Wednesday
4:39 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Archive - read only
Forum moderator: Sate_Pestage  
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » Seeking Representation of Falleen
Seeking Representation of Falleen
Prince_ZaydDate: Sunday, 03 Feb 2013, 12:56 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Respected Senators, I am Prince Zayd of the Umayr Kingdom on Falleen. I have the honor of having been chosen by the Kingdoms of Falleen to represent the planet in the Imperial Senate. I personally am the Crown Prince of House Shahir, but I stand before you on behalf of all the people of Falleen, not mine nor any one Kingdom.

My journey to Imperial Center began with three days of celebration on Falleen, and my people and I hope it will conclude with my acceptance as Senator. I seek to realize the aspirations of my world, foremost among them, to dispel popular misconceptions about the supposed criminality of my species, and to re-affirm my world's loyalty to the Empire.

I, Prince Zayd, will now entertain your questions.

Prince Zayd
Senator of Falleen

Toben-DomonDate: Sunday, 03 Feb 2013, 1:39 PM | Message # 2
Major general
Prince Zayd, let me welcome you to the Senate. I understand that you wish to represent Falleen for their betterment within the Empire. I assume, therefore, that you and Senator Ryuun of Druckenwell and present Senator of the Doldur Sector will be working closely together within these halls?

Toben Domon
Senator, Sluis Van

Prince_ZaydDate: Wednesday, 06 Feb 2013, 11:01 PM | Message # 3
Private
I'm glad you raised this issue, Senator. Lomen Ryuun is a fine human, we are told. He's been called an "elder statesman," which is somewhat amusing to me as I'll be 192 years old this year. But though he is a qualified Senator of Druckenwell and many other worlds of the Doldur Sector, he is not a qualified Senator of Falleen. A Human can't be expected to understand the social and political sophistication of my planet and people. I hope my presence here as the full-time Senator of Falleen will relieve Mr. Ryuun of the burden of attempting to know what he cannot know and do what he cannot do.

I intend to advance Falleen's interests in the Senate. Mr. Ryuun will advance the Sector's interests, and where those interests overlap I will work with him.

Added (06 Feb 2013, 11:01 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Hopefully I answered your question to your satisfaction.

Prince Zayd
Senator of Falleen

LomenRyuunDate: Thursday, 07 Feb 2013, 4:05 AM | Message # 4
Lieutenant general
Awards: 1
Let me offer a welcome to Prince Zayd as Senator of Falleen. It is always pleasing to have additional support from the Doldur Sector. I have every confidence that his presence here will greatly help Falleen and assist the Doldur Sector.

Lomen Ryuun
Senator, Doldur Sector
Senator, Druckenwell
Representative, Monor II (10 BBY - 9 BBY)
Representative, Geridard
Representative, Boranall
Representative, Therenor Prime
Vice-chairman, Defense Committee (Temporarily suspended)
Controlling Shareholder - Druckenwell Arms Corporation

Roman_LekpinDate: Thursday, 07 Feb 2013, 8:35 PM | Message # 5
Colonel
Forgive my ignorance, Prince Zayd, but I know little of Falleen. What does your world bring to the Empire and how does it plan to help better the galactic community?

Roman Lekpin
Representative, Lorrd (11 BBY-10 BBY) (9 BBY-Present)
Chosen of House Garth

Senator_OrdanDate: Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 1:19 AM | Message # 6
Lieutenant general
Is it easy being green?

Senator Hubert Ordan

Senator of the Azure Sector
Foreign Minister of Anaxes
Captain-General of the Azure Interest Protection Squadron
Deputy Chairman of the Ethics Committee
Worshipful Master of the Most Loyal and Honourable Company of Blockadeers
Archtreasurer of the Vault of Pols Anaxes
Autocrat of Selgon
Owner of Azure Durasteel
Systems Admiral (Ret)
Order of the Canted Circle

Exar_RayDate: Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 9:49 AM | Message # 7
Major general
To piggyback off of Senator Lekpin in terms of betterment for the galactic community, exactly how will your tenure of Senator advance this. More specifically, what agendas do you wish to see come before us, yet more importantly what agendas you plan on passing.

And secondly, what are your feelings on the Empire's High Human Culture?

Schmuel_KadramDate: Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 12:28 PM | Message # 8
Lieutenant
What lead Falleen to back the Confederacy of Independent Systems in the Clone War? Do you believe the nearby worlds such a Druckenwell were a factor? Considering their much greater military power; did you feel coerced into supporting the CIS?

Schmuel Kadram
Governor of Rothana
Junior Vice President of Operations KDY

Verence_TerrawinDate: Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 12:42 PM | Message # 9
Major general
Would you consider representing the beings of Monor II in the Senate? It is a world which remained loyal to the Republic throughout the Clone Wars and while overly religious, showing considerable modernization and progress under it's current ruler; reversing many centuries old traditions that held his world back.

The present "Hegemonic power" in the region is the ex-CIS Corporatocracy of Druckenwell. Do you consider that the expansion of Druckenwellian power over other worlds in the region. I wonder why it is that it is Druckenwell, not Doldur, that sends a Senator to the Imperial Senate on behalf of the Sector; are you aware if the Senator is elected democratically or not?

Detail your stance toward Druckenwell, and tell of any concerns it may give you.

Verence Terrawin

Senator of Alsakan
First Lord of the Foreign Office, Alsakan

Bernard_OrielDate: Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 12:45 PM | Message # 10
Colonel general
What did you do personally during the Clone Wars Prince Zayd?

Do you believe there ought to be further checks upon the freedom of enthusiastic supporters of the CIS; regulations for example on them holding or producing large stocks of military products?

Bernard Oriel
Senator for the Planet of Vjun
1st Earl Malreaux (Second Creation)
Vjun Delegation to the Imperial Senate

Message edited by Bernard_Oriel - Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 12:46 PM

Roman_LekpinDate: Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 9:14 PM | Message # 11
Colonel
It's no surprise to see Senators Oriel or Terrawin picking at Druckenwell, despite the planet's current extreme loyalty. Senator Kadram is a new face on that scene though. Don't mind Senator Ordan either; he is a known speciest.

Roman Lekpin
Chosen of House Garth

Bernard_OrielDate: Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 9:23 PM | Message # 12
Colonel general
Did I mention Druckenwell?

Bernard Oriel
Senator for the Planet of Vjun
1st Earl Malreaux (Second Creation)
Vjun Delegation to the Imperial Senate

Roman_LekpinDate: Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 9:27 PM | Message # 13
Colonel
Oh, not directly Senator. However, my observation is based off of the proximity of your statement following those made by Senators Terrawin and Kadram. The most logical conclusion is Druckenwell.

Are you, in fact, referring to Druckenwell in this case?

Roman Lekpin
Chosen of House Garth

Schmuel_KadramDate: Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 9:33 PM | Message # 14
Lieutenant
The Lorrdian delegation attempts to undermine wholly legitimate questions which are pertinent to the matters at hand. I think it is relevant to know which world in the Doldur Sector was the "gateway" for the CIS in the opinion of the Falleen Delegation. I cast no criticism on Druckenwell at present, it appears a thoroughly reformed and productive member world with nothing but signs of loyalty to the Empire.

I am simply curious as a matter of record whether in the opinion of the Delegate his world was pushed or Jumped into CIS membership. These are purely academic matters and I think its quite paranoid to attack me for asking a question as to whether this world with a relatively small population feels it likely that the much bigger human world's influence (guided as it was by the Trade Federation - no blame attaches to the current administration) guided their policy?

After all; some of the smaller worlds in the sector didn't join the CIS and it's just worth exploring from another perspective how a local civilization viewed the events around the Clone Wars.

I don't think it's appropriate for Lorrd to disparage fair and legitimate questions to our new prospective member. I would heartily like to protest to the Chair on this one. It is most ungentlemanly.

Schmuel Kadram
Governor of Rothana
Junior Vice President of Operations KDY

Senator_OrdanDate: Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 9:44 PM | Message # 15
Lieutenant general
I call upon Senator Lekpin to apologize in full, immediately, for his slander of myself on the Senate floor as a "Speciesist". I enquired whether Falleen find their skin pigmentation to be an obstacle in dealings with humans? I paraphrased into "Is it easy being green?" - Thus questioning if he had encountered prejudice, so we might better empathise and understand such prejudice and help avoid it in future.

I am shocked and offended to be so branded by some upstart back world Senator as some form of hater of my fellow sentient. Indeed I have every fraternal regard to every Sentient who offers a genuine and valid contribution to the Empire. While Prince Zayd is a diminutive green lizard man, he is surely a patriotic adherant to the New Order, and brings a great volume of experience with him.

My other question though. Would the Chair consider putting a pheremone Detector droid within his Senate Booth (and any official functions/facilities attended) to prevent any possible secretion of mind altering pheremones.

Senator Hubert Ordan

Senator of the Azure Sector
Foreign Minister of Anaxes
Captain-General of the Azure Interest Protection Squadron
Deputy Chairman of the Ethics Committee
Worshipful Master of the Most Loyal and Honourable Company of Blockadeers
Archtreasurer of the Vault of Pols Anaxes
Autocrat of Selgon
Owner of Azure Durasteel
Systems Admiral (Ret)
Order of the Canted Circle

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » Seeking Representation of Falleen
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz