MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Wednesday
5:10 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Forum moderator: Sate_Pestage  
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » Question for the Government of Lorrd
Question for the Government of Lorrd
Bernard_OrielDate: Wednesday, 19 Dec 2012, 3:40 AM | Message # 1
Colonel general
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Gentlebeings,

Rumours have reached the Defense Committee that Lorrd may have begun to seize civilian ships and indeed humanitarian ships.

Questions then.

Has Lorrd seized civilian or humanitarian vessels for military use?
Has Lorrd seized the vessels of GalacticAid?
Has Lorrd pressed the crew?

As it's primary Trustee, how does Alyn Stark feel about GalacticAid vessels being indented for military service (if you discussed it with him)? Did he facilitate or aid the process?

Bernard Oriel
Senator for the Planet of Vjun
1st Earl Malreaux (Second Creation)
Vjun Delegation to the Imperial Senate

Roman_LekpinDate: Wednesday, 19 Dec 2012, 5:53 AM | Message # 2
Colonel
Awards: 0
Lorrd has indeed appropriated two vessels that were slated for use by GalacticAid and pressed them, temporarily, into service of Lorrd. Under technicality, while these vessels were meant to be utilized by GalacticAid, they were the last pair to come off the construction line at Lorrd Engineering's facilities and as such, I would prefer to say that Lorrd appropriated vessels intended for GalacticAid's use instead of 'seizing the vessels of GalacticAid.' The latter version can lead to misconceptions.

These vessels were uncrewed by GalacticAid personnel and as such, there were no issues in this matter.

Furthermore, While Lord Stark may be in some regards a government official on Lorrd, he does not run the planet and is not included in every decision made on Lorrdian soil. He was not consulted in this matter.

Roman Lekpin
Representative, Lorrd (11 BBY-10 BBY) (9 BBY-Present)
Chosen of House Garth

Bernard_OrielDate: Wednesday, 19 Dec 2012, 7:41 AM | Message # 3
Colonel general
These were vessels under construction within the Lorrd system or elsewhere?

Are these vessels commissioned and owned by GalacticAid? If not, who owned their title when they were seized? Who owns the ships now (are they still notional property of their owner but temporarily seized - Commandeered, or legally owned by your Government - Nationalized?)?

Bernard Oriel

Roman_LekpinDate: Wednesday, 19 Dec 2012, 5:09 PM | Message # 4
Colonel
Once you inform me of the line of purpose behind this questioning, Senator, I will be more forthcoming with answers, but there are certain aspects that I see as being irrelevant in this matter. So, once this is cleared up, I shall answer freely.

Roman Lekpin
Chosen of House Garth

Bernard_OrielDate: Wednesday, 19 Dec 2012, 5:31 PM | Message # 5
Colonel general
The questions are asked as they may have bearing as to whether the Defense Committee suggests civil or criminal charges be brought against Lorrd or Alyn Stark/Lorrd Engineering and help form our view as to whether present Imperial legislation has been breached in letter or spirit.

I'm concerned, frankly. And I wish to make these facts publicly known so that I might be able to do my duty to the Empire and peel back the "Fog of war".

Bernard Oriel

Roman_LekpinDate: Wednesday, 19 Dec 2012, 5:47 PM | Message # 6
Colonel
These vessels were not under construction within the Lorrd System at the time, no.

The pair of vessels seized were intended for construction to GalacticAid. The only existing holder of the current title was Lorrd Engineering, awaiting transfer to GalacticAid upon receipt of payment, which had not yet occurred. These vessels are to be considered commandeered in a time of distress for Lorrd.

Roman Lekpin
Chosen of House Garth

Bernard_OrielDate: Wednesday, 19 Dec 2012, 9:22 PM | Message # 7
Colonel general
Just to be clear - you seized civilian ships outside of Lorrdian space?

How does the Government of the Kol Hurro system feel? Since you represent them as well as Lorrd presumably? This appears to be Lorrd flagrantly disregarding the sovereignty of it's neighbours and committing what could be described uncharitably as piracy.

Bernard Oriel

Message edited by Bernard_Oriel - Wednesday, 19 Dec 2012, 9:45 PM

Roman_LekpinDate: Thursday, 20 Dec 2012, 1:47 AM | Message # 8
Colonel
Senator Oriel, if the Kol Huro System had a government, then I'm sure they might be here to comment as such. However, Lorrd Engineering, under the permission of Moff Shirnoq and the Empire, purchased and utilized the Kol Huro factory worlds, much as the Dominion Federation is purchasing the Helska System, to turn them into productive worlds capable of making a profit for the owners, the sector and the Empire.

Roman Lekpin
Chosen of House Garth

Verence_TerrawinDate: Thursday, 20 Dec 2012, 7:04 AM | Message # 9
Major general
I cry tears of sadness, friends and Senators all.

That ships built to heal and end suffering are armed for war is evil beyond belief, it is a distortion of their purpose.

Verence Terrawin

Senator of Alsakan
First Lord of the Foreign Office, Alsakan

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » Question for the Government of Lorrd
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz