MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Saturday
6:03 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » Out of Character » Sector Request
Sector Request
Geoff-ColeDate: Sunday, 15 Aug 2010, 6:59 PM | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Users
Awards: 1
I realize the following request may be a bit large and confusing. I thought it best to pool it all together though.

As per my character's background, he is Moff of the Abrion Sector. Needless to say, many of the planets have fallen away, but I believe a strong core still remains. As such, the following planets/sectors and their reasons for belonging, as well as any stipulations.

*Galpos System- The planet of Galpos II is the only notable planet and, as such, I wish to add the background to it that it is, while rather barren, also quite rich in minerals, allowing for the creation of starships and mining exports from the Abrion Sector, thereby increasing the value which Moff Cole can bring to play for himself and the Remnant.

*Garban System- No notable planets, just something I can play around with and adds more to the 'proof' he still controls some decent territory.

*Gibad System- The notable planet is Gibad, which was depopulated by Palpatine by a virus. Though there is mention of possible re-population, there is nothing to say whether or not the planet ever was repopulated. It's one of the open-ended play fields.

*Hefi System- The notable planet Hefi is close to Earth standards and, as such, with little information, could be considered to be a balance of population with minors in the fishing industry and agriculture. As such, a profit world.

*Rishi System- Notable planets include Risha, an uninhabitable and useless planet; Rishal, a planet rich in metal and ore; Rishi, which is noted to have a base by the smuggler Talon Karrde and, as such, is not likely to have much Imperial control and Rishos, a world rich in gas mining. All of the mining spots would bring in additional income to the Abrion Sector.

*Tieos- Cole's primary base of operation, boasting a naval shipyard there.

I realize these are a lot of planets. Keep in mind that a lot of the unmentioned systems and planets could be swung either way. I consider them to be on the brink of either siding with Cole or with the New Republic... or not being overly valued by either side, though some could still have their uses.

Geoff Cole
Moff, Abrion Sector
Controlling Shareholder - Dorvalla Universal Corporation

OrionKarathDate: Sunday, 15 Aug 2010, 8:06 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant general
Group: Administrators
I just want to make sure, before we continue with this, that you realize that this would make Cole a rogue Imperial warlord. With that status, you would have the New Republic moving to take you down, and lack any support from the Imperial Remnant (Although I believe there is a Moff or two that does secretly support the rogue warlords). Your only real support would likely come from the other rogue warlords, such as Malcolm Cross or Gordon Holt (Should he become active soon). I'm just wanting to be sure you understand this.

Orion Karath
Manager from June 2009 to Present, Administrator from December 2011 to Present
My posts here, pre-2009 archives here

Geoff-ColeDate: Sunday, 15 Aug 2010, 8:12 PM | Message # 3
Colonel
Perhaps I misunderstand, but this was designed with being a part of the Remnant in mind. Cole's loyal service included turning over valuable vessels and territories to Thrawn, which lessened his own might. As such, he would still be a part of the Remnant and not a rogue, at least to my understanding.

Geoff Cole
Moff, Abrion Sector

OrionKarathDate: Sunday, 15 Aug 2010, 10:32 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant general
Well, problem is, in the time period we are at now, 20 ABY, the Remnant itself is limited to eight sectors of space, known as Imperial Space, which are Braxant, Obtrexta, Dynali, Carrion, Clacis, Perrinn, Clacis, and Prefsbelt, with some systems that are traditionally included in neighboring sectors being included in the appropriate Imperial Sector (For example, the Abbaji System of the Spar Sector is considered part of the Carrion Sector), and some of those sectors not being entirely unified (Such as portions of Prefsbelt falling outside of Imperial control). There aren't any sector governments, even partial ones in this case, outside of that region. In the surrounding sectors of Imperial Space there are random Imperial worlds governed by Governors, and primarily focused within the former territory of the Pentastar Alignment. So, at least in name, Cole and the Abrion Sector would not be part of the Remnant. Jace has flung an idea to me, and I might as well to you, in that Cole is essentially part of the Remnant in everyway but name. Abides by the Bastion Accords, pays tribute to Bastion, etc. It would probably keep the New Republic somewhat at bay, and allow you to function in the manner you seem to be aiming for. This wouldn't work if you were looking to fight the Republic however.

Orion Karath

Geoff-ColeDate: Sunday, 15 Aug 2010, 10:35 PM | Message # 5
Colonel
That actually works out perfectly. Cole isn't the sort to continue a war where he is at a disadvantage. His manner towards his subjects isn't that bad either, despite holding to the anti-alien policies of the Empire. I'm fine with this if everybody else is.

Geoff Cole
Moff, Abrion Sector

OrionKarathDate: Sunday, 15 Aug 2010, 10:42 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant general
Supreme Grand Deluxe Double Bacon Admiral Jace Varitek of the planet Epic Super Awesome Cool, what have you to say upon this with your scene?

Orion Karath

Jace_VaritekDate: Monday, 16 Aug 2010, 5:01 PM | Message # 7
Generalissimo
Awards: 4
Let the words of Supreme Grand Deluxe Double Bacon Admiral Jace Varitek of the planet Epic Super Awesome Cool be heard throughout the land:

I APPROVE.

I'd like to fill in a few more details however, in vintage Jace fashion, to create a situation that's more complex than it needs to be and, thus, more fun. Namely; I suggest all other worlds in the Abrion Sector belong to the New Republic, with the obvious except of Roon, of course, and also let's say Sumarin. I suspect Roon would be a place that neither the Republic or Cole would bother with. But Sumarin, as I imagine it, could be a place that's fiercely contested because, as you say, it's "in the air" and hasn't thrown its allegiance to either side. I would suggest that the New Republic would be strongly interested in acquiring this world and thus continuing to diminish Imperial holdings, and the Imperial Remnant proper would also be strongly interested in acquiring Sumarin to prove that the Bastion Accords were not the end of Imperial prominence, and that it can still hold onto and, indeed, expand its space. This seems to be a compelling reason why the Remnant would have close relations with Cole, and provide him with a lot support in a sort of proxy struggle with the Republic.

I would also suggest that Cole realizes the Remnant's interest in the Abrion Sector, and thus realizes the leverage that he can exercise with Bastion—therefore, we have the situation that Orion talked about, where Cole is notionally independent from the Moff Council even if he is a member in all but name.

This is the sort of "cold war," of sorts, that I've always wanted to see between the Remnant and the Republic, but which hasn't really taken shape in the RP so far. I think there's a lot of potential for this though, and Cole would be right in the middle of it and would, as a result, be a very important figure. What do you think of this background story, Cole?

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

Geoff-ColeDate: Monday, 16 Aug 2010, 5:03 PM | Message # 8
Colonel
I must say Jace, bravo! That is an absolutely smashing idea! I concur completely.

Geoff Cole
Moff, Abrion Sector

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » Out of Character » Sector Request
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz