MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Wednesday
7:02 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Forum moderator: Sate_Pestage  
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » The Clone Voluntary Euthanasia Act
The Clone Voluntary Euthanasia Act
Senator_OrdanDate: Tuesday, 12 Mar 2013, 10:13 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant general
Group: Users
Awards: 0
The Clone Voluntary Euthanasia Act

An act to allow Clone Troopers to die with dignity.

1. When a Clone Trooper is assessed as mentally or physically unfit to continue his duty he shall be offered voluntary euthanasia.
2. A second doctor shall be required to sign off on a defective or disabled Clone choosing to self-euthanize to confirm they have outlived their usefulness.
3. Voluntary euthanasia shall comprise the administration of a lethal and painless toxin, allowing the Clone to pass away peacefully and quickly rather than mentally and physically degenerate.
4. All Clone Troopers who self euthanize rather than being a burden on the Empire or charitable care institutions shall be have "Valor in Death" noted on their records, (as if they died in active service) as their death is a service to the Empire.
5. The self-euthanasia will be accompanied by a small ceremony with their commanding officer and any other personnel they wish to attend (if practicable) where they may thank their former companion before his self-termination. Up to 50 Credits worth of refreshment will be provided by the Imperial Treasury.
6. Full military honours shall be accorded to Clones who take self-euthanasia.

This is an extremely cost-effective way to help dispose with the majority of aged or disabled Clones who are patently not going to be happy in civilian life. The cost to the Empire is circa 65 credits (more than recovered by recycling the body and it's organs). Much cheaper than letting them degenerate in nursing homes, depressed and in agony.

Senator Hubert Ordan

Senator of the Azure Sector
Foreign Minister of Anaxes
Captain-General of the Azure Interest Protection Squadron
Deputy Chairman of the Ethics Committee
Worshipful Master of the Most Loyal and Honourable Company of Blockadeers
Archtreasurer of the Vault of Pols Anaxes
Autocrat of Selgon
Owner of Azure Durasteel
Systems Admiral (Ret)
Order of the Canted Circle

Senator_CambristDate: Tuesday, 12 Mar 2013, 11:37 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant general
Awards: 6
The current law provides for a euthanasia option. Indeed, I lobbied for this option almost two years ago, and I did so again more recently, too. I was pleased to see it incorporated into Article V of the Clone Retirement Act. I'm not sure this proposal is necessary, considering. Unless Senator Ordan intends it as an amendment to the Clone Retirement Act, Article V of which is somewhat lacking in specificity.

Senator_OrdanDate: Wednesday, 13 Mar 2013, 1:33 AM | Message # 3
Lieutenant general
Awards: 0
I believe detailed law needs to be the foundation of an explicit and attractive euthanasia option for clones reaching the end of their operational life. So I do think a separate piece of legislation is useful in this case. I do however signify my willingness to subordinate this act in law to the presently existing legislation would take precedence in the event of a disagreement. Would this be satisfactory? What I am most concerned with is securing the honours and funeral rights to be granted to these clones sacrificing themselves in the cause of the Empire once again.

Senator Hubert Ordan

Senator of the Azure Sector
Foreign Minister of Anaxes
Captain-General of the Azure Interest Protection Squadron
Deputy Chairman of the Ethics Committee
Worshipful Master of the Most Loyal and Honourable Company of Blockadeers
Archtreasurer of the Vault of Pols Anaxes
Autocrat of Selgon
Owner of Azure Durasteel
Systems Admiral (Ret)
Order of the Canted Circle

Bernard_OrielDate: Friday, 15 Mar 2013, 12:41 PM | Message # 4
Colonel general
Awards: 1
The Defense Committee would like to hear Senator Cambrist's Views on Senator Ordan's reply.

Bernard Oriel
Senator for the Planet of Vjun
1st Earl Malreaux (Second Creation)
Vjun Delegation to the Imperial Senate

Senator_CambristDate: Monday, 18 Mar 2013, 9:20 AM | Message # 5
Lieutenant general
Awards: 6
I'm quite satisfied. Article V of the Clone Retirement Act establishes the principle of a euthanasia option with posthumous honors, and this act provides the particulars. This is why I felt it's most suitable as an amendment to the Clone Retirement Act, but it's a good bill either way. I think this act, combined with my proposed amendment, would amount to an improvement upon the Clone Retirement Act which I can support.

Message edited by Senator_Cambrist - Monday, 18 Mar 2013, 9:21 AM

LomenRyuunDate: Sunday, 31 Mar 2013, 2:16 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant general
Awards: 1
Senator Cambrist proves a good point. This act is unneeded. Druckenwell votes against.

Lomen Ryuun
Senator, Doldur Sector
Senator, Druckenwell
Representative, Monor II (10 BBY - 9 BBY)
Representative, Geridard
Representative, Boranall
Representative, Therenor Prime
Vice-chairman, Defense Committee (Temporarily suspended)
Controlling Shareholder - Druckenwell Arms Corporation

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » The Clone Voluntary Euthanasia Act
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz