| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
RE: Requests
Karth_DeQoraDate: Thursday, 31 Jan 2013, 4:46 PM | Message # 1
Colonel general
Group: Administrators
Awards: 1
With Jace off the grid for a week or so, it's fallen to Jaron and I to do the requests. Now, Jaron's a busy man and I'm, well, real life has be horribly indisposed at the moment, so things have been slower than usual when it comes to dealing with these requests; especially since so many of them are extremely detailed or number-heavy and that always requires added research and thought before coming to an unbiased, rational judgement. Tack on time spent haggling or asking for clarification, and naturally there's going to be a slowdown. As it stands, however, I'm going to take a night and tie Jaron and I down to our keyboards, forcing us to close as many requests as we can. I'm not placing a moratorium here, but I'd like to ask members to refrain, unless absolutely necessary, from adding new requests and piling onto the workload.

Much obliged.

Man, Myth, Administrative God. Also plays a mean kazoo.
Jace Varitek: In Northern California we just have gangs of vigilante interior decorators.

Jamie_the_HuttDate: Saturday, 02 Feb 2013, 6:16 AM | Message # 2
Major general
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Oh you indolent wretches you! GRRR!!!

On a more serious note. This may provoke me to do one of my epic and highly complex dissections of every current request.

Added (02 Feb 2013, 6:09 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Jamie's requests open:
The Defenses of the Atrisian Sovereignty - Big but proportionate, you should totally approve it. Might encourage more small old republic type ships and a few less big ones -infact I am considering switching to an all-corvette force (for the non Imperial (parliamentary) navy) so hold fire on this one. Note all the good checks and balances. Approve with amendments.
"Anaxsi Starblade" Line - Just some fighters, wave that shit through. Approve
Request to play a Tarkin - Sure, not as if it's Willhuff. Approve.
RHE/Sienar Raider Design - Approve em, not like I'm going to end up selling to anyone but the Empire anyway, except the long range bomber. The cost on the other one is going to be ridiculous (around the cost of an ISD) and so renders it unsuitable for anyone but.. yknow; eccentric Moffs etc.
New Ship for Mallix - Pretty much just waiting to be closed. Approve.
Alsakan Crisis resolution center - Pretty much waiting to be closed. Approve.
Geonosis Garrison - Again waiting to be closed I think.

Adam's requests open:

Tantra space station - Deny, stop buying stuff off yourself at literally every turn. Subtly the request doesnt provide a link to the design. Horrible design aesthetic that again doesnt look very star wars. This is a world known for it's 1km deep ice coating, I think to start off with its too big to fit in with such a small world.

To quote Wookieepedia "he entire landmass was covered in ice a kilometer deep, and most of the oceans were also frozen over. In addition, the atmosphere was poisonous, rendering the surface of the glaciers inhospitable."

So they're not likely particularly wealthy, any more than the numerous poor worlds which live on trade routes.

Also: I don't think its the best option on the market or a remotely sensible one. There are lots of better models of mercantile stations out there. Surface area is a downside. I've done the math (pretty crude math but math none the less) and this monstrosity cannot within the realms of the star wars economy be cheaper than a Golan, its sheer volume alone precludes that.

Plus as a defensive station - it's shockingly badly designed to actually you know, point guns at any one direction. Frankly, if you wanted "defense on a budget" a small station surrounded by a network of platforms would do you better than this critter.

So I would deny. 1. Because I see no indication Tantra could afford a 5.5km space station. Unless it's made of tin foil the sheer cost in durasteel would make it massively expensive. 2. I see no indication that this would be in any way a logical choice for Tantra - one giant space station is hardly sensible defense, more like a target. 3. Because you're pimping your own wares on too many fronts and I think no procurement committee would support this station for Tantra. 4. The request is justified by the mission statement "increase trade and security along the Outer Rim" - This station would not be the logical choice for either.

Furthering a company - Dull trade boring irrelevant fluff. I'd arbitrarily deny after not reading.
Joint Lorrd-Sluis Van Design - Change the picture, it's horribly non star wars. Drop the nonsense about sluis van being "in advance" of standard technology - its documented as making well built ships. Volvo makes well built cars - this doesn't make them magical hover cars of the future. Also drop the Lorrd bit, they add nothing.
House Malos Request - Stop hoarding companies. Just say "House Malos has a respectable investment portfolio and extensive liquid assets" - that way you dont end up owning a ridiculous number of canon companies or have a mass of irrelevant fluff nobody cares about. Approve but while shaking my head.

Jaron's requests open:
Special Actions Group Request - God, why does everyone feel the need for all this fancy kit. There isn't one battlesuit or mighty armoured form out there that won't instantly disintegrate when hit with.. you know.. the thing that disintegrates.. A Disintegrator. But sadly since everyone and their dog now has epic mechwarriors I suppose its fair the Empire has them too. Approve.

Carl's requests:
New Trade Agreements - Dull trade boring irrelevant fluff. I'd arbitrarily deny (read this one) on the basis I think it's fair to assume that Diplomatic relations and reasonable trade agreements already exist. Everyone does this whole "oh you never rped putting an embassy on y, or you never signed a trade agreement with x so there's no trade". Its fair to assume a good amount of trade goes on without having to have an explicit trade agreement. - Carl this criticism isn't actually pointed at you (the target knows who they are) but tbh I see no problem with this request. That said I'd arbitrarily deny on the basis that I dont think it needs requesting.
Eclipse Anti-Alien League Request Approve this one, cut the guy some slack. While I don't like the picture he wants basic plastoid armour. That is to say, not uber tech mega super elite forcefield laser turret flying war doom suits. Plastoid. I salute that and say you approve it but try to find a less PC game picture (just personal preference)
Hergilic Trade Empire - While I like the idea of -trying- to establish a trade Empire. There's one pretty sticky issue. The Empire nationalizes most companies in the region and I hardly see the Empire being too chummy with them. Plus they're gross whale men. But it's enterprising (shows moxie!) and I approve.
Fortifying Nara System for Jastrinas You know there's a time when I would have thought this was excessive. But due to how many ships there are sloshing about, especially with big alliances around, I think the numbers are reasonable, say minus a portion of the Golans. Nara is an odd choice though; just a thought; there are loads of worlds throughout the Outer Rim and elsewhere which which have Republic fortresses or a history of being a berth (anywhere with Ord in its name for example) - why not liven things up and pick a world which has a bit of history. Still just a suggestion I'd approve.

Added (02 Feb 2013, 6:10 AM)
Look. I gone done managements job.

Added (02 Feb 2013, 6:16 AM)
And I actually concede now, it does take a fair bit of time to even give things a slightly in depth glance.

Message edited by Jamie_the_Hutt - Saturday, 02 Feb 2013, 6:10 AM

Schmuel_KadramDate: Saturday, 02 Feb 2013, 9:51 AM | Message # 3
Lieutenant
Awards: 1
Oh and my latest request rocks. Because it means the Golan won't be the "industry standard" for defense. Hoooray.

Schmuel Kadram
Governor of Rothana
Junior Vice President of Operations KDY

JaronDate: Sunday, 03 Feb 2013, 0:02 AM | Message # 4
Major general
Group: Administrators
This week just became so busy for me at work, I didn't have a chance to even look at the site. Very sorry guys, just new hours, and more of them, that have been VERY rough to get used to. I have an easy day tomorrow, and will bludgeon my way through the requests in my part through the morning and later night.

Jaron Park
Manager from June 2009 to Present, Administrator from December 2011 to Present
(pre-April 2012 posts) (post-April 2012 posts)
Pre-2009 Archives

Jamie_the_HuttDate: Sunday, 03 Feb 2013, 1:23 AM | Message # 5
Major general
I think its fair to say; "No rush on this one mate".

Hardly as if there overmuch time criticality at the moment, I just hadn't critiqued requests for a while. It actually took a while to do them all (even though I didn't read them all in detail). Especially ones where I end up going into a Mathrage and end up calculating volumes of confusingly shaped objects, then their mass in durasteel and cost of that durasteel etc etc.

• Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz