MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Tuesday
2:31 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » Ah, the fateful mission to Krayiss Two
Ah, the fateful mission to Krayiss Two
Mira_NaevaDate: Sunday, 08 Aug 2010, 8:48 AM | Message # 46
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Mira had made her way back to the ship as quickly as she was able. The entire time she was walking (or in some cases, running), her mind was almost blank, save for the image of Jaden and the feeling of the anger that was radiating from him. It had scared her more than what Saia had tried to do to her. Luckily for her, Jace had been there. Else she might have been hurt, or worse, dead.

Once she was back on the ship, Mira stripped off her jacket and left it laying one the floor as she made her way to the cockpit. The intention was to just leave, dissapear, and not look back. That wasn't the Jaden that she knew, and seeing that made her want to get as far from him as possible, despite the feelings she had for him.

She fired up the engines and had started plugging the coordinates for Coruscant into the nav-computer before she dropped down into the pilots seat. Her better judgment told her that, her feelings aside, she couldn't abandon the two Jedi there. Although they could very likely make it home safely, it was not in her nature to just run.

So when Jace would arrive, the engines would already be hot and the ship would be ready to take off. It did look bad. It did look like she was going to run, but she didn't much care what the Jedi thought. And when she heard his voice echo through the ship, she didn't answer at first.

Finally, Mira focused her attention back on the nav-computer, fussing with the coordinates. "I'm fine, let's just get the hell off of this rock." She finally responded as she yelled back out of the cockpit. Her words, however, were not the truth.

Jace_VaritekDate: Sunday, 08 Aug 2010, 6:30 PM | Message # 47
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
"Yes, let's," Jace agreed as he made his way into the cockpit. He remained standing in the entrance for a moment and watching with a thoughtful frown on his face as Mira's hands swept over the controls. He didn't need the Force to know that she was troubled by what had happened, but the Force did tell him, at least, that she wasn't upset with Jace for what he had done. No, what he had had to do. She had seen, then, that Jaden hadn't been in control of himself—no doubt, it was difficult to bear. Jace hadn't felt for someone in a long time what she clearly felt for Jaden. But he had before, and knew that what she was going through was hard. It was hard enough to see someone you care about indulge some dark and destructive part of themselves that shattered your preconceptions of them, but it was worse when, in Jaden's case, it was "destructive" in a quite literal sense.

He was also sensitive to the fact that what she was going through was very private, and he was instinctively reluctant to involve himself. What could he possibly say to comfort her, anyway? 'He just lost his temper'? 'He was only being protective'? No, Jace wouldn't lie to her. He turned to leave, but then stopped. He turned again and sat down in one of the seats behind her. "What are you going to do?" he asked her, softly. "He'll be awake soon."

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

Mira_NaevaDate: Sunday, 08 Aug 2010, 6:45 PM | Message # 48
Lieutenant colonel
Mira paused her movements and she stopped programming the nav computer when Jace spoke. She hesitated and looked down at her trembling fingers. "I need to get back to work." she murmured. "And I don't actually know how to fly this thing. They kind of fly themselves, don't they?" Mira said before Jace spoke to her.

"I am going to go back to Coruscant. But I imagine you are wanting to go somewhere else?" She said. Mira wasn't used to being so standoffish with someone that had saved her life. Though maybe it was the same defensive front that she usually used when she was on a job. "I'm sure I have a job waiting for me....a mission or something. I've been away for a couple of weeks anyway....and the trial is coming up you know." She paused for a moment. "You probably don't know....corrupt mining boss....Jaden can fill you in."

She knew she was rambling, and she didn't care.

Jace_VaritekDate: Monday, 09 Aug 2010, 0:40 AM | Message # 49
Generalissimo
Jace sighed. "Yavin is closer," he said, "I was hoping we could stop there first, if you don't mind. Then I'll be out of your way." The choice of words was not intentionally ironic, though if he hadn't been "in her way" a few moments ago she'd have been seriously hurt or even killed. He placed a hand on her shoulder for a moment as he squeezed past her and seated himself in the co-pilot's chair, then glanced about the controls. "Is it okay if I give it a try? I flew a YT-1000 once and the controls seem to be pretty much the same." She was clearly preoccupied, and Jace didn't wait for an answer before he fired up the repulsorlifts and the freighter began to lift ponderously off the ground.

They sat in silence for a few moments, the dull brown of Krayiss II slipping away beneath them, until Jace finally spoke again. "You know, you can run from this place, but you can't run from what happened here," he said. "I won't mention it again if you don't want me to, but sooner or later you'll have to confront it. And sooner is best, I think, before Jaden wakes up." He didn't mention that this was as true for him as it was for her—Jace, too, had to decide what exactly he thought of all this, and what to do about it. He could use the Force, yes, to calm his mind and listen to himself. But this would do Mira no good, and Jace was not ambivalent to the anguish that she was clearly trying to bury inside her.

He wanted to use the same calming technique on Mira that he'd used earlier on Jaden, but he understood that everyone had to fight their own battles, and in their own way—even if they lost those battles. He would continue to look out the viewport with a pained expression on his face, and occasionally glance over the instruments as stars began to appear in the black outside the ship. If she rebuffed him again, he would leave her be. "Do you have a medkit aboard?" Jace asked a moment later, the pain in his leg becoming more apparent now that his adrenaline rush was wearing down.

Jace Varitek

—John Maynard Keynes

Mira_NaevaDate: Monday, 09 Aug 2010, 2:04 PM | Message # 50
Lieutenant colonel
Mira would finally look over at the Jedi, taking her first real look at the man. "I don't fly. I mean, I know how...sort of. And you weren't in my way. Ever." but she nodded and let him take over the controls and just sat herself back in her seat and stared out the front viewport until he spoke again.

"Confront what exactly, Master Jedi? The fact that my friend....someone who I have known for a really long time now and worked with for years....kinda just went all crazy evil and was probably going to kill that girl?" She asked rather bluntly. Mira really wasn't sure what else to say other than that. Immediately, she felt like she was rude. "I'm sorry." Idly, she rubbed her fingertips over her closed eyes and drew in a deep breath to try and calm herself down. It was obvious that she was torn, she was just having a hard time talking about it and dealing with it.

"A medkit? Yeah sure. I'll go get it." She murmured before she dissapeared down the hallway for a few moments before she returned with a white plastic box in her hands. "You'll have to put this thing on auto pilot. What's wrong?"

Jace_VaritekDate: Wednesday, 11 Aug 2010, 9:48 PM | Message # 51
Generalissimo
"Yes," Jace admitted. That was exactly what he had meant. "And I'm sorry too. I've also known Jaden for many years," he paused. "Or thought I did." Some believed that when the so called dark side of the Force corrupted an otherwise good person, it could compel him to do bad things. Jace, however, didn't believe that anything Jaden had said or done had been against his will. Which meant that he was harboring some fear inside of him, a deep insecurity that threatened him. Usually, it was a simple thing—fear of failure, or loss, or rejection. He looked askance at Mira and wondered whether Jaden was to her what she was to Jaden. After all, Jaden had been willing to murder for her, or perhaps for fear of losing her. But just now she had referred to him in platonic terms, as a friend and colleague. Ordinarily, this would be none of Jace's business. But if whatever was preying on Jaden continued to do so, the next time it might not be a Dark Jedi that he would try to kill. Jace looked away from Mira, feeling cold.

Jace's first impression of Mira might not have been the best, but he could sense that she was a stronger person than she had been today. She must be, to be an NRI agent. But perhaps unusually for an NRI agent, she also seemed pure at heart and genuinely concerned not only for herself or her relationship with Jaden, but for Jaden himself. It was unfortunate that she had to go through this, it occurred to Jace. When he had seen Havoc, Darwin, and the others surrender themselves so completely to their basest passions, it had shaken his faith in people. Respect, trust, even friendship and love were things that came difficult for him now, and he didn't want to see this happen to Mira too.

Perhaps Jaden would come out of this a better person. He had to, and Jace would help however he could. "Thank you," he said a moment later when Mira returned with the medkit. By now, the black of space outside the cockpit had been replaced with the flourescent blue glow of hyperspace, and the freighter could tend to itself. "I'm fairly sure my leg is fractured," Jace answered her, calmly. Was it because the Force had told him? No, it was because it hurt a lot. He swivelled his chair around and suppressed a grimace as he slid his boot off, tugged his pant leg up to the knee, and crossed his injured leg over the other. "Jaden cares deeply for you," he said to her as he rummaged through the medkit for the tool he needed, then glanced up at her. "He also has some deep fear inside of him, and I feel like it might be a fear of losing you." He perused the kit once again until he found it—a small, portable medical scanner. He switched it on and looked closely at the small display screen as he held the sensor over his ankle. "I know it isn't my place to ask," he said, "but should he be?"

It was, in fact, many questions within a question. Mira was in a dangerous line of work, yes, but that's not what Jace meant by "losing her." What it really came down to is what she expected from her relationship with Jaden, and if it was as much as Jaden apparently did.

Jace Varitek

—John Maynard Keynes

Mira_NaevaDate: Thursday, 12 Aug 2010, 4:14 PM | Message # 52
Lieutenant colonel
Mira sat in the seat across from Jace again and watched him with the scanner. His leg looked bad to her, even though she only had a little bit of medical training. Basic triage and a bit of training in case of trauma in the field. Just in case someone was shot....or stabbed....fell....broken bones, etc. But, she would only help if he asked. Surely he would know that all agents had that kind of training.

"Yeah, he should be. I'm a field agent. Undercover mostly. It's dangerous. I mean....I got shot on my last mission." She commented before she leaned back in the seat.

She paused for a moment and bit her lower lip lightly with her teeth. "Why don't you ask me what you really want to know, Jace...." Mira started before she sat up straighter in the seat. "You want to know if there is more there than just friendship? Maybe love?" Her voice wasn't harsh, and her tone was soft.

"Yes. I love Jaden. No Jedi rules or regulations can stop that feeling. I don't know if he feels the same or not. But after today, what do you think?" Mira paused another moment and let out a low sigh. "But it might be better for him if I left. Less temptation or whatever? So....when we get to Yavin, I am going to take a transport back to Coruscant....."

Jace_VaritekDate: Friday, 13 Aug 2010, 1:29 PM | Message # 53
Generalissimo
It hadn't occurred to Jace to ask for her help—he had learned how to be self sufficient during his rough childhood on Metellos, and his time in the Rebellion and at the Jedi Academy had only made him more so. As it was, though, the fracture wasn't serious. It would heal on its own in a couple of weeks, and with the Force, even less. He would need to ask Master Skywalker about those "healing trances" that always seemed to do wonders for him and Mara. He and Mara also came to mind when Mira mentioned Jedi rules and regulations. Jace smiled warmly and shook his head. "There are no rules against relationships," he corrected her, "Master Skywalker is married, after all. The Jedi of the Old Republic had rules against it, as I understand. I suppose it was for this reason," he lamented.

"Jaden seems to be very subject to his passions," he said, thoughtfully, "Far more so than I think we ever realized. It's just something to bear in mind in your relationship. As long as you two are close, I'm sure you can be a moderating influence on him." Not that he blamed her for wanting to leave, considering what had happened. Ah, there it is, Jace noted as he peered at the sensor display. It was only a hairline fracture, as he suspected. He could walk on it if he had to, but fortunately he wouldn't have to for a day or so until they reached Yavin. He clicked off the sensor and tucked it back into the medkit. "I am worried about him though," he went on, "I've never seen him lose himself like that. If he does it again, please do let me know." He didn't want to alarm her, but he was as concerned for her too—he had seen Darwin become an entirely different person, with no regard for his friends or even his family. It had been Jace who'd buried his parents, and swore on their graves that Darwin would be redeemed. Of course, it had been too late for Darwin, but it wasn't for Jaden.

Jace tugged his pant leg down again, then took off his other boot and stood, holding both boots and also the medkit, in case Jaden would need it. He nodded to her. "I sense he'll be awake in a few moments," he explained, then stepped through the cockpit door and made his way back in the direction of the galley.

Jace Varitek

—John Maynard Keynes

Jaden_EmmanganDate: Monday, 16 Aug 2010, 10:20 AM | Message # 54
Major
Jaden had been out for a pretty good while. The Jedi Knight would get himself to wake up, slowly though. He would slowly open his eyes, the vision were blurry at first. Then came a feeling, not emotionally but physically. It was a throbbing pain inside his head, apparently a headache was forming inside his head. His left hand would reach for his eyes, rubbing both of them in order to attempt and get a clearer vision. After doing so, he had his eyes locked on the ceiling for a moment there. From the look of things, he was inside a ship. Hopefully, it was his due to the exact resemblance the ship design have had.

Jaden slowly got his head off the ground, one of his legs would pull up so one of his knees can be up for his right arm can be placed upon the knee as some sort of support. The next thing he felt was the Force signature of Jace. Although he wasn't sure if Jace was in the same room or not, anger began to rose inside Jaden. "What in the name of Force happened? Where's Saia?" The Jedi Knight still had the intention to protect Mira from the Sith. He was interrupted by being knocked out before he could find out what happened to him. "Is Mira alright?" Although he was angry at the moment, he still worried for her.

Message edited by Jaden_Emmangan - Monday, 16 Aug 2010, 9:20 PM

Mira_NaevaDate: Monday, 16 Aug 2010, 4:15 PM | Message # 55
Lieutenant colonel
Mira watched Jace quietly and mulled over his words in her head for a moment before she decided to speak. "You say you want me to tell you if it happens again....like I am staying long enough to watch him. The deal was....we go to Yavin IV, I catch a transport ship back to Coruscant. Or is it already forgotten?" She asked, though it was more of a comment. Her gaze followed Jace as he started to walk away, and she rose to follow him.

"I don't want to be what makes him turn." She commented before she heard Jaden's voice raise from the other room. For the moment, she lingered back and thought that perhaps this situation would be best for Jace to handle. Or maybe it would be better for him to see her. She wasn't sure if she could handle that yet or not, so she would leave it to Jace for the moment.

Jace_VaritekDate: Friday, 20 Aug 2010, 9:59 PM | Message # 56
Generalissimo
Jace paused in the corridor as he heard Mira's words, his back to her. He cocked his head, but said nothing and, a moment later, he resumed his stride into the galley where Jaden was regaining his senses. "Mira is fine," Jace told him, "She's at the controls." He set the medkit on the gaming table and then stooped down to help Jaden back into the seat beside it. Once there, he checked his pulse again. "And you'll be fine too," he nodded, as much to himself as to Jaden. He took a few steps across the galley and seated himself at one of the console chairs, feeling weary. He took on something of a distant expression, looking at nothing in particular as he recounted the events to Jaden.

"We're on your ship, heading back to Yavin," Jace explained. "Saia is gone, for now. It wasn't worth arresting her, so I let her go. But I did find out some information about her, including her ship and where it's going. We'll keep an eye on her. You were going to kill her, though," Jace added, his gaze coming to rest grimly on Jaden. "So I shot you." Surely the recollection would come back to Jaden now, probably more clear to him now that the heat of the moment had passed. It was also hard to be angry when one was still groggy from a stun blast and probably had to use the refresher, too.

"There's a pain reliever in the medkit," Jace said, "It'll help with the aches you're feeling." He didn't need the Force to sense those aches, either—he'd been hit with a stun blast before too, many years ago, and knew that it wasn't pleasant. Its after effects were fleeting, however, and wouldn't last long.

Jace Varitek

—John Maynard Keynes

Jaden_EmmanganDate: Friday, 20 Aug 2010, 10:33 PM | Message # 57
Major
Jaden would breathe out a sigh of relief once Jace had confirmed that Mira was alright. The elevated level of stress would begin to fade away, either he did it on his own or the effects of the stun blast is still there. The Jedi Knight would be slow to get up, still groggy but Jace had proceeded to help him up. He went ahead and sit down, the headache would continue to bother him. The Jedi continued to rub his eyes in efforts to make himself comfortable. Of course, it didn't work.

Jaden groaned, listening in to Jace and finding out information about their current situation so he'd have a better awareness of where he is and what was going on. The Jedi Knight would show an expression that showed he had remembered what had happened, leaning over little bit to grab the medkit. "Ah, so it was you. I knew it couldn't be Saia, I was pointing my saber at her while I was...focused when you shot me in the back." Jaden's pause had meant something, he didn't like to admit he made mistakes. In this case, he made a mistake by making it personal. Jaden knew his friend Jace knew anyway, the man was there to see it. There was no point in hiding it anyway.

The Jedi grabbed a bottle of pain reliever out of the medkit, proceeding to take the cap off and a couple of pills fell onto his hand. He'd put the pills into his mouth, chewing on it for a moment there before swallowing. "I apologize for my...actions." His tone was soft, and the guilt was inside him. "I was only trying to protect Mira." Jaden would let out a heavy sigh, the expression on his face clearly showed that he has love for Mira. He didn't need to tell Jace this, because he had already proven that with his action. The pills would start to kick in, but the medicine still were a long way from obliterating the migraine. "By the way, how many stun blasts did you hit me? It felt like I've been hit with more than one."

Mira_NaevaDate: Saturday, 21 Aug 2010, 6:55 AM | Message # 58
Lieutenant colonel
Mira settled uneasily back into the pilots seat. She could hear the voices echoing from the dining area up into the cockpit and she caught almost every word of their conversation. Tears prickled at her eyes before she wiped them away and looked down at the nav computer. It wouldn't be long before they reached Yavin IV, and then she could go on her way to Coruscant. If she didn't have to see Jaden, that would make it easier on both of them, or so she thought.

To busy herself, she got on the holo and started looking for a way off of Yavin and to Coruscant.

Jace_VaritekDate: Sunday, 22 Aug 2010, 2:06 AM | Message # 59
Generalissimo
Try though she might, Mira would find it rather difficult to avoid Jaden, namely because it was a fairly long and tedious flight back to Yavin. Moreover, all the transportation to and from Yavin was coordinated through the Academy. This didn't necessarily mean that the Academy wouldn't respect her privacy and treat this matter with discretion, of course, but running away from it wouldn't help the Academy help her. But in either case, Jace would pressure her no longer even if he did find her apparent lack of concern for Jaden's well being to be a bit unusual. Perhaps he had misread her, or, perhaps, everyone responded to stress in different ways, and this was hers. Short of locking herself in the ship's refresher, though, she would need to confront Jaden sooner or later.

Back in the galley, Jace smiled—a rare gesture, for him. "Enough to bring down a gundark," he said with a shrug, "I thought I might miss. Turns out I didn't." He assumed a more relaxed pose in the chair and stretched out his leg. He was relieved that Jaden recognized the error of his ways. For now, at least. He did want to speak with him about it, however. "And I understand why you did it," Jace told him, "But from what I've seen in the past, Jaden, it comes down to what you believe. For example, I know you believe in the rule of law. But you have to believe what you believe—that is, you have to believe that it's right and there are no exceptions to it, ever. Even if you want to make an exception for yourself, or for Mira."

"It's not an easy thing to do," he conceded, "It requires that you scrutinize your beliefs and anticipate how they might be challenged, so that you're prepared for that when they are challenged. You don't want someone like Saia to get the better of you." Indeed, if there was one thing Jace had found in common with all of the individuals he'd seen indulge the dark side of their personalities and passions, it was that they weren't sure of themselves and what they believed in—or, at least, weren't sure enough in what they believed in not to simply cast it aside for some reason or other. Usually it was a selfish reason, with some exceptions. One peculiar exception had been "Havoc," who had never seemed to believe in anything but himself.

Mind you, Jace didn't believe that a Jedi always had to put other people or principles ahead of himself. A Jedi was, after all, a human being like anyone else (or another sentient species, as the case may be). He also wouldn't discourage Jaden from seeing Mira since Jace, too, hoped to meet someone to share his life with, and he was no fan of celibacy, either. But he did believe that a Jedi's ability in the Force gave him a responsibility that was larger than himself and larger, even, than the people he loved. The rule of law had to be upheld, for instance, if for no other reason than that he couldn't live with himself or with anyone else in a galaxy without the rule of law.

"Speaking of Mira," Jace said a moment later, "You should probably have a word with her." That was all he needed to say—no doubt, Jaden would understand that she was upset with him, having witnessed what had happened back there. Truth be told, Jace wasn't entirely okay with it himself. It remained to be seen whether this was a lesson that Jaden would truly take to heart. If he didn't, and if he became violent again—this time, Force forbid, with Mira—at least Jace would be here to prevent any harm from coming to her. Again. Not that he anticipated having to, necessarily. But it was notable that he hadn't returned Jaden's lightsaber to him yet.

Jace Varitek

—John Maynard Keynes

Jaden_EmmanganDate: Saturday, 28 Aug 2010, 7:53 PM | Message # 60
Major
Jaden would be looking at Jace for a long moment, listening to his short lecture. The Jedi Knight raised his eyebrows, indicating that he was not completely sure if he had agree with what Jace had spoken of recently. His tone was pretty calm though, "Indeed. There's nothing wrong with concerning for her safety, putting her ahead of me. I just took an inappropriate approach. My intentions were good, but I allowed my emotions to get the better of me. I'm not saying I regret loving Mira. I'm saying I regret allowing myself to be put in...the position I was in back on the planet."

The Jedi Knight would slowly get up off his chair, and walked toward the cockpit but stopped short by standing by Jace's side. Jaden would then looked down at his Jedi friend, "I suppose I should thank you for stunning me. If you weren't there, I might have killed Saia and allowed the dark side to dominate my destiny." Jaden would nod lightly toward Jace, as a sign of respect before taking off to see his love interest. He didn't even think of his lightsaber at all, not since he woke up at least. Even though he always kept his lightsaber close, he doesn't believe he should rely on it too much. Jaden wasn't always a Jedi, but he was one for the most of his life. The Jedi Knight was raised to believe that a lightsaber can make a man seems so much more, but also so much less.

He didn't really need to ask Jace where Mira was at, he had sensed her presence through the Force. Jaden got into the cockpit, looking at Mira for a long moment. The man didn't realize how much he loves her until the recent incident, letting out a heavy sigh and clearing his throat before speaking to her. "Hey, Mira. You okay?"

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » Ah, the fateful mission to Krayiss Two
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz