MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Tuesday
1:12 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » Finding Evidence
Finding Evidence
Ana_StarkDate: Saturday, 09 Mar 2013, 5:03 AM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Ana Stark had been relatively calm since she had been told that her husband was killed.  Although from the state of his office at their home on Lorrd, one would have thought that a wild Bantha had been let loose in there.  She had, for all intents and purposes, torn the place apart looking for anything and everything to figure out why he had gone to Trandosha, who Henrich Maxwell was, why Alyn would bestow a title on some Magrath woman that Ana had never heard of before. 

Irlilia was Ana's closest friend and had watched the woman closely.  She wondered if the desperate search was out of grief.  They had all wanted to grieve, but Ana wouldn't allow it, not yet, anyway.  When Ana finally asked for help, was when Irlilia really started to worry, because Ana's request was so out of the ordinary for her.

"Irlilia."  Ana said as she sat on the floor of the office and went through the bottom desk drawer again.  She had pulled the drawer completely out and dumped it, pushing the random blaster aside, and was looking in the slot from which the drawer came out of.  "Irlilia, get Malinara for me.  Quickly."  It was a simple enough request, but an odd one, which Irlilia complied with.  Tarin waited outside the door, as he always did. 

Once Malinara was there and the door was shut, Ana glanced at her.  "I know that you've always had feelings for Alyn.  It was obvious in your dislike of me."  She said calmly.  It had never bothered her, because her husband obviously didn't return the same feelings for the Echani female.  "But you know, you've always known, and I think you realized it on the day of the wedding, how much I love Alyn.  How deeply I love him, and how completely, and you know he feels the same." Ana hesitated a moment and rested her hand on some datapads she had piled onto the desk.

"Malinara, I know that I haven't been...."  Ana paused and looked up at the ceiling for a moment before looking back at the woman.  "I know I haven't been....here completely the past few days.  You can understand why, certainly.  I need your help.  You were the closest to him, as far as the Shadow Guard went.  He trusted you and now I need to trust you.  I need you to tell me everything, everything that I don't know, that he might have kept from me."

For the first time since she received the news from Trandosha, Ana's eyes started to water up.  Though she hadn't shown it to any of the Shadow Guard or the staff, she was devastated, and she was dying inside, but she was staying strong.  "Why would he have gone there in the first place?"  She asked, sinking into his desk chair.  For the first time, Lady Ana Stark actually cried.  "They won't even return his body...how can I possibly believe he is dead?! I've got nothing but the word of a giant fething lizard and I refuse, Malinara, I refuse to believe it!" Cursing, in any form, was very out of character for the woman.

"You are the only one who will tell me the truth. Irlilia just coddles me.  Tarin won't say a word, nor will Larna.  I can barely understand a word Rukk'khrik  says and I haven't seen Azaghor in days.  So just tell me....what don't I know?  I need anything and everything, Malinara, so we can figure this out.  You know I can handle it.  And we need to figure out how to get into these."  Ana pushed the stack of datapads to the Echani, and then dried her eyes with her fingertips.  "He would want you to help me."  Ana said, playing on the woman's feelings.

Alyn_StarkDate: Saturday, 09 Mar 2013, 1:23 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Awards: 2
Malinara had been with Stark the longest out of all the Shadowguard. Onetime lover. Friend. Confidant. And now, with Ana breaking down in such a manner before her, the Echani female resolved herself to help the woman. "Lord Stark was no friend of the Trandoshans," she began slowly, "He despised slavery in all forms. However, there was a man who represented them; Maxwell by name, to design a line of ships to be produced in part by Lorrd Engineering. Lord Stark was traveling to Trandosha to discuss arms sales and the like. Beyond that, I can't see him having any connection to the lizards. If it helps you, Lady Stark, I don't believe Lord Stark is dead either. He's far too resourceful. He had his hand in a lot of places."

She put emphasis on the words 'a lot.' While she couldn't come out and directly state what she knew, for Ana was in such a state already and it could jeopardize things, she went on to say, "If he is alive, there are a lot of people who would do practically anything to see him back and safe. If the time comes, I promise you that you will have he help you need to see such a thing through."

Alyn Stark
Lord of Kinyov
Senior Captain, Retired, Republic Navy
Head of House Malos (former)
Licensed bounty hunter
Majority shareholder, Lorrd Engineering
Owner, Stark Defense Conglomerate
Civilian Medal of Honor recipient
Representative, Lorrd (10 BBY-9 BBY)

Ana_StarkDate: Saturday, 09 Mar 2013, 4:25 PM | Message # 3
Major general
"There is no if, Malinara.  None at all.  He has to come home, one way or another.  Though I am sure we all prefer a particular way."  She said, calming and drying her eyes with a soft tissue.  Ana leaned back in the chair a bit, closing her eyes briefly as she thought over Malinara's words.  "Artemis thinks I need to prepare myself for the worst.  I can't and I don't think that anyone can understand that.  Maybe you can."  Ana cleared her throat and finally looked at the woman again. 

"And what do you mean when you say that he had has hand in a lot of places?"  Ana sat up and smoothed her dress idly.  "If you don't tell me the truth, I am going to have to drag it out of someone else, Malinara.  I am one of the people who would do anything to get him back here, so help me understand."  She said, trying again to get the truth out of the woman.  Of course there was nothing Ana could do to make Malinara tell her, but she was persistent about it at least.

Alyn_StarkDate: Sunday, 10 Mar 2013, 8:02 AM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
"I promise you, Lady Stark," for Ana would always be the Lady Stark to her; no matter what else happened, the Echani was professional to the last, "Lord Stark will come home; one way or another as you say. When I say that Lord Stark had his hand in a lot of places, I simply mean he has a lot of friends who would back you. Even if the Ruling Houses wouldn't agree to any sort of force, don't forget that he still has the loyalty of the Kinyov Province forces, as well as the Stark Defense Conglomerate Security Forces." She paused for a long moment and then continued.

"Lord Stark was a well-traveled man, as I'm sure you know. Loyalty from other sources comes as well. There is an army out there waiting for his word; a favor owed." This was not necessarily the truth as things went, but close enough. "Between all those who are loyal to him, you must know that this will not go unpunished, either way."

Alyn Stark
Lord of Kinyov
Licensed bounty hunter

Ana_StarkDate: Sunday, 10 Mar 2013, 8:58 AM | Message # 5
Major general
Ana slumped back into the seat again and let out a heavy sigh.  She would let it go, for now, until the time came that they would need this supposed army.  "Irlilia keeps telling me that I am going to be fine, and that I am strong enough to handle this.  I don't know how I am going to do this without him, Malianara.  This wasn't....this wasn't how it was supposed to be.  She was breaking down, which probably needed to happen at some point, just for her to give in and accept it.  Her husband was gone, and her heart with him.

"What am I supposed to do?  Go back to Naboo and raise Jackson alone?  Or stay here and let my anger dictate everything for the rest of my life?  Do I let you take control of this and destroy the Trandoshans for what they've done?  No...I'm not like that."  She stopped speaking for several moments as she thought carefully about what to do.

"After Jendos gets here and the thing with the will is settled, I'm signing everything over to Jendos and going home.  I can't be here without Alyn.  I don't want to be."  In the back of her mind, Ana knew that she was going to be exactly like her mother.

Alyn_StarkDate: Sunday, 10 Mar 2013, 9:48 AM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
"Don't give up yet, Lady Stark," Malinara reached out to lightly place a hand on Ana's arm. "You are the Lady of the Kinyov Province and by right of succession, at least for now, you are the ruler. You cannot simply walk away now. The people of this province, of Lorrd, know of you and your deeds to help people. You are far from alone in your hour of grief. If you so wanted it though..." Her voice trailed off as she considered the thought for a long moment, "You could well launch a campaign against the Trandoshans. As I said, far more people are loyal to your husband than you might think. People with resources and the will to use them, though lacking the compassion in their use as many worlds might have. If you wish Trandosha to bleed, then bleed it shall."

Alyn Stark
Lord of Kinyov
Licensed bounty hunter

Ana_StarkDate: Sunday, 10 Mar 2013, 10:03 AM | Message # 7
Major general
Her interest was caught once again.  "What people?"  She had still pretty much resolved that she was going to let Jendos take over.  Ana knew she couldn't rule a province, nor did she want to.  Ana looked at Malinara's hand and rested hers on top of it, squeezing her digits lightly. 

"I am not sure I can let anyone who lacks compassion...I'm not like that Malinara.  You don't know me as well as Irlilia and Tarin do.  I don't know what to do.'  she paused a moment, then spoke again.

"What do you think we should do?"

Alyn_StarkDate: Sunday, 10 Mar 2013, 4:08 PM | Message # 8
Generalissimo
"Just people. Nobody of real note, but people who are connected." That was all Malinara would say for the moment. At times, she felt that the less Ana knew, the better it would be. Someday, though, she would need to know certain truths. She was blissfully unaware of the fact that her unborn son was destined to be the next leader of Citadel if things went south. "I believe we should remain optimistic. If Lord Stark is alive, we have the numbers to rescue him. If he is dead... then we will avenge him and honor his memory. Lord Stark was more than a businessman, Lady Stark. He was a true warrior and a defender of the Republic, as well as a supporter of the Empire. That some foul alien race brought him low is no excuse. Keep your chin up as best you can."

Alyn Stark
Lord of Kinyov
Licensed bounty hunter

Ana_StarkDate: Sunday, 10 Mar 2013, 4:51 PM | Message # 9
Major general
Ana sighed and released Malinara's hand before she stood from the office chair, abruptly, and forcefully enough to knock it over.  "Just people?!  I know what he was, Malinara.  I know who he was and what he believed."  Her eyes were welling up again and she went to the window. 

"Jendos Merced is coming soon.  I suspect Senator Thanatos and Senator Lekpin may also."  She changed the subject, to try and calm herself.  "I would like you to find Azaghor and make sure he is quite alright, perhaps send him to talk to me...I would like that.  He came to retrieve me the first date Alyn and I had, you know.  You can try and keep their spirits up.  I am sure it will be easier for you all since everyone here knew him better than I did."  It was the truth, a sad truth that she had just come to realize. 

Ana forced a small smile.  "I am going to trust that you aren't telling me things for a reason, Malinara.  I am going to trust that you are just concerned for me, and for this baby.  But, until such a time that Lord Stark returns home, if he returns home, you work for me."  She said quietly, not leaving the window.  "I'm not glass and I won't break.  I promise."  Her range of emotion was rather difficult at the moment, due to her pregnancy, so it might have seemed like she was going to break at the time.

Ka-DekDate: Wednesday, 13 Mar 2013, 1:47 AM | Message # 10
Sergeant
Ka-Dek had already been on Lorrd attached to the team exploring Vianist-Jedi link. As such he was able to arrive at Castle Stark considerably ahead of the mission sent by Rath (several days in fact). He had decided to make a discrete visit to Ana's residence, mainly with an interest in a quiet word regarding the more discrete side of matters. He arrived at the residence and raised his Inquisitorial credentials to the guards "I am an agent of His Majesties Inquisition. Convey me to the wife of the late Lord Stark, posthaste." He said in his slightly Naboo accented core accent.

Across his shoulder was slung a shoulder bag containing various items of use to an Inquisitor, naturally the bag was not going to be searched or scanned. He gave a slight smile to the guard, looking slightly amused "Chop chop."

Ka-Dek

Grand Master of the Jedi Order, Visionary, Mystic Sage
Renegade from the Inquisitorius after breaking his mental programming.
Former Knight-Sentinel
Formerly Assistant Curator, Jedi Archives

Paul-GemmellDate: Wednesday, 13 Mar 2013, 2:53 AM | Message # 11
Major
Awards: 1
And gliding up to the entrance too was one very hale and hearty member of Imperial intelligence, along with his protocol droid and astromech droid. A warm friendly smile was ever on the Lieutenant's lips as he looked forward to providing the protection it was so evident that the Stark household was in need of now it's patriarch had been so cruelly slain.

They arrived next to the maroon robed Inquisitor and Pulled out his documentation for himself and the Droids. "Hello Sir!" Paul spoke happily "Isn't this a wonderful day to be alive in the Galax..." realizing he may have caused some offense by celebrating life at this time. "I mean, isn't it surely a pleasant day? I too would wish to be conducted to Lady Stark as soon as circumstances allow please."

He did shift slightly nervously at the presence of the more deadpan Inquisitor who seemed indisposed to strike up conversation and radiated an aura of discomforting sternness that he had rarely seen in other servants of the Empire.

Paul Gemmell

Lieutenant, IntCon, Internal Organization Bureau, Imperial Intelligence
Poet
Player of Lutes

Alyn_StarkDate: Wednesday, 13 Mar 2013, 9:02 AM | Message # 12
Generalissimo
To arrive at Castle Stark, presumably by vehicle as no shuttle had landed in the castle's modest hangar, both Paul and Ka-Dek would have been subject to no less than five scans of themselves at a minimum, which would reveal anything not covered in scan-resistant material or the like, simply by taking the path of travel to Castle Stark. Roman Lekpin had, of course, passed word to Ana on Oriel's arrival that there might be danger lurking (albeit not in the form of a visit to Trandosha, of course), and as such, security was on alert.

Upon arriving in the primary area, the pair of men who'd had the fortune to come to the spot at roughly the same time, were met by three of the Shadowguard: Rukk'khrik, the Noghri, the Mandalorian Tarin Mako and Irlilia Dannen, who was acting in command of the castle's security forces while Malinara was speaking with Ana. "Welcome to Castle Stark," she said smoothly on the arrival of the pair of men through the turbolift.

"Lady Stark is in the drawing room. If you'll be so kind as to accompany me, I shall bring you to her."

Alyn Stark
Lord of Kinyov
Licensed bounty hunter

Ana_StarkDate: Wednesday, 13 Mar 2013, 6:45 PM | Message # 13
Major general
Irlilia had called Malinara on her comm, to let her know about the visitors to Castle Stark.  "I do not feel like receiving visitors, Malinara, despite who they are."  Ana said, her arms crossed in front of her, as she looked out the window.  She did not feel like she was in any shape to see anyone, let alone speak calmly with them.  They were going to offer condolences, and ask her what had happened, and she did not want to talk about it. 

But, the part of the grieving widow needed played, and none could do it like she could.  Ana let out a sigh.  "I will go and change."  She said, resigned, as she picked up the datapad on the desk to lock away until tech could look at it.  She thought momentarily about it, and turned to Malinara.  "Send a word to the Inquisitors office and make sure this gentlemen who has expressed that he is an agent of His Majesty, is actually supposed to be here."  Ana was wary of trusting anyone anymore.

Ana knew how long it would take them to get through the heightened security, so she took her time and changed into a long, black, empire-waisted gown.  Her dark locks were smoothed straight and pulled half back and clipped with a simple silver clip.  The lady made her way down to the drawing room, with Malinara at her side.  She was shaking when she accepted a cup of tea from Mrs. Mityea, and took a seat.  "Malinara....stay with me...please."  She murmured before she took a sip. 

Once her 'company' would arrive, she would rest the teacup in the saucer gently, holding the dish in her hands delicately.  "I appreciate your visit, gentlemen, but I am not entirely ready to begin receiving company, so if you could make your visit quick, it would be appreciated." Ana wasn't rude, and simply expressed her desire to be alone a while longer before taking company and even making public appearances.

Ka-DekDate: Friday, 15 Mar 2013, 12:27 PM | Message # 14
Sergeant
"May I apologize for your loss" Ka-Dek said quietly when conveyed to Ana, staring off into the middle distance. He had a small Sensor Jammer in his bag and at all checkpoints had pointed to the Inquisitorial ID and informed the guards that as an agent of the Inquisition he would not have it scanned (naturally). "You are I gather from Naboo? I hail from there myself, but have not returned to that world in many a year, does her beauty still echo throughout the ages as a place of calm and tranquility in a sad Galaxy?" he reached out with the force, sensing the area around him.

Ka-Dek

Grand Master of the Jedi Order, Visionary, Mystic Sage
Renegade from the Inquisitorius after breaking his mental programming.
Former Knight-Sentinel
Formerly Assistant Curator, Jedi Archives

Paul-GemmellDate: Friday, 15 Mar 2013, 12:39 PM | Message # 15
Major
Awards: 1
"H8, comms channel to Imperial Intel field office computer, keep open if you please, signal to dispatch aid if we have any trouble." Paul said in binary to the little artoo unit which chirped happily as he did so, naturally noone here was able to speak binary so the chain of numbers would be irrelevant. "H8, please scan these people" he would say before they went up, a little radar antenna would protrude from the droid and whirl around for a few seconds before he beeped and blopped for a few seconds.

+ER would translate the droids words, the fussy M-3PO speaking in finely accented Core world dialect "Sir, the Mandalorian is carrying a disruptor rifle and the Noghri a disruptor pistol, both felonies under Imperial Law except when carried by an agent of Imperial Intelligence with a regulation Authorization to carry form 128-W-D"

"Are you two Imperial Intelligence agents with an Authorization to carry form 128-W-D? If you aren't then it's my duty to inform you that you are both under arrest for the Imperial Offense of carrying an illegal weapon, specifically disruptors." he said slinging out a pair of wrist restraints from his utility belt "Sorry." he said with such remorse in his face "I know you must be very sad about Alyn dying, but that's no excuse to carry illegal weapons is it? H8, send for a pair of agents from the closest Imperial Law Enforcement, I suspect the ISB office in Qatamer, to send law enforcement to take these two into custody"

Paul Gemmell

Lieutenant, IntCon, Internal Organization Bureau, Imperial Intelligence
Poet
Player of Lutes

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » Finding Evidence
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz