MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Friday
4:36 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » OOC Forum » Allies and Enemies OOC (Discussion & Moderation of the Thread)
Allies and Enemies OOC
Jace_VaritekDate: Monday, 18 May 2009, 1:11 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
So I'm finally getting caught up in reading this thread (that it has continued to become longer over the last few weeks has made my response rather more daunting and, concordantly, rather more delayed; this is, of course, my own fault, although there have been some extraordinary circumstances of late that have kept myself and, obviously, many other people from posting, reading, and actively moderating the site). However, in reading Allies and Enemies just now, I came to a stop at the Hand of Truth's arrival at Aaris III, in the post dated 27 April (and posts subsequent to it), in which the vessel commences bombardment of the planet.

Those who know me well know what I'm about to say, that the rule, of course, is as follows: "2(a.) Possession of 'superweapons,' and the catastrophic destruction of planets or populations (with superweapons, orbital bombardment, the Force, viruses, or any other means) is not permitted, unless with management approval (and only when necessary to further a plot or storyline, demonstrably)." I think this rule, with respect to "populations," would also apply to the bombardment of the Ranat burrow on Aralia, some posts prior.

I'll acknowledge that it's our fault, as managers, for not having reviewed the thread before now, but that said, better late than never. Once this is sorted out, I'll be better able to put together a response (although, I'm also curious how much longer you plan the thread to go on? The idea of management posting on threads, as NPCs, isn't really intended to be a regular occurrence, since we managers also have characters and plots of our own. It's meant more as a last resort, when necessary, such as to auto a stagnant thread, or by prior arrangement; especially now that a good percentage of management has disappeared and I can't handle it all myself).

If it's useful to you, by the way, in Star Wars both synthflesh and synthskin are apparently rather widely available. Not sure if they would taste the same, though.

Jace Varitek

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

Jace_VaritekDate: Monday, 18 May 2009, 1:12 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
By the way, Novak, congratulations on your 100th post! You're catching up to me, fast.

Jace Varitek

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

Rath-DeschainDate: Sunday, 28 Jun 2009, 1:30 PM | Message # 3
Colonel general
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Ok Jace, I finally saw this post. Haha. Yeah, my fault for the bombardment. I was trying to only do damage to a select area of the planet and not overly widespread. As for the thread continuing, I'll probably finish up the action against the independent holdings I was fighting against with the NPC former Imperials. The main purpose was to demonstrate the willingness to gather Novak's end of the bargain with the colicoids to produce droids.

Rath Deschain
High Inquisitor

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » OOC Forum » Allies and Enemies OOC (Discussion & Moderation of the Thread)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz