MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Friday
4:49 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » Post a Request » House Malos Request
House Malos Request
Jendos_MercedDate: Saturday, 12 Jan 2013, 10:00 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I've come to a realization lately that a number of my ancillary characters are rather lacking in a number of regards. As such, I'd like to do a bit of fleshing out based on a few things, as well as make an overall request. From Stark's past there is mention made of House Malos having a stake in
business industries of mining, shipwrights and trade
. However, I would like to see more of a separation between Stark's businesses and Merced's businesses, largely for Merced to separate his own aims from Stark and because Merced does not want to be assumed to be a puppet of Stark.

As such, the following is requested:

• Major mining operations on Rhen Var from the company Malos Mining Inc. that would serve to mine ores, water and ice for shipping offworld.

• If allowed, purchase of the small ship manufacturing company Millenium Astro-Engineering located on Vornax. If this is approved, stats will be written up on the pair of canon vessels built by the company, which currently have no stats.

• Furthermore, Malos Shipping & Products would be located as a sub-branch on Galidraan to assist and bolster product sales.

In essence, House Malos would have a decent stake in the Thanium Sector which would work to improve personal profits for Jendos Merced, alongside the actual Lorrd-based sites for these companies.

Jendos Merced
Head of House Malos

Karth_DeQoraDate: Saturday, 26 Jan 2013, 12:22 PM | Message # 2
Colonel general
Group: Administrators
Awards: 1
A question I have, and this pertains to a growing trend we've noticed throughout the RP, is the notion that player companies need to purchase canon companies up as though they were playing Monopoly. You're more than welcome to establish your own small company, or create a fictional NPC one to buy up, without the need to snatch up every bit of canon business there is. So while I'm not entirely off to the idea of buying Millennium Astro; perhaps we could find an alternative there.

As for Merced having his own company, that's fine, so long as it stays his and doesn't aid any of your other characters (the whole Lorrd War fiasco comes to mind now). We've been slack on enforcing Rule 1.2 depending on the situation, but that's stopping.

Man, Myth, Administrative God. Also plays a mean kazoo.
Jace Varitek: In Northern California we just have gangs of vigilante interior decorators.

Jace_VaritekDate: Saturday, 26 Jan 2013, 1:05 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Awards: 4
I agree with Karth. Malos Mining, Inc. and Malos Shipping and Products is a good example of player-created companies. I also agree that acquiring Millennium Astro-Engineering could be okay, but I share his apprehension about acquiring canon companies when acquiring a player-created NPC company would work just as well. That said, I understand there are those designs involved here, and you probably want to fill in the stats. Honestly though, if it was me, I'd call that article "Ambiguously Canon" because it's from a comic about the Millennium Falcon from 1982, which mentions this Millennium Astro-Engineering as the maker of the "Millennium Fighter" and "Millennium Hawk." I haven't read the comic, but it sounds to me it's implying this is the manufacturer of the Millennium Falcon, which of course we know, today, is not the case. However, I digress; it is canon, and I suppose I can APPROVE of Malos acquiring Millennium Astro-Engineering and fleshing out those designs if you'd like.

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

Jendos_MercedDate: Saturday, 26 Jan 2013, 2:09 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant
Group: Users
This in particular is not designed to aid or assist any other character. Much like Jareth Bowe has his own defense fleet, I figured it might be good if Merced branched out on his own a bit.

Now, it would be nice to be able to use MAE, with the understanding that the Millennium Falcon, of course, was never made by them, but I will do my best in the future to avoid purchase of canon companies and attempt instead to work with player-created companies.

Jendos Merced
Head of House Malos

Jace_VaritekDate: Sunday, 03 Feb 2013, 9:53 PM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Awards: 4
I APPROVE of this.

Quote (Jendos_Merced)
# Major mining operations on Rhen Var from the company Malos Mining Inc. that would serve to mine ores, water and ice for shipping offworld.

# If allowed, purchase of the small ship manufacturing company Millenium Astro-Engineering located on Vornax. If this is approved, stats will be written up on the pair of canon vessels built by the company, which currently have no stats.

# Furthermore, Malos Shipping & Products would be located as a sub-branch on Galidraan to assist and bolster product sales.

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

JaronDate: Monday, 04 Feb 2013, 8:04 PM | Message # 6
Major general
I APPROVE as well.

Jaron Park
Manager from June 2009 to Present, Administrator from December 2011 to Present
(pre-April 2012 posts) (post-April 2012 posts)
Pre-2009 Archives

Karth_DeQoraDate: Monday, 04 Feb 2013, 11:57 PM | Message # 7
Colonel general
Awards: 1
APPROVED

Man, Myth, Administrative God. Also plays a mean kazoo.
Jace Varitek: In Northern California we just have gangs of vigilante interior decorators.

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » Post a Request » House Malos Request
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz