MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Wednesday
6:51 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Archive - read only
Forum moderator: Sate_Pestage  
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » The Tionese Extraordinary Representation Act
The Tionese Extraordinary Representation Act
Chernobog_CronDate: Monday, 04 Feb 2013, 7:36 PM | Message # 16
Sergeant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Mr. Cambrist, I see that you are merely trying to bait me, to anger me; it was a well known tactic of my predecessor Mr. Kuriyoshi. I must ask though if you're feeling well Mr. Cambrist, it was brought up that my predecessor acted very much as you are acting now in such a manner; that it was question if my predecessor was suffering the ill effects of some mental anguish or malady. Have you seen a physician lately Mr. Cambrist? I would without any trouble be able to recommend a great physician from Chandaar be dispatched to check on you with all his fees paid up front from my own pocket. I could even send my personal physician if you feel that would be much more suitable.

Chernobog Cron
First Minister of the Cronese Mandate
Duke of House Cron
Lord of Argai

Senator_CambristDate: Monday, 04 Feb 2013, 10:31 PM | Message # 17
Lieutenant general
Awards: 6
As a matter of fact, the terk hide I had for lunch was overly-seasoned and I'm experiencing some indigestion as a result. The flavor came on much too strong, as you do, Mr. Cron. I regret to say I'm finding you equally distasteful. But the fault is mine—I should have known better than to attempt humor with a representative of the Cronese Mandate. However, you, Mr. Cron, would do well not to attempt humor under any circumstance. You're simply not an intentionally funny individual, Sir. Humor suits you even worse than the title "Representative of the Tionese People" suits Hector Cynum.

I am glad, Senator Ryuun, that someone was able to discern the point I was making. I did so fancifully, but I think it's illustrative of Mr. Cynum's unsuitability for this position. If Mr. Cron found it disconcerting, perhaps he'll understand how his counterparts in the Tion Cluster would feel about Cynum similarly being declared their "Warden" and "Representative."

LomenRyuunDate: Tuesday, 05 Feb 2013, 4:28 AM | Message # 18
Lieutenant general
Awards: 1
I understand completely what you mean, Senator Cambrist. Nonetheless, I must take a moment of time to make a brief query of Mr. Cron: is it true that the Cronese Mandate is offering worlds protection of their fleet around Mandate-built trade stations?

Lomen Ryuun
Senator, Doldur Sector
Senator, Druckenwell
Representative, Monor II (10 BBY - 9 BBY)
Representative, Geridard
Representative, Boranall
Representative, Therenor Prime
Vice-chairman, Defense Committee (Temporarily suspended)
Controlling Shareholder - Druckenwell Arms Corporation

Chernobog_CronDate: Tuesday, 05 Feb 2013, 12:30 PM | Message # 19
Sergeant
At this moment Senator Ryuun I must decline to answer that question; as when set upon what is being debated here I believe that it is not the appropriate time or setting for such a question. I have said all I need to say on the Act in question, and it is clear that Mr. Cambrist was unable to discern a joke being answered with a joke. As such I will now withdraw myself from further debate.

Chernobog Cron
First Minister of the Cronese Mandate
Duke of House Cron
Lord of Argai

LomenRyuunDate: Tuesday, 05 Feb 2013, 6:46 PM | Message # 20
Lieutenant general
If you must withdraw, Mr. Cron, then withdraw. Just be aware that because of legislation in place, if the Cronese Mandate currently projects fleet elements outside of the Mandate, they may be subject to legal ramifications in the Senate. I wished to caution you on this. But nonetheless, best of luck to you.

Lomen Ryuun
Senator, Doldur Sector
Senator, Druckenwell
Representative, Monor II (10 BBY - 9 BBY)
Representative, Geridard
Representative, Boranall
Representative, Therenor Prime
Vice-chairman, Defense Committee (Temporarily suspended)
Controlling Shareholder - Druckenwell Arms Corporation

Bernard_OrielDate: Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 1:56 AM | Message # 21
Colonel general
I think the Motion should stand roughly as it does at present; the Wardenship is a position I would like to see created to have a permanent peace delegate in principle, I think the suitability of the initial candidate is also established to my own satisfaction and I am disappointed if others do not feel the same; however I don't know of a better candidate and as time goes ever on without an alternative suggested who is viable I will continue with my nomination. Although I am open to amending it where it may be appropriate if there are any constructive measures to propose be integrated.

Bernard Oriel
Senator for the Planet of Vjun
1st Earl Malreaux (Second Creation)
Vjun Delegation to the Imperial Senate

Verence_TerrawinDate: Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 1:59 PM | Message # 22
Major general
I vote in favour of this motion. Mr Cynum has proven very willing to use military force and drastic measures that could prove disruptive if seen repeatedly. I'd like to see him working for the Empire and for Peace instead of narrow ethnic interests.

I am concerned about this though Senator Cambrist, and recognize that he is at present a man of war (but I would see him become a man of peace). Would you be amenable to joining me in proposing that this motion go further and call for the subordinating of all Auril Union ships to the Moff of the Auril Sector to be that Sector's reserve force and be at the call of its worlds elsewise?

Verence Terrawin

Senator of Alsakan
First Lord of the Foreign Office, Alsakan

Toben-DomonDate: Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 7:33 PM | Message # 23
Major general
In my opinion, Mr. Cynum needs to be stripped of a military command before he ravages another world or starts another pointless blood feud. I am against this motion.

Toben Domon
Senator, Sluis Van

Bernard_OrielDate: Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 8:46 PM | Message # 24
Colonel general
So would you be prepared to support the motion with Senator Terrawin's amendment?

Bernard Oriel

Toben-DomonDate: Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 9:18 PM | Message # 25
Major general
Not likely. Your bill heaps too many honors on Mr. Cynum's head. Even with the amendment I would not support this.

Toben Domon
Senator, Sluis Van

Bernard_OrielDate: Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 9:22 PM | Message # 26
Colonel general
If the actual high honours awarded were withdrawn, would that alay your concern? Specifically the removal of the clause for the Barony; then this is simply a motion to appoint him to a sequence of positions, none of them particularly exalted; working for the Empire.

Bernard Oriel

Senator_CambristDate: Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 9:32 PM | Message # 27
Lieutenant general
Awards: 6
Is there a reason the Tionese are not being allowed to choose their own "Warden" and "Representative"? Why should we foist Mr. Cynum upon them if they don't want him? (It's conceivable at least that they don't want him. Mr. Cynum, after all, doesn't even reside in the Tion Cluster). Senator Oriel, does it matter, frankly, that Mr. Cynum's suitability is established to your satisfaction and not the people we're declaring him the representative of?

Added (08 Feb 2013, 9:32 PM)
---------------------------------------------
By this precedent, the Senate could appoint Mr. Cynum the "Warden" and "Representative" of Vjun or Alsakan too, could it not?

Bernard_OrielDate: Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 9:51 PM | Message # 28
Colonel general
The Senate could appoint any official in theory. The powers of both positions are layed out clearly and are minimal. Amendments are up addressing both Senator Terrawin and Senator Domon's issues.

Definitions of the positions to be created - with Mr Cynum as the initial incumbent. Bringing him out of the military life and more fully into a role where he will work tirelessly for the Empire.

Warden of the Tion Cluster - Special Imperial Peace Envoy for Life to help foster Imperial Identity and ameliorate ethnic conflict through dialogue and amity. Appointed for life (subject to conduct), on retirement, dismissal or death of the incumbent the position is reappointed by the Emperor with Senate Consultation.
Representative of the Tionese People - Subsidiary position to above; meaning a representative in the common language sense of the word not the Senatorial. This is simply assigning a lobbyist for the views of the Tionese people themselves in the corridors of power - this is not a position which has any popular mandate (nor does it require it) as it simply consists of advocating and representing the thoughts of one segment of the regional population (who are presently under-represented) to the Imperial Government.

Bernard Oriel

Message edited by Bernard_Oriel - Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 10:19 PM

Jason_BertumanDate: Wednesday, 13 Feb 2013, 11:21 AM | Message # 29
Lieutenant
I proposal that this bill be put on a hold and that a special session be held with involvement of Grand Vizier Pestage (or any senior Imperial officer) to serve as the mediator, Senators Cambrist and Oriel, and important figures from both Tion Cluster and Auril Sector to make some modifications to this bill that all the parties involved could agree before bring forth a new and revised proposal. With Grand Vizier Pestage's approval, of course.

~Senator Bertuman of Christophsis

Bernard_OrielDate: Friday, 15 Feb 2013, 11:44 AM | Message # 30
Colonel general
I think that's a waste of my and Senator Cambrist's time I'm afraid Senator Bertuman. This is not a matter I anticipated nor wished to take up a great deal of time and was one I assumed would be procedural and for the good of the Empire. While I will accommodate amendment I will not kick motions into extended stints in the "long grass" without any reason to do so, I'd sooner withdraw the motion and leave the status quo as it is.

Bernard Oriel

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » The Tionese Extraordinary Representation Act
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz