Wednesday
4:40 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Archive - read only
Forum moderator: Sate_Pestage  
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » Proposal of Purchase of the Helska System
Proposal of Purchase of the Helska System
Artemis_VandenDate: Monday, 10 Dec 2012, 11:05 AM | Message # 16
Major general
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I agree with Senator Terrawin. Why despoil the pristine worlds of the Helska system when many other worlds are already adequate for Mr. Cole's military-industrial purposes? The Veragi Federation has a compelling interest in the Helska system, as the Grand Vizier has said. What interest has Mr. Cole? There are plenty of worlds in the Abrion Sector and elsewhere that can be used for target practice, or whatever it is Mr. Cole has in mind.

Artemis Vanden
Representative of the Naboo

Geoff-ColeDate: Monday, 10 Dec 2012, 3:35 PM | Message # 17
Colonel
Awards: 1
Grand Vizier, I respectfully withdraw my bid from the table.

Geoff Cole
Moff, Abrion Sector
Controlling Shareholder - Dorvalla Universal Corporation

Ambassador_BaalDate: Friday, 14 Dec 2012, 10:26 AM | Message # 18
Sergeant
If there are no other objections or bids for the system, I respectfully request the chair to bring this proposal to a close so that the Dominion Federation may ship it's payment to the Empire and send in our scouts for a further in depth scan of the system.

Ambassador Baal
Dominion Federation

LomenRyuunDate: Sunday, 16 Dec 2012, 12:35 PM | Message # 19
Lieutenant general
Forgive me for coming in late, gentlemen. I've read over the statements here and perhaps surprisingly, I am in agreement with Senator Terrawin and Representative Vanden that the Helska System should not be split up. However, the monies in question to be paid by the Dominion Federation are quite large. A ten billion credit payment is a goodly sum, and with the payments every ten years notwithstanding, it's likely going to cost quite a bit for equipment, materials and manpower necessary for the Dominion Federation to turn the Helska System into a thriving, productive system.

:I will state for the record, Ambassador, that I am not against the purchase of this system by the Federation, but I would at least like to see someone from the Commerce Committee look over the Federation's bank accounts to ensure that this will not damage their infrastructure in any way. Now granted, this may seem a little inappropriate, but as the Ambassador has pointed out, the Dominion Federation is an independent state, and I would feel much better for their people and worlds if such could be checked upon before the purchase goes through.

Lomen Ryuun
Senator, Doldur Sector
Senator, Druckenwell
Representative, Monor II (10 BBY - 9 BBY)
Representative, Geridard
Representative, Boranall
Representative, Therenor Prime
Vice-chairman, Defense Committee (Temporarily suspended)
Controlling Shareholder - Druckenwell Arms Corporation

Ambassador_BaalDate: Wednesday, 19 Dec 2012, 11:14 PM | Message # 20
Sergeant
Senator Ryuun, has this simple propsal not been dragged on long enough. While I understand a want to ensure that the money will keep coming once the system is paid for, I do find it odd that you would request to waste the time of the Commerce Committee to go digging into the Dominion Federation's bank accounts. I can assure you that all is in order, and that we need not waste the Commerce Committee's time on such a trival subject. This continued stalling is succeeding in doing only one thing Senator Ryuun, it is stalling the plans to begin turing the system into a thriving system that is worth its own weight. We have prospectors and scouting parties hired and waiting to begin their jobs, with miners and laborers behind them waiting for their okay to begin. If we continue to stall this proposal, all we will accomplish is to stall the hard working citizens and prevent them from being able to do their jobs. Not only that, further stalling will prevent new jobs from being created, surely the Commerce Committee would rather see new jobs created and citizens working, than preventing the flow of revenue from working taxes.

Ambassador Baal
Dominion Federation

Message edited by Ambassador_Baal - Wednesday, 19 Dec 2012, 11:15 PM

Bernard_OrielDate: Wednesday, 19 Dec 2012, 11:33 PM | Message # 21
Colonel general
I am fundamentally in favour of granting it to the Veragi Federation.

Bernard Oriel
Senator for the Planet of Vjun
1st Earl Malreaux (Second Creation)
Vjun Delegation to the Imperial Senate

LomenRyuunDate: Thursday, 20 Dec 2012, 1:36 AM | Message # 22
Lieutenant general
I'm not against granting this proposal at all, Ambassador. It's simply the fact that, by virtue of being new to these chambers, I don't know you. I don't know much about the Dominion Federation and I'd like to see proper checks conducted. I'm in favor of granting it to you, providing that the Commerce Committee still runs the checks on your accounts.

Lomen Ryuun
Senator, Doldur Sector
Senator, Druckenwell
Representative, Geridard
Representative, Boranall

Ambassador_BaalDate: Thursday, 20 Dec 2012, 4:47 PM | Message # 23
Sergeant
Senator Ryuun, I find myself a bit preturbed at your response. Looking at you claiming that you'd rather have the Commerce Committee waist time looking into Accounts that are already in order, and proping it up by saying "I dont know you" It makes it seem as if you are acting on predjudice. I wonder if you would be calling for the Commerce Committee to check into Moff Cole and his companies bank accounts, or any other world that proposed to purchase the system had we not. Would you still be calling for the Commerce Committee to waste their valuable time to look into their accounts, or would you have just immediately pushed it through.

Ambassador Baal
Dominion Federation

Senator_CambristDate: Thursday, 20 Dec 2012, 5:28 PM | Message # 24
Lieutenant general
Awards: 6
Excuse the delay, Senators. I'd hoped that in sojourning to Brentaal for the week, I would elude the hysteria in the Senate over this latest Tionese war. I'm sorry to see that it persists, but we have other business to discuss, don't we? Senator Ryuun, your concern about the Dominion Federation's finances is appreciated, and the Commerce Committee will schedule an audit for later this month. I see no reason for the sale to be delayed in the meantime, however. I'm confident the purchase of the system is within the Federation's means, and that's what matters to the Empire. Secondary concerns about the development of the property are not particularly time-sensitive or, frankly, important at all as far as the Empire is concerned.

But to touch on the issue, not everything need be government-funded anyway. The Federation could just as well (and I hope it does) invite private companies to develop the property and recoup its money over the long-term in tax revenue. But this is really more of a matter for the Federation than it is for the Senate.

LomenRyuunDate: Thursday, 20 Dec 2012, 6:40 PM | Message # 25
Lieutenant general
You've allayed my fears, Senator Cambrist, and I thank you for that. With such being said by the honorable Senator of Brentaal, I withdraw any objections I may have had.

Lomen Ryuun
Senator, Doldur Sector
Senator, Druckenwell
Representative, Geridard
Representative, Boranall

Ambassador_BaalDate: Thursday, 27 Dec 2012, 10:51 AM | Message # 26
Sergeant
I once more respectfully request that the Chair bring this proposal for purchase to a close.

Ambassador Baal
Dominion Federation

LomenRyuunDate: Friday, 28 Dec 2012, 5:20 AM | Message # 27
Lieutenant general
I second the Ambassador's request.

Lomen Ryuun
Senator, Doldur Sector
Senator, Druckenwell
Representative, Geridard
Representative, Boranall

Sate_PestageDate: Tuesday, 01 Jan 2013, 10:54 PM | Message # 28
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
The terms proposed here are satisfactory the Ruling Council, and a recommendation will be made to the Moff of the Dalonbian Sector that he finalize the deal.

Sate Pestage
Grand Vizier of the Empire
Assistant to Emperor Palpatine
Chair of the Imperial Senate

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » Proposal of Purchase of the Helska System
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz