| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
New Site
Jace_VaritekDate: Sunday, 14 Apr 2013, 9:25 AM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
A few of you aren't aware yet of the new site we've been working on. AGW is a great site and always has been, but it does have troubles. I understand it's hard for some of you (and me, if truth be told) to maintain energy and enthusiasm for an RP that has been structurally unchanged for over 10 years. It's a good structure, and it has worked well for us. But in an attempt to freshen things up, we've been working on a new RP with a different sort of structure to it.

I must caution you up front: it won't be to everyone's taste. It is different from AGW in significant ways. But I do think there's something in it for everyone who gives it a chance. I figure we might as well try something different. I've been encouraged by the positive response to it so far, and while it won't be completely done for another day (or 2 days at most), I think it's okay to unveil it now to those who haven't seen it already. (Bear in mind, a lot of the pages aren't finished, and the completed site will have a .com domain).

http://starwarslegends.ucoz.com. Looks similar, but isn't. (Except Dantooine, which is pretty much the same). Feel free to post any questions here, or there, or in Messen—ugh, Skype.

(The best thing about Skype is that it's a great word to pronounce with utter disdain. Why has Skype been more popular than Messenger, seriously? It's clearly inferior to Messenger).

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

Cyrida_TikkitDate: Sunday, 14 Apr 2013, 10:21 PM | Message # 2
Private
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Utinni

Head of Clan Tikkit

Ka-DekDate: Monday, 15 Apr 2013, 8:32 PM | Message # 3
Sergeant
Can I be Yoda? And um.

Gandalf? Is he taken?

I'd also like to play a Lieutenant Junior Grade in the Engineering section.

Plus I was thinking it would be fun to be grand bdsmer of the Gorean Kingdom.

And the bartender of WOLF'S TAVERN ~~ A HOME FOR ALL WERES

Remember all the awful RPs on MSN chat?

When I was a child I had an awesome tree house (I would say my dad and I built it together, but he built it while I filled up the vegetable garden with mud and paraded around in it thinking it was the beach, better times), we had it for a good few years and I really loved it. But a big storm blew up one night and it was destabilized to the point it was better to start a new one. Sure enough he built a new one but I really yearned for what had been lost.

I also had a five room castle built for me (child size admittedly) - really just two towers and a gatehouse but still neat. I didn't care about houses in trees anymore as I had my own plywood castle (with stone effect paint and even some lines to look like masonry on that put on it for authenticity). The towers had ladders going up to the roof, and trapdoors to close if it rained. Two wooden beds, a table and chairs plus a home-made stone fire hearth in one room under the right (from the front) tower and in the left a "dungeon" which had thoughtfully had a small barred part on the door. It was a young kids dream.

Basically Jace. Am I trading in my tree house which might be a little empty and rattly for a new treehouse that just lacks the history of the old? OR do you propose to me a 3 meter high stone effect painted plywood castle with a hardwood frame?

I really probably will go play in your new treehouse once my finals and dissertation is over either way. But I demand ye answer.

p.s. This new RP isn't like anything to do with 1. Werewolves. 2. Magic that isn't trickery. 3. BDSM 4. Vampires or most importantly 5. Wolverine living on Naboo? Or the other one I saxrolled and still hasn't followed up his threat to sue me for plagarism or whatever.

Remember Pandra Nintra guys, RIP little bellicose pretend belgian. www.pandranintra.com

Added (15 Apr 2013, 7:50 PM)
---------------------------------------------
I'd like to request also that Management is deposed in favour of Carl me and Adam since this breaks the convention on advertising new RPs. The inaction in stopping it in the rest of management means they have committed the same crime. (I should hasten to add that this is a joke)

Added (15 Apr 2013, 8:03 PM)
And you plagarized my ship!? I'm hurt.

Added (15 Apr 2013, 8:32 PM)
Apparently people have already dibbsed my favourite ruling out my traditional Mr Kruus.

Random dibs of factions I fancy
- Judicial Forces and the Republic Outland Regions Security Force in particular.
- Walker, Sector Ranger
- IGBC Regional Management (Mallix)
- Justice of the Republic Regional Court
- Laslo Dorits of the SVA
- A roving force of the Sun Guards of the Thyrsus System

Ka-Dek

Grand Master of the Jedi Order, Visionary, Mystic Sage
Renegade from the Inquisitorius after breaking his mental programming.
Former Knight-Sentinel
Formerly Assistant Curator, Jedi Archives

Message edited by Ka-Dek - Tuesday, 16 Apr 2013, 10:44 AM

Avadrie_volFyrDate: Wednesday, 17 Apr 2013, 2:32 AM | Message # 4
Major general
Hey whats the setting and timeline for the new site again?

Lady Avadrie volFyr
Senator of Empress Teta
Defense Committee Member

Ilanah_ThanatosDate: Wednesday, 17 Apr 2013, 2:29 PM | Message # 5
Colonel general
Awards: 3
Hey Ava,

It's going to be set in 24 BBY, and is set in the Chommell Sector, the Raioballo Sector, and Hutt Space...also a ship...thingie....I don't quite understand that part yet.  smile

Ilanah R. Thanatos
Senator of Chandrila

Cyrida_TikkitDate: Thursday, 18 Apr 2013, 2:36 PM | Message # 6
Private
The Luminosity is a Jedi Praxeum Ship. Basically a Jedi Temple that flies around in space.

Head of Clan Tikkit

Janar_CerraDate: Friday, 17 May 2013, 4:52 PM | Message # 7
Major general
I can't get to it. sad

Ja'nar Cerra
Queen of Garos IV
Acting Senator to the Republic, Garos IV

Bernard_OrielDate: Tuesday, 10 Dec 2013, 4:34 PM | Message # 8
Colonel general