MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Monday
1:42 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » An assault
An assault
Exar_RayDate: Sunday, 01 Feb 2009, 7:25 PM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Members of the Galactic Senate, a crisis has befolded us this very moment. I have receieved numerous reports that a PDS ship that was attached to an Imperial Battlegroup, was exploded in Dantooine's orbit. As I speak with you right now, numerous crops are becoming contaminated with radiation from this vessel's reactors, and no doubt have a couple dozen people been confirmed death by poisoning. This I will not allow to stand. However, I praise the professionalism and the training of the Dantooine Militia, as we managed to successfully drive off this invader, with the help and effective coordinating with New Republic military personal and IMC security forces, sending the Imperials limping back. I can only mourn these deaths caused by this PDS ship. I would advice all my fellow members to consider any PDS piece of equipment a threat and to immediately block it off from any aid. I ask for the Chief of State to, for the time being, break off a portion of one of our Republic fleets, and send it to Dantooine as the Khoonda Administration begins an emergancy session on how to clean up this mess.

Exar Ray
Senator of Dantooine

Simon_LeviDate: Monday, 02 Feb 2009, 2:24 PM | Message # 2
Major general
Awards: 3
Honoured Senator Ray,

My heart truly does bleed at the suffering encountered by your people, I pray you good fortune and will instruct my subordinates to dispatch such aid as we are able to assist in the decontamination of your planet.

I urge the Chief of State to issue an arrest warrant for Dustil Sushere and all the co-conspirators at “Patriot”, who it seems have fallen in with the Galactic Empire in some morbid alliance.

While the damage is largely already done, we hope that with the best minds of the Republic driving this program, things will improve. We also believe perhaps full scans of the world should now be published, so the markets may be aware of the exact extent of agricultural damage and share values can react.

I congratulate heartily the people of Dantooine on sending the Imperials limping back to their space, pray tell, is there a quote on casualties as yet? Perhaps interrogating prisoners would be useful.

I am cautious about supporting deploying more men to Dantooine, as Senator Ray and others pointed out with reference to the recent affairs, redeploying New Republic forces elsewhere would impact the Security of the Core, can we imagine how much more severe an attack like this could have been on a densely populated agricultural world, such as a Neimoidian purse world! Even so, I do not oppose sending a force from the local battlegroup, atleast in the short term to give the New Republic some visibility, but don’t see it as an efficient use of men to keep them there permenantly.

I do feel though that perhaps some affordable defense solution should be researched, or if the Khoonda wishes to produce some pickets or other vessels to help defend it, we will be more than happy to produce them at cost-price.

Senator Kruus of Cato Neimoidia

Moff of the Tammuz Sector

Tremaine_FowlkesDate: Monday, 02 Feb 2009, 3:15 PM | Message # 3
Colonel general
Awards: 0
Senator Ray,

It is unfortunate this kind of incident happened to your world. The government of Mowgle would be more than willing to lend a hand to Dantooine in any ways that would help either with the protection or with decontamination of your planet.

Due to the attack imposed upon Dantooine by the Imperials, I would recommend upgrading the defense of the planet with so many pro-Imperial worlds nearby. In addition to that, we should find out which faction is behind this attack and arrest them.

Tremaine Fowlkes,
Senator of Mowgle

Tremaine Fowlkes
Senator of Telos IV

Eli_FitzgeraldDate: Monday, 02 Feb 2009, 8:50 PM | Message # 4
Major general
Awards: 1
To inform the Senate, I had a crisis meeting this afternoon with Senator Ray and members of the Defense Council and NRI, and we feel that we're now apprised of the situation. This morning (standard Coruscant time), a small fleet of Imperial warships, and vessels belonging to and identifying themselves as those of the mercenary group Patriot Defense Services, intruded upon Dantooine's orbit with the apparent intent to plummet one of the larger vessels into the atmosphere.

We can now confirm what Senator Ray has said, that the ship did indeed break up in the atmosphere and that radiation from its reactors are now believed to be contaminating crops on the planet on a massive, possibly planetary scale. We can't confirm the precise number of Imperial or PDS ships, except to say that they were withdrawn as Dantooine and Republic vessels were scrambled to intercept them. I would also join with Senator Ray in praising his Khoonda militia, the IMC, and the brave New Republic starfighter pilots on the planet for their timely response.

As of this hour, elements of the 4th Battle Group will have arrived at Dantooine to assess and secure the planet and to give whatever assistance they can. Make no mistake; Dantooine is hurting, and all of us as a Republic are hurting with it, not simply because of a potential shortage of foodstuffs, but because when any one of our worlds suffer, we all suffer. When any one planet is attacked, it is a threat upon us all. I want the people of Dantooine to know that we stand in solidarity with them now, as we have before and as we always will, and the New Republic will give whatever aid is necessary in the decontamination of crops and the treatment of those affected, starting immediately.

We are still getting the casualty reports, and as of now we can only estimate somewhere in excess of 100 innocent sentients killed. But let it be said that among the casualties of this attack was our complacency, which too died this morning. As Senator Fowlkes has suggested, and as the dead and their relatives duly demand, we will confirm who was responsible for this act of maniacal terrorism, and we will retaliate. May the Force guide and protect us in this endeavor.

I invite General Cracken of the NRI to make a statement to the Senate on fleet numbers, casualties and fallout, as the data becomes available over the coming hours.

Eli Fitzgerald
Chief of State

Eli Fitzgerald
Senator of Ralltiir (10 BBY—Present)

"I was elected to do some flamethrowing in the Senate. To a light a fire under those Senators and make it hot for them."

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » An assault
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz