The Clone Voluntary Euthanasia Act
An act to allow Clone Troopers to die with dignity.
1. When a Clone Trooper is assessed as mentally or physically unfit to continue his duty he shall be offered voluntary euthanasia.
2. A second doctor shall be required to sign off on a defective or disabled Clone choosing to self-euthanize to confirm they have outlived their usefulness.
3. Voluntary euthanasia shall comprise the administration of a lethal and painless toxin, allowing the Clone to pass away peacefully and quickly rather than mentally and physically degenerate.
4. All Clone Troopers who self euthanize rather than being a burden on the Empire or charitable care institutions shall be have "Valor in Death" noted on their records, (as if they died in active service) as their death is a service to the Empire.
5. The self-euthanasia will be accompanied by a small ceremony with their commanding officer and any other personnel they wish to attend (if practicable) where they may thank their former companion before his self-termination. Up to 50 Credits worth of refreshment will be provided by the Imperial Treasury.
6. Full military honours shall be accorded to Clones who take self-euthanasia.
This is an extremely cost-effective way to help dispose with the majority of aged or disabled Clones who are patently not going to be happy in civilian life. The cost to the Empire is circa 65 credits (more than recovered by recycling the body and it's organs). Much cheaper than letting them degenerate in nursing homes, depressed and in agony.