MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Friday
4:26 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » A meeting of Chance
A meeting of Chance
Eislen_ZarackDate: Wednesday, 05 May 2010, 9:51 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
Awards: 0
He was a desirable man with chiseled features, jet black hair just slightly unkempt (by design), blue eyes that could pierce even ice, and a smile to melt it. At least that was what the women said. The only thing that could have made him better was wealth and power; and he had those too. His name was Eislen Zarack and he was the owner and CEO of Zarack Medical, a company specializing in bionic replacements for otherwise hopeless amputees.

Eislen had built the company from the ground up starting small in Theed on Naboo and expanding his way onto three worlds. The largest facility had naturally been located on Coruscant and had been molded into more of a military hospital during the war. Business had been booming during the war but now a sharp decline in sales had the CEO looking for new means of fortune.

Expanding into state of the art medication seemed the only logical choice but Eislen new better than to think that he could just assume his way into the field just because he had been a pioneer in the bionic technology industry. Philanthropy would have to suffice for now and though he hated the thought of working for nothing a small part of him felt almost good about it. What he needed was a bleeding heart to lean on, a means to an end.

The Senate was the natural place to start because, while the Senators themselves were notoriously uncaring about their constituents, getting a foot in that door would inevitably lead to someone with a sob story knocking on his, and of course a male Senator would not do; that was just simply out of character for a man of Eislen’s nature.

It was through this train of though that he found himself walking down a crowded hallway full of offices off to the left and right in search of one particular one. A Senator he had been told was the perfect place to start. When he reached the door with the correct number he paused, adjusted his tie, smoothed the wrinkles off his trousers and put on his most charming smile. He knocked politely and, without waiting for a response, opened the door and peeked inside.

“Excuse me” he said in a carefully modulated voice. “I do hope I am not disturbing anyone. I am looking for Senator Cerra?” He finished with a return to his roguish smile.

Eislen Zarack
Owner, CEO
Zarack Medical

Janar_CerraDate: Sunday, 09 May 2010, 1:14 PM | Message # 2
Major general
Ja'nar Cerra was known as the senate's bleeding heart. The young woman would help almost anyone with any sort of project they wished to be funded. She just could not help herself it seemed. She wanted to help everyone she could, she actually cared about the people who she represented and those who she did not in the galaxy, she just often wished more were like her.

Senator Cerra was not well known though in the senate chambers while she read over each motion, each new law that the others wished she pass she could not deal with the childish bickering back and forth. She also could not deal with the cold impersonal atmosphere within the Senate Chambers. Not as if her office was any better at the moment. The outer office was almost empty, there was only a simple black desk sitting in the center of the small room. No one sat behind it though, off to one side though, sitting in the far corner was a grumpy looking old man with gray hair and deep blue eyes. He would grunt in repsonse to the man with the roguish smile nodding towards the door that lead into the inner office of Senator Cerra.

Ja'nar's inner office was a bit more inviting than the outer office had been, everything seemed be painted in a soft golden light from the lamps that were placed throughout. There were not pictures on the walls, no photos of family or friend's smiling facing placed on the bookshelves or on her desk. There was a single, lonely little plant near the wall of windows that sat behind the young senator, that had the most beautiful little yellow flowers on it. As for the desk itself, it was large and clear of clutter. Her data pad sat infront of her and she was currently typing away, writing a letter to an old friend though her friends were not truly friends but people who wanted something from her.

Ja'nar Cerra
Queen of Garos IV
Acting Senator to the Republic, Garos IV

Eislen_ZarackDate: Tuesday, 11 May 2010, 6:44 PM | Message # 3
Private
Eislen had not been in many Senators’ offices so he could not safely say that it was peculiar for an old man to be sitting in the corner of the foyer as if he was a child in trouble, but it did strike him odd. He hid the furrowing of his brows with a nod in thanks and started for the door.

The man having taken attention away from the rest of the outer office cause Eislen to gloss over the decorum, thus he paid little attention to the fact that the office looked completely unused. He reached the door without incident (though he did throw a couple of curious looks over his shoulder at the slumped man) and opened it. Reforming his previous image he poked his head in the door and said again.

“Excuse me. I do hope I am not disturbing anyone. I am looking for Senator Cerra?” He finished with a return to his roguish smile

Eislen Zarack
Owner, CEO
Zarack Medical

Janar_CerraDate: Wednesday, 19 May 2010, 12:12 PM | Message # 4
Major general
Sorry! Didn't see your post!)

The older man tipped his hat so that it covered his eyes. He could careless about the child who had just walked into the office, as long as he did not start any foolishness.

The lovely, petite woman that was known as Ja'nar Cerra sat behind a simple dark brown desk, it was clean for the most part, just a few files sitting on a corner. The office was void of most things, except there was a small side table along the far wall, that held a kettle and a few designer mugs. She would look up from her datapad, a few strands of loose hair falling into her face as she brings a hand up to brush them back behind her ear, her eyes coming to meet his for a moment before a small smile forms. "You are not disturbing" she says softly as she moved to stand up, the midnight blue gown falling into place around her as she moves around to the side of the desk, "I am Senator Cerra" she says in a soft, gentle voice. Ja'nar often came across as a very shy, timid person, but those close to her knew differently, but not many were close to her. She would extand a hand to him.

Ja'nar Cerra
Queen of Garos IV

Eislen_ZarackDate: Friday, 21 May 2010, 9:49 PM | Message # 5
Private
His lip quirked up into an appreciative smile and his eyes traveled up and down her form quickly as she stood and smoothed her gown. He had expected a drab woman in a stiff business suit; his mind had never entertained the thought of sheer elegance clothed in finery. If not stunning she was certainly attractive in a simple sort of way that made him stare openly. And micheviously.

He stepped forward, took her hand, and instead of shaking it, bent forward and brushed it with his lips ever-so-slightly. “A pleasure Senator Cerra. Truly I did not expect someone so…welcoming.” He said as he stood, the meaning perfectly balanced between two things.

Oh the little perks of life. Zarack had come here looking for a bleeding heart, what he saw in front of him was far more.

Eislen Zarack
Owner, CEO
Zarack Medical

Janar_CerraDate: Saturday, 22 May 2010, 8:11 AM | Message # 6
Major general
Ja'nar would stand infront of him for a moment, her hand extended, her chocolate brown eyes looking him over, she could not help but think he was handsome, but that was all. Ja'nar had sworn off men for the most part since...well since a lot of things happened. Ja'nar would gently grasp his hand before he turns it slightly, his lips brushing across her soft, pale skin. Her cheeks would turn a bit red, "Well I do hope this was a pleasant surprise...and I am not too welcoming" she would give him a little smile, hoping the redness had left her cheeks.

Ja'nar would gently withdraw her hand from his, a smile still touching her lips as she motions to one of the chairs infront of the desk "Have a seat...I am sure you want to get down to business." she says softly, as she leans back against her desk. She had been sitting all morning working on things for home, filling in applications and reading over pages of directions and requirements. "So...what can I help you with?"

Ja'nar Cerra
Queen of Garos IV

Eislen_ZarackDate: Monday, 24 May 2010, 8:13 PM | Message # 7
Private
He quirked an eyebrow at her slightly pink cheeks; he had not noticed their color before and he grinned faintly when the color faded as she mastered her embarrassment. His laugh was calculated; a slight, closed mouth chuckle ending with a smile and a twinkle in his eye as he took the proffered seat. “Of course,” he said softly, his tone careful as always.

From an inside pocket within his overcoat he produced a small data pad complete with a stylus and data reading slot. Naturally it was top of the line; most planets would not have seen this technology, many would never see it. In fact most people on Coruscant had not even seen the newest addition from Pav’ahd Data. Eislen had many high connections.

“As you can see,” he began without preamble. “Zarack medical has been a leader in bionics since well before the war ended. Now, naturally, there is little need for such mechanics so while we will continue to maintain our line of robotics we have seen an increase in the need for cutting edge medicines.

“Now, Zarack Medical started on Naboo and maintains its headquarters there, we have three mobile stations as well as direct line transport to most of the core planets. However, in order to better serve our Capitol I have proposed an addition to the core worlds as well; and what better place for this than here on out Capitol.”

Without giving her a chance to speak he pulled up an image of an expansive (and no doubt expensive) building that stretched over more than two kilometers with lavish paving stones and greenery surrounding it. “This,” he said with an air of pride, “is going to be the Coruscant headquarters where we will not only have the ability to treat patients with problems ranging from a minor cold to needing severe limb replacement; we will also be establishing an entire wing devoted solely to the study of new and devastating diseases.

“With more than one trillion permanent residents you can see why this is the primary candidate for the next stage of Zarack Medical, the cost is, however, somewhat prohibitive and in order to become completely and legally represented by the Senate I will, of course, need someone to vouch for the legitimacy and need of the expansion.”

He leaned back and cleared his throat slightly. Everything that Eislen did was carefully calculated for the maximum impact on his audience whether one person or many.

Eislen Zarack
Owner, CEO
Zarack Medical

Janar_CerraDate: Sunday, 30 May 2010, 11:59 AM | Message # 8
Major general
Ja'nar moved to sit up on her desk as she listened to him speak as she looked over the datapad. She didn't try to talk, knowing she would not get a word in until he was finished with his little speech. Ja'nar would carefully look over the data that he had given her and then the pictures. It was an impressive structure and an even more impressive proposition.

Ja'nar would lean back slightly as she thought about this "While this is all very impressive in order for me to fully back this proposal I would like to see the addition of a children's wing" she would think about it a bit more "And who will be in charge of said facility? A position on the board of directors would be much appericated." Ja'nar was already a workaholic she really didn't need anything else to work on, but if she was placing her name on anything she wanted to make sure it was ran correctly and would not embrass her.

Ja'nar Cerra
Queen of Garos IV

Eislen_ZarackDate: Monday, 31 May 2010, 8:49 PM | Message # 9
Private
He smiled broadly and sat back up. “No need for additions,” he said confidently as he pointed to a random section of the rendering. “This area is already dedicated to be a Children’s ‘Wing’ so to speak. Here only children will be admitted and cared for and, naturally, the doctors in this area will specialize in only child care.”

Leaning back he carefully places fingertips together methodically. “As for the operations of Zarack Medical, Coruscant, I will of course be the CEO. In fact I will be moving my headquarters here and will, at that time, take up permanent residence. The BoD will consist of twelve of the most recognized leaders in the industry along with my personal financial advisor. There will be seats for designers as well as pre-production facilitators, leading buyers and sellers, research analysts and, of course, if you desire, you.”

Eislen stretched his feet out in front of him with a self-satisfied look on his face.

Eislen Zarack
Owner, CEO
Zarack Medical

Janar_CerraDate: Wednesday, 02 Jun 2010, 2:45 PM | Message # 10
Major general
Ja'nar would glance at the blue prints with a little smile touching her lips again as she nods her head listening to his words "Very well, you have my support for this project, just tell me exactly what you need me to do" she says softly as she looks into his eyes for a moment, her own having a very special soft, caring quality to them.

A playful little smile would touch her lips as he suggested that she should be on the board of directors, of course she had flat out said she wanted to be on it, but this was Ja'nar and she was great at pretending like she just didn't ask for something "That would be wonderful! I mean...I think it is only right since I am putting myself out there for all of this."

Ja'nar was actually just relieved, relieved that finally there would be a facility on Coruscant that she felt she could trust with the care of her daughter. It was so hard right now, being so far away while the little girl was back on Garos with her brother and a family friend. Her smile would become a bit forced as her mind wandered to home...to the other life she lived.

Ja'nar Cerra
Queen of Garos IV

Eislen_ZarackDate: Tuesday, 08 Jun 2010, 6:19 PM | Message # 11
Private
He quirked a smile but his eyes froze on hers for only a second. Caught up in their warmth he nearly forgot what he was presenting. Being well practiced, though, he regained himself quickly in such a manner that few would have noticed the lapse. He feared that she was one that could.

“What I need is public backing in the Senate. That, of course, is the easy part. The backing will have to be strong so any other Senators that you can gather on your side privately before any hearing of the Senate would be welcome news.” He hesitated here. Here was where support usually failed. “What I need from the Senate is a loan to be paid with interest within the space of seven years.”

He replaced his most charming smile and laced his fingers behind his head as if he hadn’t a care in the world. Inwardly he prepared to defend his proposition.

Eislen Zarack
Owner, CEO
Zarack Medical

Janar_CerraDate: Tuesday, 06 Jul 2010, 5:34 PM | Message # 12
Major general
Ja'nar noticed many things but she often brushed them off. It was easier to live in a pretend world at times than to realize that she was quickly turning into a spinster. She would listen to his words, but her gaze became far off. She would place her name with his on this proposal. She had no issue with that, she did not see any questions being raised about her doing so too. She would take in a deep breath, a good hospital on Coruscant, one that she had a stake in, one where no one would question why she was there. That was what she needed the most. No questions.

"Of course, I have yet to make any enemies within the senate and I am sure others will support this. I invite you to come into the Senate Chamber with me to propose this, as you will be the one paying back said loan."

Ja'nar Cerra
Queen of Garos IV

Eislen_ZarackDate: Friday, 09 Jul 2010, 2:42 PM | Message # 13
Private
He smiled, once again showing his brilliantly white teeth, as he sat back up, chest nearly touching the desk and bright blue eyes boring into hers. “Aren’t you even curious of the loan I am asking? The amount?” He would be surprised if she didn’t want to know, afterall, it was her name on the bill when it came right to it; and he was well prepared for her alarm when she heard the number.

Eislen Zarack
Owner, CEO
Zarack Medical

Janar_CerraDate: Sunday, 08 Aug 2010, 1:25 PM | Message # 14
Major general
Ja'nar would glance to him for a moment as if she was pondering on this for a moment before she shakes her head "No. Honestly between the two of us, I have found not knowing every detail makes it far easier to play the ditzy, good doer, female far easier. For some odd reason men with power or money, or both enjoy ditzy females spending their money. Sad actually." she says softly at the end, almost under her breath as she turns to gaze out the window once more at the speeder traffic. How many times in the past has she played that part? That wonderful part of being the ditzy, niave young woman to get something that she wanted. It had worked on most and only a few had seen through it, one of them was the man who was sitting outside of her office at this very moment, her most trusted guard, a father figure to her, her teacher and best friend. He was one of the few who could actually put Ja'nar back into her place when she got out of hand, though that didn't happen as often anymore. She would run her hand along the sash of her gown. "Anything else you feel I must know?"

Ja'nar Cerra
Queen of Garos IV

Eislen_ZarackDate: Wednesday, 11 Aug 2010, 4:17 PM | Message # 15
Private
“Fair enough,” he said quirking that infamous smile. He sized her up once more and his smile turned appreciative. “Actually I need to know something; where does one go from here? What do I need to do to expedite this proposal and what needs done to ensure that this does get passed?”

He arched an eyebrow. “As for anything you may need to know,” he reached into the right side of his sleek coat and produced a business card which he flourished unnecessarily before shoving it, quite literally, under her nose.

Eislen Zarack
Owner, CEO
Zarack Medical

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » A meeting of Chance
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz