MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Monday
1:29 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » Echuuunism (A Holocron that Lectures on the Workings of Lightside)
Echuuunism
EchuuShinzonDate: Friday, 20 Feb 2009, 9:50 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Users
Awards: 0
(( POST UPCOMING ))

Added (20 Feb 2009, 10:37 Pm)
---------------------------------------------

ECHUUUNISM
A brief look at the darkside of the force.

To know the darkside is to understand fully the capabilities of the darkside, and to understand the need for the light. It is within the light that one will find salvation, and only in the light that one can glimpse it. Long ago, my friend Dace turned from the light to embrace darkness. A devote Sith follower, Dace was redeemed by myself and fellow Jedi Knight Skye Averre, only to succumb to his darker inhibitions and rejoin his Sith predecessors. I regret that faithful evening that he left; but I remember what I said: "the next time we meet, it will be at the end of blades". He didn't want to fight me, the hurt in his eyes at that revelation was obvious.

It was then I decided that I had to understand the darkside. Long had I purged the galaxy of the darkness, but never had I experienced it myself. From Sulek Pharos, to Seres Undor, to Dace, to Erik, to that faithful evening when I met Jodo Kast. The darkside had manifested in my former master, and he had died from it, and it had manifested in my other master, transforming her into one of the most feared Sith Ladies of all time. It was she that infiltrated the Jedi Order, under pretense of being a captive, and laid waste to the entire council in one fell swoop... I, I could do nothing but watch, a victim of the machinations of Jodo Kast. Forever scarred, I bear the one sign of love that my master had for me--a cybernetic arm.

Added (20 Feb 2009, 10:38 Pm)

I. The Darkside
The Darkside is a manifestation of energies as allocated by the Force. To believe that there is no darkside or lightside is to believe as the Jedai do, which to say that it is to believe that the force itself is none-existant. The force exists, and with it lie the two spectrums. Consider, one can be angry or happy, but to be both would negate the principles of both, and thus, one would be neither. The potentium is flawed, and does not have any authentic knowledge of the force beyond intrinsic means of understanding that it exists. Although there are aspects of the force not understood, those following the Potentium as often naive and childish of mind.

The darkside is a manifestation of the will of evil, or negative energies. The darkside twists and contorts ones physical and mental appearance. Picture a log, burning and being consumed. To touch the log is to burn ones self; this grants the log power. More power then it has ever known. However, denotingly, the log itself is slowly eaten by the flame, similar to how the human body is slowly eaten by the darkside. It consumes the body while offering unlimited power.

Similarly the darkside must manifest itself physically. This is particularly true of the Sith-based attacks, which include physicalizations of electricity, and the use of the force to cause physical harm, such as a choke. The darkside therefore is physical power, and the manifestation of power at the peak of it's prime. Picture if you will the log and the flame, the logs ability to harm and to hurt is much like the darkside. It's a weapon, and it's might can only be physicalized.

Added (20 Feb 2009, 10:39 Pm)

II. The Jedai
The Jedai were a cult formulated around the time of my twentieth birthday. They were probably the earliest Potentium believers, but for them--it was not a matter of whether the darkside/lightside existed, but to what degree both could be controled to reach a balance. While Potentium users simply state that the force is the force, and that the darkside and the lightside do not exist, the Jedai believed that both did, but that a user could be both inherently light, and inherently dark.

Believing this is a folly, as the darkside can not exist within the light. If you consider, a light can not exist within shadow, for the light would destroy it, and shadow can not exist in the presence of light--one must defeat the other. To this regard, to achieve true balance is to do what can not be done, and therefore, in order to achieve this balance one must break the constraints of the Force, and in doing so--break the force.

Balance must be maintained, and therefore, the Jedai are a heretical group that should be destroyed. the Outkasts official mandate is to seek out and destroy the Jedai, this is called the Omega Principle.

Added (20 Feb 2009, 10:40 Pm)

III. Omega Principle
The Omega Principle is a simple stated: "Balance must be maintained".

Many Jedi refuse to admit that we require the Sith, but the truth is we do. According to Echuuunism, both dark and light must exist, for there must constantly be struggle. A balance between dark and light must be maintained. However, saying such, one should understand that to offer fair game between light/dark is to offer the dark a chance to stab you in the back. Therefore, a Jedi must be vigilant and ever prepared for the inevitable war against darkness. This is where Redeemers and Guardians are of import. A sentinel is a well rounded figure who takes care of the average day to day business of the Jedi Order. A Guardian is a sword arm, and the might of the Jedi, dispatched to handle disputes that require "aggressive negotiations". A consular takes care of the Order itself, and politics. A redeemer is in charge of maintaining a balanced inbalance within the force, to ensure that the lightside always prevail. A outkast is in charge of the Omega Principle. To ensure that the Redeemer does his job, and that the Jedai, or Nul-Force, never come back.

Added (20 Feb 2009, 10:40 Pm)

IV. Neutrality
My master feared it, and so do I. To be neutral in the force is to allow the force to be destroyed. Ever Jedi inherently has the will and duty to protect the force; not only from others, but from itself. the darkside seeks to destroy the force, the lightside to become one with it, and the neutrality--the neutrality is the destruction. To be one with the force and seek it's destruction is to create a rift of harmony and chaos, and this rift would inevitably destroy the force.

V. Lightside
The lightside of the force is harmony. Harmony is that which works in conjecture with the force. A Jedi's duty is to be part of the lightside, and to not work against the force, but to work with it. To embrace the teachings of the Jedi is to learn patience, serenity, control, compassion, and harmony.

Added (20 Feb 2009, 10:41 Pm)

VI. The Lightside extreme.
The Lightside extreme is the point of joining the force. This is something that can not be reached by the mortal, nor should a mortal strive to kill themselves to reach it. By harmonizing oneself with the force, one becomes part of it, part of the trees, the grass, the rock, and everything that has the force within it--including the metals used within starships, droids, and buildings. In essence, a true lightsider is he who embraces the force, and does not create a ripple within it's domain. He who is not the creator or ripples, but a ripple itself. Therefore, a mortal can not become part of the force, for a mortal creates ripples within the force, and does not act in accordance (at least not one hundred percent) with the force. It is only in death, and harmonizing yourself with the force, that you can ever fully join it--and attain full lightside.

Added (20 Feb 2009, 10:41 Pm)

VII. The Darkside extreme.
Physical manifestations can only physicalize themselves further. Therefore, the height of Darkside power is the height of destruction--annihilation. To not only create ripples within the force, but to create ripples to such an extent that no ripple could exist, that the force itself would become one giant miasma of chaos. In essence, a true darksider is not mortal either, for a true darksider is a suicidal sociopath who seeks to destroy the force, and in destroying it, ends the force, and it's tyranny once and for all. To master something, one must be able to destroy it. A true darksider will destroy the force.

Added (20 Feb 2009, 10:43 Pm)

VIII. The Jedi.
Are not lightsiders. We are not intrinsically light to the extreme, nor are we dark. Consider a numerical spectrum, with lightside as a 1, and darkside as a 10. A Sithlord would be a 8-9, a Jedi would be a 2-3, and a Dark Jedi would be a 7. Jedi should always strive to be 1 on the spectrum, but Jedi should similarly accept that we can not always be 1, and that in order to fulfill the mandate of the Jedi, we must create ripples within the force, and act against the force in order to protect the balance.

This is also true of what none-sensitives call "Force Powers". A Jedi should never physicalize the force. Electricity and choke are domains that should not be attempted by a Jedi, for to physicalize the force is to accept the darkside into ones heart. However, one must also understand that to exert an inertial change on another (such as Push or Pull) one must physicalize the force to an extent, and thus, must accept that they are not inherently 1 on the spectrum.

However, to constantly use the powers of the Force is to fall further and further along the spectrum. This is why the Jedi placate the use of your body and mind over the use of the force. It is too easy to become addicted to the power of the force, and to become addicted is to crave more, and that is the path to the darkside.

Added (20 Feb 2009, 10:43 Pm)

IX. Balance.
The job of every Jedi is to maintain the balance of the force. The Omega Principle is specific to those Outkasts (Redeemers) who accept the charge of maintaining the balance of the Order over the Order itself. Sometimes, a "Shatterpoint" exists that can change the course of an entire conflict, for better or worse, and an Outkast must accept the charge of finding these Shatterpoints, and exerting proper influence on them.

All must remember: "The Balance must be maintained".

X. Conclusion.
Jedi should strive to be the best on the spectrum, and should not physical there force powers. However, situations will arise that will call for the use of the force. It should be used sparingly. To show strength or to boast of it, is to be dark, and to physical strength (a darkside trait).

To be a lightsider is no easy task. What power you gain through harmony, you can through joining the force. Through the force, you gain ultimate power. But while every Jedi strives to join the force, the Outkast strives to preserve it.

And that... is Echuuunism.

Added (20 Feb 2009, 10:50 Pm)

XI. Addendum Principle
The Addendum Principle is an exemption of Jedi Outkasts for the sake of preserving the Jedi Order no matter the cost. It is for those of the Jedi Order (namely Redeemers, and their secular group) that have taken it upon themselves (in the name of the preservation of that which we hold dear) to protect the Jedi Order from it's first and foremost threat, itself. The aforementioned darkside-lightside conflict must always exist, and it is to this balance, and the Omega Principle that the Addendum Principle directly follows.

"The Addendum Principle holds that he who represents the outcast group of the Jedi (Outkasts) will to any degree preserve the Jedi Order from it's foremost enemy, that of stagnation and disruption. He who is of this secret order (Outkast) will work within the Jedi Order itself to act as a guardian from the many truths which have been mentioned, and will similarly find the shatterpoints and many different vices with which the Order could fall. The Addendum Principle herein clearly defines that the Jedi Order (New Jedi Order and all other Jedi Orders) are Orders with which to group and rally Lightsiders for the sake of the Lightside (See Lightside Extreme) and thereby the Outkast will ensure that the Order survives".

I have no knowledge if this holocron will remain in existence after what I am about to do. I have elected to go to the Moff Council for the sake of creating a counter-balance to the Jedi Order and allowing them to survive. This is what I believe the current shatterpoint is, and it is for the mutual survival of the Jedi Order (and subsequent Orders) that I now invoke the Addendum Principle. May the Force be with you.

[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]
Echuu Shinzon
Ex-Jedi
Human

Message edited by EchuuShinzon - Friday, 20 Feb 2009, 9:35 PM

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » Echuuunism (A Holocron that Lectures on the Workings of Lightside)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz