MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Tuesday
9:49 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » Problems on Druckenwell
Problems on Druckenwell
LomenRyuunDate: Sunday, 12 Sep 2010, 2:32 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant general
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Gentlebeings of the Senate, there is a problem on Druckenwell, and that problem is crime. As Senator Fowlkes has been aware, as I have spoken to him privately, the supposed crime lord, Njon Anjiliac, has declared war for all intents and purposes on Druckenwell. While his direct attacks have not succeed, his insidious attacks on the populace, the rehabilitation clinics and our planetary reputation are, sadly, succeeding. It seems that even justice cannot always overcome human greed.

It is for this reason that I come before you to ask for help. I have need of higher security, as well as the ability to pursue Njon Anjiliac through legal means. Senators, if one world falls to criminal demands, another can too. Think of Druckenwell and then think of your homes. Help us to make a stand.

Lomen Ryuun
Senator, Doldur Sector
Senator, Druckenwell
Representative, Monor II (10 BBY - 9 BBY)
Representative, Geridard
Representative, Boranall
Representative, Therenor Prime
Vice-chairman, Defense Committee (Temporarily suspended)
Controlling Shareholder - Druckenwell Arms Corporation

Artemis_VandenDate: Sunday, 12 Sep 2010, 5:57 PM | Message # 2
Major general
Awards: 0
Of course, saying "I told you so" does no favors for anyone, certainly not for the unfortunate people that are having to cope with this recent problem on Druckenwell. But I can only advise, as I have before, that this is not simply a problem on Druckenwell, but a problem with Druckenwell. Specifically, its drug policy. Time and again, Senator Ryuun, you have resisted common sense drug policies and, as a result, the people of your world have no choice but to turn to criminals and cartels for spice.

To be clear, as I have been before—I do not condone the use of spice, I condemn it. But I cannot legislate morality. People will use spice, whether I condone or condemn it. The only sensible option is to do as Naboo and many worlds do, which is to permit the use and possession of safe varieties of spice that are not addictive. There's no harm done, except to the profit of the cartels. This is why, with all due respect, I do not fear for my world or my home. Indeed, Naboo has historically had one of the lowest crime rates in the Mid Rim.

If you require the assistance of the Republican Guard, I understand and support this. But I feel that a revision to your world's drug policy, Senator, must necessarily be a part of the solution to the problem there. Otherwise, the Republican Guard will be bearing Druckenwell's burden, or, rather, your burden, Senator, for decades to come. This expense of blood and treasure, I feel, can be avoided if you adopt a more pragmatic approach as other worlds do.

Artemis Vanden
Representative of the Naboo

Johannes_OswaldtDate: Sunday, 12 Sep 2010, 7:35 PM | Message # 3
Major general
Awards: 0
I agree that there does need to be a change of Druckenwell's drug policy, but not the "anything goes" policy that Vanden is suggesting. More drugs is not the solution to too many drugs, and with all due respect to Vanden, he's an idiot. Two words, Senator Ryuun. Zero. Tolerance. That's your solution. People won't go buying drugs from some fat, filthy Hutt if they know it'll get them shot by a firing squad, now will they? Problem solved. Of course it might take a few examples to get the point across to the people, but once that point is made no one will dare defy you. Consider, then, having the first few executions be held in public places. Also, a tip: you'll find that you can offset the cost of the firing squad's ammunition by charging admission to the events and inviting local merchants to set up tents to sell food, merchandise, etc.

Johannes Oswaldt
Senator and Governor of Eriadu

LomenRyuunDate: Monday, 13 Sep 2010, 8:59 AM | Message # 4
Lieutenant general
Awards: 1
Senator Vanden, that is what the rehabilitation clinics are intended to help do. They wean addicts from the harsher varieties of spice. But, as you say, perhaps we were too harsh in our anti-drug policies. I simply do not wish to see my people waste their lives in a drug-fueled haze and become nothing more than scum and beggars.

Governor Oswaldt... you have no idea how much I would personally like to see those who have been attacking the innocents and assisting the criminal organizations brought to justice and indeed, executed. However, a policy such as that would not be favored by Druckenwell's people; not by the criminals of course, but not by the majority vote of the common man either.

Lomen Ryuun
Senator, Doldur Sector
Senator, Druckenwell
Representative, Monor II (10 BBY - 9 BBY)
Representative, Geridard
Representative, Boranall
Representative, Therenor Prime
Vice-chairman, Defense Committee (Temporarily suspended)
Controlling Shareholder - Druckenwell Arms Corporation

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » Problems on Druckenwell
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz