anything else.
3,000,000 Reserve forces kept in reserve usually for natural disasters.
30,000 Pilots, mechanics, vehicle operators
20,000 Medics
5,000 Special Forces

12,500 ground based vehicles- see below
6,000 MMP (Mobile Medical Platform[Custom unit see bottom])(only 4,000 in Military use more in civilian sectors)
2,500 V-19 landspeeders
2,000 MPC (Mobile Personnel Carrier[Custom Unit See bottom])
1,000 Seraph Class Urban Landspeeders modified for an extra passenger and rear blaster cannon.
500 MAT-29 Razorbacks (Custom Unit See bottom)

Plus whatever the Empire wishes to garrison on planet.

Space:
2 XQ5 Space stations in the system.

1 Avenger class battleship (custom unit see bottom)
2 CR90s (kept for use by dignataries and one is given to the senator to use for their travels, so its usually not in system. The other is usually kept by the royal family for their usage or what not when they need to travel to different systems)
3 Squadrons of Z95 Headhunters
1 Squadron of V-wings

plus whatever the empire decides to have on patrol at the time if anything

System information:
Other planets 3
1 of which is a gas giant which produces Tibanna gas for local use(mainly just a source of revenue)
Asteroid Belt: Yes

History:

Volus was discovered along with the Hydian Way. It was an early stopping point along the hyperspace route mainly because it was a peaceful planet and relatively close to the inner core. From its early days, Volus was a primarily human planet with other races making up a minority on the world.

In the early days Volus was mostly a grouping of city states which were only loosely affiliated with one another at the best of times, at the worst they attacked each other but no one city was strong enough to take over the others. This however was brought to an end when the Sith Empire emerged from the unknown regions and began their quest to conquer the galaxy. Volus itself was captured by the sith on their way into the core and Coruscant.

This was a defining moment in Volus history because they various groups that had been so divided before decided to band together and try to push the invaders off of their world. They formed a single organized resistence and with the help of a couple Jedi and the Old republic were able to push the sith off of the planet shortly before the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant. With its soveriegnty intact once again the Volusians decided to never allow themselves to be so easily conquered again and then formed the government which brought the planet together after years of infighting. One of the high leaders of the resisitence was chosen to take the crown of the new constitutional monarchy that was going to be established. This was overseen by a couple members of the Jedi council and select representatives of the Republic who then put forward that the planet, finally be admitted into the Republic as a full member.

Volus would take part in a majority of the wars the republic fought from that point on providing people and materials to the republic's war effort. While the discovery of a gas giant hidden within the asteroid belt would prove a great asset because of the large supplies of Tibanna gas. It was this and a policy of saving the influx of money into the government that lead to Volusians having a large amount of wealth and prestige for a relatively small planet system.

It was this wealth, and strategic location along the hydian way that would eventually bring the Confederacy of Independent Systems to attack the planet during the middle of the clone wars. It was there that the local militia with a few jedi knights made a stand against the Confederacy eventually driving them back and off planet. In space above the planet the Volusians would study some of the remains of a few of the seperatist ships that had been destroyed, taking from them the raw materials and would begin to build a ship to defend their system in case they came back. As the ship neared completion however the Clone wars ended and the Republic had become an Empire. Deciding to remain with it, they also set out to go ahead and complete the new ship to prevent any future attacks. It had been designed to go toe to toe with just about any Seperatists ship and despite the expense they decided it would be more so to just scrap the project and so the Avenger class was born.

Custom Vehicles:

Ground:

MMP-Mobile Medical Platform
Type:
Repulsorlift
Length:
17.4 meters long
Width:
17 meter wingspan
Height/depth:
variable

Maximum altitude:
Low altitude
Armament:
2 composite beam pinpoint laser turrets
Crew
4 (1 pilot,1 co-pilot, 2 medics)
Minimum crew
Passengers
Cargo capacity
variable
Consumables
none
Special:
Medical Equipment and Scanners
Usage Role(s)
Medical Transport / Support

MPC- Mobile Personnel Carrier:
Type: All Terrain wheeled vehicle
Length: 6 Meters
Width: 2.5 Meters
Height: 4 Meters
Armor: Similar to Saber Class Tank
Crew: 2 (Driver, Gunner)
Minimum Crew: 1
Shields: 25 SBD
Armament: Mounted LS-150 Heavy Accelerated Charged Particle Repeater Gun (Heavy ACP Repeater)
Mounted PLX-1
Passengers: 20
Cargo: Multiple ammunition lockers including new belts for the mounted weapons and for smaller blasters the personnel carry
Consumables: 1-2 Days
Special: Added Repulsors designed to slow descent of the ship if dropped from another craft and to provide a way to get the craft up and over boulders
Usage/Roles: Armored Transport/Support

MAT-29 Razorback
Type: All Terrain wheeled vehicle, Scout Transport
Length: 3 Meters
Width: 2 Meters
Height: 2 Meters
Armor: Light
Crew: 3 (Driver, passenger, gunner)
Minimum Crew: 1
Shields: 10 SBD
Armament: Mounted LS-150 Heavy Accelerated Charged Particle Repeater Gun (Heavy ACP Repeater) or Mounted PLX-1. Plus the weapon of the person in the passenger seat.
Cargo: None normally carried, trailor attachment may bring extra supplies
Consumables: 1-2 days
Special: Added Repulsors designed to slow descent of the ship if dropped from another craft and to provide a way to get the craft up and over boulders, ability to pull trailer with extra supplies. The passenger side is doorless and the gunner's seat is mounted in the back. Built for speed and will match a most light speeders, but carries only light armor and only the driver has a door or really any true protection.
Usage/Roles: Support Vehicle/Scout transport

Space:
Avenger Class Battleship:
Length: 1650 Meters
Maximum Acceleration: 2,400 g
MGLT: 60 MGLT
Engines: 6 Creveld-4 Radial Ion Drives
Hyperdrive Rating: 2.5
Backup: 14
Main Reactor: Hypermatter Annihilator
Shielding: Roughly Equivilent to that of a Victory I class Star Destroyer
Hull: Equivilent to that of a Venator class Star Destroyer
Navigation: Equipped Navicomputer

Armament:
6- 180 degree forward arcing mounted guns, 16 inch barrel diameter. Have to be manually reloaded after each shot. In two groups of three guns. Built to tear into shields and hulls of capitol ships. Powerful blast-slow reload.
3- Rear mounted 180 degree mounted guns. one group

8- DBY-826 heavy dual turbolaser Turrents
2-Medium Dual Turbo laser Cannons
45- point-defense laser cannons
6- Tractor Beam Projectors
6- Heavy Proton Torpedo tubes (16 torpedoes each)

Compliment:
24- Alpha 3 Nimbus-class V-wings
36- TIE fighters
12- TIE Bombers
50-MMPs
50- MAT-29 Razorbacks
30-MPCs
Various Shuttles
Prefabricated Garrison base

Passengers: 2,400 Troops

Cargo Capacity: 15,000 tons
Consumables: 3 years

Roles: Destroyer, Starfighter Carrier, Military Transport, Command Ship, Frigate

Special: 4 Large mechanical doors on each end of the ship revealing a large hanger bay which runs the length of the ship. Like a Venator only since the ship is round they have to take off by flying straight out instead of up and out. Ships are mounted in the sides and stacked up in rows. Doors are slow to open and closea nd leaves internal structure open for attack when opened.

Jace_VaritekDate: Friday, 08 Oct 2010, 7:37 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
Surprise surprise, having already discussed this request with you in Messenger, I'm pretty much okay with it all. For future reference though, we generally require images to go along with custom designs, but I don't mind letting it slide this once. The one thing we didn't talk about, though, are the weapons on the Avenger-class. You mention that they need to be reloaded—so they're projectile weapons? If so, what sort of projectile do they fire? Also, since these are some pretty badass weapons (I'd describe them as "capital ship killers"), I'd be a little more comfortable if you have an even spread of 3 forward mounted guns and 3 rear mounted guns, rather than the 9 total that you have listed. My concern about having 9 of them is that, even with the reload time, they could probably punch through a ship with a wide profile, like a Star Destroyer, dozens of times before it can get in a good shot at you. 6 guns isn't much less than 9, but I feel like it would help even up the score a bit.

The rest of it looks good to me, assuming that the ground troops you're listing are, as I think you mentioned, pretty much only to defend Volus (rather than being used as an offensive, rather than defensive force, which is also okay occasionally as long as you don't use all of those troops offensively). Also, finally (sorry I'm giving you a lot to read here), when we were discussing the request earlier I didn't notice the V-wings and Z-95s you're requesting in addition to the Avenger's complement. My bad. I'm okay with these, assuming, again, that they're for defense purposes, traffic control, etc. I'd still like to see a bit fewer, though; maybe something like 24 Z-95s and no V-Wings, since the Avenger already has a few.

On a personal note, kudos on the well thought-out and reasonable request. I like that your ships have inherent flaws to them, and the detail on those ground units is great. So anyway, let me know what you think of the changes here.

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

Trask_LargeroDate: Saturday, 09 Oct 2010, 9:19 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant
Well I was hoping for 9 mainly because it was closer to the pic I had and because I wanted the greater firepower at the front of the ship.

Yeah they are primarily police and defense force. And since there isn't much of a navy outside of the main ship, which I would like to add a couple things to ill list below, they wouldn't be able to be deployed in force.

Modifications:
Modular design

able to carry up to 20,000 troops at one time, but basically that is where they take out most of the walls in the quarters and put in more bunks to accommodate the added Soldiers. Not a permanent thing but can be done if the need arises. This also allows it to operate as a medical ship in times of dire need when they can make lots of room in the ship to bring have lots of patients.

Jace_VaritekDate: Monday, 11 Oct 2010, 1:04 AM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
The modular design is a nice touch. Still a little apprehensive about the full loadout of 9, though. Having looked at the image you're using for the Avenger, I notice that the number of turrets isn't all that conspicuous. How about a compromise, though; what would you say to having it be 6 for now and seeing how it goes in the RP for a bit, and then assuming all works out fine, it can be modified with another 3 later on? Seems like an easy enough modification to make. My only concern is how 9 turrets will stack up IC, so if it's cool with you, I'd prefer to see it with 6 at least for a while to see how it does. Does that seem okay?

Jace Varitek

—John Maynard Keynes

Trask_LargeroDate: Monday, 11 Oct 2010, 5:05 AM | Message # 5
Lieutenant
Works for me, I have already updated the stats on the site i showed you.

Also I just noticed this and thought I would respond. The weapons are not mass drivers instead they are loaded and fire much like the guns on the providence class. as in a capsule of plasma gas is loaded up into the barrel manually, then the gas is superheated and encapsulated into a bolt which is then fired out. The reason its slow is because they are just smaller than the circumference of the barrel's of the cannons.

Also I'm just going to put this up here for people that may go against it. The guns themselves have inherient blind spots. Explaining it the easiest way wouuld be to put them on a graph of X and Y. Where X is the horizontal rotation of the guns and Y is the vertical angle of the guns. The guns themselves can only go between 0 and 75 degrees on the Y axis, meaning that the lowest it can shoot is at the plane on which it rests and the highest it can aim is 75 degrees elevation, though firing at such elevations would require the guns to be lowered again for reloading.

Next since they only encompass 180 degrees of the X axis. Basically if the guns were facing the bow of the ship they would only be able to rotate up to 90 degrees in either direction. Meaning there are blind spots below the plane of the guns, greater than 75 degrees above the guns and between the guns approaching the command tower since it is more centrally located on the ship than on star destroyers.

That is NOT to say those sides of the ship are unprotected just to say that the big ass guns you want to avoid have blind spots there.

The probably most dangerous position for a ship would be if it were longer than the gap and was trying to broadside the ship. This would allow them to bring both groupings of guns to bare on different parts of the enemy vessel. Also a key strategy they might try against a smaller vessel would to be to employ tractor beams and aim them manually, though the accuracy of the guns leaves a lot to be desired and are generally only meant for larger vessels, it was designed to go toe to toe with some of the larger confederate ships.

OrionKarathDate: Monday, 18 Oct 2010, 10:10 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant general
Awards: 1
APPROVE

Orion Karath
Manager from June 2009 to Present, Administrator from December 2011 to Present
My posts here, pre-2009 archives here

Jace_VaritekDate: Wednesday, 20 Oct 2010, 9:20 PM | Message # 7
Generalissimo
Okay, so the planet is APPROVED, the army is APPROVED, and, if I have this right, the fleet is APPROVED as follows:

■ 1 Avenger-class Battleship (w/complement, see above)
■ 2 CR90 Corellian Corvettes
■ 24 Z-95 Headhunters

Jace Varitek

—John Maynard Keynes

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » Post a Request » Planet/Senator/Ships request
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz