Wednesday
11:22 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Archive - read only
Forum moderator: Sate_Pestage  
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » Petition to join the Imperial Senate (Replacing the 'deceased' Senator from Telos IV)
Petition to join the Imperial Senate
Alexia_RomanovDate: Friday, 28 Dec 2012, 9:26 PM | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Gentlebeings of the Senate,

First off, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Alexia Romanov, of Telos IV. I have been elected to replace the...deceased....former Senator Tremaine Fowlkes in representing the people of Telos IV.

Secondly, while Telos IV may have been poorly and wafishly represented before, it is no longer the case. Former Senator Fowlkes had a track record of "fence jumping" when it came to his votes. He was censured once, that I can find, and argued invalid points with other senators on numerous occasions. Those sort of uneducated, and frankly, wasteful discussions will be extinct under my representation.

I welcome any questions, comments, or concerns that any of you may have before the vote is concluded.

LomenRyuunDate: Saturday, 29 Dec 2012, 2:32 AM | Message # 2
Lieutenant general
Awards: 1
Senator-elect Romanov,

It will be a welcome sight to see Telos IV represented once again in the Senate. That being said, what precisely do you bring to the Senate in terms of policies and views?

Lomen Ryuun
Senator, Doldur Sector
Senator, Druckenwell
Representative, Monor II (10 BBY - 9 BBY)
Representative, Geridard
Representative, Boranall
Representative, Therenor Prime
Vice-chairman, Defense Committee (Temporarily suspended)
Controlling Shareholder - Druckenwell Arms Corporation

Alexia_RomanovDate: Saturday, 29 Dec 2012, 4:25 AM | Message # 3
Sergeant
I can guarantee you, Senator Ryuun, that Telos IV will be more than well represented. I firmly believe in Imperial law and justice. Human high culture is extremely important to me also. There are so many policies and views, did you have any in particular that you are querying about, Senator? Otherwise, I fear I could go on all day and bore you to death with them.

Roman_LekpinDate: Saturday, 29 Dec 2012, 5:00 AM | Message # 4
Colonel
Senator-elect, Telos IV suffered a very large embarrassment in the terms of credits and snubfighters being stolen from it in a rather blatant terrorist act last year. What will you do to prevent Telos IV from becoming a target in the future?

Roman Lekpin
Representative, Lorrd (11 BBY-10 BBY) (9 BBY-Present)
Chosen of House Garth

Alexia_RomanovDate: Saturday, 29 Dec 2012, 5:27 AM | Message # 5
Sergeant
As I am sure you have heard, Senator Lekpin, Telos IV has an entirely new government in place. With that, Fine Imperial law men also. I fear that the unfortunate attack on Telos IV was a result of the lacking former government and its, shall we say, lackadaisical senator. Could the terrorist act been prevented? Likely, had the law enforcement in place been more sufficient. I fear the senator was too busy gallivanting about the galaxy for his own agendas rather than making sure that protections for his planet were in place

Draken_TurotDate: Saturday, 29 Dec 2012, 5:35 AM | Message # 6
Major general
AH!!!!!!!

WELL HELLO!!!!! My name is Governor-General Draken Tu'Rot of the Red Twins system!!! It is indeed a great sight to see such a beautiful being within these halls of old and decaying men!!!

Firstly my dear, I commend you on your attempt to bring the rogue Telos IV back into good graces with his majesty, the Mighty Emperor Palpatine and his beloved Empire!!!!!

1. Are we going to expect you to do the same thing that Senator 'I love to betray my beloved Empire by embarrassing myself and the Empire galaxy by messing around with disease-infested individuals that have NO self-respect for themselves whatsoever'?!!!!!, or can we expect some change from Telos IV?!!

2. What new policies can we expect from Telos IV under your lovely new administration?!!!!!

3. If elected, you must allow me the chance to invite you to Acherin!!!!!

*He smiles widely after that comment*

Alexia_RomanovDate: Saturday, 29 Dec 2012, 5:47 AM | Message # 7
Sergeant
Governor Tu'Rot! Of course I've already heard all about you! You flatter, sir, but this will be no attempt to bring Telos IV back into His Majesty's good graces; Telos IV -will- succeed.

1. Surely you cannot be serious? Must I -really- answer this? Simply put, no. No, you will not see any of that nonsense.

2. Governor, I am positive that you will be most pleased in the changes in Telos policies. As I said before, human high culture will play a very important role, of course. I also firmly believe in equal rights for women and the strictest of Imperial education.

3. I would love to visit Acherin even if not elected.

Exar_RayDate: Saturday, 29 Dec 2012, 5:55 AM | Message # 8
Major general
Now now, Governor Tu'Rot. There is no need to kick a man while he is down; that is a bad example to set for those that do view us as a 'Mighty Empire'.

Now then, Senator-elect Romanov, I also welcome you into these chambers, however my question to you is that; Given the 'image' that former Senator Fowlkes did leave with us during his final call... have you ever met the man prior to his death? Further more, given the existing policies already established on Telos IV, do you see yourself keeping them or do you see yourself modifying them to meet your needs as Senator?

Alexia_RomanovDate: Saturday, 29 Dec 2012, 6:21 AM | Message # 9
Sergeant
Thank you, Senator Ray.

I never had the chance to meet him, though I do remember going to see him speak when he was a senator-elect himself. I would have liked to have the chance, however.

Some of his policies will remain untouched, such as his stance on medical care being made available for all. I, too, feel that everyone should have easy access to quality medical treatment. The remainder, however, will be overhauled to higher standards befitting this Empire. It is not my needs that will be taken into consideration, Senator, but those of the people of Telos IV, who are my main priority. Their quality of life, safety and happiness are my concern.

Exar_RayDate: Saturday, 29 Dec 2012, 6:24 AM | Message # 10
Major general
Ah, so, do answer me this question...

With medical care being made available for all, and your obvious answer in support of the Empire's High Human Culture... will that mean that different races other then humans have access to the same medical care as humans do? Or will they be receiving the sub-par version?

LomenRyuunDate: Saturday, 29 Dec 2012, 6:27 AM | Message # 11
Lieutenant general
One hopes she intended that to mean Humans will always have the best medical care available, Senator Ray.

Lomen Ryuun
Senator, Doldur Sector
Senator, Druckenwell
Representative, Monor II (10 BBY - 9 BBY)
Representative, Geridard
Representative, Boranall
Representative, Therenor Prime
Vice-chairman, Defense Committee (Temporarily suspended)
Controlling Shareholder - Druckenwell Arms Corporation

Alexia_RomanovDate: Saturday, 29 Dec 2012, 6:36 AM | Message # 12
Sergeant
Exactly, thank you, Senator. That is how it will be on Telos, at least.

Exar_RayDate: Saturday, 29 Dec 2012, 6:41 AM | Message # 13
Major general
My concern isn't the humans; we all know the best will always be given. My concern are for the non-humans that reside on Telos IV.

Alexia_RomanovDate: Saturday, 29 Dec 2012, 8:23 AM | Message # 14
Sergeant
Your bleeding heart and concern for the aliens care is touching, Senator Ray. Of course they will be provided care, in separate facilities from humans, but it will not be fully funded by the Telosian government. As I stated earlier, the government on my home world has been overhauled and there are big changes being made in the way that things are run.

Eli_FitzgeraldDate: Sunday, 30 Dec 2012, 9:54 PM | Message # 15
Major general
For the record Ms. Romanov, you have no problem with the Empire dissolving your planet's democratically-elected government the way it did, right? With that government gone, is it fair to say that the current generation of politicians on Telos IV is the "second choice" of the people? What does it mean for your Senatorship that Tremaine Fowlkes, who you speak so poorly of, was chosen over you? Could it be that the people of Telos IV have changed their minds so suddenly about what they stand for, or that you are at least as much, if not less a representative of the Telosian people as you are of the Emperor's court?

Eli Fitzgerald
Senator of Ralltiir (10 BBY—Present)

"I was elected to do some flamethrowing in the Senate. To a light a fire under those Senators and make it hot for them."

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » Petition to join the Imperial Senate (Replacing the 'deceased' Senator from Telos IV)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz