MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Sunday
6:07 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » Are the Patriots decaying, or are they reforming?
Are the Patriots decaying, or are they reforming?
Dustil_SushereDate: Thursday, 27 Dec 2012, 6:11 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Commander Sushere, a veteran of the Clone Wars, and were the first few to resist at the height of Order 66 and reformation of the Galactic Empire. But the other resistance groups had gotten better at fighting over the years, and nobody would fund a lone Venator. It didn't help when credits weren't pouring in, leaving the ship in state of much-needed repair, and some of the crew leaving to attempt a chance at a better life. By now he had bitterly left the Venator hidden inside an asteroid field somewhere and granted his crew an extended leave of absence.

Whether all of them would come back, time will only tell. At the moment, Dustil was wasting the last of his credits away on a bottle of Corellian whiskey inside one of the filthy bars on Nar Shaddaa. The scene felt fitting to his decade of rotting away.

Blackfire_ContactsDate: Thursday, 27 Dec 2012, 12:50 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant colonel
The face of Dustil Sushere was known to certain people; certain interested people who knew the former Clone Wars veteran was worth 7.5 million cool credits. However, his worth to other beings was far, far in exception to that poor bounty. Seven-five was a good sum, but it was only one payout, and as Sixty-one approached the booth where Dustil sat, he considered not for the first time that the man did not have the will to continue the fight; that perhaps a bounty was better. Nonetheless, the man wearing spacer's clothing and looking a rather nondescript late twenty-something had been given his orders if this particular barve ever emerged in his area of operations, and emerge Dustil had.

Taking care as he rounded the table to slide into the booth across from Sushere, Sixty-one kept his hands on the table where the man could see and a disarming smile on his face. Nonetheless, it could mean his life if the former captain chose to be too wary. "You look like you're down on your luck, friend. Care for another drink and to talk?"

The Citadel's Contractors

Dustil_SushereDate: Thursday, 27 Dec 2012, 1:55 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant
He would be deep in thought when a man had showed up at the table. That had broken his train of thought, but it didn't snap him out of his depressing mood though. The stranger would clearly see it would be hard to get him back in the fight. Dustil could have told the stranger to get lost. He decided not to, out of pure curiosity. Perhaps a conversation is better than drowning in failure. "I'm not sure about talking, but I could use a drink. That is, if you're paying. I just used up last of my credits."

Blackfire_ContactsDate: Thursday, 27 Dec 2012, 2:08 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant colonel
Signaling a passing servitor droid, Sixty-one dropped enough credits for another round of drinks for Sushere. As the droid trundled off to get the drinks, Sixty-one looked over Dustil with a critical eye. "Sure I'm paying. So what brings you to Nar Shaddaa..." Leaning closer and lowering his voice, Sixty-one continued, "Commander Sushere?" The marked pause would be enough to tell Dustil that someone had indeed recognized him. Here was the moment of truth though. Would Sushere shoot offhand thinking this was an Imperial trap, or did he even care enough to go on? The flak vest Sixty-one wore under his outfit would only provide limited protection, so this particular item had the agent's blood pumping as the adrenaline kicked in.

Dustil_SushereDate: Thursday, 27 Dec 2012, 2:14 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant
A Servitor droid would stop by and gave the pair another round of drinks, Dustil didn't pay heed to that. The moment he began paying attention was when the stranger had mentioned him by his rank. Dustil slightly leaned back, and slowly moved his hand to be placed gently on a D18 blaster pistol, but did not pull it out of the holster. His body language had contradicted the tone that would soon be heard. "Are you here to kill me? Or are you here to capture me?" The tone was flat, as if he had given up on fighting. His eyes says the same thing, but the fact his hand was on the holster said there's probably one last fight in him.

Blackfire_ContactsDate: Thursday, 27 Dec 2012, 2:26 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant colonel
Keeping careful control of his hands upon the table, in plain sight, Sixty-one shook his head. "No. Neither, actually. I know who you are though... and I know you're a patriot who resisted the Empire. You're one of the few people left with a capship and the will to use it. You vanished in the past year though, and I didn't expect you to turn up in an area I watch. Let's leave it that I look for certain people for other people. Useful people, like you, who could use a fresh start, unless I miss my guess. Now, granted, you have no reason to trust me. For all you know, I could be an Imperial agent... but the fact that I know who you are and that there's not a platoon of stormies descending on you now ought to say something. I'm not a bounty hunter either. I can't prove that, unfortunately, at least not yet, but if you can think of a valid test, I'll take it to prove I'm someone who is coming to you with an offer, instead of just after your head. I could have stunned you when I came up, if that helps at all."

Dustil_SushereDate: Thursday, 27 Dec 2012, 2:33 PM | Message # 7
Lieutenant
Dustil was wary of the stranger's every move. "If theres an opportunity for me to fight against the Empire, I will. Even if it means my own life, for a remote chance at freedom and the justice the galaxy deserve to have." He uttered the words of a true Patriot. Words don't mean nothing if you dont fight, though. He would raise his eyebrows, "Provided I give you some sort of test to prove yourself, what is in this for me?" Before he even considered giving out a test, he wanted to know what he was in for first. "Oh, and who the hell are you?"

Blackfire_ContactsDate: Thursday, 27 Dec 2012, 2:47 PM | Message # 8
Lieutenant colonel
"Names don't really matter in the business I'm in, Commander, but if it's a name you require, then it's Horatio Deckard." Sixty-one felt he was making progress with Sushere, which was an upside. "What's in this for you? Let me ask you... is the reason you've been quiet lately because of the fact that it's hard to service a Venator without getting noticed? If that's what it is and you haven't lost your will to fight, the people I represent are willing to help you get back into the game. Credits you can use to buy your own small fleet of ships, or at least some heavily armed freighters. In return... they want the Venator you have. They're willing to take it off your hands in whatever state it's in, provided it still has working engines and a hyperdrive, and preferably weapons that can be salvaged off of it. Think about it, Commander Sushere. You gain mobility and a fresh start and you loose a bantha that's hanging around your neck."

Dustil_SushereDate: Thursday, 27 Dec 2012, 3:05 PM | Message # 9
Lieutenant
"Well, it has a lot of stuffs that need repairing but engines just need some upgrading and the hyperdrive is perfectly fine." Dustil sounded like a young soldier looking to prove his worth. He was up for a fight, and with some of the crew leaving, smaller crews could do. If what the stranger say is true, then he'd be able to fight the Empire more effectively. The former soldier was excited, but was it a dream come true? The man cleared his throat for a moment to quickly change his mindset. "Well, I will take your offer if you go on a trip for me." Dustil would wink at Horatio.

Blackfire_ContactsDate: Thursday, 27 Dec 2012, 3:13 PM | Message # 10
Lieutenant colonel
Sixty-one nodded briefly. "Where is this trip to? I have superiors I have to report to as it is, and there's the method of payment to arrange for you in exchange for the location of your ship. I have to get a crew in to fly it out, after all, to a place where it can be... processed." If the trip Dustil wanted him to go on was part of proving himself, Sixty-one was capable enough in a fight. Nonetheless, there was a line to be drawn where Blackfire's agents didn't do a lot of the dirty work. Instead, they had people like Dustil do it for them. As long as Dustil was happy fighting what he thought was the good fight, everything would be just fine.

Dustil_SushereDate: Saturday, 26 Jan 2013, 7:27 AM | Message # 11
Lieutenant
Dustil pondered on what to have the Agent do for him, for several moments. "Well, on the second thought, it would be moot to send you out on an outdated information. I was hoping to have an asteroid base as a launching point for my men." The captain would watch the agent, waiting for his answer. "I'd prefer to oversee the exchange myself. Do you think we can go to my ship and exchange there?" Dustil may be excited about renewing the fight against the Empire, but he had to see if what the man offering was true.

Blackfire_ContactsDate: Saturday, 26 Jan 2013, 7:46 AM | Message # 12
Lieutenant colonel
An asteroid base? Sixty-one thought hard for a moment. There were a number of such places Blackfire had been scouting for use as bolt holes and the like, but there was one that did stand out. "There is a place I can think of," the agent said slowly, "But it is located in the Stenness Node asteroid field in the Stenness Node in the Inner Rim. There are a number of hollowed out old mining bases, as well as a site we scouted, but it's going to require some work to get it habitable again. There's no armament on the place, so you'll have to rely on stealth rather than an open defense. Perhaps you can mount some weapons on it. Nonetheless, we can travel to your ship, if you like."

Dustil_SushereDate: Saturday, 26 Jan 2013, 8:02 AM | Message # 13
Lieutenant
Dustil nodded at the agent, "That's fine. I'll use the credits I earn on future missions to build the base bit by bit so it wouldn't attract the attention of the Empire." The patriot would get off the chair, and gestured for the agent to lead the way. "I have my own fighter. You'll have to follow me to the Venator. Is that fine with you?" The middle aged man softly spoke, pondering on whether this second chance would pan out.

Ah, no matter. As long as Dustil has an opportunity to spill a few Imperial blood, that's fine with him.

Blackfire_ContactsDate: Saturday, 26 Jan 2013, 8:24 AM | Message # 14
Lieutenant colonel
"It's acceptable. I will be following in a T-2c shuttle. I doubt it will match your speed in sublight but hyperdrive will suffice. Just make sure I have the coordinates. When we purchase your ship, we'll be sure to send in some extra resources or peggats to help you buy life support equipment and basic necessities. This base hasn't been touched in a very long time."

Leading the way, as such, Sixty-one would head back to his shuttle to prepare for take-off and then to follow Sushere.

Dustil_SushereDate: Saturday, 26 Jan 2013, 9:53 AM | Message # 15
Lieutenant
"It's a deal." The Patriot would move for the hangar bay, and went for his new used cloakshape. Indeed, he had luckily won it in a pazaak bet with a ship dealer. The Cloakshape wasn't in a tiptop shape, but nobody wanted it and the dealer decided to throw it in for a match against him. Dustil obviously won.

The cloakshape would get its engines turned on, and took off from the hangar bay. The rebel would then dial in the coordinates for the edges of the Outer Rim. He'd then send the coordinates to Agent 61 before entering into hyperspace.

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » Are the Patriots decaying, or are they reforming?
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz