MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Monday
7:14 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » Extraordinary Rendition (The Interrogation of Treylon Voss)
Extraordinary Rendition
Agent_BlountDate: Sunday, 02 May 2010, 2:04 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Awards: 1
An unassuming, old Barloz-class freighter sat nestled in the bucolic Mandalorian town of Norg Bral as the sun began to recede from the sky, coloring the freighter, the town, and the sky a brilliant orange. It was quiet, but the quiet belied a task of dire significance being carried out in Norg Bral this evening—the interrogation of the suspected mass murderer Treylon Voss, apprehended by New Republic Intelligence on Tatooine only hours before. It was a curious arrangement that had brought Voss here, to Mandalore; there were certain interrogation techniques that the Republic was not willing (and not legally permitted) to use. The Mandalorians were not so constrained.

Officially, the NRI was simply passing through Mandalore on its way to deliver Voss to a holding facility elsewhere. Officially, they had stopped on the planet to refuel their ship and assess its engines for possible sand damage. Officially, the Mandalorians had been asked simply to detain Voss for the night. Unofficially, the Republic wanted answers and the Mandalorians promised to deliver them. Fenn Shysa, in fact, had told the NRI that he had just the Mandalorians in mind—Jabo'a Mereel and Zuthus Bralor.

Gregory Blount
Imperial Intelligence

Zuthus_BralorDate: Sunday, 09 May 2010, 11:16 PM | Message # 2
Sergeant
Awards: 0
Bralor was in no mood to do an interrogation. He had been taken from a game of Cu'bikad in which his youngest daughter was playing. His mood was a bit foul but his duty to his people compelled him to do so since of course he saw relations with the Republic, no matter how small of grave importance. Bralor along with the young femme fatale and local socialite by the name of Metia walked up to Colonel Blount and gave him a hearty Mandolorian greeting.

"Welcome to Norg Bral, I trust our accommodations will be to your satisfaction." Bralor exclaimed. "This here is one of our cities citizens, her name is Metia she specializes in, how shall I say this... entertaining our foreign friends. She and her friends would like to help you enjoy the sights while you are here."

Metia walked up to the NRI agent and sized him up a bit. She held out her hand and shook his in both a firm yet somehow loving and perhaps a little flirty fashion. "My my you NRI agents sure have a strong grips. I wonder if you can use that strength to actually pin me down." She said with a playful tease.

Zuthus stepped in and spoke to Blount to the side. "Now just what is it that I'm asking our prisoner?"

Agent_BlountDate: Tuesday, 11 May 2010, 7:40 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant
Colonel Blount was not present himself on Mandalore. It would, rather, be two men that would greet Zuthus; Roland, the gunner, and the other one referred to only as "Captain." They certainly didn't look like government agents; they were dressed in simple, spacer's clothing, as well as the gloves, goggles, and scarves they'd worn as a precaution when dealing with Voss and his potential to release deadly pathogens. It was, perhaps, only their conservatively short haircuts that gave them away as government men, although they'd still not gotten all of the sand out of their hair or, for that matter, their boots. It had been a tough fight to capture Voss—a fight which saw one of their friends killed. The Captain explained this to Zuthus while a giddy Roland disappeared into Norg Bral with Metia.

"What we need to know," the Captain said to Zuthus, "is how he killed those people, why he did it, and who he's working with, or for. Be careful though, friend. He's a Jedi, or a Sith or something. We've got him on a sedative so he can't pull anything fancy on you, we think. Good luck, Mr. Bralor. Let's hope we can put these bastards away for a long time." He patted the Mandalorian on the shoulder and then went back inside the freighter. It had been a hard fight and a long flight, and he needed some sleep. He also had a letter he felt compelled to write to Sarous's mother on Iridonia, who deserved to know that her son had died doing something worthwhile.

Gregory Blount
Imperial Intelligence

Message edited by Colonel_Blount - Tuesday, 11 May 2010, 7:40 PM

Jaboa_MereelDate: Tuesday, 06 Jul 2010, 1:45 AM | Message # 4
Lieutenant
Ja'boa Mereel strode through the camp, wearing his distinctive armor, accompanied by several of his Taraq'Qualim. The massive Mandalorian warriors, the best the Mereels had to offer we slowly gaining a reputation with their constant presence around their Chieftain. He was taking over for Zuthus, who he gave a pat on the back to as he walked back to his house. "Thank you, old friend, for the use of your village in this." he said. He then nodded to the NRI agents. "Good to see at least part of the Republic is willing to use us." he said to them as his men took posession of Voss. They led the currently drugged man, and led him away to a discreet building. It was a house, converted into a small, one cell supermaximum security prison. At the center of it, in the basement, sat the room in which Voss was put. For ten minutes, his breath mask was removed, and he was beaten, between fists and use of blunt objects, the two massive Taraq'Qualim, each standing at seven feet tall and weighing over three hundred pounds each of solid, athletic muscle. Once they were finished, they put his breath mask back on, ensuring he survived the ordeal by also putting it back on at various times.

When Ja'boa entered, four more of the Taraq'Qualim entered, holding Mandalorian Heavy Repeaters. They took to the four corners of the room and trained their weapons on Voss. Ja'boa took a seat across from Voss, these being the only two seats in the room. The only difference between the two seat was that Voss was completely restrained by braces. Both chairs were made of Mandalorian Iron, with Voss' seat also having several wires connected to it. Should he need to, he would resort to shocking him. "Inject him." he ordered to one of the Taraq'Qualim that were beating him just moments ago. He would be given a shot of adrenelin. Enough to wake him up. He would also be given a shot of OV600, a truth serum that would induce a painful rash upon his skin were he to lie. If need be, he was ready to use other chemicals, such as Bavo Six, to make him cooperate, which would causes hallucinations and paranoia at the introduction of the chemicals within the brain associated with lying. Meanwhile, the other fit him with a neural disruptor, which kept him from being to exert much of his Force powers, essentially anything that wasn't associated with staying alive, not without much difficulty, and considering his current state of being, it was unlikely he would be able to focus enough to do so in the first place. Once this was done, he spoke to him. "My name is irrelevant. All you need to know, is that you are here with me, and I merely wish for the answer of a few question. I will be able to tell if you are lying. If you lie, or don't give an answer I don't like, or refuse to answer...well, you can use your imagination, can't you? I must tell you now, there isn't a think I am not willing to do to you to get the information I need, so let's make this a pleasent and educational experience shall we?:" he said, very serious, but also, almost cheery. He adjusted for a second to get into a comfortable position in the chair, and nodded to one of the assistant Taraq'Qualim, who began recording the iinterrogation. "Now, what did you use in your biological attack on Dantooine?" he asked him.

Alor'ad Jabo'a Mereel
Striil Ori'ramikade

TreylonVossDate: Tuesday, 06 Jul 2010, 7:20 AM | Message # 5
Lieutenant
voss was a nihilist; there were very few things he cared about and pain was something he had more than come to accept. beating him was hardly a way to break him. all it would succeed in doing was contaminating the room with his blood and likely the men in it, providing they were not wearing protective equipment.

the adrenaline brought him back more towards the conscious side, an item that was helpful in his benefit. oh, how he wished he could extrude the force upon his enemies! yet, it was a benefit his captors could not know; that nobody knew. his subconscious mind routed the force through him, not his conscious, and thusly was he kept alive. their fancy truth serum was not a natural effective on his body, unlike the the adrenaline and sedatives which altered natural chemicals. the nature of his disease, so to speak, would instead purge the serum, rendering it ineffective, though they would not know.

"not an attack," he murmured. "accident... body released... toxins.."

Jaboa_MereelDate: Tuesday, 06 Jul 2010, 9:37 AM | Message # 6
Lieutenant
The Mandalorians were fine, as they were wearing their helmets, and their suits were sealed. They could in fact jump into vacuum at this moment. Thus, his body would not effect them. Ja'boa looked at him curiously. "So, you're saying that Dantooine was an accident?" he asked him, rhetorically. He nodded to the two assistants who proceed to remove the covers on his hands. They then each took a set of pliars and removed the fingernails from his thumbs. "I highly doubt this was a byproduct of your body, and if it was an accident, you could have come forward and helped. You wouldn't of resisted arrest either. Guilty actions are not those of an innocent man. I'll ask you again..what did you use in your biological attack?" he said to him.

Alor'ad Jabo'a Mereel
Striil Ori'ramikade

TreylonVossDate: Wednesday, 04 Aug 2010, 2:43 AM | Message # 7
Lieutenant
they just didn't seem to get the fact that pain was not going to be a persuasive item in this interrogation. they might, if they were smart enough, get a possible sign of it when he took the nail extraction without blinking. who knows? perhaps, for all they knew, he didn't feel pain at all.

at the mandalorian's words, voss laughed, shaking his head. "i see why the new republic has imbiciles doing their work. you obviously didn't even search a database for me, did you, mandalorian? nobody wants a plaguebearer on their world, especially one who lost control briefly and caused so many deaths.

"and coming forward? you should be smart enough to know that hutt senator would have exploited me as a weapon. resiting arrest? ha! i can claim i work for the new republic and use a gang to apprehend people too. on tatooine, either you stay on top of things or you die. i wasn't about to submit to possible fake soldiers.

"once more, it was my body that did this. why don't you take a blood test instead of wasting both our times? i'm an innocent man, so unless you have some cold hard facts, i'd like to speak to a representative of the new republic."

Added (04 Aug 2010, 3:43 Am)
---------------------------------------------
(ooc) if there are any problems with this post, please let me know. i made a notification about a week back about the four-day rule. (/ooc)

despite the brutal interogation methods utilized by the mandalorians, despite their drugs and slightly inept interrogation techniques, voss had not broken. he had not deviated an inch from his story. there was nothing left to do but to return him, in slightly battered shape, to his new republic captors.

even the new republic could not hold him legally. oh, they wanted to, odds were good, but justice prevailed in voss' favor in this case. he was quite heavily warned to remain away from populated areas under penalty of death though; his fate to be an outcast, exiled amongst the lightly-settled planets of the outer rim.

he was to be dropped at tatooine where he'd been abducted from.

Agent_BlountDate: Thursday, 05 Aug 2010, 11:46 PM | Message # 8
Lieutenant

"Well, at least we got some wine and women out of it," Roland mused on the way back to Taris the following day. Voss was heavily sedated again and tucked away in one of the rooms in their Barloz-class freighter. The Mandalorians had handed him back after four hours of interrogation, having obtained absolutely no information. But this wasn't from want of trying—it seemed that the Mandalorians, true to form, had pulled out all the stops in the interrogation; OV600, lacerations in the face, broken bones in the hands, even finger and toe nails pulled out in circumstances that the Captain didn't doubt hadn't exactly been clinical. Voss hadn't apparently found any of it persuasive.

The Captain shook his head. "We certainly had a better night than our suspect did," he agreed, drily. He didn't like handing over someone in his custody and care to be tortured, especially not in the way the Mandalorians had gone about it. But he had no illusions about the line of work he was in.

"So, Taris?" Roland asked.

"Yes," the Captain nodded, "Coruscant says the Jedi are sending someone there to meet us."

"Think the Jedi can ID the guy?"

"Maybe," the Captain shrugged, "Should be able to tell us something about him, I hope."

"Like why he's still alive with all those known diseases inside him?"

"Yeah, or else the doctors can tell us that. He's going to need a lot of medical attention when we get to Taris."

And he did receive it. When they landed on Taris a day later, Voss, still sedated, was treated at an NRI safehouse on the planet and, in the process, was administered an interrogation drug that was derived from Bavo Six, with Bavo Six's power to stimulate cooperation but none of its associated pain enhancing effects. It did no good. However it was that Voss's body was regulating the diseases within it, it was also regulating the chemicals that the Mandalorians and, now, the NRI had attempted to use. And so Voss was given bacta treatments for his wounds and, as soon as he was deemed conscious, was officially read his rights and informed that he was in New Republic custody on Taris awaiting trial for the deaths of the dozens killed in the Dantooine plague.

The Captain and Roland, by now, were long gone. Roland caught a passenger liner back to Coruscant, while the Captain returned the Barloz-class freighter to the dealership on Bonadan where he'd rented it under a false name some weeks ago and then he, too, would eventually make his way to Coruscant. Back on Taris, Voss would be placed under light sedation—enough to make it difficult for him to concentrate and use the Force, but not difficult to communicate—as he waited in an interrogation room for whatever Jedi that Yavin had sent to question him.

Gregory Blount
Imperial Intelligence

Message edited by Colonel_Blount - Thursday, 05 Aug 2010, 11:48 PM

TreylonVossDate: Sunday, 08 Aug 2010, 7:10 AM | Message # 9
Lieutenant
so, the jedi were to question him. the prospect gave voss a sliver of amusement. it was a good thing they kept him pumped full of the same mixture of sedatives for the most part; his body would build up a tolerance and then an immunity over time.

for now, he was content to sit and rest.

Jace_VaritekDate: Sunday, 08 Aug 2010, 10:18 PM | Message # 10
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
It would develop more than just an immunity—it would develop dependence. Jace wasn't a doctor by any means, but he'd picked up enough rudimentary knowledge of wound treatment in the Rebellion to know that sedatives should be used sparingly. Voss had been treated with high doses over a sustained period of time, and no doubt when this was over he would find himself compelled to take more, and more, and more. Jace told this angrily to the bureau chief as he browsed over the medical report upon arriving on Taris. In fact, this was only one of Jace's many full throated objections to the way Voss had been treated. The doctors seemed sympathetic, but weren't at liberty to discuss much else than his current condition. They did assure him that they would change the type of sedative periodically.

This assignment had intrigued him at first, when he was told that the NRI had in its custody a suspect believed to be Force sensitive. The NRI had contacted the Academy, requesting assistance in questioning him, and Jace had been on Bandomeer, near to Taris, to retrieve his X-wing following the recent incident on Krayiss II. It was convenient for everyone. But even if he was indeed intrigued at the many diseases found inside the man and the assumption that the Force might be involved in regulating them, he was also appalled at how the NRI, or whoever had captured him in the first place, had treated him. Jace had shaken off most his agitation on the way to the holding room where Voss waited, however, and he entered it with a blank expression on his face. But his mind was working, as if holding up to the light all of the thoughts and emotions he could sense from Voss. No doubt, Voss would be doing the same.

"My name is Jace Varitek," he said as he seated himself opposite Voss at the table, "I'm a Jedi Knight. And you are?" He paid close attention to the man's reactions. There certainly was an odd sense about him, as if even in this sedated condition, the Force was at work within him. He reminded himself to study this in closer detail in a few moments, once he had Voss talking.

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

TreylonVossDate: Tuesday, 10 Aug 2010, 2:23 AM | Message # 11
Lieutenant
contrary to what jace might assume, voss was actually not trying to sense any emotions from the man. it was not out of laziness or uncaring nature; no, voss simply was incapable of using the force in that manner. what jace could well discern from him was a sort of weariness and a tinge of amusement, if anything.

"a pleasure to make your acquaintance, mister varitek. i've met some strange people in my life, but i can't say i've ever spoken with a real jedi knight before. my name is treylon voss, and i can only assume that you've been sent here to converse with me. presumably, it will be a less painful conversation than i had with the mandalorians.

"so what can i do for you?"

Jace_VaritekDate: Friday, 13 Aug 2010, 9:23 PM | Message # 12
Generalissimo
"I was asked here, yes," he made the slight distinction. He seemed a bit distant however, as indeed he was—his mind was working on two tracks; one, focusing on Treylon Voss, his emotions, and that strange sense within him, and two, parcing the man's words for important information. There wasn't much, except that he'd not spoken with a Jedi Knight before, or, at least, no one who had identified himself as a Jedi Knight. With so many former Jedi out there—Kenas Annig, Drasek Cale, Brakiss, and others—and with the tortuous history of other former Jedi like Darwin, Desann, and Dal Konur, whenever Jace encountered Force sensitive individuals like Voss with no known connections to the Jedi Academy he always suspected, in the back of his mind, the complicity of a former student.

Brakiss was still out there somewhere, his thirst for blood apparently not quenched with the millions he killed on Almania. Drasek Cale might be alive, might be dead. Who knew? Then there was Kenas who, the last Jace had heard of his old friend, had become a mercenary on the Outer Rim. But it would be uncharacteristic of him, or Drasek for that matter, to fall in with a man like Voss. Jace lamented to himself that the Academy was not better at restraining the worst instincts and passions of its students, so that he would need not doubt his old friends and peers. But he admonished himself, then, not to come to conclusions so soon. It was possible that Voss indeed hadn't encountered a Jedi, as he claimed. Jace had sensed that he wasn't lying, but that didn't mean he wasn't mincing his words.

But Voss was certainly Force sensitive—Jace had a better sense of that feeling inside the man, now. The Force was indeed busy inside of him, but there was no sensation of the Force being manipulated, being willed, as it was when someone "used" the Force. It was almost as if Voss were using the Force without knowing it. One thing was for sure, from the man's medical record; he should be dead. Perhaps, then, the Force was the reason he wasn't. Suddenly he wished that Master Solusar were here. She was far more knowledgeable than Jace about such things.

The Mandalorians, Jace thought solemnly. Had they done this? He shouldn't be surprised, he supposed. The Mandalorians didn't exactly have the most sterling reputation. He shook the thought from his mind and returned to the issue at hand. "Well," he said, "You can tell me how it is you happened to be on Tatooine at the same time that an anonymous individual on that planet who claimed responsibility for the release of the plague on Dantooine—a plague comprised of several of the diseases inside your body, and was released in locations on Dantooine where you were known to be—demanded that the Chief of State give him a crate of credits to make it stop."

"Would you like to admit to this?" Jace asked him, "Or do you maintain that you're a victim of what is surely one of the largest coincidences in the history of ever?"

Jace Varitek

—John Maynard Keynes

TreylonVossDate: Saturday, 14 Aug 2010, 7:56 AM | Message # 13
Lieutenant
"To begin with, Mr. Varitek, I can safely say that I have never had a quarrel with the New Republic. I may be an outcast from them, this is true, but it has always been a self-imposed exile. I wish the New Republic well in their endeavors and I let it be there.

"There are groups though, that seem to be problematic. Groups I cannot abide. Groups, I'll admit, I may have wrongly attempted to track down and ruin. I have made some enemies from that. The Lucian Alliance on Taris... the Hutt Cartel in various places. Leftover pockets of Black Sun, though they don't use that name any longer. You might consider me a vigilante, Mr. Varitek.

"I was tracking elements of the Hutt Cartel on Dantooine. There was something there... something that in interrupted the Force. It was devious... I did not notice it until some time had passed. Like a leech. That was what happened on Dantooine. As for coincidence? Hardly. I believe I am being set up."

Jace_VaritekDate: Saturday, 21 Aug 2010, 2:28 PM | Message # 14
Generalissimo
Jace remained closely tuned to the permutations in the Force that accompanied his words and his thoughts as he spoke. "I have never had a quarrel with the New Republic." True. "I wish the Republic well in their endeavors and I let it be." True enough. "There are groups I cannot abide. The Lucian Alliance, the Hutt Cartel, Black Sun." True. "You might consider me a vigilante, Mr. Varitek." False, if only because Jace came to no conclusions yet. Voss seemed to consider himself a vigilante, however, and in this sense his statement was true. "I was tracking down elements of the Hutt Cartel on Dantooine." Here, things were far more ambiguous. Jace had the feeling that Voss could well be lying and he wouldn't be able to sense it from him. But he didn't have to, necessarily; all he had to sense was what was different from the truth. This was different from the truth. It was hard to know much else, however, since he changed the subject so quickly to the supposed "disturbance in the Force" that he had sensed on Dantooine from "some time" ago. This was certainly true, for it had been recently discovered that Jamulon Tiure had been keeping ysalamiri in vaults beneath Garang, the capital of Dantooine. When the Senate passed a law against this the Hutt had been compelled to remove the ysalamiri, and Jace remembered seeing it on TriNebulon News.

But did Jace believe this was the reason that Voss had gone to Dantooine? No. Jace sighed. "You must have some very cunning enemies," he said, "to frame you so completely as to use exactly the viruses and compounds inside your body, and to release them in all of the places you happened to be. And speaking of those places, that's another curious thing, isn't it? You went into—" he glanced at a file that had been provided to him—"four bars and three restaurants, crowded places, and never ordered anything to eat or drink. And quite a few of the patrons, and later victims, told the police that they remembered a tall and pale human with a breath mask carelessly bumping into them." The Jedi's tone of voice was not sarcastic, as it might have seemed, but was rather a dispassionate recounting of the facts. "As far as they can tell," Jace said, still looking at the file, "it seems you were the only person who visited all of the places the plague was known to originate from." He looked up at Voss for a long moment, but said nothing.

Jace Varitek

—John Maynard Keynes

TreylonVossDate: Saturday, 21 Aug 2010, 3:16 PM | Message # 15
Lieutenant
"You have no idea how cunning, Mr. Varitek... or how ruthless."

Voss' voice dropped slightly as he spoke. He expected that the Jedi would be monitoring him through the Force. If the Knight had not, Voss would have almost been disappointed. It was an interesting game of cat and mouse and Voss had the distinct feeling that to survive and eventually gain freedom, he might actually have to go so far as to tell the truth... or at least the truth as he saw it. It was a difference of matter there; the fine line between self-belief and actual truth. If a colorblind man could not see red, then he might well believe a stop light to be a different color. It all came down to perception.

"I do not partake of food or drink in public places, Mr. Varitek. It is troublesome to remove the breath mask and replace it and, more often than not, it tends to draw more prying eyes than I enjoy, especially when it is off. People fear the sickly and infirm. It is a natural, subconscious aversion that I have become used to... but it does not mean I enjoy it. As for people bumping into one another? I suppose I could apologize for having to move quickly. Perhaps you should watch the security cameras more closely. I had the feeling I was being followed while doing the following.

"If indeed it strikes you that I was the only person, perhaps you should say that I am the only person who stands out rather distinctly."

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » Extraordinary Rendition (The Interrogation of Treylon Voss)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz