Wednesday
10:51 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Archive - read only
Forum moderator: Sate_Pestage  
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » The Tionese Extraordinary Representation Act
The Tionese Extraordinary Representation Act
Bernard_OrielDate: Wednesday, 30 Jan 2013, 2:38 AM | Message # 1
Colonel general
Group: Users
Awards: 1
The Tionese Extraordinary Representation Act

1. This act grants to the presently nominated but not yet sworn-in Senator of the Auril Sector, Hector Cynum, the title of "Warden of the Tion Cluster" and "Representative of the Tionese People" as and when he accepts his office. He is also offered the title of "Lord Custodian of the Quatre Ports" in the Peerage of Vjun, giving him a small fief that controls the four major Ports on the Bay of Tears on Vjun, and entitling him to the assets of the former owners.

2. This act requires Hector Cynum to lay down all his active military titles as of accepting these positions it is inappropriate for an officer now in the service of the Empire to serve another military.

- The Auril Sector Defense Union ("Auril Sector Irregulars") will now be considered a quasi-autonomous Auxilliary force to the Moff of the Auril Sector. Deployments of these ships may be requested by planets who are within that alliance but must be approved by the Moff himself.

3. The holder of the "Wardenship of the Tion Cluster" shall hold the rank in the Imperial Diplomatic Corps of Envoy. The Wardenship is for life, upon the death of the Warden a successor shall be named by the Emperor after consultation with the Senate. Note, the Wardenship is not hereditary.
- The Warden of the Tion Cluster may be addressed as "Your Eminence" or alternatively "Your Excellency" by subordinates and as "Lord Warden" by equals or superiors.
- The Warden of the Tion Cluster shall be concerned with keeping the peace and ameliorating ethnic tensions within the Tion Cluster, instead assuring the Imperial identity is the first and foremost identity each citizen has.
- The Warden of the Tion Cluster shall liase so far as possible with the Governments of the Tionese regions, Cronese Mandate and other Cronese areas to attempt to encourage unity and dialogue instead of war as the solution to their problems.
- The Warden of the Tion Cluster shall have reasonable expenses incurred during the execution of his duty and to support a moderate lifestyle repaid by the Imperial Diplomatic Corps.
- The Warden of the Tion Cluster shall have diplomatic immunity as an Imperial Diplomat, but may not travel in (even at his own expense) a craft larger than a Consular-class Cruiser unless it is not under his command or the command of his employees or subordinates.
- The Warden of the Tion Cluster shall be (naturally) subordinate to all Sector Governors and senior Imperial officials.

4. The holder of the title "Representative of the Tionese People" shall be a subsidiary position to the Warden of the Tion Cluster and shall be attached to it, it shall consist of a voting non-Senatorial seat in the chamber.

- This position shall be simply one to lobby in the interests of the Tionese People; this does not mean in the formal Senatorial sense of a Senate Representative, simply it shall be the second duty of the Warden of the Tion Cluster to help express and communicate the views of the Tionese People were possible and act as a lobbying official on the behalf of their wellbeing within the corridors of power on Imperial Center.

5. Hector Cynum shall further, on receipt of his seat and retention of it for three months be appointed Vice-Chairman of the Imperial Department for Epidemic Prevention and a seat on the Imperial Xenodetic Survey Department Board of Directors and will be urged to not only support but also actively participate in it's expeditions as a representative of the Imperial Senate.

6. The First Minister of the Cronese Mandate, Chernobog Cron and Hector Cynum, shall be nominated for the "Civilian Distinguished Medal of Imperial Honor" for his role in furthering peace and understanding in the Tion Cluster.

7. Lorrd and the Auril Union are lauded for their commitment to peace and this act affirms Senatorial support for the Treaty and reminds both parties of their obligations. A vote of thanks is issued to Senator Aurelia, Senator Lekpin and Senator-select Cynum for coming to a peaceful solution to the conflict.

Bernard Oriel
Senator for the Planet of Vjun
1st Earl Malreaux (Second Creation)
Vjun Delegation to the Imperial Senate

Message edited by Bernard_Oriel - Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 10:02 PM

LomenRyuunDate: Wednesday, 30 Jan 2013, 8:24 AM | Message # 2
Lieutenant general
While I see no real issue with Mr. Cynum being appointed as the Warden of the Tion Cluster, I see no reason to heap a multitude of titles and awards upon the man. There is no need to name him a Baron of the Empire, or to see him upon either board. While I salute Mr. Cynum for taking up the cause of the Auril Sector and Tion Hegemony's defense, I still recall the man who wished to start a war with Lorrd on very flimsy pretenses. As such, I will not support this legislation until modifications are made.

Lomen Ryuun
Senator, Doldur Sector
Senator, Druckenwell
Representative, Monor II (10 BBY - 9 BBY)
Representative, Geridard
Representative, Boranall
Representative, Therenor Prime
Vice-chairman, Defense Committee (Temporarily suspended)
Controlling Shareholder - Druckenwell Arms Corporation

Message edited by LomenRyuun - Wednesday, 30 Jan 2013, 8:33 AM

Roman_LekpinDate: Wednesday, 30 Jan 2013, 8:54 AM | Message # 3
Colonel
Awards: 0
Lorrd feels it might be better for Mr. Cynum to move away from direct military control of the Auril Sector and work more with the governing aspect. As such, I am in favor.

Roman Lekpin
Representative, Lorrd (11 BBY-10 BBY) (9 BBY-Present)
Chosen of House Garth

Senator_CambristDate: Sunday, 03 Feb 2013, 9:06 AM | Message # 4
Lieutenant general
Awards: 6
What is it that Mr. Cynum is being so generously rewarded for? I have no prejudice for this Cynum person, and I confess the Lorrd-Auril Union war was of very little interest to me, very little interest indeed. But I can't fathom why the Empire should reward this man for assenting to the peaceful resolution of a conflict that, by all reasonable accounts, he himself started. Is some Imperial interest being advanced here that I'm not seeing?

I am procedurally against this measure until Senator Oriel elucidates for us his rationale behind it.

Bernard_OrielDate: Sunday, 03 Feb 2013, 10:10 AM | Message # 5
Colonel general
Mr Cynum has made a lasting peace with Lorrd that has yielded over a billion credits to the Imperial Treasury over the next five years.

He's also completely turned around relations between the Cronese and Tionese, now instead of war the two rival cultures are signing trade pacts Senator Cambrist. He's also committing to peace by selling off his invasion fleet, donating a Medical Frigate to the Cronese Mandate and has said he is putting his most advanced ship; a state of the art "Anti-Drone Destroyer" on sale to demonstrate his commitment to peace.

Do you remember how much tiresome hassle the Cronese-Tionese, Tionese-Cronese feud was with endless debates discussing cultural politics going back a hundred generations? Cynum and Cron have done a great deal to solve their differences and help bring about a more peaceful empire which is stable in the long term. I don't see why he should not be granted some minor recognition for this in the form of an unsalaried position as a special envoy to the region to continue peacemaking. Furthermore this would make him a direct servant of the Empire and so he would be showing by example to both races in the Tion Cluster that it is to the Empire they owe their first allegiance and that the Human race ought to be one race undivided by cultural rivalries. I also think he would add a lot to the Committees and bodies I proposed him to. Mr Cynum will be thus brought into the warm embrace of his Ancestors home on Imperial Center to demonstrate the mutual regard between the core and its descendant colonies; and the Empire to all men.

Bernard Oriel

Senator_CambristDate: Sunday, 03 Feb 2013, 11:22 AM | Message # 6
Lieutenant general
I'm inclined to doubt how much credit Mr. Cynum himself deserves for these accomplishments, Senator Oriel. I won't do so openly, however, for one thing because I admit to my ignorance on this topic, but also because I'm persuaded that this proposal would help put to rest some of the many Tionese-initiated conflicts you refer to (though I invite Mr. Cron to disabuse me of this notion if I'm wrong). It is counter-intuitive to me that heaping honors on one side of the Tionese-Cronese disputes is the way to resolve them peacefully, but provided no objection is raised by the Cronese, I doubt I'll oppose the measure.

But is not "Representative of the Tionese People" a problematic title considering the Auril Sector is quite small in comparison to the totality of Tionese space, and Mr. Cynum, frankly, a rather insignificant figure compared to the House of Tion and many other members of the actual Tionese polity? The niche population of Tionese in the Auril Sector—which, incidentally, Mr. Cynum does not formally represent—can't be more than a tenth of the total Tionese population in the galaxy. I'd be surprised, in fact, if it was that much.

Incidentally, I resist a groan at the fact the Senate now finds itself, once again, discussing Tionese culture.

Message edited by Senator_Cambrist - Sunday, 03 Feb 2013, 11:23 AM

Bernard_OrielDate: Sunday, 03 Feb 2013, 11:34 AM | Message # 7
Colonel general
Senator, he's a popular man among them. I don't know anything about the culture in detail but as a popular figure (and a pro-Imperial and pro-reconciliation with the Cronese one) I don't feel it inappropriate to attack the title to the Wardenship and not specifically to Cynum- especially as the Cronese have their own King.

I'm not going to propose some bribe yourself rich "democratic" ballot or any such nonsense. No he's not their democratic representative. Yes he is (seemingly) fairly well regarded among his Ethnic grouping. Combined with his clear willingness to serve the Emperor and lead his ethnic group closer to the Empire I think this makes him the most visual, well known and thus ideal candidate for the job.

Note, the proposal is for the Warden to simply represent the views of a massive (and historically very loyal to the Republic and Empire) group. It's not the same as being Senator of the Allied Tion Sector or the Tion Hegemony's Senator who can claim (if they are elected at least) a direct popular Mandate; this is just a title signifying a duty for Mr Cynum to represent the General "feel" and "mood" of the Tionese People to the Senate (it's not as if he would gain an extra vote since he would already be Auril Sector Senator) - I believe that an appointed official free of the ties of mobocracy or direct constituency politics is more able to represent the views of a group than one directly elected by them or appointed by their leaders.

And may I urge the Honourable Member from of the Cronese Mandate not to rise to the bait of attempting to place blame for various ethnic difficulties in the past. They are setting aside these former misgivings and I urge you if you love your Empire to not seek to once more divide a people who are attempting to resolve their differences amicably and without finger pointing.

Bernard Oriel

Message edited by Bernard_Oriel - Sunday, 03 Feb 2013, 11:36 AM

Senator_CambristDate: Sunday, 03 Feb 2013, 11:50 AM | Message # 8
Lieutenant general
I didn't suggest Mr. Cynum be elected, nor that he would be if such an election were to be held. My suggestion was that there is already a Tionese polity that represents the Tionese people. There are more than one, in fact. I additionally question whether Mr. Cynum's adventurism—attacking an Imperial world, for instance—is truly representative of the Tionese people in this day and age, who have long been regarded as isolationist. This goes back to my point: Mr. Cynum seems to (informally) represent a militarist strain of the Tionese people who are particular to the Auril Sector. What message are we sending to the far more populous and influential Tion Hegemony to declare a fringe figure in Tionese culture to be the "Representative of the Tionese People"?

Added (03 Feb 2013, 11:50 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Also, for the record, I was not "baiting" the Cronese Mandate. This measure has been portrayed as beneficial to Tionese-Cronese peace. Being somewhat ignorant of this myself, I simply solicited Mr. Cron's view as to whether or not this is the case. I don't think this is unreasonable.

Message edited by Senator_Cambrist - Sunday, 03 Feb 2013, 11:51 AM

Bernard_OrielDate: Sunday, 03 Feb 2013, 11:50 AM | Message # 9
Colonel general
Frankly, I think the message matters little. It is demonstrable that one with a detached perspective has the more impartial and relevant view on a matter - in the Service of the Empire Mr Cynum can provide that, and can help end the wider Tionese-Cronese issue.

As I say, I dont want to discuss the details of the politics of the region. I just think it's demonstrable that he has serious political clout and can serve the Emperor far better this way than any other. As I say I propose this position be attached to the Wardenship not himself - thus the next Warden would be the Representative in the event Cynum was replaced.

Bernard Oriel

Message edited by Bernard_Oriel - Sunday, 03 Feb 2013, 11:52 AM

Chernobog_CronDate: Sunday, 03 Feb 2013, 12:07 PM | Message # 10
Sergeant
I respectfully request the Chair allow me the right to address the Senate on this matter.

Chernobog Cron
First Minister of the Cronese Mandate
Duke of House Cron
Lord of Argai

Sate_PestageDate: Sunday, 03 Feb 2013, 12:11 PM | Message # 11
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
The gentlemen is recognized for the duration of this debate.

Sate Pestage
Grand Vizier of the Empire
Assistant to Emperor Palpatine
Chair of the Imperial Senate

Senator_CambristDate: Monday, 04 Feb 2013, 9:57 AM | Message # 12
Lieutenant general
The message we're sending matters a great deal, in my estimation. Mr. Cynum may have "serious political clout" with a certain percentage of the Tionese people in the Auril Sector, but this isn't reason enough to alienate the majority of the Tionese people in the actual Tion Cluster by declaring him "Representative of the Tionese People." For one thing, it's unnecessary—this proposal bestows many other titles on Mr. Cynum as it is. But it's simply not accurate either, and the message that's sent to the Tion Hegemony, to the House of Tion and other Tionese houses, is that a fringe figure in Tionese culture is being rewarded for being more troublesome to the Empire than they are.

I mean no disrespect, but the Tion Cluster is vastly more important to the Empire than the Auril Sector. I'm not against bringing Mr. Cynum into the tent, as it were, but not at the expense of the Empire's relationship with the Tion Hegemony. I have no doubt that bestowing the title "Representative of the Tionese People" on Mr. Cynum would be accompanied promptly by a letter of protest from the Hegemony. It is a trifling distinction that it is attached to the title and not to the man.

Added (04 Feb 2013, 9:57 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Senators, upon closer reading, I am aghast. This "Wardenship" is of the entire Tion Cluster? I vote firmly against this. I anticipate not only a letter of protest from the Tion Hegemony upon passage of this bill, but the resentment of the entire Tionese people but for a small number of them in the Auril Sector (which, incidentally, is not even a part of the Tion Cluster). I seriously question whether Mr. Cynum, who fits the definition of a "warlord," is representative of the Tionese people in this day and age. For the Empire to declare this man the "Warden of the Tion Cluster" and "Representative of the Tionese People" is a slap in the face to thousands of years of Tionese isolationism. I don't believe the Empire should be involved in this at all, but if it is, the Tionese houses are more worthy of this recognition than this unaccountable parvenu from the fringe of Tionese space.

Chernobog_CronDate: Monday, 04 Feb 2013, 4:29 PM | Message # 13
Sergeant
Thank you Grand Vizier.

Gentle-beings and Ladies of the Senate, we must come to the simple conclusion that times are changing; and that these changes are for the best. Merely a year ago my predecessor stood here in this Senate Hall shouting about indignities he believed to be pressed upon the Cronese People at the hands of the Tionese. Today I stand here a year later showing that the time has finally come when peace is being reached by the Cronese and the Tionese. We no longer look to ourselves as Tionese, or as Cronese, nay we look to ourselves as a unified people of the Tion Cluster and one that will be stronger for our unification in our goal to serve the Empire than as bickering Sectors fighting amongst ourselves.

What I see is a time for peace between our peoples, all peoples of the Tion Cluster, and in these Act I see the first step to solidify that peace and build upon it. Yet I am dismayed that a world, whose Senator has openly said he paid no attention to the conflicts of the Tion Cluster stands here and would halt the progress of peace. Yes Mr. Cynum may by a Tionese on the fringe, and yes he may have sparked a conflict over a trivial matter; however in the time I've spent speaking with him he has shown his ability to lead a people and his courage and will to do so.

I can agree and understand that the Houses of Tion may find this an affront by placing Mr. Cynum in this wardenship of the Tion Cluster; however I see a means to ensure that no such affront is given. I believe that Senator Oriel, and even Mr. Cynum would agree to a small revision to this Act.

Senator Oriel, I stand here and suggest that a simple addition be added to your Act. Merely a simple means to further peace and to ensure that all parties would feel acceptable. That addition should state simply.

"The position of Warden of the Tion Cluster shall come attached with it positions for Advisers; which shall be filled by an elected member from each Sector of the Tion Cluster; the Tion Hegemony, the Cronese Mandate and the Allied Tion Sector; to act as a beneficial voice for the people to aid in the Warden of the Tion Cluster's ability to represent the needs of the Imperial Citizens of the Tion Cluster."

I believe that this would be more than sufficient enough to ensure a fair and equal voice of the denizens of the Tion Cluster.

Chernobog Cron
First Minister of the Cronese Mandate
Duke of House Cron
Lord of Argai

Senator_CambristDate: Monday, 04 Feb 2013, 6:34 PM | Message # 14
Lieutenant general
While we're at it, I propose an amendment of my own.

"The Senate hereby appoints, let's say, Draken Tu'rot as 'Warden of the Cronese Mandate' and 'Representative of the Cronese People.' The Cronese shall address him as 'Your Magnificence' and his expenses shall be reimbursed with Cronese taxpayer money."

After all, Senator Tu'rot has serious political clout in the Red Twins system.

LomenRyuunDate: Monday, 04 Feb 2013, 6:57 PM | Message # 15
Lieutenant general
I am fully behind Senator Cambrist's amendment.

Lomen Ryuun
Senator, Doldur Sector
Senator, Druckenwell
Representative, Monor II (10 BBY - 9 BBY)
Representative, Geridard
Representative, Boranall
Representative, Therenor Prime
Vice-chairman, Defense Committee (Temporarily suspended)
Controlling Shareholder - Druckenwell Arms Corporation

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » The Tionese Extraordinary Representation Act
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz