MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Friday
9:12 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » Post a Request » Request for the Libs
Request for the Libs
Tremaine_FowlkesDate: Thursday, 18 Nov 2010, 6:23 PM | Message # 1
Colonel general
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Now that I've decided on the opening numbers for the Libs, I can finally request them here. Here's the following request:

50 soldiers (of variety species)
8 BTL-B Y-Wing starfighters/bombers
8 R-41 Starchasers
8 Z-95 Headhunters
8 Cloakshape fighters

Like I said on the previous request on the formation of the Libs, the soldiers and the fighters will mostly be used for hit-and-run operations against the Empire.

Tremaine Fowlkes
Senator of Telos IV

BairdDate: Thursday, 18 Nov 2010, 8:17 PM | Message # 2
Major general
Awards: 2
Like I said. This character would be interested in helping.

Commander in the Grand Army of the Republic (Former)
Friend of the oppressed.
Liberator of the enthralled.
Damian Baird.

Tremaine_FowlkesDate: Friday, 19 Nov 2010, 2:13 AM | Message # 3
Colonel general
Actually, I've already sent someone to look for you and your men. Hopefully, he'll find you sometime soon.

Tremaine Fowlkes
Senator of Telos IV

Jace_VaritekDate: Friday, 19 Nov 2010, 1:33 PM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
I see no OOC problems here, and I vote to APPROVE. If I were to give you unsolicited advice though, as I tend to do, I'd recommend buying fewer fighters. There are three reasons I'd advise this, foremost among them being that they have to be stored somewhere. To this end, I think it'd be helpful to specify where your "base" is, if you have one, or, otherwise, where these fighters are being stored. The cost of fuel and maintenance is another reason. Senators generally don't make a lot of money, and though Tremaine can use money from things other than his salary (siphoning funds from the Telosian government, or campaign contributions, or his personal fortune, etc.), the cost of keeping 32 starfighters in the air—even if we assume the pilots and engineers are working pro bono, or that they're droids—could be difficult even for him. Or, at least, it could become difficult very quickly. I've heard it said that the cost of flying an F-15c on a training sortie is about $24,000, and if those numbers are comparable here, the cost of fielding all of your fighters in a single battle could be as high (or as low) as $768,000. Credits ≠ dollars though, of course, so this is likely to be cheaper in Star Wars. Still, I might recommend beginning looking for other sources of revenue for the Libs, although, again, it's probably not an immediate problem.

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

Jace_VaritekDate: Friday, 19 Nov 2010, 1:46 PM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
I also just read that maintenance "account[s] for 30% of the total life-cycle cost of an aircraft." It's no wonder that in all three of the Trilogy films, a large number of maintenance guys are conspicuously seen in every Rebel hangar.

Jace Varitek

—John Maynard Keynes

Tremaine_FowlkesDate: Thursday, 25 Nov 2010, 6:39 AM | Message # 6
Colonel general
You're right, most Senators don't make a lot of money being Senators. Some of them are rich probably because of their noble titles or something like that. Some have businesses that made them rich. As much as I want to have Telosian government secretly and regularly give Tremaine money to start a rebellion, it's too much of a risk and could be noticed by the Empire. Ilanah's also funding the rebellion, so that helps little bit. I think the best way is to establish a business, so that profits could pour into the rebellion. Until then, because of that, I'd be willing to take 8 CloakShapes off the list if that's what you prefer. I consider y-wings, R-41s, and Z-95s important to the Libs, and the CloakShapes I could go on without for the time being.

I'd also like to establish a base of operations on Molavar. It's a backwater, desert planet with a lot of seedy spaceports and low-income moisture farms. I'll make a separate request for establishing a business since I don't know what kind of business I would want it to be just yet.

Tremaine Fowlkes
Senator of Telos IV

Jace_VaritekDate: Friday, 26 Nov 2010, 8:38 PM | Message # 7
Generalissimo
I don't have a preference, personally, since I'm not involved in the storyline at this time. But in my opinion, dropping those Cloakshapes is the right call. And since Orion apparently has no comment on this, I'd say the request is APPROVED.

50 soldiers (of variety species)
8 BTL-B Y-Wing starfighters/bombers
8 R-41 Starchasers
8 Z-95 Headhunters
1 base of operations on Molavar

Jace Varitek

—John Maynard Keynes

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » Post a Request » Request for the Libs
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz