MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Friday
10:19 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » Memorandum for Cul'utaan Forte (Private)
Memorandum for Cul'utaan Forte
Eli_FitzgeraldDate: Friday, 09 Jul 2010, 0:36 AM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Permian Prefecture, Ste. 28
Cambrielle, Ralltiir 09459-A4
Eli Fitzgerald's Residence

Memorandum to: Cul'utaan Forte
Senator of Ryloth, Chair of the Corruption Panel
Subject: The Morishim Amendments

Senator Forte,

I regret that it's been some time since I've communicated with you, in correspondence or otherwise. Although I am no longer in the Senate, I continue to follow the Senate's deliberations with interest and, lately, concern. Even if you and I did not always agree, on the great issues and dilemmas of our time—the peace treaty, defense policy, economics, and so on—we usually were, and remain, agreed. In my last memorandum to you, when it became apparent that I would not be in the Senate much longer, I implored you to continue in opposition to the Chief of State and his naive and dangerous policies. I regret to see, however, that today, he and his policies are largely unchallenged.

I hear that there are many domestic happenings on Ryloth that require your attention, and of course your time in the Senate is understandably limited. But I feel that the Senate desperately needs a strong, consistent, and respected voice of opposition to Ponc Gavrisom. You could be, and, I believe, you must be that voice. It is not simply principles that are in danger, but lives, including, potentially, the lives of the people of Ryloth. Your planet and mine are is imperiled as all New Republic worlds are by the possibility of war—a possibility that the Chief of State and his allies in the Senate refuse even to consider.

The most alarming of his policies, of late, are the Morishim Amendments that are now before the Senate. The worst of these declares that "Imperial and New Republic citizens shall have access to each other's respective judicial systems for the redress of grievances relating to, and the prosecution of violations of, the Bastion Accords." I can't find the words to describe how offensive this proposal is—it would compel our courts to prosecute our own people and compel our own people to seek justice in the Remnant's notoriously corrupt courts. This is what myself, Senator Karath, and many others marched at Morishim to prevent. We failed then. We must not fail now.

Please, Senator, do what you can to oppose these amendments, or at least this one especially pungent amendment.

Respectfully,

Eli Fitzgerald
Senator of Ralltiir (10 BBY—Present)

"I was elected to do some flamethrowing in the Senate. To a light a fire under those Senators and make it hot for them."

Cul-utaanForteDate: Sunday, 18 Jul 2010, 11:17 PM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Users
Awards: 0
The Forte Estate
Ryloth

Memorandum to: Eli Fitzgerald
Executive Director, Freedom Fund; Former Chief of State
Subject: RE: The Morishim Ammendments

President Fitzgerald,

It is indeed a travesty, sir, that President Gavrisom's policies have gone largely unopposed and unchecked. You are indeed right, in the domestic issues that have kept me from being a presence in the Senate as of late. My standing on my people's ruling council unfortunately at times requires a rather demanding amount of my time on Ryloth itself. It appears in our absences, our allies have seemingly lost their way. They have gone from being our most stalwart supporters to Gavrisom's quietest. Perhaps it is their shame due to their betrayal of the cause, that holds their tongues still. I have been, and always will be, a Soldier of the New Republic. I will fight for its best interest now that I am able to do so, and will continue our fight that you are sadly unable to join me in on the field of political warfare. Rest assured, I have been willing before to go to any length to protect and preserve the New Republic. I am still willing to go to any length to protect and preserve the New Republic. ANY length. Our very survival is one the line, and sacrifices must be made, and some of us must do things that may go against our very fiber of being. For the New Republic, the cause shall endure and we will fight on, even in our darkest of days.

Sincerly,

General Cul'utaan'forte
Forte's Legion

Message edited by Cul-utaanForte - Sunday, 18 Jul 2010, 11:21 PM

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » Memorandum for Cul'utaan Forte (Private)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz