MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Wednesday
1:53 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Archive - read only
Forum moderator: Sate_Pestage  
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » Seeking Representation of Falleen
Seeking Representation of Falleen
Bernard_OrielDate: Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 9:47 PM | Message # 16
Colonel general
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Senator Lekpin, what business of yours is the topic of my question? What interest does Lorrd have in the Doldur Sector, Sentients Rights and Druckenwell in particular that justify this kind of vigorous attack on any who level questions you deem to be poorly inclined toward Druckenwell.

I asked a generalized question which applies to all worlds within the definition I set. Not to any single world in isolation.

Bernard Oriel
Senator for the Planet of Vjun
1st Earl Malreaux (Second Creation)
Vjun Delegation to the Imperial Senate

Prince_ZaydDate: Saturday, 09 Feb 2013, 0:49 AM | Message # 17
Private
Awards: 0
Falleen supported the Confederacy quite literally at the point of a lightsaber, Senator Kadram. I do not disparage Druckenwell now, but it is well-known that it was a more enthusiastic member of the Confederacy than we were. I mention this for a good reason, which is that Druckenwell, having volunteered itself as a major manufacturing world for the Cofnederacy, was also considered at the time a probable target for a Republic attack. It's for this reason, I believe, that the Confederacy coerced Falleen into supporting the Separatist cause—to deny the Republic a base from which to attack Druckenwell. For this reason, historians on Falleen are not kind to Druckenwell.

As for me, Senator Oriel, my family refused to buy Confederate war bonds and the family vineyard was burned. We took refuge with a family friend on Coruscant during the war. I looked after the family's financial interests while my father represented our people as best he could. With respect to your second question—whether then-members of the Confederacy should today be subject to bans on the manufacture of warships and so on—I would hope that this would only apply, as you say, to "enthusiastic" members. How the amount of enthusiasm would be measured remains to be seen, though I can assure you Falleen was quite unenthused with the Confederate occupation. To answer you, I'm not against it in principle. But the Stenax, as they say, is in the details. I would be happy to work with you on this subject, however.

As for the Doldur Sector, Senator Terrawin, I don't dispute the results of the recent election. Druckenwell has a population of about 9 billion, as I recall. Most of these people voted for Mr. Ryuun. Monor II has a population of 18 or so billion, and most of these voted for their Sunesi candidate, who had limited appeal elsewhere in the sector. However, despite a strong showing from King Haxim of my world, Mr. Ryuun won the election with the greatest amount of the Human vote on other worlds in the sector. It is my opinion, however, that voting on a sector-wide basis is flawed for exactly this reason; there's simply too much population bias. As a result, the Doldur Sector has a Senator who cannot possibly represent Falleen as fairly or knowledgeably as I can, hence my humble petition to you today.

But I digress. There's no question Druckenwell has sought to establish itself as the hegemon of the Doldur Sector. I don't think Senator Ryuun would deny this. Monor II has a larger population, but they tend to be isolationist. They do not project power as Druckenwell does in the form of bi-lateral military alliances with other worlds in the sector. These alliances do trouble me—worlds such as Geridard are essentially extorted into paying Druckenwell for protection. If this sounds to you like a tactic of the Hutt Cartel, I confess the similarity occurred to me as well. The security of the Doldur Sector should be a shared responsibility, and people's fears and insecurities shouldn't be exploited for monetary gain.

Would I consider representing the people of Monor II? My concern is first and foremost for the people of Falleen. I don't claim to represent any race but my own. But it so happens that Falleen and Monor II do have many things in common and I wouldn't rule out the possibility. It would be presumptuous of me to say anything more, however, without first speaking with the Sunesi. But as I say, Falleen is my first priority.

Senator Lekpin and Senator Ray, we Falleen are a proud people. Self-suffiency is more important to us than trade with other worlds. Ours is a mostly insulated economy wherein our goods and services are traded among ourselves. We have fewer exports than many other worlds. However, my family vineyard is a major exporter of spiced wines, and it's likely that you've seen the name "Zayd" on a wine bottle before. Falleen also exports fine tunics in the Vjun fashion, but beyond this, to be honest with you Senator, I question whether any world needs to "contribute" to the galaxy. I am here, after all, to advance Falleen's interests.

Added (09 Feb 2013, 0:49 AM)
---------------------------------------------
I neglected your question about Human High Culture, Senator Ray. There are very few Humans on Falleen and not many of us Falleen elsewhere in the galaxy, so I don't see it as much of an issue for us. I'm not here to promote Falleen culture in the Senate, after all. We are an inimitable race.

Prince Zayd
Senator of Falleen

Roman_LekpinDate: Saturday, 09 Feb 2013, 4:38 AM | Message # 18
Colonel
Come now, Senator Ordan. How many times have you insulted the Sluissi alone? Furthermore, you did not inquire if his pigmentation was an obstacle when dealing with Humans, you made a generalized statement and further called him a lizard man. Perhaps he us not related to lizards at all, if you took the time to consider.

Roman Lekpin
Representative, Lorrd (11 BBY-10 BBY) (9 BBY-Present)
Chosen of House Garth

Senator_OrdanDate: Saturday, 09 Feb 2013, 5:47 AM | Message # 19
Lieutenant general
I met a very agreeable Trandoshan once, he was a green lizard humanoid and I paid him extremely well for fulfilling the contract I had hired him for. I don't arbitrarily dismiss beings on the basis of pigment. I think the Faleen have the dignity and sense to stand aloof and not attempt to too far inculcate themselves in Galactic affairs in general. They've always appeared to be fairly prudent.

If I called Toben Domon a grotesque lizard man you have my most heartfelt apologies. Allow me to restate my position. Toben Domon is a grotesque lizard-snake-thing. It is no insult, merely an evocative and comparative taxonomic analysis of him. Frankly his actions in a Committee room recently (which we would not know about if an Imperial expert on aliens had not been present) was astonishing, with the expert revealing that Senator Domon was attempting some form of mating display (seemingly toward a female summoned to speak before the Committee), and that sort of unbridled lascivious lust to mate with Humans is the reason I take issue with him.

I've actually ordered an independent apolitical polling agency to verify if this opinion of Senator Domon's appearance is shared and to ascertain the visual desirability of Sluissi to the human eye. An objective study must be done; I am concerned Senator Domon, perhaps my eyes deceive me and you are in fact a vision of lovliness? Either way I am sure a quick scientific study will let us know either way.

I have every confidence that the Falleen, as a much more civilized and distinguished species will not repeat the same disgusting travesties of polite conduct that Senator Domon has done in the past.

Senator Hubert Ordan

Senator of the Azure Sector
Foreign Minister of Anaxes
Captain-General of the Azure Interest Protection Squadron
Deputy Chairman of the Ethics Committee
Worshipful Master of the Most Loyal and Honourable Company of Blockadeers
Archtreasurer of the Vault of Pols Anaxes
Autocrat of Selgon
Owner of Azure Durasteel
Systems Admiral (Ret)
Order of the Canted Circle

Message edited by Senator_Ordan - Saturday, 09 Feb 2013, 6:52 AM

Sate_PestageDate: Saturday, 09 Feb 2013, 9:14 AM | Message # 20
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
Senator Lekpin will refrain from insulting the honorable Senator from Anaxes. This is no place for name calling, Senator Lekpin. You are warned.

Sate Pestage
Grand Vizier of the Empire
Assistant to Emperor Palpatine
Chair of the Imperial Senate

Roman_LekpinDate: Saturday, 09 Feb 2013, 10:37 AM | Message # 21
Colonel
Of course, Chairman. Senator Ordan, you have my apologies.

Roman Lekpin
Representative, Lorrd (11 BBY-10 BBY) (9 BBY-Present)
Chosen of House Garth

Toben-DomonDate: Saturday, 09 Feb 2013, 10:41 AM | Message # 22
Major general
Meaning no offense to your expert, Senator Ordan, but I believe he was mistaken. I do not find Human females attractive. They are, one might say, as attractive to me as a Sluissi female would be to you.

Toben Domon
Senator, Sluis Van

Senator_OrdanDate: Saturday, 09 Feb 2013, 1:31 PM | Message # 23
Lieutenant general
Does your species even have females? Fascinating. I'm surprised the species isn't all hermaphrodite, or even replicating asexually! Quite remarkable.

As for the Statement of Dr Cratwright he is trained in the field and you are not' it seems to me that the lady doth protest a little too much and now you're attempting to conceal something by protesting the opposite... As I say, this is a supposition not an allegation; and I can't blame you if you find humans more attractive than grotesque snake things. Although should you lay one finger on a human woman, I believe you would rue the day.

Senator Hubert Ordan

Autocrat of Selgon
Owner of Azure Durasteel
Systems Admiral (Ret)

Toben-DomonDate: Saturday, 09 Feb 2013, 9:05 PM | Message # 24
Major general
Yes, Senator, there are Sluissi females.

Furthermore, Human mating practices are about as grotesque to me as ours are to you. It is one of the reasons your Human females are highly unpleasant to us in that matter, not to mention certain biological functions they have on a monthly basis.

Fear not, though. I would sooner be a blind slave than touch a Human female in that regard.

Toben Domon
Senator, Sluis Van

Senator_OrdanDate: Saturday, 09 Feb 2013, 10:43 PM | Message # 25
Lieutenant general
Perhaps you may have your wish promptly granted then, Alien.

Senator Hubert Ordan

Autocrat of Selgon
Owner of Azure Durasteel
Systems Admiral (Ret)

LomenRyuunDate: Sunday, 10 Feb 2013, 4:16 AM | Message # 26
Lieutenant general
Calm yourself down, Ordan. Nobody cares about your threatening comments. Senator Domon, please refrain from commentary that might somehow inflame Ordan's desire to to sit there and posture. Can we get back to the topic at hand?

Lomen Ryuun
Senator, Doldur Sector
Senator, Druckenwell
Representative, Monor II (10 BBY - 9 BBY)
Representative, Geridard
Representative, Boranall
Representative, Therenor Prime
Vice-chairman, Defense Committee (Temporarily suspended)
Controlling Shareholder - Druckenwell Arms Corporation

Senator_OrdanDate: Sunday, 10 Feb 2013, 5:39 AM | Message # 27
Lieutenant general
Did I express some form of disquiet? I simply offered the lizard-snake-creature a lighthearted opportunity to put out it's eyes and then return it where it belongs in chains (as he seemed to just wish for).

I call upon the Chair to call Senator Domon to order for pruriently discussing the menstrual cycle in humans and for speaking ill of Human women in general.

Senator Hubert Ordan

Autocrat of Selgon
Owner of Azure Durasteel
Systems Admiral (Ret)

Message edited by Senator_Ordan - Sunday, 10 Feb 2013, 5:40 AM

Sate_PestageDate: Sunday, 10 Feb 2013, 10:19 AM | Message # 28
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
Order, Senator Domon. Order, please. This lecherous and misanthropic speech has no place in the Senate. Let us allow Mr. Zayd to answer Senator Ordan's question.

Sate Pestage
Grand Vizier of the Empire
Assistant to Emperor Palpatine
Chair of the Imperial Senate

Prince_ZaydDate: Thursday, 14 Feb 2013, 11:04 AM | Message # 29
Private
Thank you, Your Excellency. And I appreciate your concern, Senator Ordan. Falleen is a cosmopolitan world that's rather up to speed on Human sensibilities. I've encountered few differences with Humans or other species that can't be overcome. I would not be averse to a pheromone-detecting droid, either. I wouldn't be much of a Senator if I can't win an argument without the persuasive power of Falleen pheromones, and I won't ever make use of them here. But your concern is understandable and I'd be happy to put it to rest.

Prince Zayd
Senator of Falleen

Bernard_OrielDate: Friday, 15 Feb 2013, 11:54 AM | Message # 30
Colonel general
I am pleased you are not averse to a pheremone detecting droid; I'll file a motion on the matter presently. I don't personally assume you'd ever use pheremones to influence the Senate or Senators but a future incumbent might be less laudible in his virtue.

Bernard Oriel
Senator for the Planet of Vjun
1st Earl Malreaux (Second Creation)
Vjun Delegation to the Imperial Senate

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » Seeking Representation of Falleen
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz