[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Magrath Barony
Baroness_MagrathDate: Monday, 04 Feb 2013, 1:40 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I would like to establish the Magrath family as being one of the oldest families on Jaemus with the documentation and ability to trace their family line back to the first Coruscanti Magraths that settled on the planet Jaemus. With this I would like to request an addition, that being a hereditary 'Baron of the Empire' status. This Hereditary status would have first been granted to Charlie Oakshott Magrath, Raulyn's father, for the Magrath family's actions during the Clone Wars. These actions would be the hiding and healing of Clone Troopers from the CIS on Jaemus by hiding the injured Clone Troopers on the plantation and seeing to their wounds and needs until such a time that Jaemus had been liberated by the Empire.

With this being a Hereditary Title, the Barony would originally have gone to Raulyn's brother Gerard Devary Magrath after the death of their father and their youngest brother Issac W. Magrath. Through her own maneuvering and plots, she would have her brother Gerard institutionalized on Jaemus after the death of their mother two years after the passing of their father and youngest brother. In response, the next male heir that it should fall to, her brother Benedict McAloon Magrath would flee Jaemus and return to the Coruscanti Magrath family branch to protect himself. This would mean that the Heredity Title would fall to Raulyn Hawkshaw Magrath, effectively giving her the title of 'Baroness of the Empire.'

Magrath Land Holdings

Roughly 7,500 Acres (11 Square Miles) on the planet Jaemus broken down into the following.
  • Magrath Plantation - 2,000 Acres
  • Magrath Baron of the Empire Estate - 700 Acres
  • Balgotti Hamlet - 500 Acres
  • Hanson Plantation - 500 Acres
  • Dargan Estate - 100 Acres
  • Roach Estate - 100 Acres
  • Gavan Lands - 1000 Acres
  • Starwatcher Farm - 50 Acres
  • Oma Farm - 50 Acres
  • Various Surrounding Farm Lands - 2,500 Acres

The Magrath Plantation is the original land holding of the first Coruscanti Magraths that would call Jaemus home. The other lands listed, other than the Baron of the Empire estate, would have been acquired by the Magrath family through the careful application of cunning. To this end, the Magrath family would use its own children as bargaining tools. By using arranged marriages, as well as bribes, kidnapping and extortion, the Magrath family would have built up a large estate over the many centuries of their living on Jaemus. This practice of arranged marriages would also see a good number of the females convincing their spouses (often the only heir of the particular family) to take on the Magrath name and thus end that families line and preventing the land from being inherited by anyone outside of the family. It is with these means that would see the Magrath land holdings expand to the above requested size.

Other parts, such as the Balgotti Hamlet, is land that was purchased by the Magrath family, who then turned around and rented the land to newly arriving colonist to work the land for them. This would cause the Balgotti Hamlet to grow around the lands rented, and would see a sizable community of at least 1,000 humans living on the lands that make up the Hamlet.

The Magrath family, while supportive of the Republic in its time, and feigning support of the Empire, is strictly humanocentric to a point. That point usually divides aliens along the groups of useful and worthless. While Baroness Raulyn Hawkshaw Magrath is known for being humanocentric, she also holds to the belief that only worthy aliens should be seen as equal. This is shown in her freeing Oma, her personal Mon Calamarian slave since she was a child, and offering Oma the chance to work freely on the newly named 'Oma Farm' which is 50 Acres immediately south of the Magrath Plantation. For the most part however, the Magrath lands are worked by enslaved alien species, and depending on the species depends on their treatment. For example, Mon Calamarian slaves are more often seen in an overseer position to watch the other slaves because of their and Oma's proving of their reliability when compared to Rodian or Slussi slaves which are treated more harshly, with the Mon Calamarian slaves often freed quicker and hired by the Magrath family to continue working for them.

To wrap this request up I would like to place the following.

A private residence on Coruscant for the Jaemus Magrath's a single suite with a private landing pad in 500 Republica. Due to her status of Baroness of the Empire and her families natural and long standing power and wealth would secure this residence for Raulyn.

Establishing Magrath Shipwrights, a minor shipbuilding company that through the Magrath family would have established a reputation with Galentro Heavy Works; which in turn would allow for a private section of the Jaemus Shipyards to be used by Magrath Shipwrights to construct their bread and butter vessels. (designs to be requested later.)

The Establishment of Magrath Textiles and Magrath Winery on Jaemus as having been constructed by the first Magraths on Jaemus, using the fibers and produce from the Magrath lands to produce various textiles and wines for sale on most wealthy worlds. These manufacturing complexes would be staffed by slaves.

The Magrath Security Force. A group of Twenty-Five to Fifty highly trained personal bodyguards and drivers (including being trained pilots) that watch over the safety of the Magrath Family at all times, including immediate family members (meaning Raulyn, her youngest sister still living on the Magrath plantation, her sister's fiancee, Raulyn's husband, her son and daughter, as well as the immediate family members of her Brother-in-law, and her spouses immediate family being his father and mother.)

tl;dr

• Establishing the Magrath family as one of the oldest families on Jaemus
  • Raulyn named 'Baroness of the Empire' through inheriting the title
  • Roughly 7,500 Acres of land (11 Square Miles) including the 'Baroness of the Empire' Estate
  • Private Residence in 500 Republica; One Suite with private landing pad
  • Establishing Magrath Shipwrights
  • Establishing of Magrath Textiles and Magrath Winery shipping their products to 'wealthy' worlds
  • Magrath Security Force; 25 - 50 Trained Personnel

Raulyn Hawkshaw Magrath
Baroness of the Empire - Jaemus
Duchess of the Bisellia System
Proprietor of Magrath Shipwrights
Proprietor of Magrath Textiles
Proprietor of Magrath Winery
Proprietor of Magrath Weapons Foundry
Proprietor of Magrath Mining Compound

Message edited by Baroness_Magrath - Monday, 11 Feb 2013, 2:44 PM

JaronDate: Monday, 04 Feb 2013, 8:13 PM | Message # 2
Major general
Group: Administrators
APPROVE

Jaron Park
Manager from June 2009 to Present, Administrator from December 2011 to Present
(pre-April 2012 posts) (post-April 2012 posts)
Pre-2009 Archives

Baroness_MagrathDate: Tuesday, 05 Feb 2013, 1:06 AM | Message # 3
Lieutenant
There was a minor problem that I've discovered with my own request. While I had requested controlling shareholder status of the Jaemus shipyards; I found out through a bit deeper search that the Jaemus Shipyards are in fact owned by Galentro Heavy Works which the article on wookie states that they own and operate the Jaemus Shipyards. To that point I have edited the above request to mirror that new discovery. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Raulyn Hawkshaw Magrath

Jace_VaritekDate: Monday, 11 Feb 2013, 12:11 PM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Awards: 4
With that change having been made, I vote to APPROVE the following:

- The Magrath family being one of the oldest families on Jaemus
- Raulyn inheriting the "Baronness of the Empire" title
- An 11 square mile estate on Jaemus
- Magrath Shipwrights, Magrath Textiles, Magrath Winery
- Security force numbering 25 to 50

I vote to DENY the floor-sized suite at 500 Republica. Baroness or not, no one from the Outer Rim is ever going to reach that echelon of Core society. Especially not a non-Human. That was another part of the request that confused me; the Magraths being Humanocentric despite Raulyn being clearly not Human. What species is she, by the way?

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

Baroness_MagrathDate: Monday, 11 Feb 2013, 12:15 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant
The entire Magrath family is Human, with the thought in my head that they come from the Coruscanti Magrath family, and have simply established themselves on Jaemus.

Raulyn is a Human, this is how I explained her eye color.

The most striking anatomical point of her appearance are her bright yellow eyes. While many do comment on them, not many understand that her eyes are naturally yellow and not a contacts lens like others have suspected. This is due in part to a naturally occurring pigment called Lipochrome which often causes the yellow, gold like and copper tones in amber eyes. Raulyn on the other hand has larger amounts of Lipochrome present in her iris which causes the natural and stunning shade of yellow.

Here's also a better image of her since in the size down the eyes aren't shown as well in the 140x140 image.

Raulyn Hawkshaw Magrath

Message edited by Baroness_Magrath - Monday, 11 Feb 2013, 12:20 PM

Jace_VaritekDate: Monday, 11 Feb 2013, 12:54 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Awards: 4
Ah, I see. Well, I'll buy that explanation, though I feel duty-bound to point out that use of the Dark Side evidently turns eyes yellow (sigh). Dabbling in some kind of Force sorcery would also be a convenient explanation, but not, obviously, if you don't want to have her be a Force user. Just thought I'd float the idea. Either way though, I must vote to deny the floor on 500 Republica, even with the Coruscant ancestry. But a suite in the building? Certainly.

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

Baroness_MagrathDate: Monday, 11 Feb 2013, 2:41 PM | Message # 7
Lieutenant
There's already someone on here I believe that has her Senator as a Force Sorcery dabbler, I'm drawing a blank on the name, but I know it's the Senator from the Teta System. By the way, what happened to her, she kind of just poofed.... I digress. While yes I could go with the whole "use of the Dark Side evidently turns eyes yellow" which I dont agree with and still go with the Potentium idea, it just seems like a cheap cop out. Considering though that Raulyn is not a Force User, I'll stick with the much more acceptable medical condition of having an over abundance of the Lipochrome pigmentation in her eyes.

I'll also edit the request to reflect your acceptance of a suite in the building, with a private landing pad if that is okay.

Raulyn Hawkshaw Magrath

Message edited by Baroness_Magrath - Monday, 11 Feb 2013, 2:42 PM

Jace_VaritekDate: Tuesday, 12 Feb 2013, 0:20 AM | Message # 8
Generalissimo