MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Monday
6:57 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » Le Dénouement de Baltimn
Le Dénouement de Baltimn
Vladimir_UlyanovDate: Monday, 14 Jun 2010, 8:13 PM | Message # 61
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
As Vladamir recieved reports of the Neimoidians stating they would seize the ship he remarked laconically "And so you reap what you have sown from your prostitution of Baltimn to the Capitalist Offworlders Mr Stomwell"

Comrade Chairman Vladimir Illych Yuri Ulynov

Chairman of the Central Committee of Peoples Commissars

Baltimn Labour Party

Also known as:

The Baltimn Revolutionary Movement for Change, Hope, Prosperity, Economic Equality.

JephStomwellDate: Tuesday, 15 Jun 2010, 1:13 AM | Message # 62
Major
Awards: 1
stomwell sook his head in annoyance.

"drugging soldiers trying to do fair work? something i would expect from you neimoidians. do be good enough to put them on the transport to the naboo vessel, will you? as it stands, i would feel much more comfortable heading over there now."

Jeph Stomwell
Ambassador, Baltimn

Simon_LeviDate: Tuesday, 15 Jun 2010, 1:17 AM | Message # 63
Major general
Awards: 3
With the Baltimnite soldiers incapacitated, a group of B-1s moved onto the vessel, followed by some B1 Technicians with cutting equipment to break any sealed doors aboard the ship. Medical droids moving up with stretchers and taking the Baltimn soldiers to have Valium administered so they wouldnt trip out and disarmed them.

Moff of the Tammuz Sector

Message edited by Senator_Kruus - Tuesday, 15 Jun 2010, 1:20 AM

JephStomwellDate: Tuesday, 15 Jun 2010, 2:05 AM | Message # 64
Major
the first thing the initial droids would discern was that the ship's on-board security systems had been enabled for protection, meaning the small laser projectors (that were quite deadly nonetheless) opened fire, blasting away with certain accuracy at the droids who, of course, had no training or experience in this sort of matter.

stomwell repeated his wish to depart the neimoidian vessel. if they ignored him again, he would give a friendly nod to king mercutio on the viewport and then leave the room.

Jeph Stomwell
Ambassador, Baltimn

Simon_LeviDate: Tuesday, 15 Jun 2010, 9:46 AM | Message # 65
Major general
The first droids would die perhaps, but simply a pair of Droideka were rolled in from the Lucrehulk's garrison who moved around and efficiently targeted the enemy's small turrets, quickly eliminating them and allowing the B1s to work unimpeded.

JephStomwellDate: Wednesday, 16 Jun 2010, 2:36 AM | Message # 66
Major
the droids couldn't have known it was a trap. it was a very fancy trap, true; those on board hadn't had much time to rig anything truly elaborate up before they were captured, but it was meant more as a destructive trap and not one designed to deter. the nobility hadn't liked the idea really, but they'd gone along with it, primarily because nobody trusted neimoidia to not be their usual greedy, piratical selves.

the activation of the now-destroyed laser projectors activated a small mouse droid, common on some ships for menial tasks and cleaning. this droid, deep within the cargo hold, was set in place to trigger something else.

what the neimoidians also could not have known was that the light corvette, being the largest vessel baltimn had, also stored twenty-five proton torpedoes and thirty concussion missiles in its cargo hold for rearming the baltimn fighters and patrol boats on long-range patrols, ensuring they would not always have to land and rearm; a most efficient deal. most of the baltimn wealth not stashed in passenger cabins or being in the form of electronic wealth was also in the cargo hold, neatly stacked.

the mouse droid's task was simple: one torpedo was already opened up with the detonator exposed. bare moments after the turrets went down, it achieved its current primary and indeed, last objective, by activating the warheads.

that much armament exploding at once was more than enough, when coupled with the still-active reactor on board the ship, of destroying it quite thoroughly. being inside the neimoidian vessel when it went off was sure to cause the larger ship some problems as well.

Jeph Stomwell
Ambassador, Baltimn

Vladimir_UlyanovDate: Wednesday, 16 Jun 2010, 10:24 AM | Message # 67
Lieutenant
The bomb was set off, blowing up in the Hangar in a fairly unspectacular fashion, automatic explosion detectors vented the explosion's blast into space after the section of the hangar was filled up, the inside of the hangar was annihalated, but aside from that there was nothing to speak of in the way of major damage. Blast sheilds slid down over the conference room overlooking the hangar and protected the Baltimnite people onboard.

Baltimn Labour Party

Also known as:

The Baltimn Revolutionary Movement for Change, Hope, Prosperity, Economic Equality.

Simon_LeviDate: Wednesday, 16 Jun 2010, 10:30 AM | Message # 68
Major general
*Mercutio was relayed the action aboard the Neimoidian vessel, that they had attempted a non violent seizure and had been the victim of a very expensive (if non deadly) explosion.*

*The Neimoidian Portmaster raised a hand and a pair of B2 battle droids stepped into the communications room with Stomwell*

"Mr Stomwell, You are under arrest under the Terrorism Act for acts of Terrorism onboard a Neimoidian ship"

JephStomwellDate: Wednesday, 16 Jun 2010, 5:20 PM | Message # 69
Major
"hardly acts of terrorism. you were warned several times and you still chose to proceed at your own risk. if i am to submit to you, i wish to ask king mercutio for political asylum until the date of my trial. he may place me under house arrest. i fear i would not survive to trial under the neimoidian law system."

Jeph Stomwell
Ambassador, Baltimn

Simon_LeviDate: Wednesday, 16 Jun 2010, 5:53 PM | Message # 70
Major general
The Portmaster smiled "Ain't gunna happen sonny Jim". A muscled Neimoidian Brute stepped in and smiled at Stomwell "Yoowre goin' straight to 'ard labour. You not gettin asylum.. maybe you need to go to one though, Hur Hur", he smiled and held up a pair of shackles forged from raw iron "Gunna enjoy 'avin ya az a part of the team down on Z-Shift. Yool be cleanin' the trash compactors mostly."

JephStomwellDate: Wednesday, 16 Jun 2010, 7:10 PM | Message # 71
Major
"the new republic still has a say, i believe. you can hardly imprison someone without a fair trial. i think we should wait to see what the king of naboo has to say on this matter. it wouldn't do to have a rather large lawsuit against neimoidia because of obstruction of justice. i also am quite sure neimoidia doesn't wish to break the law.

"as such, a denial of political asylum until a trial is quite a breach of law and conduct. you are aware the king is still in contact with us as i speak, yes?"

Jeph Stomwell
Ambassador, Baltimn

Simon_LeviDate: Thursday, 17 Jun 2010, 2:17 PM | Message # 72
Major general
The Brute spoke with a smile "I dun giv a dam bout no kingz, I just told to arrest you. As pur rule 8768 of the book of rules, dis is your one warning, you'l come with me or be incapacitated then i'l drag you down to the Prison Deck.."

The Portmaster smiled "I had a hunch you might say that. Neimoidian Legislative Assembly Act 379,778 Page 9 Paragraph 8, Point 2 "The rule of law and Sovereign law of Neimoidia applies aboard all Neimoidian vessels". Political Asylum would only be relevant if you were outside of our jurisdiction. Either way, an extradition treaty exists within the New Republic, and probrable cause for arrest is clearly extant as even Mr Mercutio will admit from the warge expwosion.

You will be taken from here into standard Neimoidian Prison Conditions then held until trial. This is not illegal imprisonment. If you were held indefinately with no trial this would be."

JephStomwellDate: Thursday, 17 Jun 2010, 4:44 PM | Message # 73
Major
"well, it seems you have me at a disadvantage then."

with a faint smile, he raised his wrists for the binders that would inevitably end up on his wrists.

"lead me to your cellblock."

Jeph Stomwell
Ambassador, Baltimn

MercutioDate: Monday, 21 Jun 2010, 1:14 PM | Message # 74
Sergeant
Awards: 2
Mercutio turned off the holoscreen in frustration, on which he and Ulyanov had seen Stomwell being detained for the crime he had probably committed. The King knew the Neimoidians well enough to know that Stomwell would probably disappear into their justice system for quite some time. Perhaps it was for the best; Stomwell seemed to have sparse interest in governing Baltimn and he did share the blame for the unrest on the planet. It was on Ulyanov, now. "Well," the King said politely, but with some exasperation in his voice as he stood clear of Ulyanov's path to the door, "There is violence on your world, there are many dead, many homeless, and soon, many hungry and many angry. There are armed men all across Baltimn on one side or another, and there is potential that this war, if you will, is going to persist for some time. There is a Star Destroyer descending on your planet as we speak, and no one knows its affiliation, or its intentions. For all we know, it could be the first of many to arrive here to exploit Baltimn and its people while they are vulnerable. These are not 'horizons of beauty, joy and happiness' for your people, nor will it long be 'non-contact with offworlders' and 'capitalists.'"

"Before we leave, Mr. Ulyanov, I ask you," he came to the point, "Is there anything you need from us? Or should we begone with our 'trinkets' of food and medicine and our 'corrupting ideals' of peace for your people? The choice is yours, and the New Republic will respect it."

His Excellency,
Governor Mercutio of Naboo
Head of the Royal Advisory Council, and Duke of Ferentina

Message edited by King_Mercutio - Monday, 21 Jun 2010, 1:20 PM

Vladimir_UlyanovDate: Monday, 21 Jun 2010, 9:35 PM | Message # 75
Lieutenant
"Mr Mercutio. I appear to have spoken in anger against yourself and the New Republic. I would like to be clear with this and formally apologise for my hasty words. I merely fear for the world and for each citizen of Baltimn who has been kept with nothing but their chains. You see now the insanity which has been allowed to rule the world for which I would die, for the people who I do truly love.

I would like your advice King Mercutio. Too long have I dreamed of a proletarian revolution, I have sat for long nights just hoping for a revolution to upset the injustice which has been Baltimn for so long, I did not . Please render unto me your advice and a plan of action for my Government to take towards a social democracy on Baltimn. Certain reforms must be implemented before election, but you have my word they will be transparent and done with a popular mandate.

As for this exploitation, perhaps we could negotiate a settlement with the New Republic so that Baltimn remains unexploited by any of the major powers? A protected world in the sense Endor is, but instead of an environmental protectorate, an economic one. We have seen from Neimoidia that there are those who would pillage a primative economy merely to exploit it in the short term with no hope of long term economic growth and prosperity."

Baltimn Labour Party

Also known as:

Message edited by Vladimir_Ulyanov - Monday, 21 Jun 2010, 9:39 PM

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » Le Dénouement de Baltimn
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz