MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Saturday
2:41 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » Out of Character » The Voyage of Task Force Gamma
The Voyage of Task Force Gamma
Commander_LangDate: Wednesday, 14 Jul 2010, 11:53 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I'd like to request an Imperial task force, dispatched by the Council of Moffs in 16 ABY to Companion Besh, an unexplored satellite galaxy, in search of aurodium deposits that were rumored to be abundant there. Aurodium being, of course, the Star Wars equivalent of gold (except far more valuable). My character, Günther Lang, would be the commander of this force. To preempt what you are probably wondering—namely, why send warships on a simple survey mission?—Companion Besh is, as I suggested, unexplored. However, it is known as the place from where the Nagai and the Tofs originated, as well as the Faruuns and other militant species with which the Remnant was familiar. A few warships, under the circumstances, are understandable I think. Note also that the ships I'm requesting are mostly older models, so the Remnant wouldn't have been sparing anything too important from the war effort (15 and 16 ABY were also relatively quiet periods in the war).

Task Force Gamma, as it would be called, would be scheduled to explore Companion Besh for three years, and return in 19 ABY. However, while investigating a hazardous star cluster, the task force would become lost and eventually lose several of its ships to solar radiation and treacherous gravity wells in the months of slow, arduous navigation it would take to eventually leave the star cluster safely. With no communication from Lang, and with Task Force Gamma over a year late, the expedition would be presumed lost. Only now, however, in 20 ABY would Lang and his remaining ships return to a galaxy that has changed much in their absense, and changed in ways they don't like.

The original task force, as of 16 ABY, would have been as follows:

1 Modular Taskforce Cruiser, Survey Module
4 Dreadnaught-class Heavy Cruisers
4 Tartan-class Patrol Cruisers
3 Star Galleon-class Frigates (acting as supply ships, with food, fuel, etc.)

However, as of now in 20 ABY, Lang's remaining ships would be thus:

1 Modular Taskforce Cruiser, Survey Module (Prospect)
3 Dreadnaught-class Heavy Cruisers (Vitality, Magellan, Endeavor)
2 Tartan-class Patrol Cruisers (Sturm, Drang)
2 Star Galleon-class Frigates (Provender, Sustenance)

You'll see that the final numbers are roughly less than or equal to the firepower of other rogue Imperials in the RP. Some of the details of the task force, such as how exactly its ships were lost and what it encountered during its years in Companion Besh, I'd like to leave vague for now and develop over the course of the RP. I'll also go into more detail on the origin of the task force and Lang's assignment to it in his profile, which I'll get to posting if/when this request is approved. Thanks.

Commander Günther Lang
Imperial Task Force Gamma

OrionKarathDate: Friday, 16 Jul 2010, 0:02 AM | Message # 2
Lieutenant general
Group: Administrators
Awards: 1
APPROVED

Orion Karath
Manager from June 2009 to Present, Administrator from December 2011 to Present
My posts here, pre-2009 archives here

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » Out of Character » The Voyage of Task Force Gamma
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz