MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Friday
9:21 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » Ratification of the Morishim Amendments
Ratification of the Morishim Amendments
Artemis_VandenDate: Wednesday, 28 Jul 2010, 1:14 PM | Message # 16
Major general
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Senator Forte listens not to reason, and he does battle with strawmen. I have nothing more to say to him. It is like talking to a proton torpedo, except that even a proton torpedo is capable of changing its course. Senator Fowlkes, don't condemn yourself to become the vengeful old man that Senator Forte is. And Senator Thanatos, please, don't let him.

Artemis Vanden
Representative of the Naboo

Message edited by Artemis_Vanden - Wednesday, 28 Jul 2010, 1:20 PM

Ponc_GavrisomDate: Wednesday, 04 Aug 2010, 2:27 PM | Message # 17
Major general
Awards: 3
I would ask that Senator Fowlkes not make his decision in haste. I mentioned earlier my belief that he and I agree more than we disagree on this measure, and I would hope to meet with him to discuss this matter before the vote is closed. The voting is to remain open in the meantime, so that this measure has the full hearing that it deserves. As for Senator Forte's words, I have little to add to what Senator Vanden has already said of them. I would have liked to reach a compromise with Senator Forte too, but it appears that the spiteful position in which he has entrenched himself on this issue allows no room for compromise. I am saddened by this, but the Senate must move forward even if some of its members are left behind in the past.

Senator Fowlkes, I will make time to meet with you this week and look forward to discussing the matter. I'm sure that we can come to an understanding on this.

Ponc Gavrisom
Chief of State

Tremaine_FowlkesDate: Tuesday, 10 Aug 2010, 4:22 PM | Message # 18
Colonel general
Awards: 0
Unlike Senator Forte, I am willing to listen and discuss over issues regarding the peace with the Remnant. As my initial response, I will be honored to meet with President Gavrisom and am also looking forward to discussing the matter among other issues. I can also make time to meet with both Senators Vanden and Forte if each wishes to. I would be more than willing to discuss the matter over with both Senators, or any other Senators that wanted to speak to me regarding the Morishim Amendments.

Tremaine Fowlkes
Senator of Telos IV

Mical_de_CrionDate: Tuesday, 10 Aug 2010, 11:32 PM | Message # 19
Colonel
Awards: 5
While I have been silent on this matter since my opening statements, I feel I must speak, and I apologize for the length it took to do so. I took so long to gather my thoughts, as, unlike other Senators, I do not wish to seem rash or impulsive. I also do not wish to seem as if I am following the herd. I wish to act in a professional manner, fitting of my title and in service worthy of my people. President Gavrisom, while my proposal on the Pellaeon-Gavrisom Treaty concerning military cooperation was "disasterous", and it had no input from the Advisory Council nor Council of Moffs, are we not at peace, and are we not wishing for further cooperation? It was indeed well intentioned. It was also thought out. Timing, is another matter. I do appreciate the thought that went behind these provisions, I really do. However, these terms were already negotiated in similar detail months ago, and do not differ any differently from my knowledge. To change such provisions would be misleading and not only that, dishonorable. We are above such tactics. The same would be said of never presenting them for ratification. So while you do have a valid arguement on holding out on presenting these provisions, it does not make sense. The Morishim Amendments are important and vital to the continued peace and stability we are enjoying... thus we need to make sure they are enacted quickly, and while not sloppily, but not lazily either. I am a proponent of peace, as you are, as Senator Vanden is...but I also want to see the citizens of the galaxy enjoy the peace as quickly as possible, and finally rid our beatiful worlds with the seemingly everlasting specter of war. Stalling on the Morishim Amendments, for whatever reason the true motive may have been, perhaps waiting on the end of the careers of your two biggest rivals and obvious stalwart oponnets, is unacceptable, I'm afraid. If you are going to stand by your Peace First policy, then stand by it, I beg you...do not resort to petty tactics, such as bringing a proposal to abolish the Bastion Accords, and do not slow down the important processes that are needed for this peace to work and last.

Mical Léo de Crion
Director, All Stars Burn As One Foundation
Chairman, Urban Youth College Fund
Owner, Château Hiver Rivière

Ponc_GavrisomDate: Wednesday, 11 Aug 2010, 0:04 AM | Message # 20
Major general
Awards: 3
Mical, please. You are a being for whom I have some respect, but here you are arguing simply to argue. I explained earlier the importance of the Morishim Amendments and, thus, that they must be studied closely. As indeed they were. Surely you do not call this "lazy." Surely the members of the various commissions and study groups, including economists, social scientists, and Admirals and Generals, would not call this "lazy." These are individuals who labored tirelessly to give the Morishim Amendments the consideration that they deserve and the people of the New Republic expect from them and from us.

As for the proposal to abolish the Bastion Accords, I would argue that this served a very important purpose in strengthening the treaty, indecorous though it may have been. It dipped a feather or, if you will, a finger into the arguments of certain "anti-peace" Senators and demonstrated for all to see how very shallow these arguments were. Now please, Senator Crion, let us discuss the content of the Morishim Amendments rather than the minutiae of how it came to be. Let us do what the people expect of us.

Ponc Gavrisom
Chief of State

Mical_de_CrionDate: Wednesday, 11 Aug 2010, 0:07 AM | Message # 21
Colonel
Awards: 5
Indeed, you are right, and I apologize. As I said earlier, I support these amendments wholeheartedly. I also encourage, although this is unlikely, for the dissenting Senators to change their votes, and the undecided to vote in favor.

Mical Léo de Crion
Director, All Stars Burn As One Foundation
Chairman, Urban Youth College Fund
Owner, Château Hiver Rivière

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » Ratification of the Morishim Amendments
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz