Wednesday
1:52 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Archive - read only
Forum moderator: Sate_Pestage  
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » The Ash Worlds Governance Act (An Act to bolster good law and order.)
The Ash Worlds Governance Act
Bernard_OrielDate: Sunday, 03 Feb 2013, 11:17 AM | Message # 16
Colonel general
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Senator Cambrist.

Frankly, I think your objection is procedural, and "passes the credit" rather than seeking for us to create as positive and flexible an outcome as possible for the Empire now rather than let it be put aside for some other body to resolve at an unspecified later date; perhaps this is why Moff Winder expressed his disdain for the Senate. A whole Sector sized volume of space without effective patrol and governance is to my mind a real and demonstrable risk to the Empire which we are sworn to serve and protect.

If a Sector Governor neighbouring the Ash Worlds (or number of them wish to) patrol it and fulfill additional duties for it then let them come forward and volunteer or do so in the Media. I know Moff Winder is willing to do the job, a tough, profitless and thankless job; which is why this motion supports him for the post. He is a Core Worlder of unquestioned Imperial Loyalty and wants to do even more work for the good of the Empire than his current already heavy load.

I am happy to introduce a motion that allows a majority of the Sector Governors of the surrounding worlds to annul this act and organize their own arrangement if they find themselves unsatisfied with this act or Moff Winder's performance. I'm happy to leave the surrounding Sectors to have the final say on this, but I am not happy for the current absence of Government and Law to continue.

Bernard Oriel
Senator for the Planet of Vjun
1st Earl Malreaux (Second Creation)
Vjun Delegation to the Imperial Senate

Senator_CambristDate: Sunday, 03 Feb 2013, 11:38 AM | Message # 17
Lieutenant general
Awards: 6
To the contrary, I see no reason why the Senate should "pass the credit" to Moff Winder when, for one thing, I'm certain he'd rather broker an arrangement with his fellow Moffs than be indebted to the "sniveling" Senate for granting him a favor he hasn't sought from us. Although I don't accuse you of doing this intentionally, Senator Oriel, I think you're disregarding the interests of ten other sectors that border the Ash Worlds. I could propose a measure identical to this one, changing the Auril Sector to, say, the Calamari Sector, and it would be equally arbitrary. Yes, Moff Winder has apparently expressed to you an enthusiasm to police the Ash Worlds. If so, let him express it to his fellow Moffs in a venue where those Moffs may also express their views, rather than having the Senate speak with Winder's voice only.

Bernard_OrielDate: Sunday, 03 Feb 2013, 11:47 AM | Message # 18
Colonel general
And how long would that take? Weeks? Months?

In that time how many smugglers might use the many abandoned ash worlds as stopping places, storage for contraband and shady deals.

How many rebels might establish bases in the region?

I do not wish to see regions of Imperial territory left undefended to await talks. That was the bureaucratic way of the Republic and why it died. The sentiment that would delegate another group of officials to discuss the issue at an unspecified future date is on a par with the proposal many years back that a Commission be sent to Naboo to verify if the aliens had taken over.

The Ash Worlds are (at present) a vacuum for anyone who wants a quiet place away from the authorities.

I think we need to be vigarous, need to be proactive and need to be swift to assure this vacuum is not filled with the scum of the Galaxy.

If you find a hole in the hull of your shuttle, the ideal solution may be to go and find the technical staff and request they consider sending a repair crew. But in the time that takes you risk the atmosphere aboard draining away. No you should plug the gap if you are able, then seek a better and more long term solution if it is available.

This motion (and with the proposal to allow local Governance to over-rule it if they wish) would safeguard the Ash Worlds from the moment this act passes (not from some unspecified future date). Then there will be a breathing space in which the local authorities can adjust the arrangement if they wish.

First plug the hole, then repair it for good. That is my proposal in a nutshell.

Bernard Oriel

Senator_CambristDate: Sunday, 03 Feb 2013, 12:00 PM | Message # 19
Lieutenant general
The Council of Moffs was created so that Moffs can resolve these matters outside of the ponderous bureaucracy of the Senate. I think it's beneath you, Senator, to attack this venerable Council as some sort of bureaucratic purgatory. I doubt it'd take the Moff Council a week to resolve this, provided Moff Winder is more cooperative with his fellow Moffs than he's been with the Senate in the past. I remind you the Ash Worlds have been largely ignored for 20,000 years.

Toben-DomonDate: Sunday, 03 Feb 2013, 1:43 PM | Message # 20
Major general
Awards: 0
Bearing in mind Senator Cambrist's reservations about Moff Winder expanding a power base, might I ask if the Moff has even a suitable list of candidates selected to oversee the Ash Worlds for him?

Toben Domon
Senator, Sluis Van

Senator_CambristDate: Thursday, 07 Feb 2013, 12:23 PM | Message # 21
Lieutenant general
Senator Oriel, a compromise, perhaps? Would you be averse to an amendment to the effect that the provisions of the bill are subject to review by the Moff Council? That way, the Council may choose to review it or not as Moff Winder's fellow Moffs may or may not wish to do so. I think this would allow the will of the Senate to be expressed without stepping on the toes, as it were, of quite a few other Moffs who may have as compelling, if not more compelling an interest in the Ash Worlds.

Bernard_OrielDate: Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 1:50 AM | Message # 22
Colonel general
I have inserted Senator Cambrist's proposal.

Bernard Oriel

Verence_TerrawinDate: Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 2:03 PM | Message # 23
Major general
With Senator Cambrist's amendment I am amenable to this decision. The Ash Worlds do require -some- form of Governance and so long as the Moff Concil does not object then I'd like to see Auril Sector (and dare I hope, Auril Sector Member worlds helping too) ships providing the first patrols in these remote regions for years.

Verence Terrawin

Senator of Alsakan
First Lord of the Foreign Office, Alsakan

Jason_BertumanDate: Wednesday, 13 Feb 2013, 10:55 AM | Message # 24
Lieutenant
I concur with Senator Cambrist. Any proposals we made regarding militaristic actions should be gone directly to the Council of the Moffs. We could pass this proposal and then bring it before the Council of Moffs, and have them review the proposal...as Senator Cambrist had mentioned. If we want to make our voices heard on the matters concerning Sector Moffs, this is the process to do so. I think this also would at very least bring a friendlier stance between the Senate and the Council of the Moffs. I vote in favor with Senator Cambrist's amendment in effect.

~Senator Bertuman of Christophsis

Sate_PestageDate: Sunday, 17 Feb 2013, 8:20 PM | Message # 25
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
Assuming that Senator Cambrist has rescinded his vote against now that his language is included in the bill, and Senator Bertuman's vote also contingent on the Cambrist amendment, the measure passes with 75% in favor and 25% opposed.

Sate Pestage
Grand Vizier of the Empire
Assistant to Emperor Palpatine
Chair of the Imperial Senate

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » The Ash Worlds Governance Act (An Act to bolster good law and order.)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz