MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Friday
9:47 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » OOC Forum » Tysho Rojim (OOC) (Regarding the Profile)
Tysho Rojim (OOC)
Jace_VaritekDate: Sunday, 22 Nov 2009, 9:08 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
Tysho, please correct your profile in two respects; that is, the "Force Generated Saber" and the last paragraph regarding the absorption of kinetic energy and its use for electric shocks and/or a camoflauge system. Or, feel free to request the use of these items. However, while I don't speak for the other managers, I think it's bit unlikely that these would be approved. Please note, also, that while we don't require Force users to start out as "entry level," as some RPs do, it's nonetheless expected that one shouldn't be proficient in the use of the Force without some sort of formal training in their background.

I figured I would mention this to you now, before you get too far along, so you can make whatever changes you feel necessary. Thanks in advance.

Jace Varitek

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

TyshoRojimDate: Sunday, 22 Nov 2009, 9:20 PM | Message # 2
Private
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I don't really need the camo system. Thought it might be cool. Armor that builds up a charge through movement isn't really bad. It just means it doesn't have to run off an internal power supply. But yeah, I'll make some changes. The Force saber is pretty much all he can do with the Force. He can't use the powers like push, pull, lightning, etc. About the best he can do is call weapons into immediate being (i.e. he throws it and 0it vanishes once it leaves his hand)

Tysho Rojin
Bounty hunter

Jace_VaritekDate: Sunday, 22 Nov 2009, 9:24 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
I do appreciate that you've limited him in Force use, however, even though the saber would be his only power, I would argue that the ability to manifest an actual object from the Force would be toward the very top of the pantheon of Force proficiency. I doubt that even most Jedi Masters could accomplish it, and if they could, it stands to reason that a spontaneously generated weapon would thus be far more common in Star Wars. Then there is also the practical concern, that the ability to generate a weapon at all times is, perhaps, unfair to other players.

However, the absorption of kinetic energy is fine if it's used only to power your suit. It was the electric shock and camoflauge system that had me hung up.

Jace Varitek

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

TyshoRojimDate: Sunday, 22 Nov 2009, 9:26 PM | Message # 4
Private
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hm... perhaps I'll change it to him having a lightsaber and just having limited control of the Force, if that would work better. The suit was designed to be a stealth item that assists in the bounty hunting.

Tysho Rojin
Bounty hunter

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » OOC Forum » Tysho Rojim (OOC) (Regarding the Profile)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz