MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Sunday
5:47 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » The Ryuun Hearing (of the Senate Ethics Committee)
The Ryuun Hearing
Johannes_OswaldtDate: Saturday, 13 Oct 2012, 9:37 PM | Message # 16
Major general
Group: Users
Awards: 0
(( No hurry, we're still waiting on Kirkwood here. ))

Johannes Oswaldt
Senator and Governor of Eriadu

Avram_KirkwoodDate: Sunday, 14 Oct 2012, 8:38 PM | Message # 17
Lieutenant
He rose from his seat upon the proper time, having submitted his fingerprint for the oath when commanded by Senator Ordan. He appeared slightly tired, but otherwise decent in his appearance. He wore one of his typical suits, his style being of a simple statesman, but the cut being clearly military. His walk to the witness box displayed that after a decade, his walk still carried the discipline of a career in the Army. As he was retired, he did not opt as some did, to wear his uniform, unless he was at a military engagement. He felt it would be improper, although perhaps fitting of the day.

Upon reaching the box, joining the other three, putting Senator Thanatos between himself and Senator Domon; he poured himself a glass of water, cleared his throat and then proceeded to take a liberal drink from the glass. He cleared his throat again. "I apologize gentlemen, for taking a moment here. I am currently recovering from a rather nasty cold." With that, he took a datapad and set it on the podium before he began to speak.

"I'm afraid I was secured in my Senatorial Apartment during the Droid Uprising fairly quickly by my bodyguard unit, so I can not comment on a physical act like Senator Thanatos has, as Senator Domon has also stated. I apologize up-front to the Committee should my opening statement not be sufficient, as this is, in fact, my first turn at being a witness of one of these hearings." He cleared his throat, taking another liberal drink of the glass which finished the water within. He poured another full glass, before continuing.

"As far as patriotism is concerned, I believe none of us this day can not call Lomen Ryuun a patriot. This is a man that risked his life to bring the Republic back to an Separatist world during the Clone Wars; an act nearly comparable to those of us who fought on the frontlines of the war, such as myself or Senator Ordan or Governor Oswaldt. I point to the legislation which Senator Ryuun has pointed to in his defense. I also point to the Motion to Repeal the Unknown Alien Encounters Orders, his status as a co-sponsor on the Capital Vessels Act, his eventual support of the Capital Vessels Act II; however, I don't believe his Senate record should be the focus here, as that should be well known to all in this room." He took a drink again.

"As Senator Thanatos has regaled us, he saved a fellow Senator's life; one whom was with child in a combat zone. He negotiated favorable terms on cirrifog production for the Empire which did not require combat troops to be put on the ground in a growing crisis. He has committed himself to be proactive and a man who eliminated problems before they become such. He has strived throughout his career in the Senate to be a man at the forefront of the flow of current events. I have personally seen no instances in which this man's patriotism or morals could be questioned." He finished his second glass of water, and poured a third glass. His throat was indeed bothering him and it was only his sense of duty that had brought him here. His voice was noticeably hoarse and cracking as he had spoke, and would continue.

"When Senator Oriel went absent, without any notice to the Defense Committee... or anyone in the Senate for that matter; Senator Ryuun wished to act. Before our Defense community could be paralyzed, he wished to ensure that we could move on from whatever ailment that Senator Oriel was suffering from at the time, with the situation completely unknown. Senator Ryuun approached me, seeking consultation on the matter and laying out a plan for a new Committee. I admit, I let certain aspects effect my judgement in the conversation. I freely admit that such a conversation should have occurred in a more open manner. What is important here, is that Senator Ryuun was acting in what he believed to be the best interest of the Empire. Truly, it was Senator Oriel's return that turned me against the recall; his absence was the primary reason for it, and that reason was now gone. Thankfully, Senator Ryuun eventually saw eye-to-eye on this issue, for the better of the Empire; which he was strove for all along."

The Honorable Avram W. Kirkwood
Senator of the Cygnus Star Empire

General, Imperial Army (Ret.)

Slai-FonDate: Monday, 15 Oct 2012, 6:49 AM | Message # 18
Colonel
As the hearing went on, Slai-fon took down notes on his holo-pad, He didn't have any questions as of now, but he will have some soon. Senator Ordan seemed to be doing a fine job leading this hearing so far. He had a cup of water in front of him, that he took little sip's from while listening to everyone, and taking notes. After Everyone had finished speaking he nodded his head to them, respectfully, even senator Domon, whom he had no hatred of, he believed in equal rights... For aliens and humans. As there wasn't any sign of Senator Ray, he decided to continue.

"Senator Ordan, you may continue with the hearing. You too, Governor Oswaldt. If you've got any questions for him or his witnesses. Please ask them. We have a duty here."

Slai-Fon Youngblood, Senator of Anobis, and the Bright Jewel sector
Chairman of ISEC (Imperial Senate Ethic's Committee.)
Chairman & CEO of K/Y deep.

Mr_Pluto_CratwrightDate: Saturday, 27 Oct 2012, 2:38 PM | Message # 19
Sergeant
Awards: 1
The esteemed Mr Pluto Cratwright sat back for a moment tapping his notes before leaning forward to the microphone and clearing his throat before speaking.

"May I say a word, Governor Oswaldt? Regarding the testimony thus far?"

Added (27 Oct 2012, 2:38 PM)
---------------------------------------------
"The woman's testimony is flawed by virtue of her present mental state, as lodged in her medical records and it is relevant to know to these proceedings she is suffering from a Memory disorder - Retrograde amnesia. It appears she does have a problem with remembering past a certain date, and while it may not be strictly relevant the fact she does demonstrably have memory issues can only be held to make her at best a problematic source of information. Although in this case its not strictly a problem since she's not saying much more than "Mr Ryuun helped me once".

Senator Kirkwoods testimony appears to be in order, psychologically he's clearly on the defensive and perhaps seeking to erect positions of non-responsibility but that's understandable and normal of people in stressful circumstances.

The snake creature is making a visual display, showing off his scales to the Committee, such visual displays are usually made in reptilian species where they are seeking to secure a mate; it should be stated from his initial visual display that he is sexually attracted to a member of the Committee, or is in some way aroused by the proceedings. From smelling his (to the expert) fairly pungent pheremones, I'd say he's showing signs of nervousness and could well be being evasive, although this could be the result of seeking to initiate mating with an individual present and so be sweating pheremones like an teenager flirting with a beautiful woman.

Senator Ryuun's body language is extremely restrained, almost as if he is seeking to keep his body language neutral, to avoid indicating his opinions via the Lorrdian body language. Plainly though, he's not happy being here; on the defensive in a similar manner to Senator Kirkwood but more so. It's also worth mentioning Senator Ryuun has performed considerable U-turns recently in order to appear more patriotic, this doesn't indicate he's unpatriotic, but certainly this reinforces the opinion that he might well feel others believe him not to be patriotic and so is over-compensating. Yes, indeed, there's resentment there too quite plain in his statement. It's unusual he's summoned witnesses who only seem to have a superficial relationship with him; but that's his call. Nothing in his behavior demonstrably undermines his statements though. I would like to offer, as a medical professional, Senator Lomen Ryuun the opportunity to be administered a small dose of a benzodiazapene sedative to relax him and help him set aside his concerns.

To the Committee, I would like to notify that I have a Truth-Scan available should they wish to question any witnesses or individuals present under stricter examination at any point. "

Mr Pluto Cratwright
Consultant Neurosurgeon

Senator_OrdanDate: Tuesday, 30 Oct 2012, 1:41 PM | Message # 20
Lieutenant general
"Governor Oswaldt, Senator Youngblood, any questions for those who have testified?"

Senator Hubert Ordan

Senator of the Azure Sector
Foreign Minister of Anaxes
Captain-General of the Azure Interest Protection Squadron
Deputy Chairman of the Ethics Committee
Worshipful Master of the Most Loyal and Honourable Company of Blockadeers
Archtreasurer of the Vault of Pols Anaxes
Autocrat of Selgon
Owner of Azure Durasteel
Systems Admiral (Ret)
Order of the Canted Circle

Johannes_OswaldtDate: Saturday, 02 Mar 2013, 11:04 PM | Message # 21
Major general
Yes, I would also like to thank Dr. Cratwright for his testimony, disturbing though it is. I think a strong case has been made to disqualify both the lady's testimony and Domon's. Now.. I do have questions for you Mr. Ryuun. I'll have a witness of my own to call on later, but before that and before I get to your patriotism- you voted for Senator Stark's re-proposal of clauses of the Capital Vessels Act II, didn't you?

Added (02 Mar 2013, 11:04 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Let the record show Senator Ryuun is refusing to cooperate with the Ethics Committee. I put my question to you again Sir.

Johannes Oswaldt
Senator and Governor of Eriadu

LomenRyuunDate: Sunday, 03 Mar 2013, 11:50 AM | Message # 22
Lieutenant general
Awards: 1
My apologies, Governor. Drinking a bit of water to wet the throat. Took me a moment. Yes, I did vote for the re-proposal.

Lomen Ryuun
Senator, Doldur Sector
Senator, Druckenwell
Representative, Monor II (10 BBY - 9 BBY)
Representative, Geridard
Representative, Boranall
Representative, Therenor Prime
Vice-chairman, Defense Committee (Temporarily suspended)
Controlling Shareholder - Druckenwell Arms Corporation

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » The Ryuun Hearing (of the Senate Ethics Committee)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz