MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Sunday
5:48 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » The Ryuun Hearing (of the Senate Ethics Committee)
The Ryuun Hearing
Senator_OrdanDate: Monday, 08 Oct 2012, 10:57 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant general
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Ordan strode into the Committee room first as the Stenographers, Scribes and itinerant personnel always involved in a hearing such as this one scuttled around preparing. He took stood behind his accustomed leather armchair styled chair at the left of the Chairman's Chair, a servant moving to take the cloak and hat he had worn on his ingress, he also slid the white cotton gloves he had worn today from his hands and let the functionary scuttle off with them.

Today, he was dressed fabulously, in the full uniform of the Capitain-General of the Axum Interest Protection Squadron, across his chest were fully three racks of medals and decorations, representing the many titles and distinctions as well as awards held by Hubert Ordan, most prominent among these were the recently awarded medals indicating his service in COMPNOR. Furthermore, he had attached to his chest his Imperial Systems Admiral rank slide and cylinders, providing a subtle reminder of his distinguished Imperial Military service. He truly looked the paragon of the retired officer returned to his home-world and having used the lessons learned in a distinguished Imperial Career to the best effect.

He took from his breast pocket his Cigarra case and placed it on the table to the left of his datapad, before sitting in the chair which auto-adjusted to his specifications thanks to a small onboard computer system. He clicked it on and went through the various data on the screen quickly before he was approached by one of the Committee Staffers. "Admiral Ordan, Sir?" the man spoke as if he had a rod going up his back, formerly one of Ordan's Junior Petty Officers in the Imperial Navy and knowing his exacting requirements he had proven an excellent candidate to be the Honourary Serjeant to the Committee. Looking up Ordan gave a slight nod to the man "Go ahead Jenks" spoke the Senator.

"All auxiliary personnel to the Senate Ethics Committee are suitably placed at their desks with all the accoutrements they might require to fulfill their roles with patriotism and gusto. Senator Youngblood begs leave and wishes to inform you that he will be present when he is able, and that the prior procedure should be enacted with yourself and Governor Oswaldt holding the hearing while he is patched in via holoprojector to comment if he feels it needful. Suh."

"Righto, Please inform Governor Oswaldt the hearing will begin in fifteen minutes. You may permit Senator Ryuun to enter with any advice he feels needful. Suitable members of the press are to be permitted access and the public gallery is to be opened to Humans. That is all." he returned to the reading over of his notes and sending a message to Oswaldt himself quietly.

Senator Hubert Ordan

Senator of the Azure Sector
Foreign Minister of Anaxes
Captain-General of the Azure Interest Protection Squadron
Deputy Chairman of the Ethics Committee
Worshipful Master of the Most Loyal and Honourable Company of Blockadeers
Archtreasurer of the Vault of Pols Anaxes
Autocrat of Selgon
Owner of Azure Durasteel
Systems Admiral (Ret)
Order of the Canted Circle

LomenRyuunDate: Tuesday, 09 Oct 2012, 1:43 AM | Message # 2
Lieutenant general
Awards: 1
When informed, Ryuun entered into the Ethics Committee room. He took a seat in his assigned place, seeing Ordan, yet not Youngblood. Slai-Fon had been absent lately, which was odd, but Ryuun expected to see the Chairman at this hearing. The list of witnesses Ryuun wished to call, consisting of Senator Thanatos of Chandrila, Senator Ray of Dantooine and Senators Domon and Kirkwood, of Sluis Van and the Cygnus Star Empire, respectively, were submitted upon entry and under his arm was carried a small case that held documents.

Lomen Ryuun
Senator, Doldur Sector
Senator, Druckenwell
Representative, Monor II (10 BBY - 9 BBY)
Representative, Geridard
Representative, Boranall
Representative, Therenor Prime
Vice-chairman, Defense Committee (Temporarily suspended)
Controlling Shareholder - Druckenwell Arms Corporation

Message edited by LomenRyuun - Tuesday, 09 Oct 2012, 1:49 AM

Slai-FonDate: Tuesday, 09 Oct 2012, 6:36 AM | Message # 3
Colonel
The senator from the bright jewel sector was well informed on this matter, and as chairman of the Ethic's committee, he wasn't at the hearing right away due to pressing matters on his home planet but he was indeed on his way. Surely enough The Chairman of the Ethic's committee entered the room, nodded his head to both Lomen Ryuun, Senator of Druckenwell, and Senator Hubert Ordan, of the Azure Sector.

"Good day gentlemen, I apologize for not being the first, as It's been quite a busy slash hellish few months on my sector. I am well informed of what this meeting is about, however Senator Oswaldt isn't here, so well wait 20 minutes for him, if he doesn't show the hearing will go on as planned."

He took his seat in the middle of the Ethic's committee desk. To his right would be Ordan and his left would sit Oswadt, if he ever showed up.

Slai-Fon Youngblood, Senator of Anobis, and the Bright Jewel sector
Chairman of ISEC (Imperial Senate Ethic's Committee.)
Chairman & CEO of K/Y deep.

Johannes_OswaldtDate: Tuesday, 09 Oct 2012, 9:21 AM | Message # 4
Major general
Governor Oswaldt entered the room a moment later, fashionably on-time as always. He'd complained of indigestion earlier in the day, having read Senator Fitzgerald's "envoy of the Senate" proposal, but a glass of the smoothest Savareen brandy had settled his stomach nicely. The Governor was dressed in Imperial grey, his few remaining hairs combed immaculately across the breadth of his head. His chin led the way into the room, with a protocol droid shuffling in behind him.

Though he was similarly accoutred for the occasion, he, unlike Senator Ordan, had no notes on hand. Where Ordan was well-prepared, Oswaldt's approach to these hearings was more characteristically impulsive; his weapons of choice, the follow-up hypothetical and, of course, racial innuendo. He could also be counted on to press Ryuun on his "patriotic" bonafides, such as they were.

Oswaldt greeted Sly, Hubert, and Hubert's cigarra case in turn as he sat down, his protocol droid taking a seat (awkwardly) behind him. He would wait for Slai Fon and Ordan to begin the proceedings and ask their questions of Senator Ryuun.

Johannes Oswaldt
Senator and Governor of Eriadu

Bernard_OrielDate: Tuesday, 09 Oct 2012, 1:09 PM | Message # 5
Colonel general
Oriel took a seat in the public gallery and watched quietly.

Bernard Oriel
Senator for the Planet of Vjun
1st Earl Malreaux (Second Creation)
Vjun Delegation to the Imperial Senate

Message edited by Bernard_Oriel - Tuesday, 09 Oct 2012, 1:13 PM

Senator_OrdanDate: Tuesday, 09 Oct 2012, 1:14 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant general
"The Senate Ethics Committee is called to order. The first item on the Agenda is to Investigate the Professional and Personal Ethics and Patriotism of Senator Lomen Ryuun of Druckenwell." spoke Ordan after waiting for a signal from Sly to do so, speaking in a cool and calm voice.

"The Order of Proceedings will be as follows." he said tapping a document on his datapad which would then appear on all the databases of the Committee room's terminals.

Order of Business

1. Senator Lomen Ryuun may make a statement of his loyalty and conduct if he elects to do so.
2. Senator Lomen Ryuun may summon witnesses to attest to his statement and discuss matters the Committee might find relevant.

The witnesses summoned by Senator Ryuun are:
Senator Thanatos of Chandrila
Senator Ray of Dantooine
Senator Domon of Sluis Van
Senator Kirkwood of Cygni

As Senator Domon is an alien, Sentientologist and Xenobiologist Mr Pluto Cratwright, currently visiting lecturer on Sentientology at the University of Imperial Center. As Mr Pluto Cratwright is also a Psychiatrist and Neurosurgeon by trade, I have no doubt he will prove useful in scrutinizing the conduct of all present. He will enter a short statement regarding the testimony of each after it is given.

3. The Ethics Committee will put questions to the witnesses called by Senator Ryuun if they have any.

4. The Ethics Committee will put Senator Lomen Ryuun any questions they have.

5. The Ethics Committee will summon any witnesses it thinks would be relevant (if there are any). Senator Lomen Ryuun may submit questions on paper to be asked of these witnesses at the discretion of the Committee.

6. Senator Lomen Ryuun will make a closing statement.

There will be a 90 minute recess for lunch and deliberation.

7. The Ethics Committee will make a "summing up" statement after it has voted on an outcome and then deliver it's ruling regarding Senator Lomen Ryuun

"The Senate Ethics Committee traditionally takes it's hearings under oath. If you consent to swearing the following oath, under penalty of the full weight of law, please indicate your consent by placing your finger on the scanner next to your seat's terminal. The Oath reads: I do swear and solemnly affirm that I will tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth under penalty of law."

Ordan would wait for all the witnesses to go ahead and digitally sign their oathes with a fingerprint before he went on. "Unless you Gentlemen have anything to add?" he turned to Sly and Oswaldt. "Then I say we kick off proceedings with Senator Lomen Ryuun's statement, please do go on and tell us about your ethics and conduct in office."

Senator Hubert Ordan

Autocrat of Selgon
Owner of Azure Durasteel
Systems Admiral (Ret)

Mr_Pluto_CratwrightDate: Tuesday, 09 Oct 2012, 1:18 PM | Message # 7
Sergeant
Mr Pluto Cratwright sat in one corner of the room on an elevated platform which would give him a commanding view of the witness box. He was dressed in a fine if plain un-dyed linen suit. He had in his hands a datapad and stylus, in addition he had equipped himself with his medical bag which sat next to him, containing all his phrenological tools and other aides to the craft of a Sentientologist and Doctor.

Mr Pluto Cratwright
Consultant Neurosurgeon

Johannes_OswaldtDate: Tuesday, 09 Oct 2012, 1:42 PM | Message # 8
Major general
As he listened to the proceedings, Oswaldt had also been corresponding with Senator Ray on a built-in console in the dias. He sent his exchange of messages to Ray and the Senator's response to Ordan's and Slai Fon's consoles. Apparently, Senator Ray wouldn't be available to testify on Senator Ryuun's behalf after all.

Oswaldt exited the messaging app and leaned back in his seat, waving a hand dismissively as Ordan asked if he had anything to add. He cleared his throat as he followed the proceedings, watching Ryuun closely.

Johannes Oswaldt
Senator and Governor of Eriadu

Message edited by Johannes_Oswaldt - Tuesday, 09 Oct 2012, 1:44 PM

Senator_OrdanDate: Tuesday, 09 Oct 2012, 1:53 PM | Message # 9
Lieutenant general
"Gentlemen, it appears there has been a change of plan. Senator Exar Ray has stated that he does not wish to testify for Senator Lomen Ryuun at this time. Unless Senator Lomen Ryuun has a compelling reason why I should go against Senator Rays wishes and thus subpoena him to testify then he will be retired from your list of witnesses. If you do not wish to press for a subpoena of Senator Ray, please make your opening Statement Senator Ryuun."

Senator Hubert Ordan

Autocrat of Selgon
Owner of Azure Durasteel
Systems Admiral (Ret)

LomenRyuunDate: Tuesday, 09 Oct 2012, 3:35 PM | Message # 10
Lieutenant general
Ryuun considered the availability of Senator Ray and then shook his head. "Senator Ray may be retired from the list." Clearing his throat slightly, the Druckenwellian Senator stood to address the committee after accepting the oath. "It would appear that, as you have said, Senator Ordan, that my personal and professional ethics are to be investigated, as well as my patriotism, which I find strange, but not unexpected, seeing as this hearing is in regards to my seat on the Defense Committee, if I am not mistaken.

"I would like to call to light a number of references that should speak for themselves as part of my opening statement. I draw your attention to the following: The Highly Destructive Ordnance Act (Planetary), The Biological Weapons Act, The Ryuun/Ordan Government Workers Political Donation Act, The Increased Transport Security Act, The Imperial Anthem Act, The Imperial Flag Bill, Druckenwell's condemnation of Monor II's actions at Dantooine and my stance on the Orvax IV Slave Fair resolution.

"These pieces of legislature are not pieces proposed for personal benefit, nor were they proposed in any manner for Druckenwell to profit, nor for myself to profit from. What these are, however, are the pieces of work from a highly loyal member of the Empire, who went so far as to forsake his own world when it shamefully turned to the Separatist cause and continued to fight in service to the Republic, and then to go on to see that world become a productive member of the Empire.

"I am fond of few aliens, save those who are hardworking contributors to the Empire, and I am a believe in Human High Culture. I have stood firm against those who would attempt to sweep Druckenwell under the rug for its past and I daresay I shall continue to do so in the future. I call upon the three remaining witnesses to speak their pieces in regards to the statement I have made."

Lomen Ryuun
Senator, Doldur Sector
Senator, Druckenwell
Representative, Monor II (10 BBY - 9 BBY)
Representative, Geridard
Representative, Boranall
Representative, Therenor Prime
Vice-chairman, Defense Committee (Temporarily suspended)
Controlling Shareholder - Druckenwell Arms Corporation

Senator_OrdanDate: Thursday, 11 Oct 2012, 8:40 AM | Message # 11
Lieutenant general
"Thank you, Senator Ryuun. Your statement has been entered into the record. The Senate Ethics Committee always seeks to be thorough, and in this matter we felt that it was appropriate to conduct a full investigation into your ethics so that whatever our ruling is, it is fully contextualized within the wider context of your conduct and thoughts.

Your witnesses may now give their statements; after one has finished the next may proceed in the order they are named."

Senator Hubert Ordan

Autocrat of Selgon
Owner of Azure Durasteel
Systems Admiral (Ret)

Ilanah_ThanatosDate: Thursday, 11 Oct 2012, 2:51 PM | Message # 12
Colonel general
Awards: 3
Ilanah Thanatos was present, despite her resolution to stay away from Imperial Center for as long as she possibly could. What she could remember from the day of the droid revolution was quite traumatic and she was hesitant to re-live any of it. This, however, was an exception, as she owed Senator Ryuun her life and she would do anything necessary to pay him back for what he had done for her that day.

She was dressed in a long, silvery blue gown (and was the polar opposite of Mon Mothma as far as fashion sense went) and had her dark locks pulled back in an elaborate braid, fastened with a silver clip in the shape of a Chandrilan symbol. The Senator would take a seat and her oath and then tell the committee what she knew. But first, the Senator took just a brief moment.

"Gentlemen, while I do not know Senator Ryuun very well, I learned much about his character in just a few short hours. I am also well aware of his Senate record which, to me, does not reflect any anti-Imperial tendancies at all. Why he is being called unpatriotic is beyond my scope of knowledge.

Personally speaking, Lomen Ryuun is a good man. He is kind, and shows a fierce loyalty that few have these days. Moreover, he saved my life, and the life of my son on the day of the Droid Revolution. Not many would do such a thing for a woman, or any sentient, that they had barely previously spoken to, but he did. He risked his life and put himself in danger to help us, and for that I will be eternally grateful. If that is not ethical as well as a service to the Empire, I do not know what is. I would hope that saving the life of another Imperial Senator would be viewed as such.

I wish that I had more for you, but I can try to answer any questions that you may have, if any."

Ilanah R. Thanatos
Senator of Chandrila

Toben-DomonDate: Thursday, 11 Oct 2012, 4:39 PM | Message # 13
Major general
Toben Domon found himself second on the list of witnesses. The Sluissi was dressed in a fine coat of shimmering green that was cut to allow comfortable movement while showing off the scales upon his body; highlighting his best feature, as one might say among the Sluissi, but he didn't quite expect the Humans within the room to grasp such. Clearing his throat (a rather human sound), he made his way forwards to speak.

"Senator Ryuun has always been a fair and just friend to Sluis Van. His views mark him as decidedly Imperial in nature, which of course, is a good thing. I have seen him as an outspoken advocate of the Empire, and quick to defend his friends and allies, which even in Sluissi views places him as a man of good character.

"I cannot speak for him as Senator Thanatos has done; I was not present on Imperial Center during the Droid Uprising, but I can say that with all policies between Sluis Van and Druckenwell, there has been no one-sided dealings that have left Sluis Van holding the short end of the stick. I will vouch for Senator Ryuun as fully as I can."

Toben Domon
Senator, Sluis Van

Senator_OrdanDate: Thursday, 11 Oct 2012, 5:21 PM | Message # 14
Lieutenant general
Ordan took down some notes as things went on. He wrote down a few questions to ask later as a result of the testimony so far. He shuddered slightly in revulsion as the alien entered one of the clerks stifled a wretch at seeing the disgusting snake creature, far from being excited by the "best features" of the alien, nearly all in the room were disgusted by the creature's monstrous reptilian appearance. Ordan's first reaction was to reach for his ceremonial blaster and vaporize the.. thing.. infront of him, but made no move to do so, wishing to appear as enlightened as possible.

He turned to Kirkwood, waiting for the man's words so he might pose questions.

Senator Hubert Ordan

Autocrat of Selgon
Owner of Azure Durasteel
Systems Admiral (Ret)

Slai-FonDate: Saturday, 13 Oct 2012, 6:44 AM | Message # 15
Colonel
((Sorry guy's been swarmed with work since I took a few extra days off to deal with my family issues over in Atlanta, When I'm free I'll make a post.))

Slai-Fon Youngblood, Senator of Anobis, and the Bright Jewel sector
Chairman of ISEC (Imperial Senate Ethic's Committee.)
Chairman & CEO of K/Y deep.

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » The Ryuun Hearing (of the Senate Ethics Committee)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz