MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Friday
9:12 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » Post a Request » Armor request
Armor request
Trask_LargeroDate: Thursday, 11 Nov 2010, 11:28 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Alright well I thought I would make sure that this was up here before I went with its creation and what not. So here goes.

Requesting a suit of armor, specially made for Trask. I'm hoping it will be roughly equivalent to mandalorian armor minus all of the weapon and targeting systems. It will be a powered suit so Im hoping for a moderate increase in physical power maybe up to 2x the human standard, however the downside to this is that the suit of armor will have a power cell, preferably around the lower back region about the same place as the air supply on a storm trooper is, if this is disabled then the suit loses power causing it to shut down and have to be moved manually which will greatly diminish ability to move and or fight.

The power cell it self would not have a life greater than 20 hours but is recharged an replaced. this also increases danger to Ion blasts and damage. No oxygen supply so for any EVAs it would require an add-on tank of Oxygen plus a mask.

The helmet: A durasteel plate underlaid with armorweave. There is no actual place to view through however there is a HUD which allows for visual interaction and microphone and speakers inside of the helmet which allows for communication via radio. When speaking, except at close range I would like some kind of scrambler to work on the voice which would hinder any voice recognition software.

Breastplate: Standard durasteel plates with armorweave underlay, temperature controlled and regulated.

Limbs:
Same as above with terms of materials being used.

Extra:
Utility belt
special concealed layer on wrist where lightsaber can be kept and not detected.

Jace_VaritekDate: Friday, 12 Nov 2010, 7:28 AM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
Seems reasonable, although I do have reservations about a Force user having the additional advantage of a power suit, as you know, I think this comes down to it being RP'd wisely, with restraint, and I think you've shown yourself apt to do this so I'm willing to APPROVE. Before it's closed up though, I do have just one or two questions. The biggest one, of course, is where the armor came from (it was built for him, but by whom? A word or two on this would be appreciated). Also, how would the concealed lightsaber work exactly? Is the layer simply too dense for sensors to see through? This would be rather heavy, I'm assuming, and I would think that sensors would notice that there's an area that's impenetrable to them. Am I right? Wrong? Do let me know when you can, please.

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

Trask_LargeroDate: Friday, 12 Nov 2010, 7:46 AM | Message # 3
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Well not really sure about that. They would likely be able to detect a black spot if you will on the scanner though since it won't exactly be worn except on special occasions and not really in areas where the scanners are the top of the line. That is so that for now he will likely submit to using just standard weaponry and only resort to the force and the lightsaber as a last resort. Mainly to keep his identity as a jedi hidden.

The armor will likely have been made for him in secret funded via several different rebellious elements that Trask is in contact with. Would have been secretly diverted.

OrionKarathDate: Saturday, 13 Nov 2010, 6:37 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant general
Awards: 1
I don't have a problem with this. Are you satisfied, Jace?

Orion Karath
Manager from June 2009 to Present, Administrator from December 2011 to Present
My posts here, pre-2009 archives here

Jace_VaritekDate: Saturday, 13 Nov 2010, 7:07 PM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Awards: 4
Yep, APPROVED.

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » Post a Request » Armor request
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz