Wednesday
5:11 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Archive - read only
Forum moderator: Sate_Pestage  
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » Announcement
Announcement
Jason_BertumanDate: Monday, 18 Feb 2013, 11:05 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Awards: 0

Christophsisan Act of Goodwill toward the Clones

I am pleased to announce that, with the approval of the Planetary Council, the Planetary Government of Christophsis would like to assist with several issues regarding the service for the Clones following their retirement from all branches of Imperial military. How, you say? We have passed a proposal that would be covered solely for Christophsis and its territories as well as its sovereignty. Here's the bill my government has passed:

~All clones will be granted full citizenship for Christophsis.

~All clones would have to pay planetary taxes as ordinary Christophsisans does, but at a reduced rate. (Standard rate are 6 percent for every native. A clone will only have to pay 4 percent.)

~All clones will be granted access to all jobs, excluding combat roles and highest-ranking governmental positions (This is to ensure clone madness wouldn't be a threat to planetary security.)

~All clones will receive a health insurance, and all medical costs will covered by Christophsisan government (With some extensions to counseling, as long as it help deal with the mental health of a clone.)

~All clones will qualify for a two-story residence as well as any kinds of properties, but to own a property will entirely be optional for all clones (through clone housing & property program, the housing costs, as well as any property costs, will be reduced so every clone can afford to keep residence).

~In honor for their actions on Christophsis during the Clone Wars, all clones are granted free tickets to all sporting, musical, and any other cultural events.

~For those too ill to roam around on the planet, costs for staying in hospitals or group homes will be fully covered by the very same medical insurance.

~If in need of a job, a governmental job placement agency will be available specifically for the clones in order to help look for a desirable job position. 

~Clones in need of transportation from off-world to Christophsis in effort to start a life, the government will pay half of the transportation costs.

~In compliance to the Imperial law regarding clones choosing to end their own lives, all options will be provided. Ceremonial funerals will be fully covered by Christophsisan government.

Christophsis, as well as any other planet, should be indebted to the clones for their bravery in staving the Separatists off during the Clone Wars. If it was not for them, the galaxy will be in a very different place nowadays.

~Senator Bertuman of Christophsis

Ilanah_ThanatosDate: Monday, 18 Feb 2013, 4:04 PM | Message # 2
Colonel general
Awards: 3
How generous of the Christophsisan council to declare such an act.  It is good to see that some care enough to take care of those who have helped to protect us and so much more. 

Very well done, Senator Bertuman.

Ilanah R. Thanatos
Senator of Chandrila

Sate_PestageDate: Wednesday, 27 Feb 2013, 0:30 AM | Message # 3
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
The chair salutes Senator Bertuman for taking in this large number of clones at presumably great expense to his world. Clones who are released from Imperial service may, of course, choose if they wish to do so to live on Christophsis, a world many of them helped defend from the Separatists. I think this is fitting.

Sate Pestage
Grand Vizier of the Empire
Assistant to Emperor Palpatine
Chair of the Imperial Senate

Exar_RayDate: Wednesday, 27 Feb 2013, 2:29 PM | Message # 4
Major general
If acceptable, Dantooine will also sanction a similar style occupation of the Clones. They deserve better treatment and clearly their stories of serving on the front lines during the Clone Wars also deserves to be heard. Dantooine vows to ensure that each clone's story is told.

Senator_CambristDate: Monday, 11 Mar 2013, 1:27 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant general
Awards: 6
Brentaal announces that it most definitely will not do anything of the kind. It is an obtuse notion that we somehow "owe" these clones for doing the job we created them to do. The clones "deserve" nothing better than, say, my wrist chrono deserves for telling time—a useful function to be sure, but this is simply what it was made to do.

Brentaal hereby promises to its people that it will not spend huge amounts of their money to care for clones, as Christophsis intends to do. The current law concerning the retirement of clones is entirely adequate; Brentaal will not play host to a large population of rapidly-aging, genetically-identical, and madness-prone individuals. This would diminish both the quantity and quality of medical care for everyone on Brentaal, steal thousands of jobs from hard-working Brentaalans, and be a nightmare for law and order on the planet.

I sympathize with the people of Christophsis, who are now being told that insane clones can't be trusted with government jobs but can be trusted to, say, drive their child's school bus. That, and clones will be entitled to much nicer homes than the average Christophsian worker can afford, and furthermore, that clones won't ever pay for medical care and neither shall they pay admission to any musical or sporting events. Let's hope the clones leave some seats in the stadiums and theaters, and some beds in the medcenters available to Christophsians. Get ready for rising ticket prices, health care costs, and crime.

This is not a model that Brentaal, nor any world, should imitate.

Baroness_MagrathDate: Monday, 11 Mar 2013, 1:47 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant
I humbly request that the chair permit me to speak on the matter if he does so deem it proper that I may do so.

Raulyn Hawkshaw Magrath
Baroness of the Empire - Jaemus
Duchess of the Bisellia System
Proprietor of Magrath Shipwrights
Proprietor of Magrath Textiles
Proprietor of Magrath Winery
Proprietor of Magrath Weapons Foundry
Proprietor of Magrath Mining Compound

Sate_PestageDate: Monday, 11 Mar 2013, 3:52 PM | Message # 7
Lieutenant general
For what purpose does Baroness Magrath seek to be recognized?

Sate Pestage

Baroness_MagrathDate: Monday, 11 Mar 2013, 4:49 PM | Message # 8
Lieutenant
I wish to propose a question, to see if we can not perhaps find a middle ground on which both sides would feel is a suitable outcome to the great question of what to do with these clones.

Raulyn Hawkshaw Magrath

Sate_PestageDate: Monday, 11 Mar 2013, 7:07 PM | Message # 9
Lieutenant general
Very well. The Baroness is recognized.

Sate Pestage

Baroness_MagrathDate: Monday, 11 Mar 2013, 7:24 PM | Message # 10
Lieutenant
Senator Bertuman, Senator Ray I commend both of you on your wishes to aid the clones after all they have done. At the same time I can understand how Senator Cambrist and others like him feel about the Clones. Yes they were crafted and grown for a single purpose and many believe that we need not give them more for a job they were grown to do. I spent my young years in the presence of many clones on the planet of Jaemus; though many of which were wounded and were taken care of by my family, I will be honest in saying I found it difficult in memorizing whom was whom with faces that were all the same.

However I ask should we not offer them some bit of humanity? Senator Cambrist I understand your reluctance to allow clones on your worlds with their medical conditions as unique as they are. I can understand those that would be hesitant to put them into any form of law enforcement or position in which they would be handling a blaster; least a bout of clone madness settle in suddenly.

To that end I propose to you a question. Would you feel better if they were utilized in a more fitting manner, one which would allow them to peacefully live out the remainder of their days as they see fit away from other Imperial citizens to ensure their safety?

Raulyn Hawkshaw Magrath

Senator_CambristDate: Monday, 11 Mar 2013, 11:20 PM | Message # 11
Lieutenant general
Awards: 6
The Baroness is a busy woman and can easily be forgiven for not being aware that the Senate has already addressed this. I reiterate what I said a moment ago:

Quote (Senator_Cambrist)
The current law concerning the retirement of clones is entirely adequate

Baroness_MagrathDate: Tuesday, 12 Mar 2013, 8:44 AM | Message # 12
Lieutenant
Senator Cambrist, I've read the law that was already passed by the Senate. However my initial question remains unanswered sir.

Would you feel better if they were utilized in a more fitting manner, one which would allow them to peacefully live out the remainder of their days as they see fit away from other Imperial citizens to ensure their safety?

Raulyn Hawkshaw Magrath

Senator_OrdanDate: Tuesday, 12 Mar 2013, 9:11 AM | Message # 13
Lieutenant general
Gentlemen,

The Clones were a tool for the Republic and Empire. When a tool runs out of it's useful lifespan it should be respected for it's former use but never the less not hoarded pointlessly. These are not fully formed human beings, they are bioautometon, conditioned and engineered organic fighting machines; from what I have heard from them they agree with this description, and the idea of retirement for most of them is obscene, they live only to serve.

They're not going to be happy in some retirement cloister. They're unable to adjust or fit into normal civilian life... Here is my proposal. All Clones who reach the end of their useful life should be given the option of 1mg Malkite themfar injected subdermally, to give them the quick and honourable death they want; I've never met a clone who wanted to waste away in retirement, aging and losing his mind from degenerative diseases and genetic flaws until death finally takes them.

The price? Circa 10 credits a clone, a couple more for the syringe. I honestly think this would be the best and brightest option for most aging clones, most would pick swift euthanasia over mental and physical degeneration and decline.

Senator Hubert Ordan

Senator of the Azure Sector
Foreign Minister of Anaxes
Captain-General of the Azure Interest Protection Squadron
Deputy Chairman of the Ethics Committee
Worshipful Master of the Most Loyal and Honourable Company of Blockadeers
Archtreasurer of the Vault of Pols Anaxes
Autocrat of Selgon
Owner of Azure Durasteel
Systems Admiral (Ret)
Order of the Canted Circle

Baroness_MagrathDate: Tuesday, 12 Mar 2013, 9:23 AM | Message # 14
Lieutenant
Senator Ordan, I do agree that many if not most of the clones would accept a quick and honorable death more readily than wasting away. I do also believe that there are those clones that still feel that they can serve the Empire even into their waning days. If you would be so kind as to listen to some old knowledge passed down by my late father.

"If you have no use for your shovel, you turn it into a pick. If you no longer need a pick, you turn it into a plow. If you have no need for a plow, you turn it into a sword."

Yes the clones were made as tools for a specific purpose, one which has come and gone. Yes we should not needlessly hoard a tool that has seen its use come and go; however I believe that those clones who still wish to serve the Empire can do so in a constructive manner. If a world does not wish to have them on their surface then we find a new way to use them. There are worlds and systems out there still yet untouched by the Empire and living in darkness. We can utilize those clones still wishing to serve as a means to bring these worlds into the Empire.

Raulyn Hawkshaw Magrath

Senator_OrdanDate: Tuesday, 12 Mar 2013, 9:43 AM | Message # 15
Lieutenant general
If some clones want to go and age in retirement, I'd consider their good service to merit them to be allowed this (if it doesn't cost the Empire). However, I simply don't believe many Clones are interested in living lives outside of the services, the military has always been their lives, and active service frontline military at that; I don't think someone born and bred to be an infanteer and who has only been an infanteer is likely to adjust well to life outside the Military.

I'm open to them being taken in, but I would propose offering them Euthanasia as another alternative option. Quick and painless is better than dying of some slow lingering genetic defect.

Senator Hubert Ordan

Senator of the Azure Sector
Foreign Minister of Anaxes
Captain-General of the Azure Interest Protection Squadron
Deputy Chairman of the Ethics Committee
Worshipful Master of the Most Loyal and Honourable Company of Blockadeers
Archtreasurer of the Vault of Pols Anaxes
Autocrat of Selgon
Owner of Azure Durasteel
Systems Admiral (Ret)
Order of the Canted Circle

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » Announcement
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz