MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Thursday
4:21 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » Captain's Log (Captain Aaron Rawls, NRCS "Aphelion")
Captain's Log
Aaron_RawlsDate: Thursday, 15 Jan 2009, 1:44 PM | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
NRCS Aphelion
Captain's Log, 27:07:07

Had some minor engine trouble last night; grav detector matrix is shot and Aphelion is flying blind. Primary power (and life support) is down, and everyone's on edge. Plan is to huff it at sublight toward an old Imperial comsat.. I reckon it should have the part we need, and I'm sure nobody'll mind me borrowing it. I'll just be glad when we get to Coruscant and this whole episode is over; I don't much like Jedi and I'll rest easier when they're off my ship.

I can abide lawmen, since they're just doing their job and getting paid. But Jedi aren't paid at all, so they get in your business out of the kindness of their heart. It's annoying as hell, and they have that obnoxious sort of "holier than thou" attitude because of their flashy Force powers. Granted, these two Jedi seem different than most, but odds are good they'll tip off the feds to our operation as soon as we're in port. I noticed that Davon doesn't seem to get this.. he's more worried about Ki. We'll get her back, that's for damned sure, but the kid needs to understand that our business isn't easy: people come and go, best not to get too attached.

But even if he is attached to her, it'd be nice if he could man up a little so I don't have to hear about it so much. We have a job to do.. and on that note, I'd best get to it. Rawls, out.

Added (15 Jan 2009, 2:41 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
NRCS Aphelion
Captain's Log, 30:07:07

Ran into a bit of trouble in the form of an Imp destroyer; seems they didn't take kindly to us borrowing their equipment afterall. Nothing serious though, saved the ship and the crew and got slapped for my trouble, but that's okay since I probably deserved it. I'm just relieved we're back on Coruscant with a hold full of hard earned credits... looks like we'll need it to get Aphelion spaceworthy again (the repair job on the primary generator looks like it'll be a little more involved than I thought, and Doohan tells me the catalyzer is fried too, so that's just swell).

In the meantime, I'll be asking around to see if any of my old contacts can dig up Daegar's whereabouts. There's a lot of information to be had on Coruscant, it's just a matter of talking to the right people. Problem is that I have more enemies than friends here, and it's not always easy to tell them apart. I'm getting a bad feeling about this whole thing, but I guess any trouble I might run into is worth it to spite Ghalf and get Ki back from him. Rawls, out.

Added (15 Jan 2009, 2:42 Pm)
NRCS Afternoon Delight
Captain's Log, 07:09:07

Coruscant's getting a might hot these days, and I don't mean the weather. Presently grounded in the underlevels w/ false transponder; hiding it'd be fair to say. Broke Percy out of prison with some stunning heroics (and explosions), not to mention some creative flying on my part. Still, did have a close call with one of the highrises and probably took some paint off the hull, so it's nice to have a real pilot back aboard.

Truth be told, I don't mind being grounded a couple days.. gives me a chance to go over a diagnostic check with Doohan and figure on the parts/repairs we need. Fixed the primary generator last week but the catalyzer is still shot, though I've lined up a payoff sure to afford us a new one. It'll be nice not to have to route the ignition through the compression c.s. generator anymore.. that's an accident waiting to happen.

Still, the payoff is hard-earned. It's one of the riskier jobs I've ever worked and odds are good we'll end up getting Tanked again. Kolbrun's the sort of employer who'll skimp out on your payment come the end of the day (found that out the hard way.. twice). Even so, the man says he can find out where Daegar Ghalf is holed up, and any chance of getting Kijari back is worth the risk.

Couple more days and the heat should be off enough I can put back into port, just in time for this job. Then at least I can shut down the transponder so we can be Aphelion again.

Meanwhile, I'm going to try to find out what smells so bad in the cargo bay.

Added (15 Jan 2009, 2:43 Pm)
NRCS Aphelion
Captain's Log, 12:09:07

Pulled off the heist exactly as planned.. well, more or less. Turns out the entire thing was a bit pointless, since Kijari apparently found her way back to the ship while Percy and I were out on the job, and since the whole idea of the job was to find Kijari and get her back. That sort of thing could usually render a man a might peevish, but on the other hand I figure we have pretty good cause to celebrate.

Afterall, now that Kijari's back we don't need the information from Tank.. which means we can keep his merchandise and turn a cozy profit on it our own selves. I'm sure we'll find a buyer on the Rim who'll be keen on purchasing a priceless antique pistol at a discounted price. Is that honest? Probably not. But neither is getting Tanked when Kolbrun decides to take his merchandise and leave me and my crew to stare down the barrel of a lawgiver.

Besides, Tank's screwed me and Percy twice now. It'll be nice to return the favor just this once. All the same though, it earns us another enemy (on top of Loran, who didn't seem so keen on us taking his favorite toy). Hell, even the NRI is looking into the breakout job we pulled last week. I reckon it's only a matter of time before they figure it out and drop the hammer on Aphelion.. which means we need to get off Coruscant right quick and gun it to the Rim.

Actually, I have a good idea where we're going. Percy isn't going to like it, and neither do I. But that's life.

Added (15 Jan 2009, 2:43 Pm)
NRCS Aphelion
Captain's Log 24:09:07

Glad to finally be off Coruscant.. gunned it this evening and probably raised hell with ground control, but no matter. The fact we left in a hurry is probably going to make the NRI a might suspicious; had a lawman show up at the ship the other day (a colonel no less), asking questions about Percy. I do believe I made that man angry.

Don't get me wrong.. it's usually best not to mess with the law, though at times it can be hilarious.

Still, that means the NRI is definitely onto us, on top of all our other enemies. Just one more reason to be glad we're off Coruscant and on our way to parts distant.. even if I do feel like I'm leaving something behind. Oh well, at least we have the merchandise; that's most important.

Oh, and I figured out that stench in the cargo bay. It was one of Davon's damn gizka stuck behind a bulkhead. Thing must have been dead for weeks; smelled like hell. I launched it out the airlock. Good riddance.

Added (15 Jan 2009, 2:44 Pm)
NRCS Aphelion
Captain's Log 16:11:07

Been parked on Ryloth for damn near two weeks now and still no job and no buyer for our merchandise. I've asked around the local cantinas as quiet like as I can, and the word is that any work that's worth to be had can be found in the Corporate Sector. Truth be told, that suits me just fine; sitting in port this long is making the crew a might restless and I'll be glad to be on our merry.

On the other hand, Percy and I ain't exactly welcome company in the Corporate Sector (had a run-in with lawmen thereabouts.. exchanged a few words, and a few punches here and there). Still, that was a long time ago and nothing buys bygones quicker than hard cash. Besides, the CSA are suits by trade so I reckon they'd have to be reasonable about that kind of thing. It's just business afterall; everybody wins except the poor bastards they have slaving in their foundries.

Meanwhile, seems we have somebody new onboard; an old friend of Ki's who's apparently done got herself in trouble with a bounty hunter. Instinct tells me she's trouble, but then again instinct also told me it was a good idea to take a shot of that cheap whiskey that Doohan's been distilling in the engine room for the last few weeks. Bad call. In any case, supposing she doesn't bring this hunter down on me or my crew, I've told her she's welcome as far as Bonadan.

Assuming Doohan's work on the stabilizer will hold (and that's a big if right there), then we can finally be off this rock first thing tomorrow.

Aaron Rawls
Captain of the Aphelion
Smuggler, Scoundrel (occasional "Baron")

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » Captain's Log (Captain Aaron Rawls, NRCS "Aphelion")
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz