[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Poll Methodology
Senator_OrdanDate: Saturday, 09 Feb 2013, 10:57 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant general
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Poll Methodology

The poll itself was posted on my Facebook wall (hidden from all RPers naturally) wall and remained up for the afternoon and early evening. People were shown the picture and given the chance to vote on it; hence I think it's fair to say the ballot represents a fair cross section of Imperial Citizen opinion as the voters voted as Imperial Citizens would upon being shown a Sluissi (most Imperial Citizens and none of my friends will have ever seen a Sluissi) - thus allowing them to make a purely aesthetic judgement on the basis of the picture presented. I think the results reflect the fact that Humans generally do not amicably view weird snake lizards. Note the individuals had no prior knowledge of the species (let alone the RP) and were making a snap judgement based on pure aesthetic and "gut feeling".

Poll itself hosted here, I intended to close after 30 votes but ended up having supper so closing it after 32.

Furthermore in order to assure no RPers snuck in votes and that noone voted twice; I used the optional Anti-Cheat Protection
"Warning: When using advanced anti-cheat algorithms, there is a chance that genuine answers are considered cheating. The system uses an advanced calcuation based on geographic location, client information, and other elements to calculate wheither it is likely that a response is a cheat. If respondents are located mostly within the same subnet (for example same company or university network) it might appear to Easypolls that they have the same IP address. If so, genuine responders might be considered to be cheaters."

Oh well for blocking people at the same IP. I think we got the general concensus that the average guy on the street either mildly or strongly dislikes alien Snake Lizard things.

Senator Hubert Ordan

Senator of the Azure Sector
Foreign Minister of Anaxes
Captain-General of the Azure Interest Protection Squadron
Deputy Chairman of the Ethics Committee
Worshipful Master of the Most Loyal and Honourable Company of Blockadeers
Archtreasurer of the Vault of Pols Anaxes
Autocrat of Selgon
Owner of Azure Durasteel
Systems Admiral (Ret)
Order of the Canted Circle

• Page 1 of 1