Wednesday
10:54 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Archive - read only
Forum moderator: Sate_Pestage  
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » Petition for Christophsis to join the Imperial Senate
Petition for Christophsis to join the Imperial Senate
Jason_BertumanDate: Sunday, 06 Jan 2013, 0:36 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Greetings,

I am Jason Bertuman, newly elected Senator of Christophsis. The people of Christopsis have decided that it was in our best interests to join the Imperial Senate. The planet is located in Savareen Sector and has a planetary government in form of an oligarchy, but we have decided to undergo what we call a transition period. Admittance into the Senate being one of several actions we are hoping to succeed.

If any of you have questions, please do ask right away. I will answer them to the best of my abilities.

~Senator Bertuman of Christophsis

Exar_RayDate: Sunday, 06 Jan 2013, 8:38 AM | Message # 2
Major general
Mr. Bertuman,

Perhaps you can give us a history about yourself maybe? As well as describe to us what your government plans to do if you are elected to the Imperial Senate. And since we are on the topic, what policies you wish to see in the Empire as well as what your own agendas are.

Jason_BertumanDate: Sunday, 06 Jan 2013, 10:27 AM | Message # 3
Lieutenant
Thank you, Senator Ray for asking the most important questions. It would be my pleasure to explain my agendas and bits of my past. I was born and raised on Christophsis. I was studying to become a politician when the Clone Wars brought war to Christophsis. I was among many natives that battled the Separatists. Other than that, I returned to politics and eventually came to be a Senator.

Like I said earlier, Christophsis is in a transition period. The planet joining the Imperial Senate would help strengthen the currency, which impacts our economy. Hopefully, when the transition complete, there won't be an oligarchy but a democracy. My people want to promote sentient equality. The planet would be more open to trade and offworlders. Despite having 35 billion natives, we are reluctant to do business offworld due to Separatist activities a decade prior. I am hoping to change that. As well as spreading more wealth, rather than let the population be ruled by a group of rich men and women. Education is a priority as well, with the current rate of dropout at 52%. My goal is to lessen that.

Any other questions, anyone?

Message edited by Jason_Bertuman - Sunday, 06 Jan 2013, 10:31 AM

Draken_TurotDate: Sunday, 06 Jan 2013, 12:16 PM | Message # 4
Major general
Tell me, Jason!!!!!

Where do the loyalty of your government and people lie?!!!!! If the MIGHTY EMPEROR commanded you to uptake a noble tasking, would you do it to the best of your ability?!!!!!!

Tremaine_FowlkesDate: Sunday, 06 Jan 2013, 3:03 PM | Message # 5
Colonel general

Tremaine Fowlkes
Senator of Telos IV

Message edited by Tremaine_Fowlkes - Sunday, 06 Jan 2013, 8:08 PM

Jason_BertumanDate: Sunday, 06 Jan 2013, 8:09 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant
The reputation as a fierce Imperial loyalist precedes you. I am certain His Majesty appreciates such a trait. Of course, our loyalty lies in our own planet, Christophsis. We are also loyal to His Majesty, as we are a member world of the Empire. I am certain that if the Emperor requires my services, I will honor him by performing to the best of my abilities.

Does my answers satisfy your curiosity?

Draken_TurotDate: Monday, 07 Jan 2013, 2:29 PM | Message # 7
Major general
I am here to make sure that no more traitors like Tremaine "I do kinky stuff that embarrasses myself and then jump out of a window to add onto the disgrace I brought to the Empire and Telos" Fowlkes DO NOT EVER, and I mean EVER, enter these chambers again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And your answer, while vague, does somewhat satisfy my answer!!!!!

LomenRyuunDate: Thursday, 10 Jan 2013, 9:42 AM | Message # 8
Lieutenant general
Awards: 1
Senator Bertuman, what sort of resources is Christophsis wealthy in, if I might ask? I'm simply curious what sort of trade goods you will bring to the Empire.

Lomen Ryuun
Senator, Doldur Sector
Senator, Druckenwell
Representative, Monor II (10 BBY - 9 BBY)
Representative, Geridard
Representative, Boranall
Representative, Therenor Prime
Vice-chairman, Defense Committee (Temporarily suspended)
Controlling Shareholder - Druckenwell Arms Corporation

Senator_CambristDate: Friday, 11 Jan 2013, 10:34 AM | Message # 9
Lieutenant general
Awards: 6
I can answer that question for Mr. Bertuman. Christophsis is one of the leading exporters on the Outer Rim of chanlon, hfredium, quadrillium, and Nergon-14 in particular. Nergon-14 is valuable to weapons industries for its application in the manufacture of explosives. Hfredium is probably the planet's second most valuable export, valued, if I recall, at 110 credits per kilogram. It is not difficult to understand why Christophsis is a wealthy world.

I'm interested in this "transition," however. You say, Mr. Bertuman, that your agenda is to "spread the wealth, rather than let the population be ruled by a group of rich men and women." Do these rich men and women who rule Christophsis—as the Senator they've chosen, you are one of them, I assume?—agree with this "democracy, not oligarchy" agenda? Why would they? As recently as ten years ago, the Christophsian oligarchy clung tightly to its wealth, more or less abandoning the working class to the mercy of the Separatists. Why, now, this change of heart? Forgive me for finding it hard to believe this is anything other than, at best, a pipe dream, and at worst, a cynical public relations ploy.

Jason_BertumanDate: Friday, 11 Jan 2013, 7:03 PM | Message # 10
Lieutenant
Thank you, Senator Cambrist, for explaining what our exports specializes in. Clearly, you have done some research on our planet.

Also, that's a very good question concerning how our government runs. When the rich had deserted the lower classes to the Separatists, I realized it was time for change but it was not without struggle. I had been fighting to propose a change to democracy. It took a long time before others began to be more open about change. There is still divisions between people that choose oligarchy and democracy.

However, I believe my people can overcome the differences.

Roman_LekpinDate: Friday, 11 Jan 2013, 7:07 PM | Message # 11
Colonel
It is pleasing to hear of the strides your world has made to become a more productive and better-governed place for your people to live, as well as cast off the Separatist yolk. You will find no small number of worlds here, Senator-elect, that have done the same with their own Separatist pasts. If I may inquire, do you consider yourself a moderate or an extremist in your support of the Empire?

Roman Lekpin
Representative, Lorrd (11 BBY-10 BBY) (9 BBY-Present)
Chosen of House Garth

Jason_BertumanDate: Saturday, 12 Jan 2013, 5:52 AM | Message # 12
Lieutenant
I'd like to think the term extremism isn't exactly pro-Imperial. From my experience, extremists are usually associated with terrorism. The Empire deserve a more friendly term. I would call those who wholeheartedly support the Empire loyalists. I definitely support the Empire, but my views are mostly moderate mainly because my beliefs are to keep an open mind and do what is in best interests for Christophsis.

Ilanah_ThanatosDate: Saturday, 12 Jan 2013, 8:10 PM | Message # 13
Colonel general
Awards: 3
Mr. Bertuman, you seem incredibly well rounded and from your words so far, you appear to have the absolute best interest of your people in mind. That is certainly an admirable trait.

Governor Tu'Rot is a very....enthusiastic...loyalist, and my question for you has to do with what he said about keeping alleged traitors out of the Senate. Mr. Bertuman, how does your world handle those who oppose the Empire? And also, how do you feel the Empire should deal with those who betray them? Do you believe that some sort of capital punishment is the answer, or imprisonment?

Ilanah R. Thanatos
Senator of Chandrila

Jason_BertumanDate: Sunday, 13 Jan 2013, 5:51 AM | Message # 14
Lieutenant
Well, there will always be threats against the Emperor's New Order. It is impossible for everyone to want to follow the policies and laws. There's bound to be disgruntled citizens that wanted something different. However, that doesn't give them right to committ actions that may have resulted in death. Capital Punishment should be reserved only for the extremists that aimed to bring down the Empire. But on the lesser charges, imprisonment should suffice. Like the saying goes, the punishment fits the crime.

I will say one thing, Christophsis is not a haven for all that oppose the Empire. We are not interested in bringing war here.

Senator_OrdanDate: Tuesday, 15 Jan 2013, 11:09 AM | Message # 15
Lieutenant general
Quote (Jason_Bertuman)
Capital Punishment should be reserved only for the extremists that aimed to bring down the Empire. But on the lesser charges, imprisonment should suffice.

So which specific offenses do you support the Death Penalty for? Just treason?

Senator Hubert Ordan

Senator of the Azure Sector
Foreign Minister of Anaxes
Captain-General of the Azure Interest Protection Squadron
Deputy Chairman of the Ethics Committee
Worshipful Master of the Most Loyal and Honourable Company of Blockadeers
Archtreasurer of the Vault of Pols Anaxes
Autocrat of Selgon
Owner of Azure Durasteel
Systems Admiral (Ret)
Order of the Canted Circle

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » Petition for Christophsis to join the Imperial Senate
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz