MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Tuesday
5:20 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » To Admiral Nadia
To Admiral Nadia
Ponc_GavrisomDate: Wednesday, 25 Aug 2010, 12:51 PM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Users
Awards: 3
To: Admiral Nadia
Subject: Requisitioning the Wayward Son
Admiral,

I trust that all is proceeding well in your exploration of the Rishi Maze. I am eager to learn, as are we all, of what new planets and other celestial bodies you have discovered since our last communication. However, I ask that you prepare the Defender-class carrier Wayward Son to return to the galaxy proper and proceed to Ord Radama. It appears that the Senate will be requisitioning the ship for the purpose of exploring the Stygian Caldera. But for the time being, your exploration is to continue without the Wayward Son for at least another month, or possibly two.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to remind you once again, Admiral, that there is to be no intercourse with new species that are discovered on these worlds. While the Republic does indeed desire, one day, to caress these virgin celestial bodies in the sweet, intimate embrace of commerce, you are reminded that this is not the time to do so. This will eventually be the climax of our relations with them, but for now, a certain gentle finesse is required. So please do remember that any innocent, young cultures that you encounter are not to be penetrated by you or your crewmen. Or touched in any manner. This would be most assuredly frowned upon as a vulgar and unconcionable act. I hope this is understood, Admiral. No intercourse.

Please confirm that you have recieved this transmission, and understood it.

Sincerely,

Ponc Gavrisom
Chief of State

Kieran_NadiaDate: Sunday, 29 Aug 2010, 1:17 AM | Message # 2
Sergeant
Awards: 0
Memorandum for: Ponc Gavrisom
Chief of State
Subject: RE: Requistitioning the Wayward Son
Classification: Military Transmission [Encrypted], High Priority

Sir, we are still having issues on a time delay concerning messaging. It appears there si some sort of issue concerning the barrier between galaxies, similar to ships being largely unable to travel through hyperspace in such regions. We will continue our work on a solution to this problem, but for now, continue to expect delays in our response time...which has improved from earlier communication, I must note. We have mapped over one-fifth of Companion Aurek, with most of it and the hyperspace routes we have been finding being piggybacked off of the explorations of Sterling Farland. We have also worked on improving the infastructure of the Zareca String. In all, I believe we have a very viable and lush area for colonization, although many would require terraforming. We are unfortunately having trouble finding readily inhabitable worlds, and those that are, with the exception of Ord Ganja, have low-level semi-sentient life, which could one day be sentient and space-faring. You do not have to worry so much, Mr. President, as I have said in our past correspondence, my crews are the best, and they know the regulations concerning exploration and the orders we are under.

At this point, I would recommend that we send one of our remaining four Battle Groups be sent into Companion Besh on a similar mission. I do so due to the largely aggressive species that have come out of Companion Besh, that we see what we may be up against, and if so, how to deal with such threats. Extragalactic invasion, as impossible as it seems, is one of our largest threats now that the Empire is gone. I believe, as an officer of my caliber, it is vital that we ensure the security of the entire galaxy. That is why I support this mission you have sent myself on, and why I would highly recommend such a mission into Companion Besh. Since the Fourth is primarily mopping up rogue warlords, the Third attending to the Outer Rim as it is capable of, and the First protecting Coruscant, I believe the Second Battle Group under Vice Admiral Treslar would be prime for such a mission. Treslar was a subordinate of mine during the war, and he is as capable and adaptive as they come. He was instrumental in bringing down Captain Holt, and is perhaps one of our more diplomatic admirals. These are traits that are vital in a mission such as this, and I can think of no one better than Treslar and the Second for a similar mission as you have put myself and the Fifth on.

I would like to ask that a suitable vessel from another one of the Battle Groups, or if you're set of the class, a Defender that is not from the Fifth, be used in this expedition to the Stygian Caldera. Not only is Wayard Son currently in a "dark zone", an area without suitable communications established, but it would take, once we can get into contact again, whish will be two weeks, and then back to Terminus, another two weeks, it will take an additional two months to reach Rishi, and I believe another couple of weeks after that before it could reach Ord Radama, baring no issues from its trans-galactic journey. The same scenario is generally applicable to every vessel in my command. If the Senate insists, I will attempt to send a ship, at the cost of a severe hinderence of our operational capability here, as quickly as possible to Ord Radama.

Commander Kieran Nadia
Imperial Navy Starfighter Corps

Ponc_GavrisomDate: Monday, 06 Sep 2010, 9:33 PM | Message # 3
Major general
Awards: 3
To: Admiral Nadia
Subject: Requisitioning the Wayward Son
Admiral,

Your recommendations are appreciated, and will be taken into consideration. If there is to be any exploration of Companion Besh, however, I will be reluctant to commit the Second Battle Group to this because, as you noted, all of our other fleets are occupied and I would not want the Republic to go without a reserve fleet that can act in a rapid response role if need be, as the Second currently does. While the Fifth Battle Group remains under review, it seems appropriate to me that it, too, shall be assigned to Companion Besh if or when the time comes. However, it could be that the Fifth might be needed rather soon to engage Prakith. This world has taken belligerent actions against Cato Neimoidia in your absense, and this will require a decisive response from the Republic. But for the time being, you are to continue your exploration.

With regard to the Wayward Son, I'm afraid my feathers are tied on this matter. The Wayward Son's current mission priority is lower than any other Defender-class assault carrier available at the moment, and I cannot in good conscience remove one of the others from a higher priority mission and assign it to explore the Stygian Caldera, which is a lesser priority but an equal one to the exploration of the Rishi Maze. Except that your exploration can proceed without it, and the exploration of the Stygian Caldera cannot. And it is the will of the Senate that the exploration of the Stygian Caldera proceed.

Therefore I ask again that you do what you must to prepare the Wayward Son for immediate departure to Ord Radama. The time table that you've outlined is a reasonable one, and there will be a supply ship at Terminus to replenish its consumables and other supplies as needed. However, do endeavor to trim down the two weeks you have suggested it will take to get in communication with the Wayward Son. This seems improbable. Make it your highest priority, Admiral, above all others. Except for one, that is—that there shall be no intercourse with primitive species that you may encounter. It troubles me that you did not comment upon this in your reply. Please do so, so that I may be assured you've understood the entirety of my message.

Ponc Gavrisom
Chief of State

Message edited by Ponc_Gavrisom - Monday, 06 Sep 2010, 9:34 PM

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » To Admiral Nadia
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz