Thursday
10:27 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Archive - read only
Forum moderator: Sate_Pestage  
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » The Northern Annexed Territories Garrison Act
The Northern Annexed Territories Garrison Act
Bernard_OrielDate: Wednesday, 30 Jan 2013, 5:30 AM | Message # 1
Colonel general
Group: Users
Awards: 1
The Northern Annexed Territories Garrison Act

An act to ensure that the traditional enemies of the Hutts are deployed to the newly annexed territories as a demonstration of the determination of the Empire to use any and all means to prevent Huttese re-expansion into these liberated areas.

1. The Periphery shall be garrisoned by the Cronese Mandate as a supplemental force to the Imperial assets present.

The Mandate's forces are empowered to:
- Construct a protected installation on each of any three worlds in the region (installations with the clear ability to act as staging posts for further action into Hutt Space), and to confiscate the land to do so in the event the locals are unwilling to sell.
- Patrol the spacelanes within the Periphery, intercept vessels suspected of carrying contraband.
- Engage hostile warcraft, seek out and destroy Separatist Holdout forces in the region.
- Protect and serve the citizens of the Empire.
- Obey all orders of the local Imperial Sector Government promptly and lend assistance where it may be required.
- To raise native levies (for use in their own sector) and utilize local non-human labour if circumstances require it.

2. The Iotran Expanse shall be garrisoned by the forces of the alliance known as the "Auril Union" as a supplemental force to the Imperial assets present.

The Auril Union forces are empowered to:
- Construct a protected installation on each of any three worlds in the region (installations with the clear ability to act as staging posts for further action into Hutt Space), and to confiscate the land to do so in the event the locals are unwilling to sell.
- Patrol the spacelanes within the Periphery, intercept vessels suspected of carrying contraband.
- Engage hostile warcraft, seek out and destroy Separatist Holdout forces in the region.
- Obey all orders of the local Imperial Sector Government promptly and lend assistance where it may be required.
- To raise native levies (for use in their own sector) and utilize local non-human labour if circumstances require it.

3. The Karstaxon Regions shall be garrisoned by the human forces of any interested Imperial Member Worlds as a coalition or unilateral effort in aid of the Imperial patrol forces present.

The volunteer worlds yet to be named will be empowered to:
- Construct a fortified installation/berth in the Ghorn system and Talir system (installations with the clear ability to act as staging posts for further action into Hutt Space), and to confiscate the land to do so in the event the locals are unwilling to sell.
- Establish a picket of sensor beacons along Hutt space so as to allow coordination of effective Customs interdiction of contraband.

4. A joint-operations command shall be established with all Garrison factions present. They shall cooperate as servants of the Emperor should and demonstrate the setting aside of any previous quarrels. The Joint Command shall be on

5. Let it be remembered that the whole Tion Cluster suffered from the depredations of the Hutts; it is in unity that man may show the alien his true strength.

6. The Garrisons shall remain in place for five years, after which time Imperial forces will resume full patrol duties in the region.

Bernard Oriel
Senator for the Planet of Vjun
1st Earl Malreaux (Second Creation)
Vjun Delegation to the Imperial Senate

Message edited by Bernard_Oriel - Friday, 15 Feb 2013, 11:47 AM

LomenRyuunDate: Wednesday, 30 Jan 2013, 8:09 AM | Message # 2
Lieutenant general
Druckenwell is highly in favor of this motion and is further willing to assist in the Karstaxon Regions.

Lomen Ryuun
Senator, Doldur Sector
Senator, Druckenwell
Representative, Monor II (10 BBY - 9 BBY)
Representative, Geridard
Representative, Boranall
Representative, Therenor Prime
Vice-chairman, Defense Committee (Temporarily suspended)
Controlling Shareholder - Druckenwell Arms Corporation

Roman_LekpinDate: Wednesday, 30 Jan 2013, 8:59 AM | Message # 3
Colonel
Awards: 0
Lorrd has no issue with this legislation. While we do not wish to partake in border patrol duties, I am in favor of the motion as it stands.

Roman Lekpin
Representative, Lorrd (11 BBY-10 BBY) (9 BBY-Present)
Chosen of House Garth

Draken_TurotDate: Thursday, 31 Jan 2013, 3:10 PM | Message # 4
Major general
Acherin votes in favor!!! Also if some spare forces are needed for the Karstaxon Regions, Acherin will GLADLY supply a small force!!!

Senator_CambristDate: Sunday, 03 Feb 2013, 10:01 AM | Message # 5
Lieutenant general
Awards: 6
Should the Empire really endorse the non-governmental Auril Union which is, in effect, an ethnic paramilitary force operating freely, dare I say unaccountably, in Imperial space? I find it extraordinary that this bill places the Auril Union in the same category as the Cronese Mandate and other Imperial-recognized planetary governments, and empowers the Auril Union to enforce the law and even to levy taxes. I remind the Senate the Auril Union is an interest group. It is not the government of the Auril Sector.

I wouldn't be so exercised about this if I weren't, I admit, somewhat vexed at having encountered three proposals from Senator Oriel in recent days concerning the Auril Sector. It is beginning to strain my efforts to not care.

I'll reserve the rest of my commentary on this measure until the above is addressed.

Bernard_OrielDate: Sunday, 03 Feb 2013, 10:28 AM | Message # 6
Colonel general
They're both possessed of fleets of reasonable quality and are Zealous to demonstrate their loyalty to the Empire by helping to garrison it's conquests. The Auril Union is an alliance of worlds (and volunteers from assorted Tionese worlds) and the Cronese Mandate is a Client State; of course the Cronese Mandate is a more sovereign group, and demonstrably a more militarily powerful one (which is why it's been proposed to patrol more border).

I am also proposing other powers commit to pledge garrison forces - but I believe at present there is a great surge in pro Imperial feeling in the Cronese Mandate and surrounding Tionese areas. Why not use this for their benefit and the Empires. Noone is set to profit or increase in power here Senator Cambrist, but to show themselves as loyal servants of the Emperor willing to shed their blood for his territories as one people, under one Emperor. And other worlds if they wish to incur such a burden (for no reward but a very limited remuneration of expenses incurred) then I urge them to do so; as I am urging my own worlds Parliament to commit ships to act as auxiliaries to the Empire in the region.

Again this is a motion which allows the most prominent military forces of both the Cronese and Tionese to work together in a common cause for the good of the Empire. And yes the Auril Union would be empowered to tax the alien systems it will be assigned to protect. It is fair to expect aliens to labour and contribute to their own Defense.

Added (03 Feb 2013, 10:28 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Essentially. To put it in your terms, I want to see these troublesome Rimward cultures united under the Imperial Banner, serving the Empire. So that never again will we be debating petty human on human ethnic tensions. These are motions to create one Tion Cluster in One Empire and as a united race of men. It is only thus that you will be able to blissfully unaware of the region once more.

Bernard Oriel

Senator_CambristDate: Sunday, 03 Feb 2013, 10:49 AM | Message # 7
Lieutenant general
If indeed there exists a zeal among the Tionese, namely those of the Auril Sector, to "demonstrate their loyalty to the Empire," would not a more convincing demonstration be to integrate their military forces into the duly-constituted Imperial government of the Auril Sector, rather than continuing to operate as what is essentially a marauding un-Imperial ethnic paramilitary force? You'll forgive me for being skeptical, Senator, but much infamy has been perpetrated throughout history in the name of patriotism, and I am wary at the dual-allegiance of this Auril Union to the Empire and, simultaneously, to its provincial and ethnic interests; the very antithesis of the New Order. I think you and I are in common cause on this point, Senator Oriel, only I don't seem to be as accommodating as you (admirably) are.

I'm not sure I can share your view that the greater good of the Empire is served by rewarding the Auril Union for its decidedly un-Imperial and fiercely independent politics. Not that I am unfavorable to the Auril Union in any respect, only I'm not unduly favorable to it either. Not enough to compromise Imperial principles for the sake of a Cronese-Tionese unity that has already, as you pointed out, developed mostly in the absence of Imperial involvement.

Bernard_OrielDate: Sunday, 03 Feb 2013, 11:06 AM | Message # 8
Colonel general
In allowing formerly hostile groups of humans to work together for the Imperial good and build a better future for the Annexed regions (profiting the Empire both indirectly by future growth and directly by the Empire's inheritance of the garrison bases after the five year tenture.

I dont think a mutual defense pact between worlds is the Antithesis to the Empire Senator Cambrist. Or why is Brentaal a member of the Imperial Loyalist Coalition of Free Trading Worlds? It is no more "sectional" than the Auril Union which while in the past has redressed mainly ethnic problems, is now under Mr Cynum pushing forward for unity between the Tionese and Cronese, thus Unity between all Humans and Unity as an Empire.

Notionally, the Union is just an alliance of worlds committed to defend eachother's mutual interests, citizens and governments from outside threats - I dont think this is in of itself anti Imperial. Yes it has a Tionese Identity, but they are demonstrating their wish to set this aside by seeking to serve as auxilliaries (for no profit to themselves) to the Empire.

Do you think having the Cronese and Tionese forces fighting for the Empire as Auxiliaries against Alien Criminals and Raiders and thus learning to serve the Empire together is desirable? Or would you rather see their tentative entreaties to eachother spoiled the next time there is a minor ethnic problem on some isolated world - I want the Tion Cluster residents to be strong enough and united enough as Imperial Humans so that they will have no urge to evermore commit acts against their fellow man unless he is seeking to damage the Empire.

Bernard Oriel

Chernobog_CronDate: Sunday, 03 Feb 2013, 12:08 PM | Message # 9
Sergeant
I respectfully request the Chair allow me the right to address the Senate on this matter.

Chernobog Cron
First Minister of the Cronese Mandate
Duke of House Cron
Lord of Argai

Sate_PestageDate: Sunday, 03 Feb 2013, 12:12 PM | Message # 10
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
Mr. Cron is recognized.

Sate Pestage
Grand Vizier of the Empire
Assistant to Emperor Palpatine
Chair of the Imperial Senate

Senator_CambristDate: Monday, 04 Feb 2013, 10:23 AM | Message # 11
Lieutenant general
Not anti-Imperial, Senator. Un-Imperial, insofar as the Auril Union is not an Imperial force. Nor can it be compared to the Loyalist Coalition of Free Trading Worlds, Senator. The Coalition of which both Brentaal and Vjun are members, and whose membership is open to all, protects our worlds' commercial interests. The Auril Union, in addition to whatever else it's doing lately, is fundamentally a servant of tribal and ethnic interests. The New Order on which this Empire is founded strives to move humanity beyond this tribalism, and in this regard also the Auril Union can be described as "un-Imperial." But again, a trifling distinction.

I'll reserve the remainder of my comments for after Mr. Cron has spoken. I would like him to address whether the Empire should be showing favor to any side in the ethnic Tionese-Cronese conflicts, much less empowering them in this way to enforce the law in Imperial space. With all due respect to him and Senator Oriel, I feel that borders were established for the Cronese and the Tionese for a reason, and I am disinclined to expand either Tionese or Cronese influence to regions of space that are nowhere near what is now Tionese or Cronese territory for some highly notional idea about countering Hutt influence.

Free trade is the surest way to unite the Tionese and Cronese people.

Artemis_VandenDate: Monday, 04 Feb 2013, 10:53 AM | Message # 12
Major general
I too am apprehensive that the way to strengthen peace between the Cronese and the Tionese is to establish them militarily in adjacent territories far beyond either of their remits.

Artemis Vanden
Representative of the Naboo

Chernobog_CronDate: Monday, 04 Feb 2013, 4:45 PM | Message # 13
Sergeant
Senator Cambrist, you say that free trade is the surest way to unite the Tionese and Cronese People, and yet you've said before that you pay no attention to the Tion Cluster, nor care to its troubles; yet now here you seem to have become an expert on what will and what will not unite the Tionese and Cronese People. I must say that I am fascinated in your quick ability to absorb and understand such a situation and become an expert on it in mere matters when it has taken even our own scholars near lifetimes to understand the full intricate complexities of the hostilities and history between the Tionese and Cronese People; to that end I must applaud you Senator.

I must ask though Senator, as it would seem through you that the planet Brentaal has expanded its own influence over Imperial Space as from your many titles it would seem that Brentaal has influence over the Bormea, Nopces and Ganthel Systems. Looking to your own words then, Brentaal should have kept its influence within the borders of the Brentaal System, after all borders were established for a reason. Though I must ask, do you believe that borders were established for a reason and that Brentaal should be an exception to that reason, or should Brentaal be the one to establish those borders?

From my understanding of this Act, it is merely to add a supplemental addition to the already active Imperial patrols of the Regions. After all is the Imperial Navy expected to stop engaging Separatist Remnants in the area just to go chase after a smuggler when they can continue to do so and inform these supplemental forces of the vessel in question to allow them to apprehend and hold the vessel.

I also see this as a chance to further bring the Tionese and Cronese together, by placing them side by side in the trenches; so to say. By having them working together in the fullfillment of bettering the Empire together not as Tionese or Cronese but as Imperial Citizens, it will aid in the long run to ceasing these Ethnical clashes between our people.

Chernobog Cron
First Minister of the Cronese Mandate
Duke of House Cron
Lord of Argai

Senator_CambristDate: Monday, 04 Feb 2013, 6:20 PM | Message # 14
Lieutenant general
I thank you for your kind words, Chernobog. However, though I have admitted my ignorance on this topic—in fact, I've done so multiple times in precisely those words—I invite you to correct me if I've said even a single thing that is wrong. For instance, is the Auril Sector part of the Tion Cluster? I happen to have a degree in astrography, but I don't think I need one to read a map. And would free trade not advance the cause of Cronese-Tionese peace? I happen to know a thing or two about trade too, but I think this is merely common sense. Still, I've admitted my ignorance. Indeed, this is why I solicited your opinion, Mr. Cron. I see no reason to be snide, especially since I'm by no means the only person who doesn't want to care about ethnic Cronese-Tionese feuds. I thank you additionally for shedding some light on this subject for all of us.

(Incidentally, the Bormea, Nopces, and Ganthel systems are Brentaal's neighbors and friends. We have much in common, but these systems don't have a large enough population to qualify for Senators of their own and so petitioned Brentaal to represent them as well. This is no different than Senator Ryuun representing the planet Monor II or Senator Ordan representing the planet Axum. And of course you know the Cronese Mandate encompasses over 500 worlds, far more than I represent. Thus I hope you don't mind that I don't answer your rhetorical question, having demonstrated how silly it is).

Verence_TerrawinDate: Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 2:08 PM | Message # 15
Major general
At present I am in favour of this motion and Alsakan will contribute a peacekeeping force of one Light Cruiser and two other small capital vessels to bolster the Multi-Planetary force aiding the Imperial Annexation of Hutt Territory; the Empire is a vastly more progressive regime than the Hutts ever were and so we need to share with these people the blessings of civilization.

Let us note that if Senator Oriel incorporates my call for the Auril Sector Defense Union to be subordinated to the Moff of the Auril Sector's authority and that they require his say-so for operations then it would simply be a force sent by the Moff representing some of his sector's worlds.

Verence Terrawin

Senator of Alsakan
First Lord of the Foreign Office, Alsakan

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » The Northern Annexed Territories Garrison Act
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz