MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Friday
5:44 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » OOC Forum » Battle at Druckenwell OOC
Battle at Druckenwell OOC
Rath-DeschainDate: Wednesday, 15 Jul 2009, 6:53 AM | Message # 1
Colonel general
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Sorry, just woke up and got the message. Gonna try to address it from my phone, so forgive any typos please.

The CR90 wasn't so much specifically requested (which was my bad) as it was played out the gaining of it. I know Jace had read through (presumably) the Allies and Enemies thread and saw the gaining of it and subsequent repair. Either way, it is not going to be one of the ships that comes with Novak when he departs, meaning Druckenwell gains a new defense vessel (best case) or it becomes a kamikaze ship (worst case).

The gunship Venator did end somewhat inconclusively, but if I remember correctly, it was based around the immense number of fighters I had at my disposal, so a tradeoff of fighters for extra cannons. I aso dropped 175 of the Eta-2 interceptors, brining the Druckenwell-based fighters to 175 V-wings and 36 ARC-170s (which I assumed you'd destroy most if not all of without too much difficulty. Therefore the requirements are met and they are disposed of efficiently).

The shipyards being rigged to blow is actually more of a bluff than anything, actually. I had figured we would make a ooc thread to be able to discuss, so I was waiting on that.

As for time, I had bee unsure actually how much time had passed between Novak's 'assassination' and Ryuun being notified; then for the Senator to pack up all his affairs (having to deal with Neimoidia, etc.) and then travel to have the actual meeting with Fitzgerald. But I'll put Novak back down at the spaceport with his fighter and such, if that's alright. I'll wait on your answer before editing my post.

Rath Deschain
High Inquisitor

Message edited by Ashikage - Wednesday, 15 Jul 2009, 7:06 AM

Jace_VaritekDate: Friday, 17 Jul 2009, 11:32 AM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
Well, with respect to the fighters first; you'll recall that in the last request, I was rather uncomfortable with Druckenwell having nearly 1,000 fighters in total, when most other private or planetary fleets have far fewer. Neimoidia has, I believe, 72 fighters. Brentaal has 36 (or 48 now, I forget). I think Holt has something like 90 to 100. Under the circumstances, I don't think I'll be comfortable approving many more than 100 fighters for Novak's fleet. Your number of 175 seems like a fair one, however, fair for a total number of all fighters, of various composition.

Perhaps, staying roughly proportional to your original fighter composition:

51 ARC-170 Starfighters
62 Alpha-3 Nimbus-class V-wings
62 Eta-2 Actis-class Interceptors

Back to the CR90, I did notice that you had acquired it in the Allies and Enemies thread, and I probably should have said something. More my fault than yours. However, as it wasn't requested (and, if it was, most likely would not have been approved on top of the vessels you already have), it would be preferable if the CR90 didn't have any sort of prominent role in the battle. Perhaps still being repaired, or still too damaged to be of any use to Novak and thus left behind. Or, alternate suggestion; taken with him, perhaps in one of the Venator's hangars, so that if you should lose any of your ships, you can then request the CR90 to take its place.

As for the shipyards, I was actually going to suggest it could be a bluff. That would be a nice touch. Or the CR90 could be in the shipyards, rigged to explode, and that should take a significant amount of the yards with it.

And finally, as for the timing, I think having him at the spaceport should be just fine. I think that settles everything, but let me know if those fighter numbers are suitable; I just sort of picked them out as a proportion of the original list, so it's easily subject to change if you'd prefer a different composition.

Jace Varitek

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

Rath-DeschainDate: Friday, 17 Jul 2009, 2:14 PM | Message # 3
Colonel general
Group: Users
Awards: 1
For fighter composition, I'd rather take 114 V-wings since they are more durable and have shields. Location of Novak at the shipyard is perfectly fine. As for the CR90 though, it was the ace in the hole. I didn't plan on taking it with me though. I also didn't figure that the New Republic would care if the yard got blown. Lol. If you want though, I'll set it up as a trap instead of being a possible weapon and repost it. Just so I know what is going on, so hit me back when you can. I think that was everything.

Rath Deschain
High Inquisitor

Message edited by Ashikage - Friday, 17 Jul 2009, 2:37 PM

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » OOC Forum » Battle at Druckenwell OOC
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz