MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Tuesday
10:38 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » Spice Regulation Bill
Spice Regulation Bill
Artemis_VandenDate: Thursday, 26 Aug 2010, 0:04 AM | Message # 16
Major general
Group: Users
Awards: 0
If I may, Governor, I'd like to vote in favor of Senator Ryuun's proposal. That is, if by "spice" he refers only to those varieties of spice that are considered prohibited. I realize that on Druckenwell, as you have said in the past, Senator, all spice is illegal "and shall remain this way." But do bear in mind that many worlds, like Naboo, have more reasonable drug policies and, as Senator Cambrist suggested, our customs bureau uses its time and resources more selectively and, I would argue, more wisely. You and I have disagreed on Druckenwell's policy toward spice in the past, but I would hope that the recent problems your world has had with spice would demonstrate that no tolerance of any variety of spice—even harmless varieties—is not a policy that works. To the contrary, it only encourages an illegal drug trade.

Artemis Vanden
Representative of the Naboo

Tremaine_FowlkesDate: Monday, 30 Aug 2010, 7:36 AM | Message # 17
Colonel general
Awards: 0
As seeing that nothing had been added to Senator Ryuun's bill, I move that the Chief of State close the voting process.

Tremaine Fowlkes
Senator of Telos IV

Mical_de_CrionDate: Monday, 30 Aug 2010, 1:10 PM | Message # 18
Colonel
Awards: 5
I would like to vote In Favor of this legislation, and join Senator Vanden in standing by this bill only if it indeed means only Spice varieties that are illegal. Of course, should you mean otherwise, it would require a clear change in New Republic law to be included in this legislation.

Mical Léo de Crion
Director, All Stars Burn As One Foundation
Chairman, Urban Youth College Fund
Owner, Château Hiver Rivière

Ponc_GavrisomDate: Monday, 30 Aug 2010, 10:24 PM | Message # 19
Major general
Awards: 3
Without objection, the bill passes unanimously. That is, on the assumption that Senator Vanden and Senator Crion have made that "spice" refers to varieties of spice considered illegal under present law, or additional varieties that are considered illegal on specific worlds, such as Druckenwell, that have pursued more stringent drug policies. The bill is now referred to the Economics Council to devise a mode of payment and procurement of synthetic spice. I would ask that Senator Ryuun work with Senator Kruus on this matter.

Ponc Gavrisom
Chief of State

LomenRyuunDate: Thursday, 02 Sep 2010, 1:02 PM | Message # 20
Lieutenant general
Awards: 1
Despite the differences between myself and Senator Kruus in the past, I look forward to working with him on this endeavor.

Lomen Ryuun
Senator, Doldur Sector
Senator, Druckenwell
Representative, Monor II (10 BBY - 9 BBY)
Representative, Geridard
Representative, Boranall
Representative, Therenor Prime
Vice-chairman, Defense Committee (Temporarily suspended)
Controlling Shareholder - Druckenwell Arms Corporation

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » Spice Regulation Bill
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz