MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Friday
9:09 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » Post a Request » Blackfire Recruitment from Arramanx
Blackfire Recruitment from Arramanx
Malos_YhemnDate: Friday, 22 Feb 2013, 8:50 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
As per the thread here, I would request from the varied urban warfare gangs of Arramanx that Malos Yhemn manage to pull some 60-80 gun hands and other assorted ruffians who are 'skilled' in urban operations to the cause of Blackfire.

Malos Yhemn
Contractor

Jace_VaritekDate: Friday, 22 Feb 2013, 11:56 AM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
In sum, what would be his sales pitch to these people exactly? I read the thread, but I didn't see what Malos actually said to these people to convince them to join him.

(Also, did Danes do a "I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me love" recruitment pitch to a roomful of bounty hunters and mercenaries? Oh well, that's a different request—a request I've not actually seen anywhere, but I digress).

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

Malos_YhemnDate: Friday, 22 Feb 2013, 2:36 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant
What does any good salesman use to sell a pitch? Persuasion in the form of monies or riches; coercion in the form that the Cronese Mandate is not a strong enough government any longer to protect it worlds and that joining with Yhemn and Blackfire will allow these fighters to come back and wrest what they want from their rivals from a stronger power base than they currently have without need to fear the Mandate; allowing a reaction to abuses from the former Mandate government to get out from under their heel and appealing to those who romanticize the image of the hardened mercenary. Plus, why stay and rule a squalid run-down city when one has the entire galaxy before them.

Malos Yhemn
Contractor

Jace_VaritekDate: Friday, 22 Feb 2013, 2:41 PM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
I like that answer, but I meant more along the lines of what would be his answer when they start asking about what the organization does, what they would be doing for it, "Got anybody I know workin' for ya?", where the organization is located, that kind of thing.

Jace Varitek

—John Maynard Keynes

Malos_YhemnDate: Friday, 22 Feb 2013, 2:46 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant
Ahhhh. Okay. My mistake. Well, to that ends, the organization would be described more as 'resource reallocation' for which they'd be acting as a loose security force and conducting missions to include everything from light raiding of non-Imperial convoys to small-scale urban warfare. The odds of them knowing anyone directly would be unlikely I would think, at least offhand, and as for location, that would be described as mobile.

Malos Yhemn
Contractor

Jace_VaritekDate: Friday, 22 Feb 2013, 2:49 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
So they wouldn't know who they'd be working for or what, specifically, they'll be asked to do (other than that it's not some anti-Imperial crusade). Would there at least be a guarantee of pay and maybe a down payment ahead of time?

Jace Varitek

—John Maynard Keynes

Malos_YhemnDate: Friday, 22 Feb 2013, 3:03 PM | Message # 7
Lieutenant
Well Yhemn himself would be their primary organizer and contact, and he does have a reputation of sorts as a fair businessman and as someone who gets the job done, at least in the criminal underworld. Obviously nowhere near as big a name as Boba Fett or Zuckuss or Bossk, etc. but a big enough name to be recognized, and his successes in recent times just add to that. They'd know that Yhemn is working for someone and that they'd be paid for their services, but they'd be working more or less for Yhemn directly.

My apologies for not clarifying enough. In matters of pay, there would be a beginning payment of course, as well as the knowledge of continuing pay for their services.

Malos Yhemn
Contractor

Jace_VaritekDate: Friday, 22 Feb 2013, 9:24 PM | Message # 8
Generalissimo
Okay, sounds good. Thanks for clarifying. APPROVED.

Jace Varitek

—John Maynard Keynes

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » Post a Request » Blackfire Recruitment from Arramanx
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz